Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 11:52 PM   #436  
This IS it...

S/C/G: 350.2/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Kity: I am truly sorry that you are having such a rough time lately. Don't beat yourself up over gaining or eating too much, it will only cause bigger problems in the end. I am speaking from tons of experience. After belittling yourself about going off your diet or the scale not moving how you want it to, you will feel even worse about youself and it will make it hard to remember why you are doing this in the first place...for YOU!!! You WILL get back on plan, maybe not the plan you are on, maybe it isn't the best for you. The plan that is right for you will be (almost) easy to stay on because it will be tailored to your weaknesses. For instance, I am able to stay on plan if I allow myself to have a bit of pizza or a small serving of ice cream when I crave it. If not, the cravings would build up until I can't take it anymore and I would binge and forget about the diet for a few weeks...or months. And repeat. Maybe you could test out different plans and see which one is the easiest for you and your lifestyle and your requirements. I hope this helps.

Mygrits: have I mentioned that I looooove grits? With lots of butter and salt. I haven't had them in forever though. I only eat them at home because I don't lie how any restaraunts prepare them. I like them nice an thick...lol. Anyways, can you tell I'm hungry? I need to go to bed. Everytime you talk about Martha it cracks me up. I need to think of a name for my fitness trainer on the Wii Fit. That yoga kicks my butt big time.

MaddiesMom and Burgandy: The thirty day shred by Jillian is a KILLER workout. I attempted it in the VERY beginning of my exercise regimine two times. The first day I made it 7 minutes, the second day I made it the whole video by modifying (cheating) on some moves. My thighs were KILLING me after two times. I really should have stuck with it, but I got into going to the gym 4-5 times a week for at least an hour at a time, and add in 9-10 hr workdays, and there is no more time to do the video. I highly recommend it and really would like to get back to the video someday. Keep in mind as well that there are 3 levels, and I was on the first and it was that hard.

I loooove Tuesday nights. I get to go to the gym for 2 hours to watch the biggest loser and feel super accomplished afterwards and almost always get rewarded on the scale the next day. So here's to hoping that I am bac tomorrow morning with good news. Neesy, I'm trying so hard to pull ahead.

In other news, today while I was at work, I suddenly noticed that my fingers are starting to look a bit wrinkly instead of the skin being tight and pudgy. I think this is good, but I don't really want old lady hands. Lets hope it doesn't get that bad.

Oh, and I almost forgot. Today the very first person noticed that I am losing weight. This woman that works in my office (who is super skinny, but apparently lost like 50 lbs a while back) came into my office and said very quietly "Your pants are getting very baggy". Correct me if I am wrong but I am pretty sure that is code for "I am noticing that you are losing weight". I mean technically, my fiance's mom said that I looked good and that I had lost some, but I think she was just being nice and fair because she had just spent 5 minutes gushing about how amazing he looked. I am pretty sure that I am about the same weight as I was last time I saw her, maybe 10 lbs less.

I am also happy to say that our weight loss in combination with finally setting an official date for our wedding has motivated them to start losing as well. Both my fiance's Mom and Dad want to lose 50 lbs by our wedding which is 9/9/09. I would like to be down to 215 by my wedding. I mean of course I would like to be less, but I think that is an ambitious but completely possible goal. It's 15 lbs a month. I think that will be about a size 18 dress for me, which still sucks, but is sooo much better than I am now. I just wish I had started this earlier. I have been engaged for almost 9 months and could have been at a perfect size by my wedding if I had got off my butt sooner. Oh well. We live and learn.

Good night everyone!
Old 02-11-2009, 09:49 AM   #437  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Height: 5'6"

I haven't been exercising at all lately. I would say I'm more active in my lifestyle, but no strenuous exercise since I started this diet back in december. I've been slackin. I know you need to have both to really lose weight and keep it off. I'm just exhausted on my off days. I worked sunday night, then got home and slept 20hrs straight. I go into little mini comas! It's nice sometimes, but mostly it makes my off days fly by.

