Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 08:32 AM   #226  
focus on me

Height: 5'3"

Morning ladies! Hope everyone's weigh in goes well today.

So, yesterday I 'cheated' and weighed myself. I was down 2 lbs. This morning I weighed in and it's only 1 today. GGGRRRR..... I soooo want to put that I lost 2, because I feel swollen in my fingers this a.m. and I know it's just water and that 2 is probably true. But the scale says 1, so that's what I'm putting. I look at it like this-once this water goes away, I will have a 1 lb. jump start on next week!

I had dinner last night with one friend at Tumbleweed and then drinks with 2 other friends after dinner. I did pretty good on dinner. I ordered 6 oz sirloin and they gave me a filet for the sirloin price! Someone flubbed, but I don't mind. I had a salad and baked potato with it. The dressing was chipotle ranch, but I used my fork to drizzle it over my salad. I didn't even use half of what they gave me. Now the potato-I did use butter. But again, considering what would have normally ate there (burrito with queso sauce), I did very well. I also had 1 long beach with dinner.

Then when I met my other friends, I had 2 long beaches. So my guess is that the dressing and drinks are what have me swollen. Plus the fact that I haven't been getting as much water in me as I usually do. It's hard to drink water when it's so cold. I tend to drink more coffee.

As so my goal for today, I have 1 of 2 meals put together for the week-turkey meatloaf. I'm going to go through my recipes and make my 2nd meal for the week. I have an awesome recipe for tomato chutney chicken, but don't think I have all the ingredients.

Anyway, I will check back through the day to see how everyone has done.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:59 PM   #227  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Take A Deep Breath: Hey, one pound is one pound, so maybe next week, after the water is gone from your system, you'll be down 2 or 3!

I'm down another 2.6 pounds, which is a total of 12.2 pounds since the beginning of the year! I'm proud of myself, just have to keep working at it. I'm still sick with my horrible cold, so I'm hoping that it will leave soon. I hate feeling so tired.

Have a great weekend ladies!
Old 01-18-2009, 02:01 PM   #228  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Lindy: Don't worry about the drinks, it's not like you're doing that every day. I was up three pounds after eating at the steakhouse on Thursday, so I drank A LOT of water to help flush it from my system, and as I said in my previous post, I was down 2.6. So water weight does make a huge difference!
Old 01-18-2009, 03:36 PM   #229  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Thanks for the support ladies. Well, after 2 bad days, I got on the scale today and thought that maybe I gained weight and if not, at least maintain, well...drum roll, please...I LOST 1.5 pounds. So now I'm down 7.5 pounds - yay!

AND, my dad stopped by today to give me my birthday present and I got a Wii Fit! Even more good news. I cant wait to weigh in next week. I intend on sticking to my program, playing with my Wii Fit and having no cheat days.

I hope everyone else is doing as well and keeping with their program.

Take care!
Old 01-18-2009, 03:41 PM   #230  

S/C/G: 246/238/146

Height: 5 ft 3 in

I am doing WW and it seems to be working. I have tried it before and It really worked. Counting is a pain, but the new online tracker is a breeze...It keeps up with everything. Good luck what ever you choose.

Down 6# since 1/1/09
Old 01-18-2009, 07:14 PM   #231  

Hi Danielle-welcome. I did weight watchers and was super successful on it, I lost like 60 pounds relatively quick (sticking to the program with my minimum points). I feel the same way, counting was pain but the online weight loss system is great. They have so many great recipes and tips too. Good luck, 6 pounds since 1/1/09 is impressive.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:19 AM   #232  
focus on me

For the record, I was curious this morning, and I am down that other 1 lb from yesterday. yah!
Old 01-19-2009, 06:20 PM   #233  
Kelly

S/C/G: 190/see ticker/130

Wink

Hello to all and welcome to those who are new. I have not been on here in several days. I miss all of you. I didn't realize how much I cout on this support until I was not able to go online, that really ssucked. I am soo happy for all or you who are loosing, that's great!! I am really excited!!
I went out on Saturday night for my cousins bday party had way too much to dink, I did go out to dinner as well and she picked a pasta place so I was stuck with all that pasta and bread. I love bread. But I will say NORMALLY in the past, I would over eat and keep eating until I was soo bloated I thought I would bust a button on my pants. Since I started this forum, granted it's only been about 2 weeks. I have learned to eat slowly, watch what I am eating, and take time to look at the label before eating. Also, when I am ful I am full. I know it may not seem like much, But I have lost that overall bloatyness that I had for a very long time, that was so uncomfortable. It was just extra water weight, but let em tell you it was very uncomfortable and my clothes weren't fitting, it totally was not fun. now I am feeling better about this and really trying to eat less at one time, and make smarter choices. I sometimes don't always make the right choices, in those cases, I do my best to at least eat less. And just keep telling myself to try better and keep going. I have not weighed in since last Thursday, and I was down a total of 3 pounds. So I will weigh in tomorrow morning to see where things stand I am hoping not too bad. I know when I don't check in on here I seem to not do as well as I know I can. So I will be around more as I need your support through this. As I will try to be on here and more spportive for all of you. Hope everyone is having a good start of the week.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:58 PM   #234  

Hi Kity:

It sounds like you have really educated yourself. I am so happy to hear you are doing well, hopefully when you weigh in later in the week, you will see some sort of weight loss with how well you are handling your "old" bad habits. Anyway, glad to hear your back. It seems like some people are logging on less and less, I will stick around until the end. Hopefully your with me.

