Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 08:59 PM   #451  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Maddiesmom-I hope you make it to 20 tomorrow. I need to get my butt in gear and catch up with everybody

Kity-I was thinking about starting a food journal so I can keep track of what is going in too. My sister does that and she said it really helps her out a lot. Havent tried my Jillian DVD yet, but I will soon, maybe I can do it tomorrow. I just know it is going to kick my butt

Neesy-your standstill will be gone soon and you will start losing again, you are doing an amazing job, I wish I was down 25 lbs already. I know 10 is great but it would be nice to be down even more. Good luck with your surgery, you will be in my thoughts.

Lindy-you are amazing, 5k, so proud. I want to work up to doing something like that. Keep it up girl. I hope you make it to 200, or 199!!!!

Kelly-let me know how you like the Jillian DVD. I wish all the snow was gone here so I could go hiking. I want to get outside. I want to ride my bike. Hopefully I can lost the next 26 lbs and be under 200 so I can get a trampoline.

Everyone keep up the good work. I am still at 226. I want to lose 6 lbs, but my body is just doing it very slowly, but that is ok. Any loss or maintaining is fine with me.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:09 AM   #452  
focus on me

I weighed this morning and have decided that I will use my 1-free pass to skip weigh-in this week. This is a self-proclaimed pass and any of you are free to use it 1 time if you wish...

As I said yesterday, I really screwed up this past week. I will not beat myself up for it - I will accept it and move on...and use my 1-free pass...! I have also declared that I will not go to the bar and drink OR play my precious golf game for 2 months so that I can save money (this of course does not apply to someone else getting the tab..). I will also come here every day to read, be motivated and stay on track. I will track my food each day in a notepad that I will keep in my purse and later post it on my blog. I hold these truths to be self-evident....oops! I'm getting carried away. You get the point...

Yesterday I did the same circuit of the Jillian DVD that I did last week. Kicked my butt, but not as bad as last week. Today I did a different one. It wasn't as difficult as yesterday's, but I was still sweating when I was done. I didn't get to walk with my friend yesterday, but I think we will today. And since I have tomorrow off, I can plan a good week's worth of meals and try to do it 'on the cheap'.

I can't wait to hear from everyone today, especially Lindy and Vicki! I just know it will be good.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:36 AM   #453  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Takeadeepbreath - your post is so funny, I was laughing out loud while reading it. Thanks for the giggles, we really have a fun group of ladies in this forum.

Anyway, now...the important thing, I weighed myself today and was at 203. Its a bummer but in the same token, I knew I was quite bloated today and Im pretty sure that if I weigh myself on Wednesday, this number will be lower. Yesterday, after my marathon, I had biscuits and gravy and a side of hash, so it was EXTREMELY salty. I am going to take the 3 pds though because it is 3 pds. less from my last weigh in from last Saturday. I just thought it would be more because my caloric intake was significantly less and my exercise has jumped 3x as much. Oh well, I'll just think of Neesy...slow and steady wins the race. Besides, my goal is 10 pds. per month and I have two weeks left to lose 3 pds, so in actuality, I'm right on track.

Ill try and check in later. I'd like to see if others weighed in today.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:25 PM   #454  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Hi Ladies

I have a ticker! I feel like I am official now! I belong! LOLOL......... Actually I was looking forward to my ticker buddy so I could be accountable to it moving in one direction or the other! LOL

Neesy, - Yes, when it comes to weight loss - men suck! It isn't fair they lose so quickly and don't have monthly cycles to mess it all up. It's like they can breathe and lose a pound.

Lindy - Way to go on your 5K, thats awesome. You weight should fall off tomorrow as is probably was the BIG meal...lol, and I know it tasted sooo good too! My husband does that though if he has sodium, he body really tries to hang on to all the fluid.

Takeadeepbreath - Too funny, can I get a pass too? I need one. I claim it for today! Can we buy them too if needed?

Tiff - I am really proud of you, you are doing great! I too love it when someone notices, as it makes it 'real', that your body is changing. Good for you!

Neesy - Your doing fantastic! Remember how long it took to put the weight on, so be patient, your body is adjusting and catching up.

Well, ladies, I have been extremely busy and slacked where I shouldn't have. I haven't seen Martha is two days, even though she hates me! I haven't walked in two days, plus I have been eating at night. Yes, emotions running high lately due to finances, but I have to tell myself, EATING AND GAINING IS JUST CAUSING ANOTHER PROBLEM I DON'T NEED RIGHT NOW!! I have enough other 'life' things going on, I don't need to create another one to the list. SO, today is a new day, and I will stay focused! There!