Tiff- That is a great goal. I was a size 16 dress on my wedding day 2 years ago. There was absolutely NO attempt at weight loss. I think I even ate more! I think I looked alright, but my goal is to have a small ceremony at the 5 year mark.. hopefully looking a hundred pounds lighter than the first time. That would be awesome! I know your wedding will be beautiful. What a way to show your brand new self. It always helps to be working toward something.. I like the fact that other family members are getting motivated too!

My husband started dieting with me.. he was 259 pounds and now weighs 236! He's 6'5".. so he always looks thin. He's almost at his goal weight already! Jeez.. I really have to kick it into gear. I cannot weigh more than him.. or even close EVER again...Which gives me my reason for staying on plan today.

Talk to you guys later!
Old 02-11-2009, 09:50 AM   #438  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Good morning ladies:

Sorry I haven't checked in as much lately. I have been super busy and super stressed and now, instead of spending time on the computer, I am trying to manage my stress positively, so I am walking 2 miles every morning and 2 miles every evening. In addition, I am eating WAY less than normal. You would think this is good, but I am actually having to force myself to eat 5 times a day and I don't like it. I usually consume 1400-1600 calories a day and now I'm at 900. Trust me, I am not happy about this and I really just think that this is my nerves getting the best of me and I hope it passes soon.

Tiff, you came back just in time for our gorgeous Florida weather. Can you believe that it is going to be 82 today?! I was really happy to hear you did so well on your trip and took off that 1.5 pd. weigtht gain (and so fast too).

I'm enjoying the competitive nature of Neesy and Tiff. Hopefully I can catch up with the two of you soon.

Kity - I am so sorry to hear all the stress that your going through right now. Try to stay positive, the best thing you can do is stay positive and you'll get there, soon enough. If you need to vent on a daily basis, please do. We are all here for you.

Well I gotta go, I don't think I have a lot of time to check in as much as I normally do, but ill try to daily.

Take care
Old 02-11-2009, 12:13 PM   #439  
This IS it...

S/C/G: 350.2/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Neesy, my fiance is 6'5" as well and it is amazing how he can carry his weight so well. He was almost 400 lbs at one point and you would have NEVER guessed.

Lucky, I'm happy that your finding a positive way to get rid of your stress. Exercising more certainly could never hurt. I also see that your sooo close to that milestone of getting under 200 lbs! That's super exciting. I feel like when I get into the 100's, my goal will finally be within reach.

The scale was very nice to me again today. Down 0.8 lbs from yesterday. Getting closer to my first mini-goal of 10% down. Hope everyone is having a great ady!
Old 02-11-2009, 07:19 PM   #440  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Kity-Try not stress too much about gaining. You can get back to eating right and exercising and get the weight off. Dont give up, we are all here to support you. I just got another copy of the 30 day shred, so I am hoping it will help. I need to get started with it.

Maddiesmom- I remember trying the cabbage soup, it was ok for a while, but I did the diet where that is all you eat and as much as you want. I got sick of it. It would be good to eat every now and then.

Mygrits-Good job getting your exercise in, hope Martha isnt torturing you too bad.

Tiff-Thanks for the tip on the 30 day shred, it will probably kill me too. I need to try it tonight. I might do it later. I recorded Biggest Loser last night and havent watched it, so I will probably watch that then try it. Wish me luck. Congrats on someone noticing your weight loss. You are doing a great job.

Neesy-You are doing an awesome job even without the exercise. 20 hours is a long time, but you need rest after working your long shifts. I wish my husband would exercise and diet with me, but he wont even step on the scale.

Lindy-sorry you are so stressed lately, but great job walking 4 miles a day. I wish I could do that. It got warm here and has been raining and next week its going to be below freezing again so there will be ice everywhere, and gravity hates me during the winter, so I dont dare try to walk out there.

