Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 10:07 AM   #511  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Ok, I just have time for a short reply. But I am IN!! I want to lose this weight and I am in it for the long haul. I think we all will be together on this one. Good luck ladies and I will check in later when I have more time.

Last edited by burgundyrayne; 02-25-2009 at 10:08 AM.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:46 PM   #512  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Height: 5'5

Hi Everyone!

Wow, I was off here for one day and miss alot! Where to begin...

Tiff - You Rock!!! I swear you are such an inspiration to so many ladies on here, including me! Congratulations on your 2 lbs! You deserve it and much more.

Lindy - I can so relate to your schedule and I know the guilt and difficulty you have for "me time." I was a single mom for 16 years, raising two children financially by myself (no child support), so I worked alot. I would get up at 5am get ready, get them ready, take them to school by 7:30, go to work, pick them up by 5:30, go home, cook dinner, eat, then homework, then bath time, then put them in bed. By then it was getting close to 9pm. At this point I cleaned the kitchen, picked up, laundry if needed and put myself to bed by 11pm. Now this doesn't count days where we raced to T-Ball, Ballet, Church, Programs............you get the picture. Through all this stress, depression and what-not is WHY I gained up to 270. I felt like a failure all the way around. You name it I felt like I failed at it. What switched was realizing if I didn't love or take care of me and make "me" time, how could I love and be all I want to be for my children, plus set an example. So I implemented "me" time with them. I would go walking and they would ride their bikes with me. On these nights we would have a quick picnic dinner (sandwhiches, whatever) and then play outside and walk. Slowly we changed things up and went to the YMCA where we would eat on the way from their school. I would workout, they would swim or be in Karate Class (something new for them). Anyway over time is where I began to lose and feel better about everything. So, for you I think you and Maddie are doing awesome as working mothers, as it isn't easy. My children now are 19 and 21 and from all of that we endured over the years, they have respect for Moms.

Maddie - Congrates on the BIG CLOTHES! That is such an awesome feeling when that happens. Your doing great!!! Thats funny about the bruises on your butt!!!! LOLOL I had some of those too.......

I am going for my walk. You all have a great day!!
Old 02-25-2009, 02:23 PM   #513  
This IS it...

S/C/G: 350.2/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Who went home and did the 30 minute shred DVD on her lunch hour? Oh that's right...ME! Please forgive me, I am feeling kinda full of myself right now...lol. I have been wanting to do this for a couple of days now, but haven't been able to get away from work for an actual lunch. I am just so full of energy lately and can't wait until I get off work to go to the gym. So, at lunch I burned some energy off. OMG...it has been at least a month since I attempted the 30DS video, and holy crap was it hard...again. I was hoping I wouldn't get too sweaty, but that didn't work out and I had to get a quick shower in too. I definitely noticed at least a slight difference in my endurance from last attempt, but I am in no means a pro at level 1 yet. I should probably spend a month on level 1 alone.

Mygrits: Thank you for saying that I am inspirational, but I just can't see how I could be. I have let myself get over 300 LBS!!!!! You guys had enough brains to catch yourselves before you reached that horrendus level. I had the chance. I probably made attempts 10 times throughout the 200's, and even stayed right around 300 for a year or two. But you guys are all that much better than me because you said enough is enough and didn't let your weight get out of hand NEARLY as much as I did. I still can't believe that I have 225 lbs to lose. That is more than some of your starting weights! Ridiculus!

Bi-polar much? I go from patting myself on my back to full out punching myself in the face. Ok. Breathe. lol.

I'm going to get back to work now and focus on something other than my weight.

PS. I am glad you are IN Burgandy!

Last edited by TiffTiff1985; 02-25-2009 at 02:28 PM.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:29 PM   #514  

S/C/G: See signature

Mygrits- thank you so much for sharing your previous experience with me. Im going through something right now that I cannot quite pin point. I feel very overwhelmed with my life but in the same token, I am trying so hard to get it on track. I am married, however, my husband is not my daughters father. I do not have any involvement with her dad, nor receive child support, so at times, even though my husband is great with my daughter and she thinks of him as her dad, I really do pick up all the "work" in regards to taking care of her. You know - homework, baths, soccer practice, etc...etc...etc...so - at times, I DO feel like a single mom. I shouldnt, because I have a good husband, but its just the reality. Excuse my venting lately - god, I must be on some sort of emotional roller coaster - crazy! Im going to stop my whining thought and focus on ME, just like you said. THANK YOU!!!