Hope all of you have a terrific Sunday!! Be strong!
Old 02-15-2009, 04:14 PM   #455  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

takeadeepbreath-this is a funny post. Passes, yay! I could use on of those every once in a while.

Lindy-you are doing a great job, i maintained today too, so we will lose soon.

Mygrits-your ticker really shows your progress, you are doing an amazing job. I dont really look at the weights under the avatars and didnt realize you had lost so much. WOW!!

So like I said, I still maintained at 226. Once I start my food journal, I will hopefully start losing more. Sometimes I think that its that I am not getting enough calories. Writing it down will help me a lot. My hubby is taking me out to a fancy restaurant tonight, so wish me luck in making good choices. Dont really know what they have. Maybe I will go to the website and decide what I want now. Talk to everyone later. Have a great night.
Old 02-15-2009, 04:33 PM   #456  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Height: 5'6"

Hey Everyone! Hope everyone had a good v-day. So, I went out to eat 3 times this weekend. I went to breakfast with my husband yesterday. I was good. I got an egg white omelet with tomatoes, mushrooms and peppers. With a side of fruit and english muffin. Then I went to dinner with my mother at apple bee's. I got the weight watcher's steak & portabellos. I don't know what the points mean.. but I figure if it is weight watchers.. then it must be light. Plus the portions were tiny! Then today, I went to lunch with my aunt. I got a grilled chicken ceasar salad at O' Charley's.

So, overall.... I don't think I did too bad. I'm just SO scared that I will start gaining like crazy for some reason. I have this fear hanging over my head that I'm going to slip and I will just relapse.. like a drug addict! haha.... Sorry. Just had to vent. Anyway, I weighed yesterday at 213.0.. So, I'm happy with my progress so far. I'm ahead of schedule. But for some reason.. it feels like it's not enough. I have to just keep reminding myself that I am on track. Oh yeah.. everyone has been commenting about how thin I look. Mostly, everyone has just been saying I look thinner in my face. But, I want to look thinner in my waist and hips and legs! Oh well.. it'll get there. I definitely feel good about myself. Maybe I can talk my surgeon into doing some lipo while I'm under tomorrow. HA!

I'm so impressed with you ladies! You are doing great! I have definitely noticed a difference when I use this site and when I try and do it on my own. I definitely need you guys!

Last edited by Neesy_20; 02-15-2009 at 04:33 PM.
Old 02-15-2009, 05:11 PM   #457  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Well, I am completely amazed! I got on the scale this morning expecting to see a gain, and I actually lost another pound! That's a total of 20 for me now. Thank you ladies for all the support!

The reason I am shocked is because I made my hubby homemade chocolate chip cookies on Friday, and I've been sneaking them for the past few days. Then, I had Chinese food for dinner last night. I didn't eat all of it and it wasn't the brown sauce or fried rice, so I guess it was ok.

Lindy: Congrats on the 5K. I am determined to run a 5K by next spring. I'm sure you will show another loss by mid-week, as soon as the salt is out of your system. It's amazing how long that salt sticks around!

Neesy: Good luck with everything tomorrow...my thoughts will be with you and your dad. Congrats on eating so well when going out! I try to avoid eating out as much as possible, but I know I can't eat at home forever!

Burgandy: I think the food journal is a great idea. That's what I have done since the very beginning, and by measuring my food, I got a good idea of the portion sizes I should be having. I'm hoping it works for you too!

Take a Deep Breath: Too funny about taking a pass on the scale. I think we all feel that way from time to time. It's better to take a pass than to be too hard on yourself. Slow and steady, that's my new motto.

Sandy: I'm sure Martha's going to be extra hard on you since you haven't seen her in a few days! Watch out! Husbands definitely suck! I can't believe how easy it is for them to lose weight than us. We have to deal with PMS, bearing children, AND we have to have a harder time to lose weight?!?! I mean, come on!!

I was kinda disappointed on Friday night. I went out shopping with the hubby (I have a 2nd interview tomorrow and needed another suit) and I was really hoping to be in a smaller size. Well, I wasn't. My normal size (a 22, down from a 24) is a little baggy, but the 20's were just too tight (not by much, but I want to impress tomorrow, not look like a stuffed sausage). I guess on the bright side, I'm losing weight from everywhere, rather just in one spot. I guess it's better that way?

How about you ladies? Are you losing in one particular spot, or all over?

Last edited by MaddiesMom; 02-15-2009 at 07:57 PM.
Old 02-15-2009, 08:10 PM   #458  
focus on me

YAH! I got my walk in. It was actually more hiking. I love hiking, but I was unprepared for this. Well, first let me say that we ate breakfast/lunch RIGHT before this, so that was a mistake. Also a mistake was sitting at the bar, having drinks and smoking.

