Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 01:15 PM   #271  
Kelly

S/C/G: 190/see ticker/130

Height: 5'5

Thank you ALL for all your support!! I just did the most worst thing I could have possibly done.....I don't even want to admit but I will share.......

I was feeling really down on myself with lack of sleep and not checking in as this is what I really need, I know it's helping graite I have only been able to keep 2 pounds off but thats the most I have been able to loose and keep off (so far) in the past three months. I actually just recently put on about 15 pounds in two months, since I have not really cared, been over eating and eating out of depression or bordom. anyways.......

I was in my mood to give up and just let it all go thought I would check on here to see how all of you are doing and I was eating POPCORN!! Not a good thing. I made microwave popcorn then added BUTTER!!
Then signed on here and started catching up. Well.....the bag is in the garbage and I am now back to my granola and diet dr pepper.

reading "you can do it" really was motivating. I have wanted this for a really long time. over 5 years. It may not seem like alot to loose to some, but for me it's where I am at in my journey and it means alot to me. I wish so much I had the will power like most of you. I am very sorry to be babbling, it just seems to help to actually get this out, as I do not talk to others about this. I am going to pre plan meals. I wish I had quick recipes for dinner casseroles or something quick to throw in oven. I should google it.
Old 01-22-2009, 01:29 PM   #272  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Kity-You dont have to feel like you are babbling, none of us do. Thats what we are all here for, to listen and support. I know what its like putting on weight in a short period. I gained 32 lbs in about 5 months. But now with this forum and just the sheer need to get this weight off I feel I will do it this time and its going to be the right way. You are going to do it too. Its not going to be as easy and we would like it to be, but we'll make it. You will stop dropping weight before you know it. Just keep all of us in your mind when you feel like giving up, we wont let you. We're all a team here and doing this together. Have a great day and stay motivated. Good job getting rid of the popcorn and eating the granola.
Old 01-22-2009, 01:51 PM   #273  
Kelly

Thanks Burgandy!
I was going through the past few posts and have copied and printed the recipes I will let you know as I try them. I am looking forward to it. And I will be pulling out some cook books I bought in the past for "dieting" lifestyle change recipes. As I find good ones I will also post. I also was skimming through some of the first posts and those of you who are still here, seem to have really stuck to plan for the most part and your tickers show it!! I want that for me too. I want to stick with this. I have NEVER successfully been able to lose weight and keep off for more than 3 months. I will start guestimating my calories and really planning ahead. I am feeling pretty down on myself and want to do this. I need this for myself. My bday is next month Feb 23rd. I want to loose 10 pounds by then . I think I mentioned before. I think it is not impossible and it can be done. I have eliminated eating out, and regular soda that was HUGE progress for me. And now I am working on taking in more water then I will add exercise. Then I am hoping for great results, like all of you!! Thanks again everyone for the support. I will make a point to check in twice daily at least once when really busy. This I know will help me tons.

I was noticing that as people first started on here they were telling little about themselves. I never did and would like to reintroduce myself.
My name is Kelly. I am 27 (almost 28), married 4 years and we have two children, my son, 6 years old, and my daughter 3 years ole. We live in Minnesota, (it's pretty cold right now) LOL.... I am currently workiing two jobs, Insurance during the day and part time evenings at bank, processing checks after bank hours. My husband is really supportive, and everytime I try to do some sort of dieting or anything I barely loose and he really looses. Then I get mad. I used to be able to eat anything and must have had higher metabolism. Every year I have to get my thyroid checked out according to my doctor as the symstems are there but always turns out fine. Not sure about that much. I am completly a salts person, not much sweets, usually around that time of month or not at all. I love soda!!
Old 01-22-2009, 01:58 PM   #274  
Kelly

I keep forgetting to ask, do most of you use Sunday mornings as your weigh in and then go by that to update your overall lose/gain. And then weigh throughout week of wanted. I have been weighing here and there for myself to know where I am in prior posts it seemed like most picked Sunday as the "weigh in" actual. I just want to be more accurate. I also updated my lose That felt good. Just waiting another week, I hope for that ticker. I wast to see like all of you. It's a great motivation, I think!!
Old 01-22-2009, 02:07 PM   #275  

S/C/G: See signature

Hey Kity (Kelly):

If it helps you, I will also share. Over the past few months I have been MAJORLY depressed, it does not seem like it because I put on a big front but trust me, it got bad - a lot of crying. Anyway, my point is - you are not alone. In fact, since I started eating healthier and excercising I can honestly say my depression is minimal. My main reason for exercising is not to lose weight but to keep my endorphines up so I don't start willowing in my own self pitty. If you ever want to vent or talk privately, feel free to send me a personal message, we're all here for you and I'm sure a lot of us can relate. There are certain trigger foods that take away certain cravings, a trigger food for salt is a banana or orange juice (or orange). I eat strawberries a lot because they supress my chocolate cravings. Also, popcorn is not bad, just not with butter. In fact, I had a nutritionist tell me popcorn is one of the healthier indulgences that you can have.

