Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 09:01 AM   #481  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Good morning ladies!

Its a new day and I feel great. I'm glad to see that I am not the only one trying to overcome these obstacles. Its easier to conquer when you can relate to others and to see each of you get back on the wagon.

Burgundy - my husband HATES grocery shopping with me, so I guess I should consider that a blessing. I do bring my daughter sometimes and that's a different story but really, all I have to do is say no and that's the end. Anyway, my caloric intake on average is between 1200-!400. It is technically below my range and it may hurt me later (because your supposed to gradually decrease your intake so you can gradually lose weight and shrink your stomach) but, it works for me. I have been told latelt by my huubby and mom that I am becoming obsessive with my lifestyle change. I wouldn't even eat my moms stuffed shells yesterday because of the calorie count and now, I think she is taking it personal. Now, with my hubby, its not about food but about my exercise routine. I mentioned this earlier and although I sat down and explained to him how important this is to me, he feels that it is taking away an hour of family time everyday and that it is ridiculous. I am tryiing to point out that the hour that it has taken up is the same amount of time that I used to have watching tv, but its just not registering. To be honest, its a little scary to know that not only am I doing this alone, but I don't have the support from my loved ones that I expected. Im more grateful than any of you could realize that I have you guys and your support. I think that's the only thing keeping my head afloat right now - so...thank you. I hate to post all this, but it feels good to get it off my chest.

Tiff - I figured your schedule was pretty jam packed right now. We are glad to hear your doing good, 2 pds. Is nothing, it will be off in no time, you know this. We understand that you can't check in everyday, just as long as we know your on track and that we'l he2ar more from you after tax season.

Neesy - great question. That switches things up. Here are my details:

1 yr - 220
3 yr. - 190
5 yr. - 170
7 yr. - I'm not sure, maybe 190. That was around the time I was pregnant with my daughter.

Like you, I noticed that as each year went on, I grew a little more in size, so thank god for this new lifestyle change. Who knows where I might have been in 3 yrs.

Anyway, Ill check in later. Have a good day ladies!
Old 02-19-2009, 10:18 AM   #482  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Tiff - Good to see you on here!! I'm sorry your so busy lately, but glad to know your alright ;-)

Linday - I can so relate to your situation. A couple of years ago - almost 3 years now, when I was a losing weight fanatic, my husband too could be negative and thiinking I was obsessive. I really think he felt insecure about the whole thing, because I was getting stronger, more self assurred, more attractive and I had interest other than sitting around looking at the boob tube (like he did). As the few years progessed, because of stress last year, we both gained. I gained alot of my weight back, and he put on 60 pounds, and his health was going downhill. So, now he is trying to lose, and can now relate to what I was doing a few years ago - no more negatives ;-)

Neesy - Here is my weight nightmare (my blog or facebook has photo's on there too if you want to see) I might be off on years, but I think it's right. I gained in 2008, because we had a '****' year with my father-in-laws illness, to the economy. So, my stress showed in the weight of 'pounds'!!

1 year ago - 205

3 years ago - 180

4 years ago - 245

7 years ago - 270
Old 02-20-2009, 09:21 AM   #483  

Mygrits - thanks for sharing your story, it definately helps. I think that more than anything, its insecurity. I am 15 yrs younger than my husband and although I have never looked at my husband as a number, it seems like he does with me. Also, I'm dressing nicer and taking better care of myself. Oh well, I'm not going to focus on it. This is about me, and no matter what, I'm going to keep on truckin.

Now, update on my weight loss. I got on the scale today and am down half a pd. from my last weigh in. Yay. Hopefully by my formal weigh in this week, I will see at least one pound. I would be happy with that. Yesterday, I ran a bunch of errands so I got home late and decided to skip my walk. Today, I am ssssssoooooooo tired. I got a good amount of sleep, 8 hours actually, but for some reason, my body cannot get with the program. I'm thinking about going to get a coffee. I'm NOT a coffee drinker at all, in fact, I pretty much dislike the taste immensly, but it will give me the pick up move I need right now.

It seems like everyones been kinda quiet. Ill check back later to see how everyones is is doing. Ciao!
Old 02-20-2009, 11:08 AM   #484  
Sandy....

Hey Lindy - It is quiet in here...hmmm..I am sure it will pick up tomorrow being the weekend and all. They will all probably shock us with HUGE pounds lost!

Your right Lindy, focus on YOU, it's your journey. He will catch up and be very proud of your accomplishments! Coffee will do it! I am not a big fan, but I do drink one cup every morning for a kick in the butt when needed. In the afternoon I drink my Zoe for a continued nutrient kick. If I were smart I would just drink that in the morning and forget the coffee....hmmmm, well never said I was smart...LOL.

