Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 12:26 AM   #391  
This IS it...

S/C/G: 350.2/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey all, just a quick check in...It is snowing here right now!

We went to amish country today and that was amazing. I haven't gotten much exercise in since that first night. Hope I have't been eating too much. Tomorrow I think it is supposed to be -4 for a high. Can we say EEEK?!?

It is dark in here and I am trying to type by touch but I just wanted to check in and let you all know I am reading still. Just not too much time to post my normal lengthy posts. Good night and lets hope I dont freeze!!!
Old 02-04-2009, 01:09 AM   #392  
【☆ Chloe ☆】

S/C/G: 205.5/179/130

Height: 5'3.5"

@luckylindy - - - omg i am the same too LOL! i always read the nutritional labels...i guess it became a habit for me cos I always check out the sodium first **hypertension** but i never really thought people might find me weird with it ...except my sister and mom...when we go grocery shopping...they'd always joke around that i am my dad's daughter...cos after my dad had a bypass surgery 2 years ago, he started to meticulously read the label and takes a lot of time! so now they tease me about it. I dont care... i only want the best for my body and health >D

@mygritsconfession - - - ahahaha glad to have made your night xD well i think everyone has come to that scenario in our lives ^^;

@maddiesmom - - - aawww at least youre back on track! ^^ dont worry about that superbowl splurge~ i also had that experience months ago when i ate fast food again after a month of none of those...and its wendy's too xD i think cos the stomach got used to the kind of food it gets prior to it...^^; i dont know

Anyway....at this moment...I AM SOOO EXHAUSTED! I am so happy that I didn't procrastinate my workout today...cos this morning when I turned off my alarm clock...**and went back to bed** i told myself ill just do it when i get home...I AM GLAD I DIDN'T! After 20 minutes I got up completely and headed straight to our basement to do the treadmill. I know I should have eaten even a banana before my workout but my time was so limited....had to go to school an hour and a half after I got out of bed. But I am very happy I did my workout today! Woohoo!

But yeah I am so tired! Im a nurse's aid and I work on the dementia unit....and today they assigned me to a different team TT-TT and it was completely new cos I never handled the residents in that team and the sad thing is 90% of them are dependent and needs lifting and all. After their dinner (7 pm)...i finished at 10:30 just to put all my residents to bed. so tired so tired....im heading to bed soon **but night owl like me dont sleep until 3am...=x**

oh and a realization today....i don't like the taste of grape tomatoes when eaten by itself. I prefer it in a salad or with hummus. ^^;;; cos I got some of those with me for work and I noshed it on my way home...ended up tossing some out of the car's window ^^;;

You guys are doing a great job ne?! ^-^ keep up!
Old 02-04-2009, 07:26 AM   #393  
focus on me

Height: 5'3"

MyGrits - I also want to say I'm sorry for your loss. I can't imagine losing a close friend. The fact that you are coping with your friend's death the right way by grieving rather than eating it away, is absolutely wonderful. We are all very proud of you.

My eating has started to falter again due to the Superbowl 'splurge'. I'm paying attention to what I'm eating, but I'm not adding it up to see that instead of one 'booboo' a day, I'm having several. I caught up my food blog and wanted to smack myself! So today, it all goes on paper and I will record it on my blog when I get home. I weighed this morning and am back up 1 lb. I do feel bloated and I know it's the sodium, so if I watch and record what I'm eating, that should go away and hopefully I can maintain from last Sunday or even drop another lb.

I have to make an effort to get moving again. I can't tell you the last time I did any exercise. I know if I eat crappy that I will feel crappy the next day and that kills any desire to move.

We'll see how it goes. I just have to keep being active in this forum so I can stay focused. Again, thank you ladies for being here!