Anyway, I'm glad your back on the band wagon. In case you haven't noticed, our group is a bunch of talkers, so you fit in perfectly, feel free to "babble" all you want.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:11 PM   #276  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Kity:Great job on putting the popcorn away. Willpower doesn't come in a day, it definitely takes time.

I found THE BEST recipe today. It's low fat (because I used low fat mayo) and the best part is that you can use rotissarie chicken that you buy already cooked at the store. I had this open-faced on one piece of multigrain bread with a sliced plum tomato on the side. Took five minutes to make.

The ingredients are kinda measured weird because I scaled it down to 4 servings. I also added a lot more fruit than what the recipe calls for. Super good and super easy!!

Fruited Curry Chicken Salad -
INGREDIENTS
2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cooked and diced
1/2 stalk celery, chopped
1/4 onion, chopped (I used green onion instead)
1/2 small apple - peeled, cored and chopped
2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons golden raisins (I didn't use raisins)
2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons seedless green grapes, halved
1/4 cup chopped toasted pecans (I used raw walnuts)
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon curry powder
1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (I used Kraft light mayo)
Old 01-22-2009, 02:15 PM   #277  

A lot of us weigh in through the week, I personally weigh in only on Sundays because I want to see a big number. I also drink tons of water on Saturday to help me produce that big number Some people need reassurance daily or every couple days to show their making progress, so I guess to each is own. I started the first week of January and am down 8 pds, so I'm averaging 3-4 pds. a week, which is fine by me.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:20 PM   #278  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Now that the recipe is out of the way...

Trust me, I have had my ups and downs the past few months. I had a baby almost 14 months ago and decided to leave my job of 5 years to be able to spend more time with her. I tried working part time after she was 8 weeks old, but couldn't pursue that in order to make ends meet. Then, I found a great job (took a small pay cut because I was saving on gas because job was closer to home) and had a great boss. He and I clicked and had a lot in common and the same work ethic. Then, 6 months later, right before Thanksgiving of this year, I was laid off.

I was totally devestated, this happened a week before my daughter's first birthday with all our family and friends at her party. I felt overweight and useless. Plus, I turned 30. So I felt like a fat, 30-year old, unemployed loser (even though I was laid off due to budget cuts, not my performance). Standing in the unemployment line was sobering. If that doesn't make you want to gorge on food, nothing will!

So, I decided on 1/3, that I had enough. I was going to stop feeling sorry for myself and DO SOMETHING. That is when I found this message board with all of you ladies, and you have all helped me to change. It's been a great 3 weeks thus far, and I'm feeling better about myself.

I also started reading Winning By Losing by Jillian Michaels yesterday and I'm almost done reading it! It's such a good book. Gives great advice. She talks about working on your emotions, the science of eating and working out, and gives you exercises (beginner, intermediate, and advanced).

Sorry for the long post...but thought my story may help as well.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:53 PM   #279  
focus on me

I kinda messed up today. I had my oatmeal and a banana before lunch. Then when lunch came, I just didn't want the chicken. I heated it up and ate a few bites, but did not want it. So I did a bad thing-I got a snack size bag of chili cheese frito's-probably the worst thing possible. But I made up for it by eating Subway for dinner. What's funny is it's the exact same sandwich Lindy mentioned earlier today. Great minds think alike!

So tonight my aunt and I are playing family bingo with my mom. She might actually be home in about a month. *fingers crossed*

I was planning on taking my last serving of chicken with me to work tomorrow, but I think I'm going to thaw out my chili/ministroni/dumpling thing. I don't know if I posted what I made it with, but it is delicious, filling and satisfying. If anyone is interested and I haven't posted it, let me know and I will.

Well, gotta go. Bingo starts at 7, but we have to get there earlly for good seats-at least that's what my mom said...haha!
Old 01-22-2009, 05:59 PM   #280  
focus on me

shoot! i just saw the extra page. i will be back later with thoughts for kity. btw, my name is kelly also! : )
Old 01-22-2009, 07:16 PM   #281  

Hey Takeadeepbreath (Kelly):

You did not post your minestroni/dumpling thing recipe (lol), please do. So far, I have tried 2 of the 4 recipes listed from this forum and loved the two I tried. My lunch was SO good today, my Subway sub (great minds do think alike) with Baked Lays were delicious and super filling. I ended up having fish for dinner and although I'm under my calories for the day, I think I am going to take it easy the rest of tonight. My Grandma told me today that she is making a big Italian meal on Sunday and I am going to indulge, however, I will use the wheat pasta I bought. It doesnt save a ton of calories but every bit helps. I am also going to keep my 5 meals for the day, because I really think my metabolism is speeding up.

Have a good night everyone.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:24 PM   #282  
focus on me

chili/ministroni/dumpling thing (delicious)

1 lb ground turkey
2 celery stalks diced
carrots diced equal to celery amount
onion diced equal to celery amount
1 can petite diced tomatoes with juice
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can light kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 can northern beans, drained and rinsed
2 small cartons chicken broth
1 package frozen dumplings
fresh ground pepper to taste

cook and crumble turkey. drain. add celery, onions, carrots and broth. add pepper to taste. bring to boil. when veggies are softening, add all beans and tomatoes. cook at medium to high boil for bout 15 minutes. add dumplings as per package instructions (mine said cook for 30 minutes). serve, enjoy!
Old 01-23-2009, 12:12 AM   #283  
Fight Hungry!