Tiff - whether you believe it or not, you are TOTALLY INSPIRATIONAL. It doesnt matter what you started out it, its the fact that your not falling off the wagon and keeping up with your routine. Thats what makes you inspriational and we are so grateful and happy that you are with our group. Also - AWESOME JOB on the 30 day shed, I swear, I have to buy this so I can at least see what all of you are talking about. I walk every morning before work, in fact - I barely make it to work on time I cut it so close and in the summer time, it is SO HARD to workout, take a shower and get to work on time. Kudos to you for cramming that time in. At my job they have aerobics 2 days a week for 1 hr, which is a nice luxury, I consider myself very fortunate to have that option (even though I have never gone to class-haha). We'll see, maybe I'll put it into my schedule eventually.

Ok, I am SO babbling tonight. But then again, what else is new?! I'll check in later. Oh, side note - I had a GREAT food day. I was SUPER strict, which is good because I gained 2 pds. from my Sushi, but once again - I think thats salt (lets hope so). I will be posting new pics on Saturday, no matter what.

Have a good night ladies!!!
Old 02-25-2009, 08:24 PM   #515  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Default So I need to vent

Well, like Lindy, I have been on an emotional roller coaster. My hubby and I were getting back on track with me getting the new (better paying job). I call him at work today to see how he is doing....he told me that he just got laid off. After 8 years with this company, he's let go. It's unbelieveable to me. He's one of the best IT people that they have there (I know his co-workers, and there are worse people there). He was constantly told what a great job he did and then they let him go. The worst part? His last day wasn't today. He still has to finish this week, and 2 weeks after that. His last day is March 11th. And if he screws off during those week, they can revoke his severence pay. So he's upset, I'm upset, and I just had shredded BBQ pork for dinner. This economy is horrible.

I know he's in IT, and those jobs are always in need, but his job was very specific to his company, so he's not sure exactly how his experience will apply to other companies. I'm being positive in front of him, telling him that he won't be on call any more, dealing with calls from India at 2 am, but I'm scared that in this economy, who knows what will happen. I know he's worried because he's the main breadwinner, so I'm being as supportive as I can. We just never thought that this could possibly happen. On the bright side, he gets 16 weeks of severence, and then unemployment if he can't find anything, but he's never been put in this position. I'm just hoping that in the end, this is a blessing in disguise. He was going to start looking elsewhere before, but when the economy got worse, he figured it wasn't worth it.

Anyways, there's my ranting. Sorry, but I really can't vent to him about this because I don't want to make him upset, and I know you guys are always there.

I'm positive I'm not going to make my goal this weekend, so I will just change my goal dates and move on rather than obsess about it. I'm not going to beat myself up about it after the week I've had.

Talk to you all soon!
Old 02-25-2009, 09:56 PM   #516  
This IS it...

MaddiesMom: I am sooooo sorry that you and your family are having to deal with this. Luckily you got a job when you did, so that is a positive in your favor. I really hope your husband can find a job within his severence pay period! I am glad you know that we are here with open ears to listen to your venting. Try not to turn to food as an emotional bandaid, but at the same time, don't try to focus any more energy than you can at this diet. Maintaining is ok when you are having the life events that you are. Exercise can be great at relieving all the stress you are going to be facing in the coming weeks, so when you just can't handle it anymore, go for a walk/jog. I hope things turn around for you soon.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:40 PM   #517  
Sandy....

Tiff - You ARE inspirational due to your continuing on, your awesome attitude, you just keep going in the right direction - no matter what. It doesn't matter what you weighed when you started, it's in how your handling it now, and you beat me hands down on the positive, motivating person you are!! I like coming on here anding see your Eskimo picture on there! LOL

Lindy - Boy I know where you are at. I did it all, because there father hasn't seen them but one time in 19 years. He doesn't pay support, and many times over the years I had to call my parents for help to keep the rent paid - boy if that didn't put me into depression and feeling like a loser. When Bubba came into our lives my daughter was 16 and my son 14. I still did it all. He gradually grew into theirs live when they were ready and now as young adults they consider him Dad. I only wish I had met him when they were young as our lives would have been so different. We struggle and honestly I don't know how we made it...God provided when we needed it most! I know it's hard but I will tell you that your children know all you do, and will remember that as they mature. My children and I are bestfriends and I didn't have any problems through the teenage years. We communicated openly, as we always did when they grew up. When peers they knew were out drinking, doing drugs and all - mine kids as teenagers were home watching TV with Mom and Bubba! As 19 and 21 we are very, very close because of the hard times - they respect and remember all the sacrifices I made. Your will too!