Oh yeah, welcome Pixie! Not sure if I've said hello yet or not.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:25 AM   #394  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Height: 5'5

TiffTiff1985 - Good to see you on here, as I was wondering if you were still on vacation. Amish Country, huh, I have always wanted to visit there, as it does look fascinating. Almost like going back in time. I bet they don't Battle the Buldge there since they do most work the 'old' way - lots of calories being burned! ;-)

Pixiegal - Way to go getting up and doing your workout. It will make your whole day so much brighter! When I procrastinate and don't get out there, I just feel 'blah' all day long and disappointed in myself.

Take-a-deep-breath - Thank you, and each day is getting better. It really makes you think about your own life, and better health. He wasn't that old, and had actually asked his girlfriend the day before to marry him. I feel his downfall was not eating and living a healthy lifestyle. He wasn't overweight except by maybe 10-15 pounds, however he didn't eat healthy foods, or exercise. Make you think!

Hope everyone has a great day. I pigged out again last night, so I am just off track!!! Today I have started right again, and WILL stay on course. I have too!!

Sandy

blog = www.mygritsconfessions.com
Old 02-04-2009, 10:30 AM   #395  

S/C/G: See signature

Morning ladies!

Well, I hopped on the scale today and to my dismay, I gained 3 pds! Ugh! I really hope that this is me retaining water and that when I weigh myself on Sunday, I either lose something small or maintain my weigh in on Saturday (12 pds.), that would still keep me on track with my 10 pds a month since I exceeded my goal for January. Darn Superbowl! I know I splurged but I think I just filled myself up with SO MUCh salty food, that it is affecting me now. Nachos, buffalo wings - come on, I couldnt get much worst. Oh well, I did good yesterday and hopefully today, so...fingers crossed I bring this number down. If not, on Sunday I will update my ticker.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:31 AM   #396  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone! I just got home from a 12hr night shift... I'm exhausted! I've been really good on my diet this week. Staying busy does wonders! I haven't weighed myself yet.. I usually like to wait until right after I wake up.. it's when I'm the lightest. So.. hopefully I'll see another lb loss.

Will check in more later!
Old 02-04-2009, 11:23 AM   #397  
【☆ Chloe ☆】

S/C/G: 205.5/179/130

Height: 5'3.5"

@Kelly - - thanks for welcoming me! yeah it same goes to me....if i dont eat right....i tend to just sleep instead of workout xD

@Sandy -- thank you! ^^ i do feel so happy i did my workout instead of procrastinating~ ill feel sooooo bad today if i didnt

@Lindy - - aawww sweetie...maybe its just water retention ne? now you mentioned wings....i wonder when can i get some delicious buffalo wings .......in a month i guess LOL! anyway don't worry! there was a time i gained some pounds too...about 2-3 lbs i think after christmas and eventually lost it after a day or 2...don't worry! I will be rooting for you!

@Neesy - - omg 12 hour shift?! i don't think i can do that but i really wanna do a double soon to save more money for my trip to LA in the summer xD

- - - - - - - - - - -

And girls~ I'M OUT OF THE 180s! Woohoo! This morning I weighed myself ***eventhough i am trying to control my obsession with the scale T_T*** and i didnt have my glasses on ^^;;; very bad sight...LOL but anyway...i immediately got off the scale and saw it said 179 and i was like "nuh uh that's not true >_> i was 181.5 3 days ago..." so i ran to my room and wore my glasses and did it again. AND IT WAS TRUE! 179 POUNDS!! WOOHOO!!! I do think I will be able to achieve my mini goal >< i desperately wanna get the keyboards and play music soon!
Old 02-04-2009, 12:40 PM   #398  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Mygrits-let us know how you like your pilates equipment. I need to get something. I have to get motivated again to workout. It is my downfall, even though I am seeing the scale go down. I know exercise would make it go even smoother.

Tiff-Glad you are getting to enjoy this wonderful weather with us up north. I cant wait until next Tuesday, its supposed to be almost 50

Pixie-Great job getting up and working out. I probably would have stayed in bed. I am a sleeper!!! Woohoo for being in the 170's. THat is awesome. You are doing so good.

