Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 08:54 PM   #286  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Where did everybody disappear to? Hows everyone doing this week with their "diet" and exercise plans?
Old 01-23-2009, 09:16 PM   #287  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

I went out to dinner with some family tonight and I thought about just eating whatever I wanted and get back to plan tomorrow. BUT, I ended up ordering a salad. I thought, why eat whatever when a salad will taste just as good. So I am happy with that and that will probably be the only time I eat out in a while.

Tiff-I wish I was as motivated as you. Seems like your days are filled, work and then 2 hours at the gym. I have to make myself get up and exercise.

I am hoping to have 2 more pounds off by Sunday. I hope everyone else has a good weigh in this week too. Wishing us all Luck!!!!
Old 01-23-2009, 09:28 PM   #288  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

So, I've had a good and a bad day. The good news was that I weighed myself today (yes, I know I weigh in on Sunday) and I was under 260 for the first time since I can remember. I've now lost 15 pounds since 1/3/09.

Bad day? Because I went out to eat with a friend of mine and we went to Chili's. I was really good and looked online for their calorie content before deciding on what I wanted to eat (I'm a sucker for steak and portabella fajitas, but not for the 1,500 calories that comes with it). I am so happy that I look online prior to going out!

Well, here's what happened...I ordered the guiltless chicken sandwich which comes with steamed veggies on a whole wheat bun. Instead the server brought me the regular chix sandwich with french fries. I asked her, "Doesn't this come with steamed veggies?" and she said "only the guiltless chix sand comes with veggies." I asked "isn't that what I ordered?" and she said no. So rather than throwing a fit, I peeled everything off the sandwich and ate the fries. Granted, I had the calories to cover the fries, but it just irked me that I didn't get what I wanted. I didn't even enjoy the fries, and I didn't eat the bun because of the honey mustard on it (yuck).

I guess working in a restaurant for 10 years makes me too nice to the server. She got my order wrong, but I ended up paying for it (and paying for the calories). I just need to stand up for myself, but I just let it go. But what it comes down to is that I'm responsible for my body and what I put into it, so you'll be damn sure that I'm going to throw a fit next time!
Old 01-23-2009, 10:38 PM   #289  
Fight Hungry!

S/C/G: 207/198/164

Am I allowed to post links in here? Has anybody ever heard of Dottie's Weight Loss Zone? I always refer to that size when I'm going out to eat...It has just about every restaurant there is...and the points values for the meals...very helpful!

Lindy - I was full when I went to the store lol...had just eaten dinner...I don't think being full or hungry would have made a difference...it was just an emotional thing I believe!

I keep editing this lol because I just realized that I'm not in a Weight Watchers thread lol...or am I?? I'm so tired I'm losing it!! Anyway DWLZ is for WW....

K, I think that's it!

Last edited by SyvenaC; 01-23-2009 at 10:41 PM.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:56 AM   #290  
focus on me

morning all! i see 'good and bad' here so I guess it's my turn.

Tuesday morning I was down 5 lbs in a little over 2 weeks. yah! so I got cocky and thought to myself that I could be bad a couple times and get back on track-which I did...4 days in a row. sheesh!

Tuesday night I went out with a friend and didn't get to eat before we had drinks. So it went straight to my head and then I had to eat because I was starving. We split a meat/cheese/crackers plate and mini quesadilla rolls. -Strike 1.

Wednesday was a food day at work. Didn't do too bad, but couldn't stay out of the sausage balls. -Strike 2.

Thursday I did kinda good. I didn't want my low-cal, LF chicken for lunch, so I ate a snack bag of Fritos instead. -Strike 3.

Friday (yesterday) I did good all day. That is until my buddy called. He had a few hours till he had to pick up his brother from work and wanted to get together for drinks. I was about to eat dinner, so we decided to go to Friday's. Another friend came along, so the night was me hanging and drinking with the guys. I had blackened chicken with alfredo and 4 beers. Then we went somewhere else and I had 2 or 3 more beers and then someone ordered queso pretzels and nachos. So I had some of that to 'soak up' the beer (which by the way is a myth. you have to have the food in you first because the alcohol is already in your bloodstream and I know this but ate anyway). -Strike 4.

The end result...this morning I weighed myself and I'm back where I started. Crap!!!!! I just have to quit drinking so much during the week. AND drink lots of water. I have not been getting enough water.