Maddie - I am so sorry you and your husband are having a difficult time - but it will get better and you will get passed this. I am a believer that God doesn't close a door without opening another. It may not be immediate, but I'm sure all will be fine. Please don't stress over dieting, weight and all. Tiff was right on with what she wrote to you, just try to maintain right now and don't blame yourself if you indulge. I will be praying for you and your family.
I can relate to you to - geez I relate to alot on here......LOL...I don't know if that's good or not! Anyway, this last year 2008, we lost both of our business' to the economy, we had to care for my dying father-in-law who had Stage 4 cancer, our son's wedding was October 4th - 2 months after my father-in-laws death. Now, we had no income, bills mounding, 2 houses we were about to lose, but we had a wedding to pull off. We did manage, but we made the cake, the flowers, and found a log cabin church for no charge. Since October our daughter left in January for the military (I miss her ;-(), and we lost our car to Repo, lost our cable, lost our phones - do I need to continue? I mean really God took it all, but you know what we have just focused on our blessings. We have been able to hang on to the houses so far, we have our health, our family, and are now slowly starting two business that we are passionate about. We have struggled greatly, but through it all it has made us stronger as a family. I didn't mean to go on about me, because there really is much more to the story (this was an overview!), but I wanted to share how many doors were shut, but now new ones are opening and through it all it really was a blessing. So, be strong and I will be praying for you and your family!

Well, I got my walk in today, but man am I hungry right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going to bed so I don't eat!
Old 02-25-2009, 11:41 PM   #518  
Sandy....

WOW, I wrote alot - sorry guys!!!!!!!!! LOL I really was just running at the mouth!
Old 02-26-2009, 07:07 AM   #519  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Thanks Tiff and Sandy. I really just needed a good venting session. I have been praying, and God has blessed my husband and I in so many ways. I am thankful that He provided me with a job just in time so we could sign up for health insurance through my job, just as his is ending. I know in the end it will work out, it was just a shock (to both of us). Luckily we have 4 months of severence, and it took me almost 4 mos to find a great job, so hopefully we'll have the same luck with him.

Thanks again ladies! You are so helpful once again!
Old 02-26-2009, 09:32 AM   #520  

S/C/G: See signature

Maddiesmom - I am so sorry to hear about your situation. It broke my heart just hearing that. The economy does suck and unfortunately it just seems to be getting worst everyday, but the important thing to keep in mind is that it will eventually turn around and there are programs out there to help you stay afloat. I'm not saying its going to be easy, but keep in mind there are so many families going through the same thing right now and the government is working to repair this crisis. I used to spend my money quite frivilously, since the economy has taken a turn for the worst, any extra money I get, I put it towards my debt, so that god forbid, something like this happens, at least I can be somewhat financially sound. I will definately say a prayer for you and if you want to come on here everyday and vent - go ahead and do so, that's what we are here for. Heck, the fact that vented about the frustrations with my husband and carrying the load in my household is a clear sign that I consider you all friends and keeping an open ear (or eyes for reading - haha) is what keeps me coming back. Things will turn around, just stay focused. Make small changes, like instead of steak for dinner, maybe grilled chz....ok bad suggestion since this is a weight loss forum, but you get what I mean. Change your luxuries for necessities and you should be able to weather this storm. I would give you advice on how to handle this situtation in regards to your weight loss journey but I would be redundent with what Tiff said. She was spot on. Just maintain, don't worry about losing right now.

On a separate note - I lost the 3 pds I gained, I KNEW it was salt, that evil salt! So, now I'm back at 18 pds. Here's to the next 3 days of being super strict so I can meet my goal and be in onelander by Saturday.

Ill check in later.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:59 AM   #521  
This IS it...

OMG...did Jillian kick my A** yesterday. I am sooo sore today and I know it wasn't my gym workout last night because I did my usual elliptical and treadmill. My thighs burn everytime I walk. On a good note, the two workouts yesterday caused me to have another big drop this morning to 316.8. I am thinkin that if I do a lunch workout again today and my workout tonight, then I may just reach my goal tomorrow!!! I know I am being impatient because a couple days ago I was just hoping to reach it by Sunday, but I am so close that I just want to snatch it up. So far this weeks weight loss is like 5 lbs, which is awesome. I am in the 300+ biggest loser challenege, and anymore of a loss might make me the winner this week. I haven't won a single week yet.

