Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 12:36 PM   #331  
This IS it...

S/C/G: 350.2/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Congrats Neesy!!!!!!!

That's me doing the happy dance for you!!!

I am soo proud that you reached your first goal AND ahead of schedule. I wish I could say the same! I must have set my goal unrealistically though, because you started about the same time as me and you had a goal of 10 lbs less. Oh and I hope some of that snow stays until I get to Ohio later this week!

I just realized that I forgot to update my exercise goal for January in my signature after my Saturday workout. So that makes 80 more minutes for a total of 830 minutes. So, tonight's workout, if all goes as planned, will put me past my goal!!!! Oh and that's not even counting the 3 hours I have logged on my Wii Fit so far!!!! I mean it's fun and all and especially the yoga and the strength training work you pretty good, but the cardio doesn't even come close to how hard I work out in the gym. I keep my HR at about 150-160 in the gym. So, I jsut think of the Wii fit as time not spent on the couch not as actual exercise. Does anyone else feel that way?

One more gym accomplishment that I was absolutely thrilled about on Saturday was that I ran for a whole minute!!! LOL. I know that doesn't sound like alot, but you try getting 330 lbs moving 5 MPH for a whole minute and then come talk to me. My goal for tonight is to do two minutes. Even if I have to split them into 2 separate sprints, I will be happy. It's weird that I am having way more gym accomplishments than scale accomplishments. I know it is making me healthy and all, but I really want to look good as well as be fit. Please God, give me some scale accomplishments soon!

Last edited by TiffTiff1985; 01-27-2009 at 12:39 PM.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:46 PM   #332  
focus on me

Height: 5'3"

Neesy - First of all.... I really feel like I can do this when I see someone else who is. As to the weather, I'm there with you. As I said before, I'm in No. KY and they say tomorrow a.m. could be worse cause of the ice/rain mix..yipee... We got to leave work at 2pm today, just at the ice started coming down. I am sooo happy for that. Rush hour sucks when this stuff comes through.

So, today I had my oatmeal (not enough time for my egg thing since I had to clean the car of snow), a WW yogurt and leftovers from last night-tomato soup and grilled cheese. My stomach started growling again, so I think I will have my egg thing now! But I think I will get on the treadmill first. Gotta get it in since I have a couple extra hours today.

I'm wondering if I should make a goal. When I've done it in the past, it seems to get me off track. I'll think about it some more. Maybe in a week or two once I'm up and running again.
Old 01-27-2009, 04:33 PM   #333  

S/C/G: 212/207/130

Height: 5'6"

Thanks everyone for the welcome! I need all the help I can get. I am actually on Lindora which I think is mainly in California. Not too many people are on it on this site. It's high protein, lower carbs which my body responds to. I lost 45 pounds on it 3 years ago and let it all come back. I am not going to do it again! I am on Day 2 and feeling good. So glad to have you all as support!
Old 01-28-2009, 09:37 AM   #334  
focus on me

I'm sitting here watching the snow come down and praying that I won't be one of the unfortunate ones who's power goes out! Currently 24,000 in Cincy/tri-state area. My work called off today. Level 3 there and power out. yipee!

I was thinking of jumping on my treadmill, but if a line snaps and the power goes out, I don't think I want to fall off my treadmill. Plus then, I would be sweaty and wouldn't be able to take a shower. Well I could before the hot water got cold, but I couldn't dry my hair. Not such a great idea. So, I will wait until it stops before I get into something.

I will just cruise this site and the news. Kinda nice not having to do anything, but still worried about power....
Old 01-28-2009, 10:02 AM   #335  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Height: 5'6"

Just wanted to jump on and say thank you to everyone! It makes me feel so good to have your support=)

Gotta get some sleep now. I'm working 12hr shifts back to back.

Hope everyone has a great day! Talk to you later!
Old 01-28-2009, 10:08 AM   #336  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Takeadeepbreath - I feel bad for you, espcially since it is 80 degrees here in Florida (little dig, just kidding). Sorry to hear about the weather. Can you do something "light" in exercise? Maybe a yoga dvd or something? Do you have the fit channnel on tv where you live? I would imagine today is a perfect day to exercise, since you can't go out or be distracted, minus the fact of shower snafu-that sucks!

I hope everyone is doing well. I am chewing A LOT of gum to subside my urge to munch today. I'm majorly stressed (taxes) and want to eat, but I am going to over come this.

How is everyone else doing today?
Old 01-28-2009, 10:23 AM   #337  
focus on me

Lindy - I have basic cable and I mean basic (cheaper). I do have a couple vids of yoga, walk in place and other stuff, but unfortunately, I am now addicted to live web stream from local weather station (fox19 . com if you want to see what's going on here right now). It's supposed to quit in about 1 1/2 hours. Then I will have to dig my car out, cause i KNOW we will be working tomorrow-although, the power is out right now, so maybe not. But I still have to go to mom's house to check on the cat later today and probably have to shovel there so I can park. I gave the cat lots of food yesterday cause I knew this would happen. So I will have that exercise to look forward to...haha!
Old 01-28-2009, 10:35 AM   #338  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Hey Ladies. Can I jump in the sandbox with ya'll. I have been around a while and post everywhere but would love to find a special group.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:43 PM   #339  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Takeadeepbreath shoveling snow is great exercise! Especially if there is a lot of it. I hope all is alright and your power stays on! My sister lives in Louiville and had a snow day from work too. She is a teacher. I also have two nephew north of there that are at home. I hope your day is relaxing and good before you have to go out in the cold.

