Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 04:50 PM   #316  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Hey bchlover!

This is a great place for buddies. We share our trials, tribulations and accomplishments. Everyone is very supportive and close nit. We all are talkers, so our posts are sooooo long ( b ut enjoyable). What's your plan? What "diet" are you on? A lot of us are just counting calories or doing ww.

Glad to have you.
Old 01-26-2009, 05:01 PM   #317  
This IS it...

S/C/G: 350.2/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Welcome bchlover...this is the BEST place to come for buddie...though I might be a little biased. And when Lucky says "our posts are soooo long" I am the one she is talking about

Kity: good luck starting in on your elliptical! Adding exercise will really help your weight loss and helps even more with inches lost! I know what you mean about the weekends! I rarely come on in the weekends.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:04 PM   #318  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Neesy, congrats on losing 20 lbs. How did you do it? I have only lost 5. I want so bad to lose the other 5 and be at 10. Let us know your secret.

I am on the search for a wii fit. I called the local walmart and they are sold out and so is kmart. Maybe I will just have to order one off amazon or something. It would really help me. I used to play my wii sports all the time, but my nephews never put it back in its case and got it all scratched and now it doesnt work.

I did take a walk yesterday in this freezing weather, couldnt go to far since it was only maybe 15 out. I bought myself some weights today so I can add those into my workouts. They are 5 lbers. I need to get a treadmill.

Thanks for all the support, I know 1 lb is awesome, I was just hoping for a little more, but I will not stress over it. I will get to goal!

Lindy, I know you can make it to all your goals, just keep going and you will be ready for your cruise before you know it.

Maddiesmom-2 lbs is great, congrats.

takeadeepbreath-you can take those 5 lbs back off and get right back to plan. It will be off in no time.

Tiff and Lindy-Ya'll are making me jealous talking about your wii fits.

Kity-goodluck with your middle of the week weigh in

Bchlover-Welcome, this is an awesome place to be for support or just to vent any frustrations with you weight loss. We are all here to listen. All the ladies here are amazing.

Everyone have a goodnight
Old 01-26-2009, 06:27 PM   #319  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Congratulations Neesy on your loss! I like your short term goals too, as it is a nice steady, healthy weight loss.

I haven't been to Carrabas. They do have one in Daytona Beach. Sounds yummy!

Sandy
Old 01-26-2009, 06:31 PM   #320  

Carrabas is SSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good! I LOVE their lentil soup, steak and garlic mashed potatoes...mmmmmm. Ok, we totally have to get off the subject of Carrabas.

I had a bad night tonight, we had company over and I ate pizza. Ill get back on track tomorrow. God, I NEED to!

Talk to you later.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:34 PM   #321  
Sandy....

Tifftif1985 I am envious you have a Wii Fit - I want one!! I was at a friends house last night and they were playing tennis on it - how cool! It does look like you can get a good workout too. More fun that hitting the gym ;-)

Fettucini - you all are making me drool
Old 01-26-2009, 08:03 PM   #322  
focus on me

welcome mygrits and bchlover! i have to agree that this is a GREAT place for buddies.

Neesy - I too have to ask what you are doing. 20 lbs. is great! Heck 5 felt good, till I got it back..haha!

Burgandy - thanks for the encouragement. the past couple of days have been rough and I feel close to saying f--- it. But when I come here and read the posts, it makes me feel all better and ready to jump back in.

My breakfast and lunch were good today (oatmeal and my ministroni/dumpling thing-I really need to come up with a name for that). But my problem now is that I get snacks from the machine at work. I got a small bag of frito's again AND a kit kat today.

I normally go to the grocery on the weekend, but didn't so I went to night. I got some lean lunchmeat, romaine and tomatoes for sandwiches since it's easy. I also got some whole wheat pita pockets that I plan on using for breakfast. Western egg Beaters, FF sour cream, salsa and LF cheese. Bananas and grapes for when I want to snack at work after lunch-better than the crap in the snack machine. I've also got cans of soup if I need it. So, tomorrow I will be better prepared for munchies.