So yesterday was my husbands birthday and we had pizza, cake and ice cream. I did not want to weigh this morning, but I did. And to my surprise, it said 226.4, that is 10 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so excited. My wii fit says 225.3 but I am going to go with my digital scale. So now I am working on the next ten. I want to have it off my the end of the month. I talked to my sisters the other night and my twin sister has lost 5 lbs and my older sister has lost 9, so I want to stay ahead of both of them because I weigh more than they do. Well, I have some doggie nails to trim so I have a war ahead of me, they both hate it. Have a great night everyone. I may check in later if I cant sleep.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:31 PM   #441  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Lindy: I know how you feel about the 900 calories. I was there for awhile, and trust me, it's not where you want to be. Soon after I did this (unintentionally), I ended up getting sick and since I wasn't eating enough calories, it took me longer to get over my illness. Hopefully the stress will pass soon, Good Luck! Great work on the 4 miles a day!! I wish I was able to do that!

Burgandy: CONGRATS ON THE 10 POUNDS!!!! What an accomplishment!

I weighed in today (as I do every day...can't help it) and I was down another 2 pounds, which now makes 19. I'm hoping to make it to 20 before my weigh in on Sunday, but we'll see. I'm thrilled!

Ladies, have a great night!
Old 02-11-2009, 10:34 PM   #442  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Well this isnt weight loss related but I just wanted to share my husbands birthday cake. He is a star wars fan so I had a local gourmet shop make these for him, they were so cute and yummy, so now I have to exercise it off.

Old 02-12-2009, 01:01 PM   #443  
Kelly

S/C/G: 190/see ticker/130

Thank you ALL for all your support.
I am up for trying out the Jillian Michaels. I need something to get me going, that kick start may be what I need.
I got an ipod for xmas from my husband and found an app that helps log your daily intake of food I am going to try that, and hoping that it will help that I have to journal what I intake!! And with trying to add a work out dvd in hopefully I can get that boost, an once I start working out I hope I feel better about myself. Lately I just have that bloated feeling like I ONLY want to wear sweats, loungewear!! I can't wear them to work. My tummy is hard and feels pushed out. I have not been on the scale again, as I don't want more bad news.

I am so jealous of all of you with your lose!! LOL

Congrats to all of you keep it up!! (I wish I could say the same)
Old 02-12-2009, 03:40 PM   #444  

Kity, things will change. Everyone has their hills and its just taking you so extra time t overcome it. Also, sometimes people are not in the right frame of mind or have too much going on in their life to diet. So, try taking abreak, working out a strategy and go in full steam ahead (when your ready).

Maddiesmom - I am so excited for you to be at almost 20 pds lost. That is amazing. I too am 3 pds. away from losing 200 and I am ecstatic. I can't wait to "officially" weigh myself on Saturday. I am doing a 5k walk on Saturday, so that might work in my favor?

Burgundy - side note. That is such a cute cake. I love it.

I am down to 203 as of this morning and am very happy. Ill check in later.

Take care.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:49 PM   #445  

I've been at a standstill for the past 3 days despite eating well and being active. I don't know whats wrong. I guess I shouldn't expect a loss every single day. At least I'm not gaining.. I'm not going to give up though. Just gotta stick it out. I have 2 weeks until I have to lose 4 pounds to reach my goal. I need to get the quick fix out of my mind. Slow and stead wins the race..

I'm so tired. I just got off work. I have another 12hr shift tomorrow and then I'm off 5 days in a row. I have my surgery on Monday which I'm nervous for.. but I will also be happy once it is over with. My dad is having surgery on Monday as well.. weird I know. He's having the lap band done. He's been going through the process for a year now.. He really keeps me motivated.

Well.. I'll check in tomorrow. Maybe I'll have a drop on the scale in the morning. Heres thinking good thoughts=)
Old 02-13-2009, 10:04 AM   #446  

Hey Neesy!

Good luck with your surgery, in fact Ill say a prayer for both you and your dad. (Not holier than thou, just believe in praying when its needed). I'm sure prayers aren't needed but you will definately be in my thoughts. I am officially 1 pd. away from meeting my goal and I really think I'm going to get there before Sunday. That being said, I made certain milestones for myself and one of them was 20 pds, once I got there, I promised myself new sneakers. So, guess who's going shopping this weekend! Oh, by the way Neesy, I love your pic (so pretty). Is this with your recent weight loss? Because your face sure looks thinner.

