Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 12:16 PM   #346  
Kelly

S/C/G: 190/see ticker/130

Height: 5'5

Lindy and Maddies Mom,
Thanks for the support.
I am actually borrowing my sisters wii right now and I think she also borrowed me the wii fit game, I should double check I have it for about one more week. I am borrowing to see if I really want one. I think I do more now than before!!

Well......I justed looked on weather.com and it says it's 10 degrees here but feels like -6 degrees. So I totally understand the cold. I am just used to it always cold. I will probably shovel once I get home today from work. It snowed a little last night but I was working and not going to shovel at 2am once I got home.

I attempted to get up early to run on elliptical, that is not going to work on the days where I work late the night before. I am aiming for Tuesday and Thursday nights and then getting up early on Wednesday, and Fridays. I am hoping I can stick to it. Wish me luck, Please

I am noticing that I am starting to give up. So with knowing a little more about the calorie counting, I am hoping that will work out better. I'll check in later tonight, confrences tonight.........
Old 01-29-2009, 12:44 PM   #347  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

TiffTiff2985 - CONGRATULATIONS on your weightloss and reaching your goal!

KitCat - I too eat out of boredom and especially in front of the TV. So, in saying that a few things have helped me. First, I now only eat at the table and enjoy my food. When eating in front of the TV that is blind eating and half the time I don't enjoy or even taste the food. Second, I write down (actually log into Fitday) ALL the foods I eat, which keeps me accountable and within my caloric needs. Third, I keep snacks (low calorie) accessible, so when I do grab is not real fattening. These all have seem to help me stay on track.

Lucklindy - Hey neighbor ;-) Doing law work is great exercise, as you use different muscle groups. I love gardening, and unfortunately don't do it alot lately, as everything is dead, but when I do, it's a workout. I have lived here since my Dad retired back in I think 1968. I did live in Tennessee briefly and loved the change of scenery and seasons. Deland is a really nice change, as it isn't as crowded and still has some farmland (not alot anymore though). Anyway, we hope to move up to the mountains if our home ever sells (been trying for 6 months.)

This morning I had some yummy Whole Grain Waffles with strawberries/blueberries and lite whip cream. YUMMMMM!

Have a great day everyone!

Sandy

myblog = www.mygritsconfessions.com
Old 01-29-2009, 01:30 PM   #348  

S/C/G: 212/207/130

Height: 5'6"

Hello everyone! Thaks for all the welcomes. It means a lot to know there are many people in my same situation. Well, I weighed in this morning and am down 5 punds since Sunday. I kow that is water weight and won't keep going like that, but it's enough to get me motivated. I haven't cheated once. I have gotten in all the water (80oz!) and even though it keeps me in the bathroom a lot, I am loving it. I am determined to be in a swimsuit this summer. YAY! How is everyone?
Old 01-29-2009, 01:32 PM   #349  

S/C/G: 212/207/130

PS- I have no idea how to change my ticker. It says I GAINED 5 pounds when I really lost it. Any help? Thanks!
Old 01-29-2009, 03:20 PM   #350  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

I am so excited. I got on the scale this morning and it said 228.8. Yay!!! I wont change my ticker until Sunday. Maybe it will even be down a little more by then. Almost to my first 10 lb goal.

Tiff-that is a good idea making an exercise goal. I should try that, but I need to get in more exercise. I am hopefully getting a wii fit tomorrow. And congrats for losing 25 lbs. That is awesome.

Maddiesmom-Good job on being down 2 more lbs.

Kity-Good job getting on the elliptical. You have such a busy schedule, so anytime you get it in is good.

Bchlover--YAY! 5 lbs, getting the ball rolling and being here will keep you motivated.

Have a good evening everyone.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:01 PM   #351  

S/C/G: See signature

Kity - wow the eliptical, thats awesome. Dont give up - we are here for you and just think of the reward of great fit you, just months away. - you can do it!

TIFF - YAY!!! Congratulations on your weight loss, you are doing SO good. You deserve a nice, relaxing vacation - you are AWESOME.

BCH - 80 oz. of water. WOW - thats A LOT. I am drinking water but not that much. Heres how to update your ticker (properly): under your signature, go where the code is, where you see the 3 number (i.e.:220/215/130) select the middle weight, delete it and replace with your new weight (i.e.: 220/210/130). DOes that make sense?

Burgundy - HOO_RAH for getting to your 10 lb. goal, it is so important, once you get there, it motivates you to take it to the next level, I am 2 pds. away and get to weigh in tomorrow, I'm hoping I meet my goal but if I dont, thats ok. I'll see on Sunday, if not tomorrow (Sunday is my usual weigh in day) . My goal was 10 lbs. per month. I am going to work on my Wii Fit now, it such a nasty rainy day today in Orlando, so no outside walk.