I also jumped on the treadmill tonight, but I only lasted about 12 minutes. It's harder in the evening than in the morning for me, but I was dragging this morning and got to work 45 minutes late. But again, it's better than nothing! I'll get there, one baby step at a time. Especially with everyone's help in here.

Well gotta figure out what I want for dinner. Will check in tomorrow! And oh yeah, Carraba's is the BOMB! I get Luna Carraba when I go. It's not on the menu, but a combination of 2 of their menus items. *drooling*
Old 01-26-2009, 08:41 PM   #323  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

I guess I'm the lucky one...I've never heard of Carraba's, and I just Googled them and the closest one is 40 miles away. The way you ladies are talking about it, that's probably a good thing!

I'm having a problem and I'm not sure if you guys can offer me advice. I've been calorie counting my way to weight loss, but now I'm concerned I'm not eating enough. I'm usually around 1,000 calories a day, but lately, I have breakfast so late (if at all) and I have a small lunch and dinner and no snacks. I'm wondering if that's really enough? Especially since I plan to start working out.

I think I read somewhere that if you do not eat enough calories, your body will start feeding on muscle rather than fat...and that if you eat that low amount of calories, your body will get too used to it and could cause problems down the road. Have any of you heard anything similar to that?? I don't want to be too aggressive with the calorie counting and have it hurt me in the long run.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:15 PM   #324  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

I have never heard of Carrabbas either, but from all the food ya'll are talking about, I am glad I havent. I would probably be bigger than I already am. The closest one to me is about 3 or 4 hours away.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:46 PM   #325  
This IS it...

S/C/G: 350.2/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

LOL...Lucky...I had pizza for dinner too! I say that like it's a good thing..Well it was good but not a good thing. Unfortunately, they opened a pizza place that has amazing pizza basically across the street from us. It's going to be rough for the next couple of weeks trying to deal with it and not ordering every night. My downfall today was that I tried to not really eat anything because I did so bad this weekend. I had pineapple for breakfast and was going to eat a little something for dinner before the gym. However, I was on the way home from work and the pizza place finally said "open" when I drove by and the gym and a low cal dinner flew out the window. We got a large pizza, split it between us, and didn't go to the gym Oh well, tomorrow is a new day. I am not going to set myself up for failure and not eat anything all day. I will eat low calorie small meals all day and then go to the gym for two hours and watch the biggest loser. That is my goal for tomorrow.

Speaking of Carraba's, there are 6 within 40 miles of me. So, I am not safe from it.

Maddiesmom: From everything I have heard and read, you should not go below 1000 calories unless supervised by a dr. Especially if you are exercising as well, because you are burning even more calories than your basal metabolic rate (BMR). 1200 is supposed to be the lowest you should go, but alot of people on the board say that you should figure out your bmr (google it) and then deduct 1000 calories from that to find out how many calories you should consume to lose 2 lbs a week. I personally do not lose at that rate and go down to 1200-1500 a day, not being extremely strict with where in that range I fall.

Wish me luck tomorrow!
Old 01-27-2009, 09:02 AM   #326  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Height: 5'6"

Hey Rayne and Breath- Thanks for your support=) I basically just calorie count. But, I'm not really strict with it. I just approximate the number of calories I think it is. I do still eat out at restaurants, but eliminated fast food. I drink as much diet pop and water that I want. I know I should cut out the pop.. but I just CAN'T!. Other than that...It's just in moderation. I think about what I use to eat, and usually eat about half. Slow is the way to go. I don't really exercise. I lose more weight the more I work. I work 12hr shifts and am on my feet constantly. I occassionally do some tae bo type work outs in my living room. Nothing too strict. My doc started me on Metformin, which is usually given to diabetics. I have polycystic ovarian syndrome.. which means I have insulin resistance (not diabetic though). He told me that if I want to have kids.. then I have to lose weight. So... that's my goal. Plus.. I don't want diabetes later in life. Sorry for rambling on=)

Tiff-Good luck at the gym! I know you can do it!