Now I know I said I would take pictures at 320, but I flew by that so quick that I didn't have a chance and now I just want to wait until I reach my mini-goal. So maybe tomorrow I will have new pictures Sorry mygrits, but I may have to take down the eskimo picture!

Lindy: I am glad you lost that 3 lbs. quickly! I know you knew you didn't actually gain 3 lbs from a bit of sushi, but doesn't it feel great to see that drop off so quickly anyways? You should definitely get the 30DS, but get it on Amazon or something. It's like 5-6 dollars on there. It is an amazing workout. In fact, just read the reviews on Amazon for it and see what everyone says. I bought it and tried it once before I read the reviews, and once I read them, I felt waaaay better about myself. There are triathletes on there that say the video kicked their butt. I say you can't spend a better 6 dollars if you want to work hard. Lol, Jillian should pay me to be a spokeswoman.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:14 PM   #522  
Sandy....

Tiff - I look forward to your new pic's! I will miss the one on there though!

Lindy - Gosh great news on the 3lbs - wow! You kicked my butt! LOL, I am still fighting to keep the ones off I lost last week.

Maddie - Hope your day has been good, and really if you want to vent - go for it. We all need to do that on occasion.

Ok, I ate BBQ Ribs today - and man was it good, but boy was I pissed when I was done. Oh well, I am paying for it now, as my stomach is really upset. I have done good for two weeks and when we decided to go to Brians BBQ I knew I was in trouble. BBQ is my major weakness besides Pizza. Oh well, I guess it was my turn to have a pig session......LOl

Take care, again, I apologize for writing so much last night. I was tired and my heart went to both you ladies, as I had so many years, 25 to be exact that were at times unbearable. Anyway, I will refrain in the future from blabbing.
I will try to check in over the weekend, but we were finally blessed with a catering job for Bike Week, which we have been praying for atleast 7 months, so I will be really busy.

Last edited by mygritsconfessions; 02-26-2009 at 04:15 PM.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:31 PM   #523  
This IS it...

My grits: Please, please, please don't apologize for writing TOO MUCH! It's not possible. I personally enjoy reading every one of ya'lls posts. So rant, rave, and babble away. You guys actually talk too little for my liking

Congrats on the catering job too!

Yum on the ribs. I would actually looove some of Sonny's ribs right now.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:09 PM   #524  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Tiff-the 30DS kicks my butt everytime I do it. I did it this morning and I am trying to muster up the energy to do it again tonight. I only did about 10 minutes on my wii fit today. I should really do one of them. Too bad we dont all live close, we could all go to the gym with you and workout hard right along side you. You may not think it, but like everyone else has said, you are way inspirational to all of us. Thanks!!

Maddiesmom-sorry to hear about your husband being laid off, I am glad you found a job when you did. The economy is horrible right now. You and your family will be in my thoughts(right along with everyone here)

Lindy-good job on getting those 3 lbs off so quickly. Dont feel guilty about your "me" time. You deserve it.

Mygrits-BBQ ribs sound yummy, there is some BBq pulled beef in my fridge right now, but I havent had any of it. My husband wants to have it for dinner tomorrow, not sure yet. Congrats on the catering job.

Well when I got on the scale this morning it was at 224.6. I am hoping it stays there. I dont know how many calories I ate at dinner tonight, but I am sure I didnt go over my 1400. I went to a healthy cooking class with my aunt and cousin. It was all vegetarian, which I dont think I could do all the time, but a few times a week, probably. I just dont like not knowing how many calories are in what is going in my mouth.

We are having another snow/rain/ice storm right now and I am hoping the temp doesnt drop any lower and freeze everything. If it does I wont be able to make it out of my driveway.

I am looking forward to seeing everyones pictures. I got so many nice comments on mine, from everyone here and my sisters and mom. They dont see me very often, since they are in Alabama and New Zealand and I am stuck here in Michigan. And of course my husband but he always tells me I look good. Even at 225 lbs, he loves the way I look.

Well its 10 pm so I am going to get a late night workout in and then go to bed. Have a great night ya'll.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:23 PM   #525  
needs to come off!!

S/C/G: 206/206/140

Height: 5'7

I need a weight loss bubby. I find my biggest challenge is knowing what recipes I should use in assisting in my weight loss program. I think I am going to investigate getting a w/w receipe book.
Closed Thread