Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 11:05 AM   #421  
This IS it...

S/C/G: 350.2/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

I'm baaaaaaaack!!!! We left Friday night at like 6:30 and drove straight through and got back at 1:30 yesterday afternoon. We then ran a few errands and got in bed at 6pm and slept through til this morning. 19 hours of straight driving is NOT fun. The dogs behaved though and they slept in the back seat the whooole night, only getting out for potty breaks a few times. We hit Atlanta at 4:30 in the morning, which for those of you have taken any road trips in the south, is like the best time, so there was no traffic.

On to weight topics...I was absolutely shocked when I got on the scale this morning. I only gained 1.6 lbs!!!! I know that it will be gone immediately when I start working out again and eating right. I did not end up eating too well on my trip and didn't exercise too much either, other than that long walk in the snow where I fell down multiple times and a couple frolics in the snow with the doggies and then a couple walks down the street. But yaaaay I am soooo happy that I didn't gain much on vacation!

Neesy: that is so awesome that you have lost 14 lbs!! I bought the new shoes before I lost weight. My old pair was giving me such bad blisters that I had to get a new pair, and reebok outlet was having a bogo 1/2 off sale, so I got two! One pink pair and one teal pair. But I loooove my teal pair because it is soo cushiony

Take a deep breath: awesome job on those 6 lbs!!! No, I missed the heat wave up north and instead got the heat wave down here which means high 70's. I think I would have rather had the heat up there!

Burgandy: I hope you got your Wii this morning! They are so much fun!

Neesy: After my vacation, we are equal in weight loss! 25 lbs a piece! No offense, but I hope to beat you in that!
Old 02-08-2009, 04:12 PM   #422  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

SO YAY , I got my Wii Fit this morning and have already done an hour on it and plan on doing some more tonight. I was so excited. There were only 3 other ladies there waiting to get one this morning with me. I havent tried the 30 Day Shred yet, but I may do it tomorrow. As for my weight loss, since exercise has been nonexistent for me the last few weeks, I maintained at 228. Just glad I didnt gain any. So now, hopefully, with the wii fit and 30 day shred, I can get out of the 220's soon.

Neesy-25 lbs, I wish I was there, you are doing a great job.

Cruebratt- Welcome, you will love it here.

Lindy-Doesnt it feel awesome when people start noticing when you are losing. I hope to start shedding more lbs and inches so people notice, that will keep me going in the right direction. 14 lbs is great, hopefully I will catch up to you soon.

Takeadeepbreath-Great job with losing the 2 lbs. It seems like I am always cleaning and I count that as calories burned. Keep up the good work.

Maddiesmom-Once you are feeling better the lbs should start coming off again. Just get plenty of rest and drink lots of water.

Tiff- We take trips from Michigan to Alabama all the time, but have only driven straight through a few times, it takes a lot out of you. Its great you didnt gain much. Once you start those workouts again, it will drop right off.

I am off to clean, make dinner and then get back on my wii fit tonight, I am loving it. Have a great evening ladies and keep up the good work.
Old 02-08-2009, 07:17 PM   #423  
focus on me

OK, I went to Kmart to get the Jillian 30 Day Shred and they didn't have it, but they had the Jillian Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism so I got that. I watched the whole thing before starting any of it. It made me wanna jump up and work out while I was watching. So, I wanted to see what I can do, because I actually remember doing this kind of stuff a long time ago - I always felt like I had power after I did it.

I found out that I'm not as good as I would like to be. On a scale of 1-5, 1 being 'Wow, I want to be JUST LIKE Jillian!!' (picture stars in the eyes while this is being said) and a 5 being 'I could teach Jillian a few things' I have decided that I am at a 00-yes folks, those are 2 zeroes you see-just so I can get my point across. Holy crap! I thought I was gonna flat line in my living room. I knew I was out of shape, I mean really out of shape, but oh my gosh-this is just horrible. And as a result, I am ACTIVELY working on quitting smoking instead of just saying I have to quit. I did not buy a pack this evening to get me through the night and through work tomorrow. No. I have 5 or 6 left and they are gonna last until they are gone. Then I'm gonna suffer through the habit of wanting a smoke, and suffer some more. But all the while reminding myself of what it felt like to be exhausted and sweating after the WARM-UP portion of the video...yeah I said it, the warm-up...and then I did the 1st circuit...yeah, then I thought I was gonna die...oh yeah, cool-down...HA! I call that a COLD shower, not stretches.

