Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 02:07 PM   #496  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Height: 5'5

Hello Everyone!

Great pics Burgandrayne! You can definitely see the weight loss! I can sooo relate the 'husbands knowing where everything is!' Oh my sounds so familiar! I remember when my husband and I married, he told me whereever Mike is he will leave a trail and it nevers move after it is put down. Geez is that true! What ironic is he gets so ticked when he can't find something - OH BUT HE KNOWS WHERE EVERYTHINGS IS!!!!!!!LOLOLOLOLOL

Lindy wow you are so close and I am so envious! I know you can do it! Takeadeepbreath is right, change up your routine!

Ok, I am excited as I am down 2lbs!! I won't lie, as it was difficult, but I did it. Yes, now onward to my next goal..........212.......
Old 02-22-2009, 02:16 PM   #497  
Sandy....

Oops, I forgot the funniest part......here is my updated ticker ;-)
Old 02-22-2009, 05:44 PM   #498  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Hi Ladies,
I've been kinda MIA the past few days...I've been busy! I had to take a drug test for the new job, plus take Madeline to mommy and me class (she's doing so well with it), and I had to go shopping for new clothes. Unfortunately, that's wasn't as much fun as I thought it would be. I'm still right in between the sizes, but I had to have suits to wear to work. So, I spent $500 on new clothes that may not fit me in a couple of months. I figured, what the heck, if they are big on me, I can always wear a belt or get them taken in. That's a lot better than buying something too small and having it look horrible.

Well, like some of you are having, my TOM is here. I know that is why I ate at Chili's and Chipotle this week. Even with eating all that stuff, I still watched my calories for the remainder of the days. I am down 1 pound, which I will take after the stuff I've eaten. Of course my body is not happy with me, the fried buffalo chix fingers in my salad made me feel crappy for the next couple of days.

Congrats to everyone on their losses...little ones add up! I have a week to get down to my goal of 250, so we'll see how that goes. Burgandy: you can tell the weight loss. Congrats! Tiff: Tiff, I wish I had the motivation you do for working out...I still have to get there. Good for you! Sandy:Congrats on the 2 pounds!

I am going to be strict this week, and I actually have to get used to getting up early (5:30 am) for work, so this week is my transition week before I start work. I am going to get up at 5:30, do a work out, and have time to shower before my daughter wakes up. I figured by working out that early, it will give me energy for the rest of the day. We'll see though.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend ladies!

Last edited by MaddiesMom; 02-22-2009 at 05:45 PM.
Old 02-22-2009, 07:52 PM   #499  

S/C/G: See signature

Burgundy - thanks for sharing your pics. I will be posting my before and after pics next Saturday. I want to be at exactly 20 pds. before I do it, that way I can see the difference. Your are so pretty! We have such a good looking group of girls here - go us! By the way - you can totally see a difference.

Mygrits - congrats on your your 2 lbs. That is awesome. Actually, congratulations to everyone that lost weight. I agree, I need to switch things up. I am actually going to try rollerblading this week and see how it goes. I wish I could change my path to reflect inclines, etc. but here in Florida, there are no hills - its all flat land. But hey, at least we have sunshine. I'll take that.

Maddiesmom- wow, $500 on a new wardrobe. I could only dream. I actually had some extra spending money from my tax return and instead of buying clothes, knowing that I want to lose another 70 pds. I went and bought enough shoes for the entire year - 13 pairs to be exact!!! CRAZY! My husband thinks I'm nuts, he's like "why do you need a million pairs of shoes", but hey, they were on sale, so thats a good enough reason - right?! HAHA.

Today I did a MAJOR binge eat. I ate like you would not believe, but I'm going to get back on the wagon tomorrow and be SUPER strict starting tomorrow.

I want to thank everyone for their support, once again - it means a lot.

Last edited by luckylindy; 02-22-2009 at 07:55 PM.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:26 PM   #500  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Thanks for all the encouraging words and comments on my pics. Maybe would all start sharing pics if ya'll are comfortable with sharing. Keep up the good work everyone. Have a great night.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:53 PM   #501  
This IS it...

S/C/G: 350.2/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Burgandy:You can definitely tell a difference, mostly around your midsection. That's the best place to lose weight right?