See ya later!
Old 01-29-2009, 09:17 PM   #352  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Hi Ladies!

Thank you MaddiesMom for the welcome!

It has been a super busy but good day here. After five years of not visiting my doctor (yes, bad I know) I finally did so this week. I had a complete physical with bloodwork done and it came back today--all normal thanks be to God! I am having a CT Scan run the morning but am not concerned about it--it is being run as a precaution since I have involuntary movement in my abdomen.

I did well on calories today. Last night I ran despite some icy bits here or there. I didn't run today because of the continued ice and heavy fog. After my scan in the morning, I will probably go.

Today while I was waiting for my lab results I needed something to take my mind off of the possible outcomes so I went shopping! I bought some boots and a couple of blouses. I bought some of those just below the knee slacks to wear with the boots. Does anyone know the look I am referring to? If so, is it still in style? The slacks are plaid with rich brown and pinks. The boots are chocolate brown butter leather type that come almost to the knee. I need fashion advice!
Old 01-30-2009, 08:38 AM   #353  

Morning Thighs!

"Technically", no the look is not in style right now, its more of a fall look, but my thought process is, if it looks good on you and works with the weather, then wear it. That is a cute look though.

I walk everyday no matter what, even when it got to 20 degrees last week ( in Florida, crazy!) I cant imagine there being ice and running. How hard is that?

Well I weighed in today, I have one more day and one more pound to meet my goal, I was hoping to do it today, but tomorrow is technically the last day of the month so Ill allow myself that buffer. The bad thing is, I am going to have to rely on my Wii Fit for exercise because it is so nasty and rainy here today. I might use my friends buddy pass and go to the gym. We are on a budget so I cant get a membership but to go for one day, thats ok.

Ill check in later - HAPPY FRIDAY!
Old 01-30-2009, 11:01 AM   #354  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Bch - Wow, 80oz of water? That is alot. I have manage 60 on some occasions and thought I would float away!

Lindy - I do respect your dedication to walking. I used to be so good about that, but just can't seem to get into my routine anymore. I was going to go today, but still haven't made it out the door. This weather isn't cooperating either!

I am leaving town tonight and won't be able to weigh, so I will have to post mine next week. I just don't trust other scales with the same reading..LOL

Have a great day everyone!

Sandy
Old 01-30-2009, 12:01 PM   #355  
Kelly

Tiff- That's soo awesome 25 pounds!! I can only imagine the feeling you are having. That's great, you should feel really pround. And enjoy your vacation!

Sandy- I was thinking about eating in front of the tv, I do tend to eat ALOT more when I do this. I will try to make a point to eat at the table when hungry. This would be a good rule with my kids no eating in living room only kitchen. That way if I was truely hungry I can still see tv it's just not as comfy at kitchen table vs. couch! That's a really good idea.

I did pick up some low calories 100 and 90 calories individual snacks quaker rice cakes and granola bars and things like that. I really like celery alot but only with the ranch dip for veggies. So I am not sure if it's really good for me since I put dip on it?

Burgandy- 10 pounds!! That's awesome, Congrats.

BCH- 80 oz of water is ALOT, but if you can do it great for you. I am having trouble just getting the 64oz in per day. I am at about 1/2 right now.
I was going to try lemon juice or a lemon in the water, since I think water is just too plain. Not sure which is better, if either??

Lindy- Love the drill sargent!! LOL that's motivating right there!! Ha HA

Well..........Fianlly I can say I did go on the elliptical only last 10 minutes, but I look at it as a start. I attempted to try 20 minutes, and survived 1/2 the time. So I will continue to shoot for Tuesday and Thursday nights to stick with it. And overall its' not hurting if anything it will hopefully give me a boost in metabolism. I am hoping.

I had confrences last night for my son, he's in first grade, they went really well, he is on schedule or a littel above the average. So I thought that was good news.

As far as this calorie counting is about 1600 per day pretty accurate for me, anyone know?

Thanks again for all the support, I truely want to stick with this. Thanks much
Old 01-30-2009, 12:03 PM   #356  
Kelly

**Sorry the post was soo long, had a littel extra time today to get caught up. Hope everyone has a great weekend. I will not be able to check back until Sunday or Monday morning. I will be weighing in on Sunday, Wish me luck for a lower number to put on ticker. I have my fingers crossed!!!!LOL
Old 01-30-2009, 12:50 PM   #357  

Kity - 10 minutes on the eliptical is something, you are right and thats how it all starts. As far as the celery thing, no, ranch with celery is a no-no. Celery has virtually no calories hardly at all. I dont enjoy celery but if Im craving something sweet or need a pick me up, i have celery with 2 tablespoons of peanut butter and it is delicious. I could be better and eat it alone but I just dont like it. If you really wanted to indulge, have celery and dip but count your calories in your serving of dip, theres no reason to deprive yourself.