I am so disappointed in myself for letting myself get to this. But it's like the windows of my eyes have been wiped of all the grime and I can see clearly. I just have to make sure I keep them clean.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:48 AM   #424  
This IS it...

S/C/G: 350.2/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

After the gym, my vacation weight was gone and then some! Already updated the ticker because I was so excited. I know, I am waaaay to obsessed with the scale, but I think it helps me stay focused. Just had to tell someone other than my fiance, who has already heard how happy I am about it like 3 times.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:30 AM   #425  
focus on me

burgundy - that is AWESOME! like you said, it doesn't matter how many times you look at the scale. as long as it keeps you focused and on track, then it is something that works for you. congratulations for hanging in there and sticking with it!
Old 02-09-2009, 08:15 AM   #426  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Height: 5'6"

Tiff- I'm up for the challenge!! haha=)
Old 02-09-2009, 01:12 PM   #427  
【☆ Chloe ☆】

S/C/G: 205.5/179/130

Height: 5'3.5"

HI GUYS! I'm sorry I haven't updated with everyone but anyway I will try in the next post. This weekend is such a bad one ^^;;; I had weekend work **which is not my favorite** and a lot of things happened for the past few days.

Thursday I had work, one of my residents made me cry. T-T .... cos she's a newly admitted old lady and she is EVIL! She is very resistent and very agitated that even if I humbled myself more than I usually am, she won't still budge. I had a hard time changing her for bed and all. I kept telling her she's lucky at least someone is willing to take care of her. She went silent especially when I started crying a bit but until the end, she didn't give up making my life miserable. But she's better yesterday, still resisted but better.

That morning by the way, I went to Kohl's and Marshalls to search for the boots I am going to wear for my cosplay in Anime Expo. But the particular style I was looking for...is zero. Though out of curiousity....I went to check out some pants because I honestly haven't checked my right size now. I was a size 16 and even if I had belt on, its still loose and I can easily pull it down LOL! So I tried 14....cos I thought I might have lost 2 jean sizes.....BUT NO! You know what size fit me? A SIZE 12! From size 16 to size 12!! That is pretty amazing! So happy! But I still didn't get new ones LOL!

Friday - went to Chicago to renew our Philippine passport. bad and frustrating day....got so angry with how strict they are with the passport photo ids...you dont wanna know >_> But we went to Chinatown for lunch! OMO dimsum so delicious as always! Yeah I broke my healthy eating.....and ate a lot of rice as well. Oh well its been a long time as well ^^ and I got some yummy goodies from Aji Ichiban...wahhh now I am missing Hi-chew!

The weather here in Illinois has been pretty nice! Better than the past few weeks! Woohoo! it's still in thr 40s though it reached 60s days ago! WAHHH and the snow is melting woohoo i can see the grass xDD Oh and I got my rewards for achieving my 1st mini goal months ago.... Circle lenses!! YEHEY! Cos my one pair dried up after a year and a half.... TT-TT I love those...but I got new ones ^^

**sorry for my horrible eyes ahahaha xD first one is gray and other one is blue...i love the blue contacts ^^ subtle...and there is really an enlarging effect...weeee rewards rewards~ i cant wait to hit 176 so i can buy the keyboards ive been wanting to get**

Hope you guys are doing okies!! ^^ dont give up!!
Old 02-09-2009, 04:39 PM   #428  

Tiff-Good job taking the vacation weight off. I was like you and got excited when the scale had moved this morning and updated my ticker.

Take a deep breath-I got the 30 day shred for 10 bucks at kmart. I think anything by Jillian is gonna kick your butt, she is awesome. Thanks for the encouraging words.

Pixie-Its so exciting fitting into smaller clothes. I have been trying on some of my clothes that I havent worn since last year and they are fitting again. Way to go.