Anyway, I am doing a 5k walk tomorrow, which I am looking forward to. My next goal is doing the Disney Marathon. I know, its crazy. When I first started my journey, I never had plans for a maraython but now, more than ever, I am doing a lifestyle change and I am SO inspired to push myself harder and harder.

Well, I hope everyone else is doing well. I want to point out to everyone since we are all creeping up on our first mini goals that - we will plateau. Its a given, its just the facts. DON'T GIVE UP. It will last for a few weeks (I'm sure) and then your body will start to accept your weight loss plan again and you'll start losing again. Just allow yourself that time. I KNOW that once I get under 200, in fact, probably the next 2-3 weeks, I will more than likely not lose anything and I am ready to accept that, I'm ready to accept that challenge.

Ill touch back later, see ya.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:32 AM   #447  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Hello Everyone.

All of you sound like your doing great! I am inspired ;-)

Lindy - Congratulations on 203, you are really close to breaking the 200's!!! I know that will be an amazing feeling. 5K in Orlando? I hope it goes well. I have been wanting to do something like that, but not in good enough shape yet. I was thinking about the Breast Cancer walk in Octoboer maybe.

Kity - Good Luck on Jillians tortore DVD....lol. I have it, but don't think I am ready to tackle it yet. I actually bought the set of all of them, and also need to get a stair stepper too. Anyway, good luck. You WILL burn calories!

Neesy - Your doing great. Your not gaining and will body will catch up in a day or so. Maybe shack it up a bit with a change in workouts or foods. I too am at a standstill........ugh!

OK, I'm stuck and and haven't lost, but I think it is now due to my hormones......yes, the dreaded word......menapause. My cycles are really strange, weird and are really keeping me guessing from day to day. Anyway, I haven't notice my 'shape' is starting to change a bit. I have always heard that women's mid section carries different when they go through this - LOL - great, like I need to have a belly now on top of a fat rear-end!! LOL Oh, well, I am walking today to see if I can 'shake it up a bit' and break my plateau.

Oh, my husband is now trying to lose. Two weeks ago he asked for my help and I have been monitoring his calories and sodium. Get this - he is down 14lbs!!! How unfair is that! He also hasn't started working out. MEN!!!

Hope all of you have a blessed day!

Sandy

blog - www.mygritsconfessions.com
Old 02-13-2009, 09:03 PM   #448  

Hey guys!

Thanks lindy for the prayers and compliment! It's an old picture. It was a year ago, though I was about 220 in that pic. I can't find my usb cable to upload new pics.. But believe me.. once I hit my goal.. I will be flaunting the before/after pics! You are so motivated! Doing a 5k tomorrow! I'm inspired. That is awesome! Go you! You definitely deserve new sneaks!

Hey Grits! Thanks for the encouragement. Don't you just hate how men lose so quickly... not fair! Let's break this plateau!

So.. I just got out of work. It was another hectic day. At least I got my exercise. I don't know if you guys know.. but I'm a nurse and we just moved to a new unit. It is twice as big.. which means twice the running around. Which is good for me. Whatever exercise helps. I'm SOOOOO glad to be off work for the next 5 days. But my schedule is crammed already. I have plans with my husband, aunt, and mom this weekend. AND guess what! They all involve going out to eat. Jeez. I'm going to go and just eat grilled chicken wherever I go. I never realized how many family functions/events all surround food. It's just another thing to test us. I can do it. I really want to see another pound gone before my surgery on monday. Talk to you all later!

Last edited by Neesy_20; 02-13-2009 at 09:04 PM.
Old 02-14-2009, 08:35 AM   #449  
focus on me

Wow, reading my last few posts compared to what this will be-big difference. First of all, I think TOM is on the way...ugh! That would definitely explain my mood swings (usually downward spiral), my out of control eating and just feeling plain ole' blah. I know it's a poor excuse, but it is what it is and I just have to go with the flow.

I have a 3 day weekend for the holiday and I plan on doing my Jillian DVD each day. I HAVE TO! I also have a friend that wants to take me to a new walking trail today.