Almost everyone made comments about my workout routine. For me, I would much rather go to the gym 5 days a week and burn 700 calories, than eat 700 calories less those days. That's how I look at it anyways. I am actually really getting into working out, and can't wait until I weigh less because I want to take classes. I will have to go to a new gym, because my cheapo $20 a month for two people gym doesn't have any classes. But that's fine because when we move to KY in a few months we will have to change gyms anyways. I'd like to take yoga and maybe some cardio classes. I really am not getting bored either, because everytime I go, I just do whatever machine I feel like that day. I don't stick with one routine every time. Like today, me and the fiance did a circuit I found online: 15 mins stairclimber (omg I almost died), 15 mins bike at 30 second intervals - easy/hard, and 15 mins on the treadmill (I ran almost 3 of those 15 - BIG accomplishment for me). Then we did these two machines I wanted to try for a while - they work the inside and outside of your thighs. Then we tried out the rowing machine for 2 minutes (literally). All I haave to say, is that stair climber is KILLER. Its hella hard cardio and I did 36 flights of stairs. I didn't even think that was possible?!!? To heft 320 lbs up 36 flights of stairs. This was by far the hardest workout I have done so far to date.

Lindy: OMG, I cannot believe how close you are to the 100's!!! I would be sooo thrilled to be at that weight. But, you know, I let myself get this high up in weight, so I have to burn it all off, pound by pound.

Mygrits: YAAAAY for two lbs!

MaddiesMom: I am going to have to go shopping soon for new work clothes. I just want to wait as long as possible so I can hopefully be in a 22. But that's exciting that you got to go shopping!!!

When I get to 320...I will share pics. I have been taking them at 10 lb intervals. I haven't really seen a difference so far. I am hoping that there will be a difference at 30 lbs lost.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:55 AM   #502  
Sandy....

Hello Everyone!

Tiff - Great to hear from you. You have an incredible workout routine - WOW I am really impressed. 36 flights of stairs? I couldn't do that. You ROCK! I didn't realize you were moving to KY, the Bluegrass State. That is were my sister lives, Louisville to be exact. I also have two nephews that live in different parts of the state.

Lindy - Hey, nothing wrong with shoes! LOL Florida is flat, but hey in Deland we have baby hills......lol I did rollerblading when my kids were younger, or should I say I tried. It was hilliarious, when I got my rollerblades we when to Lake Eola to try them out, oh my gosh I started rolling to fast, screamed and yes, right on the butt! All 265lbs. of me! LOL, the kids had a good laugh!

Thanks for all the congrates. I need to really step it up, as I didn't realize my goal for Easter, April 12th is getting close and I still have 23 lbs. to lose.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-23-2009, 03:35 PM   #503  

Tiff - awesome job on your exercise routine.

Today has been a so-so day. I did oatmeal for breakfast, sushi for lunch, and a granola bar for my snack. I am going to try to do an all veggie dinner because of my sushi and then call it a day. I also plan on making it a 4 mile walk/run tonight. Its strange, my walk now is like nothing, I don't break a sweat and don't get my h2eart rate up, yet, when I run, I feel like I'm on the verge of dying - literally. Ill just have to work on my happy medium. I am looking forward to weighing in Saturday, I KNOW I am going to be in onelander, I will not accept anything else - woo-hoo. Ill check in later.

Ciao!
Old 02-24-2009, 11:32 AM   #504  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Height: 5'6"

Burgundyrayne- You can definitely see a difference in your midsection and legs. I will post pics when I can find my usb cord for my camera. It's driving me crazy!

Breath-Good to see you're refocused. I like what you said.."If I have nothing to strive for, I will not get there any time soon."

Grits-Congrats on the 2lbs!YAY! My b-day is fast approaching too. We have to kick it in gear! Especially in time for the summer! I so want to be able to wear shorts this year.

Maddiesmom-Good luck with your new job! The 1st week on the job can be stressful, working out beforehand may help. I'm just not a morning person at all. Kudos to you!

Tiff-Where in ky are you moving again? I'd sayd we'll have to workout together one time but you do too much for me. I couldn't keep up! That's incredible!

Lindy-Onederland here you come! You sound like you are doing great and getting into a great routine. You should get one of those heart rate calculators for your walk/run. You don't have to be out of breath to keep your heart rate up. Can't wait to see the results next weekend! you'll do it!!!!

So.. I've been off 4 days in a row. I work 3 "12's" a week. This week.. I scheduled them at the end of the week and back to back. So, I've had a lot of time to relax , but tomorrow it will be back to the grindstone. It's really draining to work back to back but it also keeps me focused and on my diet. I can't believe how much I've lost so far. It seems like everyone I come in contact with has noticed! It makes me feel so good. It gives me the push to keep going too.
At my niece's b-day on sunday, I only ate one slice of pizza and they pretty much forced me to eat a cupcake. But, I was good the rest of the day. I'm proud of myself for that.. I could've ate a ton!