Hope your day is good. I am going for a walk here as soon as I let go of my laptop.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:31 PM   #485  
This IS it...

S/C/G: 350.2/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone,

I am busy again today at work, but I need a break so I came to chat with you girls. Lindy - I'm sorry that your husband and mother are not being as supportive as you would like them to be, but remember who you are doing this for...YOU. You aren't doing it for your husband nor your mother. I know that doesn't change the fact that they aren't going to be there for you when you are having a rough time with the diet, but all of us here on the thread are. We are all dealing with our issues with food and exercise day in and day out. How are their weights? Are either one of them overweight? It could be jealousy, that you are losing and they are still the same. Just an idea. With your husband it could be jealousy in the sense that something else is getting more attention than he is right now. I would say, when you guys are together, be even sweeter to him so that even if your quantity of time spent together is less, the quality can be better. Other than those suggestions, I really wouldn't know what to do.

Well, my signature really says it all. I am NOT giving up on this no matter what happens. I have probably went over my calories at least 15-20 days since I started on December 9th. I have also taken a couple days off of them gym in a row a couple times, with this last weekend being the worst - took 5 days off in a row. So in my mind, I have fallen off the horse A LOT. The last three days have really shown that I really am just jumping right back on. I have went to the gym the last three nights in a row for at least an hour, and have stayed at or under my calories for the past three days and the scale has given me a huge present. I not only lost the 2 pds. that I was up, but I lost 1.5 more in those three days and I am just about out of the 320's!!!! I will be sooo excited when that happens. I am getting so close to my first mini-goal to! Honestly though, I don't really feel like I will have accomplished anything until I am out of the 300's. Being over 300 lbs. is just soo depressing. But I am more than halfway out, so I have to keep thinking about that.

TTYL and have a GREAT day!
Old 02-20-2009, 04:52 PM   #486  
focus on me

Height: 5'3"

Hi ladies! Sounds like we're all getting back on track. Great! As I said last time, I fell off the wagon so hard, I thought I was being dragged by my foot that was caught in a rope tied to the wagon. OUCH! I gained back weight, but it's coming back off again.

Because I've been so stressed, and what not, I decided to take today off of work. Yah me! It was a good decision. I just needed time to step away from 'have to' stuff and re-focus on me and what I want to accomplish. I exercised this morning, also.

I just got back from the store and am proud of my purchases. Salad stuff, fruits, my bean dumpling thingy, Fiber One cluster cereal (this is my new favorite-with vanilla soy milk and blueberries...YUMMY!), chicken breast and frozen veggies. I was sooooo tempted to get red baron pizza. It was on sale and I had a coupon! Sold, right? But the fat and sodium was unbelievable! For a Red Baron Singles Classic Crust Pizza, Pepperoni: cal-770; fat-43; chol-80; sodium-1720; fiber-3; protein-33...OMG! That sucks, cause I really love that, but no more. There was no way I was getting that, not after all the good food I had in my cart. (but it really tastes good...boo hoo!)

Lindy - glad to hear you're heading back down. i bet it was the sodium. it will get you every time!

Tiff - good job on the loss! hang in there during tax season and take care of yourself. good job on getting back into the gym, that will keep you clear headed and make good food choices.

Sandy - Looks like you have you calorie allowances worked out. so keep on walkin'!

Burgundy - even though we all talk about calories, I honestly think I'm getting to few (unless of course I eat out). I've been doing numbers..well, adding numbers the past few days and I'm way short. No wonder I'm shoving crap in my mouth. Right now at almost 5pm, I've had about 500 calories. sheesh! I think Sandy's numbers are right on, so I'm going to work with that.

hhmmm, Neesy's question:
1 year - 225
3 years - 210 (guessing)
5 years - 201 (WW)
7 years -220 (guessing)

When I graduated I was 180. Then a year later I was in an accident (not a car). I lost weight in the hospital, but once I got home I gained it all back and then some. That put me over 200. I've been there ever since. Well, I may have dropped under 200 when I was working a warehouse job in 2000. I didn't weigh myself then, but my shorts had to be rolled at the waist so they wouldn't fall off..haha! Once I was back up over 200, they fit and were a little snug.

Hope to hear from everyone else later!
Old 02-20-2009, 04:53 PM   #487  
focus on me

I am sooooo sorry for rambling. I don't realize it. I'm just a 'yacker' and I like details....:LOL:
Old 02-20-2009, 06:36 PM   #488  
Sandy....

Tiff - So good to hear from you and wow, congratulations! You are doing so great and I am so proud of you. I know getting past the 320's feels great! Keep going, and before you know it, you will be way below that too!!!!!