So, as usual, I've had another revelation....I HAVE to log on here every day so I can keep focused. I haven't been here since last weekend and I had a horrible week. We had a birthday food day at work Tuesday. I ate like a starved animal that was stuck in a tree for a week. And all before lunch time. I didn't eat anything else till the evening and it was a pack of peanut butter crackers. Then last night, I craved something bad-didn't matter what, just as long as it was bad. Does anyone else ever feel like that? I know there are cravings for certain foods, or just to eat, but to want something that you know is bad for you and will set you back? It's self-destructive and I don't know why I wanted to 'hurt' myself like that last night.

Kity - I am up for quitting together. I have a couple others here that want to quit also. I have to remember what it is like to be able to breath and what the smokes are doing to me. I also think that is why we both seem to be having ups and downs with our weight loss. With each others support, I think we can kick it! If you want, you can send me private messages through here about this so we don't bore everyone else...hahaha!

Tiff - You are doing great! So nice that someone noticed. You will look awesome by the time your wedding day gets here.

Neesy - First - love the pic! Second - I think you have the most stressful, hectic days compared to most of us, and you are still making it through. And on top of that, you now have a live-in weight loss buddy. You will do fine this next weigh in. And if it's not what you want to see, I'm sure next week will catch up and blow you away! As to eating out the next few days, if you happen to go to O'Charley's I can highly recommend the terriyaki chicken with pineapple over (brown?) rice and steamed broccoli (500 cal/6g fat/600 sod) - very yummy. Also, we will be thinking of you and you dad Monday. My aunt had lap band and she has lost lots of weight since August, I think about 50-60 lbs.

Sandy - Darn you husband! LOL! It's great that you also have a live-in weight loss buddy. He should keep you on track and you will lose even more.

Lindy - 5K walk?!?! Wow! I hope I have half your energy once I get my butt back into gear. You are bound to get under 200 after that. Sweet!

Vicky - on your 20 this weekend! But I know you don't need it, you will do it!

Burgundy - 10 lbs...YAH!

OK, now that I'm caught up and seen everyone's progress, I feel like I can take on the world. Yes, I HAVE to come here every day or I just lose it (that is, my mind not the weight...LOL!).
Old 02-14-2009, 02:51 PM   #450  

Hey Chickadees!

I am in a GREAT MOOD TODAY. I did my 5k walk this morning and boy was it invigorating. I did not weigh myself today, because I decided to just hold off till tomorrow. I usually like to weigh myself first thing in the morning, once I am out of bed and havent eaten anything. Well, after my 5k, I had a BIG breakfast, so I figured, lets just hold off a day. On a separate note, something very interesting is happening to me. My body is rejecting A LOT of fatty, greasy foods. Last night I went out to the Ale House with one of my friends. I ended up ordered the sampler appetizer for my dinner because I couldnt make up my mood. WELL...I didnt want to finish even half of the food and some of it was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO greasy, I didnt even touch it. Needless to say, there was plenty left over, so I told my friend to pack it up and take it with her because I knew I would not want to eat it at home either. So, this is very exciting and gratifying. In addition, I did not drink soda when I had the opportunity to do so, so once again...yay for me.

Neesy - enjoys your 5 days off (minus the surgery), it sounds like it is some much needed rest.

Mgrits - ugh, I really hate men sometimes. My husband has cut back on his eating habits and he has lost 15 pounds in like 2 weeks. And I would normally say its water weight, but you can see it in his stomach and face...grrrr. lol. Its good that you have the support though. Good idea on your thought process of "shaking things up". The key is to trick your body and keep it guessing, so it sounds like your right on track. So, whats the deal? Did you finally lock up Martha in your closet? lol, I havent heard many stories about her lately.

Takeadeepbreath-good luck with your Jillian DVD. Aside from our forum, Ive heard a lot about this DVD in other forums and how it works. I personally am not a DVD person, no matter what it is, I get bored easily, but I wish you good luck on trying to accomplish it (apparantly it is very hard).

Well- I'll be checking in tomorrow when I weigh in. Hopefully I can put down a goal number (FINGERS CROSSED FOR 200). Good luck to everyone else and HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!
Closed Thread