Maddiesmom-You're right about the muscle wasting. I think 1200-1500 calories would really be more adequate.. but I'm no dietition.

Sandy- Thanks for the support! You look like you have been doing great! Almost 50lbs gone! WOW!!!!!!

On a side note: today we got like 8 inches of snow.. and I have to work again tonight. Ahh.... I hate driving in the snow!

I finally reached my Jan 31st goal.. ahead of schedule. My weight today was 219.8 . YAYAYAYAYAYAY! I couldn't have done it without all of you. So thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-27-2009, 09:55 AM   #327  
Sandy....

Hey Neesy - thanks for the congratulations! I lost the weight 2 years ago, and actually lost more, but gained 40 back Which brings me to MaddiesMom's questions on 1,000 calories per day and then exercising.. Please don't do it! Here's why..

I am not expert, but I did what your asking. I kept my calories at 1,000 to 1,200 per day and boy did the weight come off. In the beginning I didn't exercise and then slowly incorporated it to where I was walking 5 or 6 days a week. I lost a ton of weight within 6 months - BUT I also lost alot of muscle. I became tired and flabby. The results - within 5 months I started gaining it back to where I am today at 222. So, I truly feel in my heart slow is better and healthier. When I looked up Fitday just now for my weight I should be consuming 1900 calories per day. I figure if I work out, to be healthy it should be 1600 which falls in line with everything I have researched. Doing this I should lose 2 to 3 pounds per week. 3 is really going over - 2 is more healthy, but I know I will cheat with eating too ;-)

I don't mean to ramble, but it was a hard lesson for me and I am still paying for it, because at my age I may never get that strength/muscle back.

Ok, TiffTiff1985 - Pizza is my love! My weakness! My passion! LOL

Sandy
blog = mygritsconfessions.com
Old 01-27-2009, 10:33 AM   #328  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

It's strange, I'm not only eating the 1000-1100 calories on purpose, I'm just not hungry. Guess I'll have to start forcing myself to eat more calories (does that sound strange or what? Especially on a weight loss forum )

Thank you all for the advice. I figured that I should be eating more, but figured that I also shouldn't force myself to eat more if I'm not hungry. Maybe I'll eat something that has more calories in it. I'll figure it out.

Thanks for your help Ladies!

Neesy congrats on meeting your goal!! So wonderful!
Old 01-27-2009, 10:47 AM   #329  

Maddiesmom - wow, going under 1000 is dangerous. I know its hard because you are consuming to the point where your full but if you can atleast consume more calories with maybe a carnation drink with one of your meals? We have a designated nutritionist at my job that you can go into the clinic any Friday, so she educated me A LOT and did say that if you consume too few calories that it will start eating your muscle and slow down your metabolism. If any of you guys have questions, I can ask her, just let me know.

Takeadeepbreath- it looks like your on the right path by picking up all those things. The soup idea is great, I do that too. I also pick up things with lots of fiber, its more filling. I would also pick up items that you enjoy (cause realistically I can't eat fruit and veggies all the time). I pick up sugar free pudding or nutrigrain bars. Heck, even baked lays aren't that bad (every once in a while). You can do this! I used to call bs on anyone who told me to eat 5 times a day, in fact I even thought I gained weight when I did it, but now, after a month, it really does fill me up and I really do think my metabolism has sped up.

Tiff, todays your big workout day - good luck! I'm glad I was not alone in my pizza saga, lol. You are doing so well, I would love to see pics in the near future.

Has anyone received compliments from their peers on their weight loss? That's when I go full force. I haven't heard it yet but I know once I get to 20 pds, it will show. I can't wait.

I dodged Dunkin Donuts today, so I feel great. I hope everyone else is doing as well.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:51 AM   #330  

Uh oh, part of my message did not show up, in fact the most important part!

CONGRATULATIONS NEESY for meeting your first goal! Especially for meeting it before your deadline. Your awesome and we are SO proud of you. (Big applause) You are queen for the day!
Closed Thread