Takeadeepbreath-You can get back to eating right. We all have lapses. I ate my husbands delicious chili last night but only had about a half a bowl, it was so good. Gotta make something healthy tonight.

Lindy-I wouldnt worry about the 3 lbs, you can get everything back on track and take it back off quickly.

Neesy-Glad you checked in, you probably get a lot of exercise working those 12 hour shifts.

I did get outside yesterday, it was so cold. But I have a car sitting out in the snow that I havent driven in months(have some issues with it all the time). So I decided to get out there and dig it out of the snow. That was a good workout. I came back in and was sweating. Probably gonna do some more today. Well, I just looked at the temp and its 6 degrees outside, may have to wait until tomorrow when it warms up a bit. I need to get out my DVD's and start making myself workout. Make me do it ladies, I need some motivation. The scale was very nice to me today, again. Yesterday, I was 228.2 and today, I was at 227.8. I know its not much but its a loss and I will take it. It so nice to see the scale moving consistently down now. I also talked to my sister last night and she has lost 10 lbs, so I have about 2 lbs to catch up to her, even though she weighs a lot less than I do. Ok, ladies, everyone have a wonderful day. Lets hope we can all stay on plan. I will check in later.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:36 PM   #399  

Hey Pixie and burgundy - thanks for the words of encouragement.

I cannot even imagine going outside in 6 degree weather Burgundy! I walk 2 miles every morning and today it was 45 out when I went and I was so cold I had tears going down my face - haha, I'm such a whimp. Anyway, I love chili Burgundy. We haad some at Superbowl and it was AMAZING. I make mine super hot. Anyway, I'm glad too see you are making so much prgress, it will be so exciting when you get past 10.

Pixie - I look forward to the day I get in the 170's. The last pictures I have of me skinny is at 170, roughly a size 10/12 and I looked amazing. I can only imagine what I will look like when I get to my goal of 130. Anyway, I don't want to steal your thunder. Congrats, thatsts and awesome accomplishment. Keep up the good work.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:08 PM   #400  

My overtime shift at work got cancelled tonight. I feel like I need a break.. but I also wanted the money really bad. It's double time! How can you pass that up!!

Anway, Did anyone see the biggest loser last night? AH! I was so mad! At the beginning of the show, I was rooting for Dan (the 19yr old) and Carla (the biggest woman) and last week they sent Dan home and this week they sent Carla! And in both cases, it wasn't their fault. It was their teammate's fault.

I also watch the Diet Tribe. It's a more realistic weight loss show with a group of friends that have 90 days to lose 30lbs. I think that is a more realistic weight loss. That is what I have been shooting for.. 10lbs a month.

I'm starting to freak out though. This happens everytime. Every single year, I lose 20-25lbs and get around 217-220 and then stop dieting all together. I haven't been under 217 in 4 years. I've been close EVERY year. So.. here I am again.....Oh I don't want to quit!!!

Last edited by Neesy_20; 02-04-2009 at 10:09 PM.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:30 AM   #401  

Neesy - don't quiit! You can do it! So far, both you and Tiff are leading this pack in weight loss and we are so incredibly proud of you. Besides, you started this forum, you got all us gorls together, so HAVE to stick with it for the long haul. I personally am going to hold you accountable, I want to see those before and after pics and stopping at 25 pds. Is not going to cut it (this is my wannabe approach to being Jillian on BL - think mean drill sargeant-lol).

Anyway, YOU CAN DO IT! If you run out of ideas are need more support, just send me a private message, I'm here for you, for all of you.

So, I hopped back on the scale day, which by the way is totally against my plan. I was only supposed to weigh in once a week (sometimes 2 if I need reassurance), but anyway, until I lose my Superbowl weight, I am going to keep on jumping on. So, back to my story...I'm on the scale and I lost 1.5 pds from my Superbowl 3 lbs. Yay! Even if I maintain, I will be happy. I just have to get that darn weight off.