Lindy we are neighbors! I too am in Florida in Deland (30 min. north). I actually grew up in Orlando, went to Boone High School. My parents still live there, along with my sister, a nephew and niece (and their families). Yes, it is a heated 80 degrees today ;-) I here that will change though!

I have been doing good, just had my oatmeal with a some grape nuts - yummy! I love it because it has a good amount of iron in it and really helps my energy, plus fills me up.

Hope everyone has a good day and stay warm takeadeepbreath.

Sandy

myblog = mygritsconfessions.com
Old 01-28-2009, 12:46 PM   #340  
Kelly

S/C/G: 190/see ticker/130

Hello everyone,
I was home sick with my son yesterday and unable to check in. I did eat fairly well though. I just can't eliminate soda. I am completly on diet only. So that's good. Today I have already drank 2 bottles of water, that's all I have been getting in a whole day and it's almost noon. So I feel like I am making progress and looking forward to weighing in tomor. I also got my ticker so I am pretty excited. Not sure if this post will show since it says it's moved. Still new a little so I am just tryng anyways.
Hope everyone is doing well today!
Old 01-28-2009, 01:30 PM   #341  

Hey Sandy! Yeah it is warm today but we will have our "cold" front on {riday, if that's what you call it. I used to work right next to Boone HS, so I know the exact area where you used to live. I have been in Orlando for about 15 years but lived in Connecticut prior to moving here.

I didn't think of all the excercise that takeadeepbreath will get with shoveling snow, what an awesome thought. I know its not fun, but it is exercise. I guess its like us in Florida. I do my lawn every2-3 weeks just for exercise. My husband doesn't like it and finds it strange that I'M doing it but hey, I can feel the sweat pouring off of me and its not that bad, in fact, I usually get a tan too. Lol.

Anyway, I had Hurst's 15 bean cajun soup today, it was AMAZING! If you like beans, I highly suggest making a pot of this and dividing it into portions. Its a packet mix and with a little ham, its low in calories and fills you up. I am seriously wanting to snack but not because I'm hungry, mainly for comfort and boredom, so I popped some gum in my mouth. Let's hope I can hold up till my snack time at 330.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:43 PM   #342  
Kelly

S/C/G: 190/see ticker/130

I have a problem with eating out of bordom, or just thinking about food (especially when depressed or sad) What is a good time frame to have between snacks/meals.
I was thinking 3 hours. Has anyone else tried this.
So if I eat lunch at 12p then I can't allow myself a snack or more food until 3p.

I was looking through some of the other threads on here for calorie counting, and have a better idea of how it works. I found that I should probably start with 1600 per day, and try to get exercising in!! I just wish I had more time to exercise. With working a FT day job and PT evening job it makes it tough with two kids.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:09 PM   #343  

Kity - it is hard and we understand your challenges with two kids and two jobs. That being said, if you can't exercise, why don't you try parking far in parking lots and walking more or taking the stairs at work (if that's an option). Just small things. I highly encourage the Wii too, that's something you can do with kids (even small ones) and get a workout. Just a thought.

Take care.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:54 PM   #344  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Kity: I know what it is like eating out of boredom. Right now I stay at home with my daughter full time and the fridge never closes here! Basically, I just started getting the willpower to say no. Then, as the weight started to come off, it became easier to say no to the bad stuff. I went to Ruby Tuesday's for lunch today and had a turkey burger on a wheat bun (no sauce) with lettuce, tomato, and pickle. And, instead of fries, I had broccoli. It really does start to become an easy choice. I also find that if I am bored, I have a glass of water, and if I'm still hungry, I have some raw walnuts. It takes the edge off of the hunger, and actually helps fill me up prior to meals (I have some with blueberries and yogurt in the morning, and it keeps me full for a few hours).

I'm starting to feel left out that most of you live in Florida! How unfair! It's 16 degrees here, and trust me, shoveling snow is a work out and it's horrible! It was 32 last week so I got the brilliant idea to surprise my hubby and shovel our driveway so he wouldn't have to do it...boy it was a workout! This will be fun for Kelly to unbury her car!

A welcome to bchlover, Thighs Be Gone, and Sandy. This is a great group of women and very supportive. They have really helped me a lot and I look forward to getting to know all of you.

Today was a good day! It started by me weighing myself and even though it's "that time of the month" I am still down another 2 pounds. I won't change my ticker though. To make things even better, I was able to get into my jeans that were a size smaller...and I was still pulling them up all day (and I had a belt on). This is the first time where I feel that I'm really making a difference and seeing a noticeable results.

I even decided today to enroll my daughter and I into a "mommy and me" class so I can get her more active and we can have some extra bonding time. It's been hard in Chicago, with it being so cold, I think we're both getting cabin fever.

Talk to you ladies soon!
Old 01-29-2009, 12:11 PM   #345  
This IS it...

S/C/G: 350.2/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

As of this morning, I have lost 25 lbs! I am down to 324.8 and started at 350. I was so excited when I saw that number this morning. I have one more day to lose weight before I leave on vacation, so I am shooting for 26 lbs. down. I did say at one point that I just wanted to be under 325 once I realized that I would not reach my goal, so I did that at least! I really hope I can maintain my weight if not lose a couple lbs. while I am in Ohio. We have all day to be active, no work for a whole week, so theoretically I should be able to lose more than at home! Haha, we know that is not going to happen. Oh well, it is a vacation. I am going to relax, and enjoy myself. And by enjoying myself I do not mean eating everything in sight.

Everyone hasn't been around too much the past couple days. Where ya been!? Better not be off the wagon...if you are, get back on and post!
Closed Thread