Oh.. and I went and saw my OB doc yesterday about the plan fertility wise. I have been debating whether I should start the fertility drugs now or wait until I lose weight. Well, I decided to lose weight first. Who knows.. I might not need them once I lose enough weight. I want to be thin first. I know if I get pregnant, then I will never lose this weight. Or at least will have the chance to blow it and not be focused post baby.. I have to stick with it for now. I have plenty of time to start a family.

Anyway, Thanks for listening! Love you guys!!!!!

Last edited by Neesy_20; 02-24-2009 at 11:39 AM.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:16 PM   #505  
This IS it...

Neesy: I am moving to Lexington or Louisville, wherever my fiance and I find jobs. I know you could definitely keep up with me since you work 12 hours straight on your feet. I have an office job where I sit on my butt all day and the gym is the only time to get all that energy out. I personally am too big of a baby to do a physical job. I was a server for way too long working my way through college, and it made me completely appreciate that I was getting a degree so I would never have to do manual labor ever again. My feet constantly hurt doing jobs like that! I am so proud of you for just eating one slice and a cupcake!! That probably took alot of willpower and for that you should be proud.

I went to the dr. again yesterday for the follow-up to an appointment last week. For those that read my way to in-depth description of my period problems, I finally got that checked out and hopefully soon it will be under control. I have nothing wrong with my reproductive organs. They just put me on birth control in the hopes that it would regulate my period...and they also found out that I have a thyroid problem...hypothroidism to be exact. I have gotten this diagnosis once before actually when I was 18, and took medicine for a while, but then went to a new dr. when I was at college and they retested me and told me there was nothing wrong with my thyroid. Well it turns out that they are idiots, and there was something wrong all along. So I go 5 years not treating it, and while it definitely hasn't caused all of my weight gain, it certainly has contributed some and I'm kinda pissed off about that. So, I have to go to another dr. and get on some thyroid medicine and hopefully it will help the weight come off faster. I know it's not a miracle cure or whatever, but I hope it will help some. Oh yeah, and I'm not diabetic either! I am doing this weight loss just in time, and I shouldn't have any lasting effects to my health. So I am excited about that.

The fiance sprained his ankle on the awful cicuit I told you guys about yesterday, so I am not sure what we are going to do about the gym. Like I told you guys before, he has the gym membership in his name and gets unlimited guest priviledges. So we both go for the price of one. Well, he has to go for me to be able to go. So if he can't barely walk, then I don't think he will be able to go to the gym. Plus I have never been to this particular gym without him, so I am not excited about it. So I may just have to get my own membership for a while, or jsut find good exercises to do at home until he heals (maybe dust off that 30 day shred). I just like the gym so much better because I can see an actual number to my progress, the calories burned on each machine. I know those are usually overinflated, but they still make me feel good about what I am doing.

I was just thinking....I really hope that every one of us beats the odds and loses this weight. I mean the odds are against us. But wouldn't it be like the best story ever if all 7-8 of us could make it all the way to our goals and stay there? I can just see the headlines now - "Online group of friends loses half a ton - literally!!!". I know I am going to do...how about all of you? Absolutely nothing is going to stop me.

Oh and you guys are getting way quieter lately...we need some more of that endless chatter one here!
Old 02-24-2009, 04:14 PM   #506  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Height: 5'6"

I'm so with you Tiff! I know we can do it! I'm definitely in it for the long haul. That's incredible to think of.. half a ton! WOW! Oh by the way, I bet once you get on your thyroid medication, you will start losing weight quickly.
My doc put me on Metformin (which is a diabetic medication). I'm not diabetic though. I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. Metformin is suppose to help me get pregnant, but also helps with weight loss. So.. I think that has helped me a lot. Or maybe it's just in my mind.. Who knows.

I can't wait to watch biggest loser tonight. It keeps me motivated. I'm gonna do some tae bo type exercises and crunches while I watch. But first, I must do laundry. I have huge piles all around my room. Ugh..
Old 02-24-2009, 05:50 PM   #507  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Well, the past few days I fell off the wagon so hard, I have bruises on my butt!!