S/C/G: 207/198/164

Ok so I just posted this in another thread...but I'm posting it here too! Ugh, I had a rough night! Did great with the pts today...but I'm just in kind of a slump lately...went to the grocery store to pick a few things up and...I bought a mini cheesecake...and a Kit Kat...and I ate a piece of the cheesecake and the kit kat....and now I feel like crap...I am such an emotional eater its ridiculous...so while I bought the cheesecake, I also bought baby carrots...maybe I'll turn to those next time I feel down and just wanna shove food in my mouth!
Old 01-23-2009, 12:21 AM   #284  
This IS it...

S/C/G: 350.2/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

So tonight I went to the gym, third night in a row, yay for that. To things happened, one kinda good, one really depressing. Lets go for the depressing one first. I did the treadmill for an hour tonight. First I did 30 minutes, then I did this fitness test where it increases the incline and measures your heart rate and it shuts off when you do a certain time at a certain heart rate. So I was up to a 5.0 incline and it lasted like 5 minutes and it shut off on me. Guess what it said my fitness level was? ZERO! I'm not sure what kind of scale it is on or how high it can go, but I knoe how low it can go...ZERO! I swear it had to be broke. There is no way I have been working out for a month and a half and have a fitness level of zero.

The other thing is, that when I finished my workout and was about to leave, this woman that I see kinda often in there said "Man, you work out hard!" All I said was a mixture of a laugh and a "humphf". I mean really what do you say to that. I mean it was nice to know someone notices, but I have no idea what to say to that. I felt bad that I didn't say anything else and just kept walking, like I seemed like a B**** or something. I just never know what to say when people say stuff to me completely unexpectedly. I usually just laugh.

On another note, my health is completely depressing me. When I started watching what I eat, I got bad heartburn like every other time I diet. I think I talked about it earlier in the thread. But so I wanted to eliminate every possible excuse to give up. I went to the dr. and he prescribed my Nexium which I took for about 20 days which was all he gave me. I finished that up a week or two ago. I hadn't had heartburn once since I began taking it and I thought my problem was solved. But No. Today I had awful heartburn all day long. 2 days after I canceled my follow-up appointment because I thought I was completely healed. So now, I have to go back to the dr., which I can't afford. I still am on my mom's insurance since I am still technically a student (starting my masters ina couple months) and she has a high deductible insurance combined with an HSA. She just had some health issues so I am pretty sure the HSA is drained, so I will have to pay cash. PLUS, I am also have menstrual issues for which I will have to go to ANOTHER dr. to deal with them. They are really starting to worry me. Warning, possible TMI coming up: Usually my period is relatively predictable. I am not a perfectly scheduled one who knows exactly when it is coming and when it will end, but I generally know what week it should come and about how many days it should last. The past 6 months or so though...first I just started having 'different' periods than I was used to (rather than starting heavy and getting lighter as it goes, it started being very light then heavy then lighter). But, the past three months it has been as follows: a very, very light period, followed by a very late period that lasted three weeks long, then one week off, a 4 week period, then one week off, an 8 day period, a week off, and I am currently having the weirdest one yet. I won't go into anymore details because I know that was already alot, but has anyone ever experienced anything like this or know anyone who has? I am going to make an appointment tomorrow because this is really starting to worry me, but would love to hear any insight anyone has until then while I wait to be seen.

What's up with that...I started losing weight so that I won't have health problems in the future, and what happens...I get health problems while I am losing weight.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:51 PM   #285  

Hey Syvena- it is super important that when you go into a grocery store, make sure you are full, not just a little full, but just ate full. It keeps you from craving things and buying junk food. ÷ou'll rebound from your little snafu, just eat those carrots you bought. I can hardly eat any veggies as a snack, fruit - yes, veggies - not so much. I do eat a big plate of veggies with my dinner every night but usually snack on fiber one bars, applesauce, pudding, etc. If I want a snack.

Tiff. - I can totally relate. In fact, I had the exact same issue the past 6 months and went to my ob. He said it could be one of two things:

1. My change in birth control
2. Change in lifestyle, whether it be diet, exercise or stress.

I tend to favor the birth control because I was not eating healthy or exercising beforee January, stress - maybe, but I don't know. To be on the safe side, he did a pap and tested some other things and it came back clean so for now, its just a pain that I have to deal with. Of course, I suggest going to your ob, but I would at least ask him about #2. I wouldn't stress too much about your gym incident, I mean honestly, who is a ray of sunshine after working your butt off for over an hour! And I'm sure she understands that. If it really bothered you, I would just approach her at the gym next time you see her and just apologize for being so short, tell her you were having an off day, all women can relate to an off day.

I hope everyone is doing well. I am happy because I was able to fit into an outfit comfortably that was a bit too snug before, although I did try a different pair of pants prior to the ones I have on and they were still snug, but hey - Ill get there.
Closed Thread