Take-a-deep-breath - Sounds like a good shopping trip, and oh can I so relate to Red Baron - yummmm. My favorite food in pizza and I really have a hard time resisting it whenever it is in my presence. I love the melted warm cheese, the tasty pepperoni, and oh man the crusty crust..........gosh, that is a killer!!! Ok, off that subject because next I'll be dialing Dominos!

I got my walk in today and my calories so far are good. One more day and weigh-in, so I am hoping I can push another pound off!!

Nite ladies, hopefully there will be more noise in here tomorrow!
Old 02-21-2009, 02:44 PM   #489  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone! I have been so good lately. And in the past week, I have only lost 1 lb! I guess that's better than nothing. But I'm so anxious to be under 200.. that it can't come soon enough! I'm so proud of everyone!! It seems that you are all doing so great. Everyone is sticking through it.. through all the ups and downs. We can do this!

I'll catch up more later. I have to run! Bye guys!

Last edited by Neesy_20; 02-21-2009 at 02:45 PM.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:30 PM   #490  

Hey ladies-

Tomorrow is my weigh in day and I'm interested to see what the scale says. I did pretty good the rest of the week. Today I did a REALLY bad thing and went all morning with nothing to eat, so around 12 noon I went to Home Depot and was STARVING and so when I walked out, there it was...the dreaded hot dog cart-duh...duh...duh (think theatrical). It smelled sooooooo good, and I actually passed it, but then some stupid guy walked by with a HUGE italian sausage dog with peppers and onions (the nerve of that guy-lol!) and I caved in. To make matters worst, nothing taste better with one of those dogs than a big cup of soda, so yup- I did it, I had a big fat sausage dog with a big fat can of Pepsi. I dont feel guilty or regret it (YET). It was one of the worst things I could have done, but because it tasted SO good - I say, to **** with it. Lets see if the scale agrees with me. Haha.

To compensate, I did A LOT around the house today. I painted a small area outside my house and also did a lot of yard work, so I'm sure I burned calories doing that. In addition, I also took a 2 mile walk. Now, tomorrow - my mom is having us over for breakfast, pancakes to be exact, but once again - Im doing it. I'll just step up my exercise game.

Neesy - good job on your 1 pd. Remember, 1+1+2, etc....etc.....etc...., you'll get there soon. A wise woman once told me, slow and steady wins the race (haha-I'm so corny).

Tiff- your doing an awesome job with your exercise routine. This is a lifestyle change, so just think, you will get so used to this and it will all be second nature. You are SO close to being under 300, keep up the good work.

Takeadeepbreath - good job on losing that weight again! Oh and thanks for briefing/educating us on Red Baron pizza, lol. Seriously, I dont think it really hits you how bad certain foods that you like are until you see them in writing. This is why I refuse to eat out anymore (for the most part). Its just easier.

I am so proud to see that everyone is holding up well again. I will log in tomorrow after breakfast and let you know what my morning weigh in weight is. I intend on weighing myself before I pig out at my moms. Haha.

As a side note, as I re-read my post, I notice that I am very much comma happy. I think I put 2 or 3 too many commas in each sentence. So ignore my punctuation, or lack there of, or over indulgence - lol.

Have a good night girls.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:44 AM   #491  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Height: 5'6"

Hey Lindy! You are so close to being in the 1's !!!! I was re-reading my posts and I get very "..........." happy. Whatever you call those.... Can't wait to see you get under 200. It makes me feel like I can do it too!

Tiff- You are so close to being under 3. I'm so impressed with your exercise routine and wish I could get off my huge butt to do something (other than work and cleaning).

Well.. I'm going to Chuck E Cheese today for my niece's birthday. I went overboard buying gifts for the little girl. When I went shopping, it was like I was buying for myself! Anyway, I hope I can resist the temptation to eat pizza.

I'll check in later to see everyone's weight loss!

Last edited by Neesy_20; 02-22-2009 at 10:44 AM.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:20 AM   #492  

Good morning ladies!

Well, as you can see on my ticker, I am 1 pd. down, which means I am at a 18 pd. weight loss. I have exactly one week left to meet my goal of 200 (you know, 10 pds. a month). I am going to be SUPER strict after today and hopefully lose those those 2 pds. I CAN DO IT!

I KNOW that 10 pds. a month is great, trust me. And I KNOW that slow and steady wins the race, but I'm just surprised that with all I have given up (and thats a lot) and with all the exercise I do (I mean common - I walk 4 miles a day 7 days a week and at least 3 of those days 6 miles), I should have lost more, I really should have. I know this is all part of the weight loss game and I keep trying to tell myself this, its just shocking.