To celebrate the new job, I had pizza last night, and not just one piece like Neesy, but a lot more than that. I also had fried mushrooms, which I love, and haven't had in forever. I know that since it's my TOM, I am starving all the time, and I am craving carbs. I am determined to get back on track tomorrow. It's hard since I am now getting up earlier, I find that by the afternoon, I am totally drained of all energy.

I'm trying to get everything organized and getting ready for work to start, but I have so much to do, I don't know where to begin. Madeline keeps me running around all day, so there's a workout right there! Unfortunately, with me going back to work, I had to cancel the Mommy and me classes, as they were during the day (11:00 am). I'm determined that once the weather gets warmer my hubby and I are going to take her to the park and run around. There's 3 parks within walking distance of my house, so we're going to run around with her every night. It will help her get to sleep at night, and will get my hubby and I moving! It's just waiting for the weather to get warmer.

I did have a pleasant surprise on Sunday. I went and bought more clothes for my new work wardrobe, and I tried on the shirts yesterday, and they're TOO BIG! I get to return the 22/24 and get the 18/20. That really motivated me (after I ate the pizza) to keep going. Now is usually when I give up for good, but you ladies have really helped me to keep with it! I'm with Tiff and Neesy...this is for the long haul, not a quick fix. I'm down 21 pounds, which is the most I've lost, so I have to keep with it.

Hope all is well with everyone!
Old 02-24-2009, 08:04 PM   #508  

Maddiesmom - how exciting! I love when clothes dont fit (lol-that sounds so ridiculous). I myself work full time all day, come home and cook, clean, do homework with my daughter, give her a bath, sometimes laundry, sometimes dishes (we have a dishwasher), AND take care of my grandmother. So, I understand your skepticism about starting the new job and finding time to factor in exercise. I block out 1 hr every day for me, at times it bothers me because me and my daughter dont have as much play time together (only 30 minutes), but we still have homework, dinner, bath and story time, so I just try to look at it that way. I too can also relate to falling off the wagon AND it dragged me two miles. Its kinda weird, I am on a birth control that doesnt necessarily give me a cycle, but it does give me the symptoms of PMS, so for the past week, I have been craving all sorts of junk. Cheese Its AND Doritos were my downfall today, but hey - I cant change it. I need to get control though because for some reason I am really screwing up and I am SO close to onelander...grrrrr...focus.

Tiff - this is where you come in. You majorly inspired me after your post. I am in this with you, hopefully all 7 of us are.

Neesy - great job at Chuckee Cheese, now that is will power.

You guys are doing a great job. Please keep posting anything inspirational, I think I really need it right now. Im not giving up, Im just needing a little bit more of a nudge.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:34 PM   #509  
This IS it...

Neesy and Lindy and Maddiesmom: I am glad you are all with me! That's four of us that are sticking it out until the end! I hope everyone else responds soon to say the same!

I did my usual long workout tonight because my fiance is an amazing trooper. He was in lots of pain but he stuck through it and we did a quick strength training segment. My gym has this 30 minute workout where you do like 12 weight machines for 1 minute straight (sounds easier than it is). It ends up being like 30-40 reps on each machine with no break. Then we watched the whole biggest loser and he just went super slowly on the treadmill, and I did my normal treadmill for 25 and then the elliptical for 25. I must have done something right because I peaked at the scale when I got home, and let me tell you, did I see a good number! I let out a little happy shreak when I saw it. I'm not telling what it is though, because I always weigh less in the morning and so I would rather see THAT number. You will have to stick around till tomorrow!

Maddiesmom: You better get back on that wagon so that next time you go shopping...you can get a 14/16!

And to everyone who has kids, you amaze me. I barely have the time to take care of myself, so God must make your clock move a little slower to fit everything you guys fit in. Like Lindy, it is incredible you find time to do 4-6 miles a day AND do all of that you mentioned earlier. ::bows down to you::

Lindy, don't freak out and sabotage yourself when you are this close to an amazing accomplishment! You can do this, just get back to the place where you were the past few weeks and truck on through the 190's.

Until tomorrow! And wish me good luck with the scale in the morning! It will be the first time in 5 days it has moved in my favor!
Old 02-25-2009, 09:08 AM   #510  
This IS it...

Yaaaaay. 2 lb loss! I am hoping by the end of the week I will reach my short term goal! My next goal is a short 15 lbs. to get under 300. But I need to stay focused on the first goal. I want to go to the gym 5 times this week and work my butt off every time, and hopefully that will put me where I wanna be!
Closed Thread