It's a set of trails running through wooded areas around several subdivisions. They all connect in one way or another. The longest is 1 mile from start to end AND they are all up and down-very steep. I can walk a mile on my treadmill, but this whew! We did a total of .6 mile and I had to stop about 5 or 6 times to get my breath. I went at it with all I had while my friend was saying slow down, just stroll...what! Are we here for the scenery or to exercise?!?! I told him, that if my heart rate didn't go up, then I wouldn't burn calories and to shut up and let me do it my way. It also pissed me off that he was smoking while we did this and it didn't even phase him....GGRRRR!! I told him if he lit another cigarette near me while I was trying to get oxygen that I would kick his...you know. (not sure if cursing bothers anyone or if it will get my comments removed. Not that *** in itself is a bad word, but in a phrase...anyway) But all in all-I loved it! Can't wait to go back and conquer my little KY hills.

So after my Jillian workout this a.m. and my butt-kickin hike, the inside and back of my thighs are SCREAMING! Ouch, boo hoo and all that other whiney stuff. So now I'm trying to get my laundry done cause the machines are in the basement and my clothes are on the 2nd floor and I know this will hurt more tomorrow. No sense in making it worse for my day off. I guess I will have to work my arms tomorrow and quit the legs for a few days of recovery.

Lindy - Kudos for the 5K and getting through it. Awesome! Yes, the salt will do it to you, so next week will be a good weigh in. 3 lbs in 2 weeks-cake walk for you!

Sandy - You have the right thought on this one, no need in adding more problems. Hey, Martha wanted me to ask you if you can come out and play-she misses you!

Neesy - Great job on eating out! It is so hard to do. It's OK to be scared of slipping, it think it keeps you on your toes. If I get to comfortable with what I'm eating and what not, I tend to mess up.

Vicki - 20 is so sweet! Now that I've pledged myself for each day, I intend on catching up with you and neesy! Good luck with the 2nd interview, I'll be sending good wishes your way!
Old 02-15-2009, 09:32 PM   #459  

Maddiesmom - CONGRATS on yor 20 pds.! THAT IS AWESOME!!! Who's a rockstar?! Your a rockstar! (this is my favorite saying if no one has figured it out yet-lol) Good luck on your interview, fingers crossed you get the job.

Neesy- congratulations on your good eating habits! It is amazing that you can eat out all 3 times and each time, you made an excellent choice. It is destined that your going to get past your plateau and once you do, you will be rockin and rolling again and there will be less thoughts (and fears) of giving up. Keep up the good work, you are such a pretty woman and losing the weight is just going to make you an even bigger bomb shell.

Mygrits - wow, I must be on another planet because until you put up your ticker, I didnt realize how much you have lost. I have commented on Neesy and Tiff losing the most weight (which they have lost a lot and I am so proud of them for doing so), but you by far have blown us all away - so you very much deserve credit (and an apology). You are doing GREAT!!!

Burgundy - good job at maintaining. I think you and I are definately having the same issues, we are not eating enough calories so when we do get an appetite, even if it is under our normal calorie count, boy does it either pack on the pounds or just keep us at maintaining. Lets hope this pattern changes.

Takeadeepbreath- good job on your hike. I too know how you feel with your thighs. Although I do 4 miles a day (and break it 2 miles in the am, 2 miles in the PM), my thighs were definately feeling it this morning from my 5k.

Well, I have a question for anyone/everyone. It seems like everyone has very supportive husbands and I thought I did too, but it seems like my husband has become majorly annoyed with me exercising so much. He has been making snide remarks and it has really started to drive me nuts. I guess its not a big deal, but it really does make me self conscious about going out at much, but in the same token, I'm feeling better than I ever have from walking. It is as second nature to me as brushing my teeth. I just thought I throw that out there and get others thoughts/opinions.

Well, take care ladies.
Old 02-15-2009, 10:38 PM   #460  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Lindy, I would talk to your hubby. Maybe he is feeling neglected, or that he has taken a back seat to your healthier life style? Maybe suggest that he walks with you in the evenings and this can give the two of you "together time" where you can talk about your day, etc.

I too am nervous of the prospect of that happening. I'm home full time right now so I am able to do all my exercising/meal planning while he's at work. But, if I get this job (and I really hope I do), I will have to change everything around. We had a talk about it the other day and he came up with the idea that when the days get longer and warmer, we would exercise together by taking our daughter on walks and play with her in the park.