Now, last night while we were waiting on the 2 brothers to meet at the 2nd place. My other friend and I were talking about eating, cooking (he likes to cook and apparently is very good at it), working out, etc. He's a rock and knows what he's talking about. He also has a simple and positive outlook on everything and he got me thinking. He told me - No one can be 100% all of the time. I have heard this many times before and I know this to be true. Yet I still try to do/be it. To which he said - You will fail. Again, he is correct and I know it. Trying to be 100% is a recipe for failure. We also made plans that when it starts warming up, we will go hiking together because we both like it.

So, as I start this all over again today, I will hear him in my head like the zen master that he is and move forward by not looking backward.

Tomorrow is my 'official' weigh in date, so I will not change my ticker until then. Who knows, I could be holding 5 lbs of water...HAHA!
Old 01-24-2009, 09:09 AM   #291  
focus on me

I forgot...

Burgandy and MaddiesMom - WOW! You are both doing great. I am so happy to see it!

Tiff - Try not to let your TOM throw a wrench in what you are doing here. It sounds like a stressful situation and we all know stress and depression can be hard to deal with. And don't forget, we are here and we will listen.

Neesy - Hope to hear from you soon and hope that you are doing well. And, just want to thank you for starting this thread. We have a great bunch of supportive ladies here.

On a side note, my pants fit better this week. Actually, they fit like they are supposed to.

Oh yeah, sorry for the long posts.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:13 AM   #292  
focus on me

gggrrrr... I forgot Lindy...

Lindy - The wheat pasta for your Sunday Italian meal is a great idea. Every little thing you can do helps.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:40 AM   #293  
aka Vicky

Default Having a bad morning

I don't know if it's PMS or what, but I just feel like I'm in the crappiest mood. I don't feel like doing anything, and I have a very strong urge to go to Starbucks for a frappucino. Not sure what's going on with me, but I hate feeling this way.

What do you ladies do when you feel like this? I usually eat super fattening foods (Wavy Lays and french onion dip or chocolate are my downfalls...of course there are none of those in the house!)
Old 01-24-2009, 11:59 AM   #294  
This IS it...

S/C/G: 350.2/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

I wonder where Neesy is? It seems like it's been a while since she posted...I'm to lazy to scroll and looke for the last time though . I am at work right now...it's a freaking saturday and I am at work That's tax season for me. I am not even slightly in the mood to focus and get work done though. I have to get a few things done though and I can't leave until I do, so at some point I will have to focus.

On a fun note, last night I went and bought a Wii! and a Wii Fit!!! That is what I am really thinking about right now, lol. I wanna go home and play Wii! What's really amazing is that the Wii fit worked! I am so borderline 330 it's not even funny. Like if I have a couple glasses of water or some food and wear clothes, then I am over 330. So I didn't put on the carpet feet and it weighed me like 10 lbs. less than I really am. Later I put the carpet feet on and tried just to see if it would let me, and it said I was too fat. oh well. soon I will be able to play with the carpet feet. So I did 30 mins last night on the Wii fit and we didn't go to the gym. I didn't get off work until 7:!5 and was so starved and made a bad food decision. I wouldn't have regretted it if it had actually tasted good. But it sucked!!! We went to a sports bar and I got chicken fingers and fries, while my fiance got a cheese pizza. I ate all of mine and one slice of the pizza. Like I said it was not good, but I just had this really strange mindset that I wanted to eat until I got sick or something. On top of that, I like instantly swelled up. I guess I figured out why I was swelling all the time before...because I was eating crap like that. But oh well, we live and learn. We then went and bought the Wii from Walmart, and on the way home from walmaart we both got blizzards from dairy queen. But I am not upset over any of it, I am just back on focus today. I stayed away from the scale this morning though cause I know it woulda been bad. I'm still swelled in my hands and ankles but not as bad.

Well, it seems like we all had a rough week. We just need to not lose focus and get back to what we came here to do.