Take care!
Old 01-19-2009, 08:10 PM   #235  
focus on me

Kity - I know what you mean about being lost without this forum and the ladies in it. While I'm at work, I keep a browser window open and refresh it from time to time so I can get through the day to keep on track. Sadly, I can't log in during my work day because with the economy the way it is, they want you at your desk and at it 120%, so 'surfing' is a big no-no. And a woo hoo to you for 'putting the brakes on' at dinner! It's sooo easy to overeat and not notice it because of being used to feeling bad after eating.

Lindy - I agree, I was starting to wonder about everyone. Especially over the weekend, but I figure they'll all come back around and hopefully it will be good news for all!

OK, I have a...strange question. Has anyone ever used Beano? After 2 weeks, my brain finally kicked in and I realized that my beloved oatmeal is what's been giving me gas! HaHa! I just can't give it up, it's so good and no bad crap added to it. It's horrible though, sitting in my cubicle with all the new people coming to me with questions and my insides are knotted up. Just setting myself up for a bad situation, or funny depending on how you look at it. So today I ate the standard oatmeal which has more fat, sodium and sugar in it.

I'm proud of myself because of lunch today. I had a lunch meat sandwich and went to the snack machine to get some baked chips. I just needed something crunchy with my sandwich. Well, they didn't have any and I thought about buying the regular stuff. But I told myself, it wasn't worth the fat and calories and to just eat my banana I brought with me. I also thought about how disappointed I would be with myself right after I ate it. So I ate my banana and had a cup of water with my sandwich and was stuffed. Yah!

I know I'm getting chatty tonight, but I also have to share my dinner recipe with you. This is Delicious! I've made it in the past and love it. And it's easy. Hope you like it!

Tomato Chutney Chicken:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can (16 oz) tomatoes with juice, cut up
1 cup peeled and chopped cooking apple (I used granny smith)
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/4 cup golden raisins
2 Tbs brown sugar
2 Tbs lemon juice (I omitted cause I don't like)
1 tsp grated lemon peel (I omitted cause I don't like)
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt

In large skillet, place and mix everything except chicken. Cook, stirring, over medium-high heat until mixture boils. Sprinkle salt over chicken breasts (I also added fresh ground pepper). Place chicken over tomato mixture. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook, stirring and turning frequentl,y about 15-20 minutes (I turned chicken once half way through cooking time) until chicken is fork-tender. Arrange chicken on serving platter; spoon sauce over chicken.

Servings: 4
Calories: 230 / Fat 4g / Cholesterol 68mg / Sodium 364mg
Old 01-19-2009, 08:40 PM   #236  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Height: 5'6"

Hi Everyone! I've been busy working the past couple of days and haven't been able to check in. It looks like you are all doing so great! And its great to see all the new people on board!

I've been doing pretty good. Getting pretty close to my Jan 31 goal. I think I'll make it okay. Just gotta stick with it. I think I'm beginning to lose again because I've been so active at work. I still need to workout.. atleast on my off days. I'm switching to night shift this week.. so maybe I'll have time during the day. I have definitely noticed a difference lately. My face is looking thinner and my clothes are looking better. My belly doesn't bulge out of my jeans any more. It actually looks like I have a flat stomach. Still have the love handles.. but I'll get there. haha. I've also expanded the amount of clothes that I can wear. I'm digging out some old jeans.. that actually fit now.

Well, I'll catch up more later!
Old 01-19-2009, 10:20 PM   #237  

Hi from FL!

You got another buddy!
Old 01-19-2009, 10:55 PM   #238  

S/C/G: 278/ticker/175

Height: 5'11"

It is great to have so many buddies. I look forward to coming home and reading how everyone is doing. I talk about this site all the time at work.

got rid of my first 5. Yippy. This atkins thing is working. now for the next five. Spent alot of time with a dietician today. That was great. She offered to work with me and help me construct my life plan using the Atkins and a whole foods plan as a model. I am very excited. But for now it is phase one of low carb. My nieces 5th b-day is March 8th and I want to feel good with myself being around my family. I want to actually be in pictures from her special day. I want to feel good and have energy. I want to healthy.

Thanks for all of the support.

take a deep breath---my dad is hooked on Shinerbach. Loves it loves it loves it.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:30 AM   #239  
focus on me

I know I shouldn't weigh each morning, but when I've been doing so well-it's hard not to. So this morning I am down another lb! It keeps me on track and watching what I eat.

Tomorrow at work we are having a food day and I am so nervous. The past 1-2 weeks I feel like I am in control and it feels great. But I know how I have been in the past on food days. I know there will be fruit and veggies, but the will be bad stuff too. I was thinking about making my black bean dip with baked tortilla chips. It take time to make it, but it would help me to be good.

I'll let you know how I do tomorrow night! I also adjusted my ticker, I know it should only be on Sunday, but I just can't help it!
Old 01-20-2009, 11:56 AM   #240  

Morning ladies!

Takeadeepbreath - my husband had taken beano and he said it worked BUT, it was worast for the first 3 days he took it and then it seemed to get a lot better. I love your recipe. I think I have all those ingredients in my house so Im going to try it for dinner tonight - thanks.

Jello - 5 pds is awesome! It sounds like atkins is the plan for you. Its funny, I always said I couldnt do Atkins because I love carbs so much but on my guesstimating calories plan, Im not consuming a lot of carbs anyway.

Neesy - glad to hear from you and your progress. I love when you can start to see your weight loss in your clothes. Im not there yet but will be soon enough. I know for me, I usually have to lose about 25 pds. before I really can see results myself. Im like you, the first place I see it is in my face.

It was super cold this morning (at least for this Flordian), so I didnt walk my 2 miles this morning, but I plan to do my Wii Fit when I get home from work. Yay (still excited).

16...both tc and I live in Florida. What area do you live? Im in Orlando. Whats your plan to lose weight?
Closed Thread