On another side note, I budgeted (and wasted) 250 calories on hot chocolate today. It was 29 degrees this morning when I went for my walk and I was FREEZING. No regrets, now I just have to watch myself the rest of the day. Well ill check in later.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:17 AM   #402  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

luckylindy - Congratulations on your 1.5 loss! Even though it's early in the week, you are on your way! I do like your "Jillian" approach! I wish I could hire her for one week - wow, would that ever get my butt in gear! LOL

Neesy - Keep faith in yourself. Don't even give into that Self Sabotage Talk!! Write down the benefits of you sabotaging all you have done thus far, and then write down the benefits of success! Hang it on the wall and read each morning until you get down farther. Re-do this as much as possible. This helped me.

Ok, I used my Pilates Chair - which I have now named "Martha" the b........ (you can fill in the blanks LOL). I wasn't sure who was going to kill who, but I did survive and have aches that I didn't know one could have! I like her though - Martha is OK. So, I think what I will do is walking and then every other day "Martha." I just wanted to find a way to tone. Two years ago when I lost alot of weight, and all I did was walk, plus hand weights, I ended up losing muscle. The end result - flab.......lots of flab.......ugh!

Well, hope everyone has a good day - STAY WARM!

Sandy

blog - www.mygritsconfessions.com
Old 02-05-2009, 12:40 PM   #403  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Sandy,
Is that the Malibu Pilates chair that you have? I was just curious, as I saw an infomercial on this product the other day and was thinking about it. Let me know how you like in in the next couple of weeks. I need something to do (even though I am notorious for buying items and not using them).

My workout has been slowed once again. I take my daughter to the Mommy and Me classes and I got sick! I hate when parents bring sick kids to these classes, then everyone else gets sick. I mean, they have free make up classes...stay home and get better! So now I am sick, do not have any energy to work out, and have to take it easy so I don't get sicker. Hopefully I will show a loss of some kind on Sunday...this just gives me time to focus on my eating, but I am at 1500 calories per day.

Have a good morning everyone!

Neesy: Don't give up!! We're all here for you...take it one day (or meal) at a time. Vent to us...we've all been there before!
Old 02-05-2009, 12:51 PM   #404  
Melting the lbs away

S/C/G: 185/154/125

Height: 5'2"

Hey guys, I am from Ohio also, Cleveland area. Today is my first day on here. I started my diet on Jan 4 and have lost 16 lbs so far. I diet and play Dance Dance Revolution every night. SInce the weather has been so bad, I've had to work out indoors and that's getting boring. I can't wait until Spring!
Old 02-05-2009, 02:18 PM   #405  

Thanks you guys! I don't know what I'd do without all of you!

I woke up today re-energized. I'm completely dedicated. I'm SOO close to being under 200lbs. I'm going to do it this time! I'm not going to go another birthday over 200. I can't! I'm not going to let you all down! You guys have been doing so great.I'm going to get my hair cut today and maybe get a new outfit to boost my confidence. I think it will give a little extra pick me up.

Lindy-Thank you so much! Sometimes I need a "Jillian" =) Congrats on the 1.5lbs! I wish I could just weigh myself once or twice a week... but I'm way too impatient. I weigh myself everyday.

Confessions- Thanks! That's a good idea! I did something like that. I've been tracking my weight loss/mood on this poster on my wall. I also put up my cholesterol results that my doc gave me. It gives me a good reminder of what I'm working for. The pilates chair is hilarious! Why martha? That's my mom's name.. haha

Maddiesmom- Thank you! I hope you feel better!

Cruebratt- Welcome! It's great to have you! 16lbs in a month!!!! WOW! That is great! I'm right there with you about the weather. I can't wait for spring!

Last edited by Neesy_20; 02-05-2009 at 02:19 PM.
Closed Thread