I was looking at fitday last night and my old weights and the lowest I have been in 4 years is 195. I am ready to be there again. People were always commenting on how much I had lost and it felt great. Just a little over 30 lbs. Hopefully now that I have my wii fit and its warming up outside so I can get out, I will start dropping more lbs. I just had to update my ticker, since I lost a lb. I was too excited to wait all week until Sunday. Have a nice evening everyone.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:33 PM   #429  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Height: 5'5

Tiff - Congratulations on your weight management while on vacation! Your an inspiration!!

Pixie - Size 12! WOW!! Awesome. Your almost there! WooHoo!!

Neesy - Your doing good and I'm envious you met your 215! That's what I am trying to do! Ok, the race is on - I need to catch up!! LOL

I'm doing good, and have more motivation as now my husband is trying to lose. I am helping him keep his sodium and calories down, so now I have a new challenge with him!! LOL

I worked out on my Pilates Chair - Evil Martha! LOL She just about killed me today, so I think tomorrow she will stay locked in her room.

Have a great evening!

Sandy

blog - www.mygritsconfessions.com
Old 02-09-2009, 11:33 PM   #430  

Mygrits-Thats so funny about your pilates chair. Evil thing.

I was gonna do the 30 day shred tonight and I put it in the PS3 and it would not play. So I took it out and there are like 5 dents on it. I plan on taking it back tomorrow, there was one left, I am hoping it is still there so I can exchange it. I really wanted to try it out tonight. Oh well. I will try to check in tomorrow, its my husbands birthday tomorrow, so we have a busy fun filled day planned. I might have a bit of cake, but I'm not sure yet. He is into Star Wars, so I had a light saber cake made for him.

Have a great night everyone.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:32 AM   #431  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Height: 5'6"

Rayne-Good luck with the temptation. You can eat anything you want.. in moderation=) You're almost to your ten pound mark!!! YAY!

Grits-You'll get there! I'm envious of how much you have lost so far. WOW!

Pixie-
Love the contacts! Your eyes are beautiful! & Size 12 is awesome!!! I would love to be there! I was a size 18/20...now I'm a tight size 14..comfortable size 16. You are an inspiration girl!

Breath-You'll get there in time. and I hope you can kick the cigarette habit. I've been trying for years with my mom... but of course she is like 105lbs. and she says she gains weight when she's off of them. Jeez... You can see I don't have her genes.

Tiff-I'm completely obsessed with the scale also. It's the first thing I do every morning. The second thing is to come on here and change my ticker! It really keeps me motivated.

Lindy
- Addicted to exercising? Who would've thought! =)

Well.. I'm feeling pretty accomplished today. But I also feel like I have a long way to go. Usually.. when I lose 20lbs every year.. I feel ecstatic and beautiful and then just stop dieting. But, now I feel like I still have a lot to work and still don't feel thin enough. So..I'm going to stick with it. It helps having goals and all of you!

Last edited by Neesy_20; 02-10-2009 at 10:34 AM.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:40 AM   #432  
Kelly

S/C/G: 190/see ticker/130

Hi Everyone!! I miss chatting with all of you. I feel like a stranger, now, it's been soo long it seems!!LOL

I was reading through the posts, it looks like EVERYONE is doing GREAT!! Congrats to all of you. I am not doing soo well here. My bday goal, I know thats GONE!! I just have to except that, and let it go which I have.I did horrible this past weekend, I went to my sister in laws baby shower, pasta heaven!! I was planning on eating prior to going but ended up not having time, instead I went to visit my grams since my dad was in town and she was not doing so well she just got a pace maker put in and was in nursey home for a month. So it had been some time since I had seen her and at the time that seemed like the place I needed to be instead of planning out my meals. (deep down I wish I would have known I was going to grams so I could have allowed more time) So I totally indulged at pasta heaven. And I am thinking since I was trying that 21 in 7 diet, which is basicaly no whites, breads, pasta, potatoes, carbs pretty much. That once my body got them they are holding on STILL with all they got!!! I know it sounds dumb. But I have been drinking water like crazy and I am up about 6 pounds. I am soo ashamed and upset that I am just not taking well. I had a bad night last night at work, I was given an informal notice for my "stats". I know it's because I have the I don't care attitude there. THe job is just burning me out. The only reason I have it is for the health insurance. I have a 3 and 6 yr. old and insurance is important to me.