I think your hubby just needs a reminder that this is something that you are doing for yourself, but it should make him happy that you are happier. Good Luck!
Old 02-16-2009, 11:06 AM   #461  
Sandy....

Hi Ladies - Welcome to a NEW Monday!

Lindy, thanks for the compliment, but the loss has been years in the making. Actually I was down to 180 two years ago, and do to a very hard 2008 year, the pounds came back, which is why I came on here. I knew I needed to do something quick before it all came back on! So, I do miss being lighter, but know why I gained 40lbs back, as I am an emotional eater and do to all the stress - I ate my way through it in 2008...as did my husband.

Regarding spouses, when I did lose my weight my husband use to make comments, and in some way try to be an enabler with goodies in the house. I finally talked to him and told him I really needed his support, as losing this weight meant so much to me. He did back off of the enabling with food, and was more supportive, but on occasion I would hear a 'comment.' I think honestly he felt left out, possibly fearful of where I was going with my appearance and looks, fearful of how strong and independent I was becoming, fearful of his own weight issues and appearance. Men have testosterone - ego's and possibly it affects them when they see us becoming attractive, independent and strong......Just my two cents on the subject...LOL

Well, I ate homemade bread last night, which blew the day. I have too get a handle on this night eating. I WILL do better today.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:07 AM   #462  

My goodness, I am PMSing like you would not believe. All day yesterday I was STARVING! I could not get enough foos for the life of me! And worst off, I'm craving salty foods. Yesterday, I went to Taco Bell (evil Taco Bell, gets me everytime) and had 2 tacos AND a mexican pizza. Then 10 pm rolls around and instead of going to bed, I scarfed down 6 (yup 6) pieces of tukey bacon. So, I thought to myself, "ok, your done, you had a bad day and your entitled to one, get back on track tomorrow", so, what do I do this morning....first, I can't get sushi out of my head, mmmmmm.sushi, ok-focus, back to this morning, I eat a whole flippin bag of cheese its and boy were they good. Its 10 am, the days not even close to over and I am still starving. God help me today. Lol

Sorry for my tangeant rave, I am just so tired and unfocused and starving and well, its just a rough couple of days. Any pointers would be helpful. Ill check in later.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:02 AM   #463  
Sandy....

LOL Linday - Yummmmmm I used to love those Taco Bell Mexican Pizza's! I love all the melted cheese - delicious! I hope today goes better for you, but that PMS is a controlling, evil thing and used to get me every month! Now it's the evil Menapause thats worse - she's stays forever!!! LOL

Well, I did good with walking yesterday - 2 miles, and didn't over eat, but the scale stayed the same - go figure. I think I need to reduce my calories intake by 100, which I will start today.. I will visit evil Martha and workout some muscles since that seems to burn fat longer....

Hope everyone's day is good - STAY STRONG!
Old 02-17-2009, 02:35 PM   #464  
Kelly

S/C/G: 190/see ticker/130

Hey Girlies!!
I just a have a few minutes, Great job to all of you sounds like everyone's doing well!! I am soo jelous. I am doing ok I have lost a pound or two again, nothing to brag about. I am just trying to get enough sleep right now, I just worked my 65 hour week and am still recooping from that. I am starting to feel good about myself and in the state of mind for building my confidence up then I am going ahead full force. I think it was Nessy when I first started that said something like if you do nothing for two months the two months will just pass by so try. (sorry Nessy, I think it was pretty close, lol) anyways one month just flew buy and I barely lost at all so I need to step it up. I want this more than anything. I know deep down I can do this. I just need to work harder

Gotta go sorry so short I will be back on later tonight, I hope I have to work again tonight, I am soo tired of working. I was not able to catch up on everyones msgs I will though.

Kelly: I am still panning on quitting March 1st will that work for you.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:16 PM   #465  

I SO wish I could sit here and type that I concurred HUNGRY (think orange fuzzy guy from Weight Watchers commercials-thanks Tiff), but I SO did not. After binging on cheese its this morning, then sushi (yup, I did it, I went for sushi), THEN a big bag of hot tamale candies, THEN spaghetti and meatballs, THEN goldfish crackers, THEN....ok, it stops there, I got ahead of myself. This has been the WORST binge day ever, since I started my diet. I dont know what the heck happened, but I do know that tomorrow is a new day and I REALLY need to get back on track and step up my game. On a separate note, I did try to make up for my actions by doing 6 miles today. So, I feel slightly redeemed.

Anyway, I hope everyone else is doing better than me. I also hope that I dont hop on the scale on Sunday and gained weight from this god awful binge day.

Ill touch base tomorrow.

Take care!
Closed Thread