Kity - 1600 is about right for your calorie intake. as you get smaller though, you will need to decrease that number. Im supposed to consume 1900 a day! But I try hard to keep it around 1400, sometimes 1600. Its not hard either, as long as I do my 5 meals a day.

I feel like Im cramping, which I hope is not the case because I really want to weigh in tomorrow morning and see if I met my goal. Same as Kity - fingers crossed.

I cant wait to see what Kity and Thighs weigh in at. I look forward to everyones weigh in, it kinda keeps me motivated, I mean, who wants to be the smallest loser (lol).
Old 01-30-2009, 03:27 PM   #358  
This IS it...

S/C/G: 350.2/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

so I just figured out while I am riding here in my car (fiance is driving) that I can access 3FC on my palm centro! so yay I get to check on this thread while we are on our 11 hr drive today and 9 hrs tomorrow! I can't read other posts while I write though...so I am going to refer to other peopls posts but I won't remember who wrote it. about the celery...i think if u get light ranch and use it sparingly you can have a relatively low cal snack with lots of bulk.

you guys won't believe this. so our dogs are traveling with us. my yorkie is in my lap as we speak and my DF's lab is in the back seat. so they both just stood up and started sniffing the air like crazy and my dog started whining....about a minute we passed a science diet dog food truck!!!!! I was laughing so hard because they both smelled it from a half a mile away and through the truck! I guess they're both fatties like their owners. and its not like they could be hungry since they had a double breakfast since we are traveling.

thanks for all the congratulations! I went to outback last night with my mom and had a house salad and shared a grilled shrimp appetizer and had two slices of their delicious bread...and didn't go to the gym and STILL lost another half pound this morning. sometimes the scale just doesn't make sense. I got on the morning and just kept telling myself it was going to be a gain so I wouldn't be dissapointed and it went the opposite direction!!

thighs...that sounds like a cute bottom of the outfit! I don't really care about seasons and clothes fitting in a certain part of the year since I am in florida and we don't have seasons. I wear capris year round and short sleeve shirts every day...if it gets chilly I just throw a sweater over. I brought every single long sleeve shirt and shweater I own. I only had like 4 pairs of full pants to bring...lol. but back to the topic...screw the seasons...wear it now!

that's all I can remember. I guess that's all I'm allowed to write...talk to you later!!!
Old 01-31-2009, 12:28 AM   #359  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Hey Tiff! That's so funny about your dogs. I drove from Arizona to Ohio with my two chihuahuas on my lap. It was crazy!!! Never will do it again! I didn't get to say congrats on the 25lbs!!!!! That is amazing. Has anyone started to notice your weight loss yet?

No one has really mentioned anything about me looking lighter, but I definitely feel that I do. I just tried on some pants that I wore like 4 years ago that I couldn't button up... and now they are perfect! My arms and my face are a lot thinner. I can't wait to be able to post before and after photos on here! I feel like I'm really accomplishing something now. I haven't been under 200lbs since my first year of college. If I make... no WHEN I make my birthday goal.. I will be ecstatic!!!

Hope everyone is doing well. Will check in later=)
Old 01-31-2009, 10:32 AM   #360  

AND drum roll please... I BEAT MY FIRST GOAL. I am on cloud nine right now. Not only did I lose my 10 lbs. in 1 month, I exceeded it (maybe by only a smidge) but hey, I exceeded it!

Tiff, I'm happy to hear that you can log in from your palm, I would love to hear how your vacation is going and if you will power is holding up.

Neesy- I'm glad to hear from you. You ahould almost be at the point where people start to notice your weight loss. For me, once I get around 25-30 pds. thats when people comment to me (like neighbors and peers). Of course, my family states that they can tell Im losing weight after 2 pds. -lol. Bless their hearts for lying. I look forward to seeing your before and afters. I took the WORST before ever, but I did that intentionally. I put on my most fattening outfit and took the pic at night after my first workout, so I was miserable, sweaty, bloated and just blah, this is the same picture that I have hanging in my kitchen. Sure, company looks at me a little funny, but it definately keeps me from cheating.

Anyway, I hope everyone's elses weigh ins go well this weekend, I look forward to logging on today and tomorrow.

Talk to you later.
Closed Thread