I am sorry. I have not been here for so long and then I just dump all my crap out there. Sorry but I needed to vent a lot!! Thanks for being there. I truely have missed being on here, I am just SOO busy.

Take a deep breath: Regarding the smoking. If it makes you feel any better I am a curretn smoker and my goal date to quit is MArch 1st. I heard they are going to be over $5 a pack on April 1. The only reason why I picked Mar 1st. I know I am going out for my bday and will want to smoke, I just don't want to set myself up for failure. We could try to quit together

I am looking for any recipes desperatly that anyone has. I have that superbowl chilli with no beans I will be trying this week. I loved the turkey burger recipe, maddiesmom, I think We eat them about once a week!! LOL
I seriously need to do something. I am really down on myself and ragged already with lack of sleep. I am trying the calorie counting, SERIOUSLY

I think with my weight I am supposed to be at 1600 per day, is it better to do 1400 or 1500 per day if able??

What is Jillian 30 day shred?? Is it worth buying??

Please any assistance is welcome. Again sorry to vent SOO MUCH!! I really need some advice.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:41 AM   #433  
Kelly

S/C/G: 190/see ticker/130

I weighed in this morning as was at 175 so it's coming back down, just taking too long, and I am too ashamed to change the ticker
Old 02-10-2009, 12:10 PM   #434  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Kity: Don't be too hard on yourself, this too shall pass. Everyone has those weeks where they don't lose, or eat something that makes them retain water. If you are too hard on yourself, you will give up. DON'T GIVE UP!!! WE ARE HERE FOR YOU!!!

The 30 Day Shred is a workout DVD by Jillian Michaels. It says you can lose up to 20 pounds in 30 days. I have it myself, but have yet to take it out of the wrapper! I heard it kicks your butt, and Amazon had a tons of good reviews on it, so I bought it thinking it was worth a try (like all the other work out DVD's I have bought in the past...that are still in the DVD cabinet, with dust on them!)

I found a cabbage soup recipe, that is supposed to help burn fat and lose weight. It's a hearty soup, and it actually tastes good. It's less than 100 calories a serving. I believe it's a soup that is similar to what they give morbidly obese patients to help them drop weight (so I've heard):

THIS IS SCALED TO 5 SERVINGS:

INGREDIENTS
1-2/3 carrots, chopped
1 onions, chopped
2/3 (16 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes, with liquid
1/3 large head cabbage, chopped
1/3 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
1/3 (15 ounce) can cut green beans, drained
2-2/3 cups tomato juice
2/3 green bell peppers, diced
3-1/4 stalks celery, chopped
1/3 (14 ounce) can beef broth

Place carrots, onions, tomatoes, cabbage, green beans, peppers, and celery in a large pot. Add onion soup mix, tomato juice, beef broth, and enough water to cover vegetables. Simmer until vegetables are tender. May be stored in the refrigerator for several days.

I was the one that posted the turkey burger recipe...I love them too! It's 60 degrees in Chicago today, so I'm grilling outside!

Pixie: Great job on the size 12!!! I can't wait until I'm there as well. I am in a 22 (they are a little loose, but the 20's are a little too tight), down from a 24, so that's progress for me! Glad I kept my old jeans!

I'll check in again later! Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 02-10-2009, 04:13 PM   #435  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Neesy, thanks for your kind words. I know I'll get there, what is aggrevating is I was there a couple of years ago, and due to alot happening last year, I put a lot back on. So, dare I say 'here I go again?' LOL

Kity, I remember that recipe from 18 years ago when I worked in an office!! Wow, I didn't know that was still around. A friend of mine brought it in the office and then I went hope and made it a couple of times. It did taste good, but the cabbage caused......gas....(oops). So, I gave it up.

Well, got my miles in today walking, and tomorrow is the 'evil Martha'. I tell you that chair really does give you a serious Ab, Arm and Butt workout.

Have a great day everyone!

Sandy

blog - www.mygritsconfessions.com
Closed Thread