Anyway, sorry for my ranting and raving the past few days. I am trying so hard to stay positive and stay on track, but sometimes I second guess myself. I'm not giving up, I'm not even close, I'm just coming more and more agressive (and yes - I might even say obsessive) with this journey. It's crazy. I dont know what I have to prove, but its something.

Neesy - good luck at Chuckee Cheese. I love their pizza! The good thing is, they also have a salad bar. Now, the dressing might get you, but at least you have that option.

I look forward to logging in later and seeing if anyone else weighed in today.

Have a wonderful day!
Old 02-22-2009, 11:36 AM   #493  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Ok first things first. To answer Neesy.
1 yr ago:around 240, my heaviest
3yrs ago:195, lowest in about 8 yrs
5 yrs ago:230
7 yrs ago:not really sure, but in the 200's

Neesy-dont get yourself down about 1 lbs, that is great in a week. You only have 12lbs to go to be in the 100's. You will make it and be so proud of yourself. Crossing my fingers for you, hope you can resist the pizza, or just have 1 slice.

Tiff-you are almost to 300 and that is awesome Glad to hear your weight comes off fast, we all splurge, if we didnt I think we would all have givenup by now.

Lindy-You husband and mom are probably jealous that you dont spend as much of your time focusing on them and are not putting positive energy into yourself, just keep going and dont let the little negatives get you down. They will come around and be supportive. I am so grateful that my husband is supportive, he likes girls with a little meat on their bones, but he wants me to be happy, so he encourages me. That sausage sounds so good, glad you arent letting it get you down. A treat once in a while is a good thing, I would go crazy without a little something now and then.

Kelly-good job not buying that pizza, me and the hubby love that kind, but I refuse to buy them now. He may buy one for himself if he knows I wont be home. But if I am home, I cook a healthy meal.

Mygrits-I am so jealous of those of you that can get outside and walk. I hate snow, make it go away!!!!!!!!!!!

Maddiesmom-you have been kinda quiet lately but didnt want to leave you out. Hope you are doing good and keep playing with that little girl, she will help you burn those calories.

Did i get everyone, are there only 7 of us. Looking back through the posts, there were so many women that wanted to be buddies that have left. I am glad we are a small group so its easier to talk to everyone as an individual and not have to always address as a group. So today my husband wants to go shopping, weird I know, a man wants to shop. He wants a flat screen tv for our bedroom. I am thinking about get a balance ball. Does anyone use one? I have been sticking with the 30 day shred and have done I think 4 days. I tried the level 2 last night, dont think I am quite ready for that, I am gonna do level one tonight.

I have some progress pics, I know I am lagging in the group, I think everyone has lost more than me, but it keeps me encouraged to post pics. I weighed today and I am 225.2 so that is 11 lbs, I was hoping to be 224.something today, but I will get there and I am not trying to rush it. I will post those pics in my next post, this one would be way too long. So I hope everyone have a good day and keep reaching for your goals.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:44 AM   #494  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

So I thought it would be fun to share some progress pics. Anyone want to join me?? I dont see much change but my husband and sisters said they can really tell.

This one is about 9 months ago, in May 08

This one was taken yesterday Feb 21, 09(please excuse the mess behind me, this is the only room in the house my husband is in charge of and he says he knows right where everything is, I highly doubt that)
Old 02-22-2009, 01:31 PM   #495  
focus on me

Well, after 1-2 weeks (sheesh I was out of control) of bad eating and you name it, I am back up 1 lb. I am refocused and ready to go. I'm going to visualize what I will look and feel like with 20 lbs gone. In my mind, I will keep telling myself that I am active, weigh less and believe that I AM what I envision and want to be. So I am going to set some goals myself instead of just trying to lose it. If I have nothing to strive for, I will not get there any time soon.

Lindy - Maybe your body is used to the walking. Try adding bursts of 1 minute running every few minutes to get your hear rate up and burn a few more calories. If you are walking on flat ground, add some inclines to get your other muscles into the mix. Wow, you are SOOOO close to 100's..YAH!!!

Neesy - If you don't want that 1 lb then I'll take it!

Burgundy - I agree. I like our little group. For a while there, I couldn't keep track! Don't get down about what you have or have not lost, you're doing better than me at the moment-but I plan on catching up! Wow, posting pics...hmmm, maybe I will too, but I'm afraid haha!

Gotta run. I'm going with some friends to Jungle Jim's today. I've never been and I don't know if it's just a local place or if anyone else has one. Neesy will know what I'm talking about. It has all kinds of International foods and I hear it takes a few days to get through the whole place. I just want some wasabi peas...mmmm! I'll check back later to see how the rest of you are doing.
Closed Thread