Burgandy: Yeah my days are filled up, but it's getting exhausting. I know I won't be able to keep it up when I go back to school in May. I am jsut trying really hard to get into the habit now, and maybe it won't be so hard then. I just wish I didn't need so much sleep!!! I just cannot function without 8 hrs, and now that I am going to gym at like 8pm, I cannot fall asleep until like 1 or 2 and I need to get up at 7 to be to wokr on time. THat is not enough sleep, or me anyways. And I don't work out 2 hrs EVERY day! That's like a once a week thing. Only when biggest loser is on!
Old 01-24-2009, 12:08 PM   #295  
focus on me

MaddiesMom - Sometimes I try to hook up with some friends because they are not as obsessed about food like I am. That will make me distracted and forget what I'm wanting. Other times, depending on what it is and how bad I want it (usually thinking about it for days), I just give in, eat/drink it and get it over with. Then it's out of my system and I can move on. Though I almost ALWAYS feel horrible for having done it and that sticks in my head-how I feel after. So I have been using that to stop myself from overeating bad stuff. Probably not what you wanted to hear...LOL!

Now if it's PMS and I realize it is, I'm just like, 'oh OK, it's just hormones, not some issue I'm trying to push back down' and I'm fine. How far is Starbucks? Can you walk there? Then you wouldn't feel as bad about getting it and maybe once you are there, you won't want it because you walked.
Old 01-24-2009, 12:56 PM   #296  
This IS it...

S/C/G: 350.2/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Take a deep breath gave great advice. Any one of her suggestions would be good. I would jsut try to keep busy so I don't even think about it.
Old 01-24-2009, 02:32 PM   #297  
aka Vicky

Well, for those of you waiting on pins and needles to see if I went to Starbucks...I didn't. I figured after the horrible meal at Chili's last night, the last thing I needed was Starbucks. It's a good 4-5 miles away, and since it's a whopping 9 degrees outside (I live in Chicagoland) there's no way I'm walking through the cold for a cold coffee.

To keep myself from going? I dressed in my grubby clothes that I wouldn't be seen dead in, and that kept me from going. Instead, I scrubbed my bathroom and cleaned the house. How fun is that? (I think the Starbucks would have been better...for awhile at least). I think it's PMS, so if I can get through this week without a major disaster, I'll be ok.

Thanks Ladies!
Old 01-24-2009, 04:48 PM   #298  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Hey ladies!

Way to go Maddiesmom - what will power?! Today was NOT a good day for me, but its strange, I did everything consciously (sp?). I KNEW when I got breakfast it was bad, I KNEW when I got lunch it was bad and dinner, well I ate one of my husbands chicken wings but its only 445 and I KNOW I'm going to be hungry. I was going to indulge tomorrow in Italian but I am going to see how the scale thing goes, if I gained weight (which is what I'm afraid of), then I might have to stare clear. I think we all are in a WHATEVER mood, because all of honestly knew what we were doing wrong (and its not wrong, its not just a good choice) and still did it. I'm afraid I might be PMS'ing too - I just feel bloated and lethargic. Oh well, Ill get back on track and Im trying to talk myself into a long walk.

Takeadeepbreath - great advice, I completely agree with you.

Im not going to beat up on myself too bad, although I may change my tone tomorrow morning when I log in to record my Sunday weigh in (GOD - please dont let me have gained weight).

Ill check in later. Im glad we are still sticking together. I dont feel AS BAD when I know that I am only human and others who are dieting are having the same challenges - thanks ladies.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:33 PM   #299  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Height: 5'6"

Hey Everyone! It's nice of you to think of me! I've been a workaholic lately. Which is great for the diet and my wallet! I missed you guys! I do get on here and read the posts when I get a chance, just haven't had time to write.
It's so helpful to have you guys. Everyone is doing great! I see everyone's scale moving down! YAY!

I've been good all week so I'm about to go to TGI Fridays to reward myself. We can't be perfect ALL the time. Although.. I'll still probably just get grilled chicken and veggies. It's crazy because usually when I diet.. this is about the time when I give up and eat whatever. But, I really don't see an end in sight this time around mainly because of this forum! So, thank you!!!!!!!

I'll check in later. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Old 01-24-2009, 08:05 PM   #300  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Hope everyone has a weight loss tomorrow.
So I ate pretty well today, fruit for breakfast, baked chicken for lunch, grapefruit for a snack and homemade beef stew for dinner. I might have some SF jello in a bit, but I have been trying not to eat after 7.

I am hoping I am still down the 2 lbs from the other day. We'll see in the AM. Good Luck to all that weigh on Sundys. We can do it.
Closed Thread