Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 05:29 PM   #211  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Jellofer: Welcome! It is never too late to join. These ladies are wonderful and so very supportive. We'll be here for any questions or venting that you may need!

As for the cold, tell me about it. I live in the Chicagoland area, and thank goodness I'm home with my daughter, I couldn't imagine going out to work in this weather (even though I made it out for dinner last night).

Neesy: Thanks for the kudos. Before this joining you ladies, I really couldn't have imagined having the willpower that I've surprised myself with the past few weeks.

I figured since I'm entering a new "decade" of my life, I thought turning 30 would be the perfect start to my weight loss goal. So far it's worked!

Have a great weekend everyone!!
Old 01-16-2009, 08:15 PM   #212  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Happy birthday maddiesmom and Lindy.

Welcome Jellofer.

I havent checked in in a couple days. I havent weighed either. I am trying to not to be so obsessed with the scale. Today is Friday so maybe I can stay away from it until Sunday morning.

I was going to work out today,but I ate something that has upset my stomach and gave me heartburn. Maybe I will wait and workout tomorrow. I am going to the grocery store tomorrow and my DH wants to go with me. Everytime he goes, he buys junk. I am trying to eliminate the junk in the house!!! Maybe I can keep him away from it all.

Congrats to everyone that lost. Ya'll keep going
Old 01-16-2009, 11:36 PM   #213  
~~~~~~~~~~

S/C/G: 210/207/140

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Hi, newbie here. After reading a few posts in this thread, I'm wondering if I'm the only granny on board? If there's a forum for the over-50 crowd please point me in the right direction. Thank you!
EDITED TO ADD nevermind, I found it! yay! Anyway hello to you all and best wishes for a great 2009!

Last edited by Sissy2009; 01-16-2009 at 11:41 PM.
Old 01-17-2009, 01:49 AM   #214  

S/C/G: 205/198/140

Height: 5'5"

I'll be your weight loss friend. I'm going to start back on "Somersizing". I lost 41 lbs on it after having my son. My start date isn't until this Monday (1/19).
Old 01-17-2009, 07:46 AM   #215  
focus on me

Welcome Jellofer and graphicgirl! I'm not one to open up so quickly, but I've been kinda chatty in here because everyone is SOOOO supportive! I hope you can get something out of it like me.

MaddiesMom - Happy belated! Somehow I missed all the warm wishes for you, sorry!

So, I was going to leave a message last night, but I was too angry, tired and cold to do it. And it would have been a serious rant at my day yesterday. (It's actually kind of funny now and on my blog if you want a good laugh. ) It was a long day and I didn't get a snack after lunch. I didn't eat dinner till 7 hours later and overate pizza at my family get together.

So since I weigh myself tomorrow morning and I had a bad night for eating, I cheated and weighed myself this morning. Things look good right now. So today, no matter what, I will have a healthy food day and get my Sunday goal together (to cook 2 meals for next weeks lunches). I WILL HAVE A LOWER NUMBER TOMORROW! haha!

Maybe I should take my own advice and run a hot bath....
Old 01-17-2009, 01:34 PM   #216  
This IS it...

S/C/G: 350.2/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Wanna know why I am soooo happy? huh huh huh? Well, I'm gonna tell you anyways. When I weighed this morning, I let out a little happy shreek. Because I weighed....drumroll please...329.6. I FINALLY got out of the 330's. I have been soooo close for the last three days, on the edge of 329, and I was just staying the same for three days. But yay! I am finally out of the 330's FOREVER.

The funny part is, that we haven't been to the gym since Wednesday, we almost went last night (we were in the workout clothes and driving to the gym and turned around cause we got in an argument). Went home and talked through it all (mostly just me having a super stressful day). So we were meeting my Mom at the Cheesecake Factory at 8:30 for dinner. So we didn't go to the gym AND we were going to a notoriously high calorie restaraunt. But, I had known this all day...and only had about 450 calories going into dinner. Me and DF split a chicken and biscuits meal that is absolutely heavenly. So I don't really think I did too bad calories wise. My mom got an appetizer of crab ragoons, which I normally like at chinese restaraunts, but these were NASTY. Which is a good thing! And I had one piece of wheat bread that they put out on your table before dinner. I am just thrilled that I controlled myself so well at a restaraunt I love, and I still got something I loved to eat...just split it and didn't eat the WHOOOLE thing. Plus, I didn't have any cheesecake!

On a completely different note:
One of the things that stressed me out so bad yesterday was that I am already extremely overloaded at work because they fired a tax advisor about 3 months ago. When I started a year and a half ago, there were 5 tax advisors with about 200-250 clients each. Now, before yesterday, there are 3 tax advisors with 500+ clients each, and each of the tax advisors have 1-2 assistants(like me) and interns. Yesterday, there was a rumor that 1 of the three tax advisor's had walked out and wasn't coming back. It would be absolutely impossible for two tax advisors to handle 750 clients. I was hired with the intention of someday becoming a tax advisor (I did my internship there and just was hired full time). But I don't want to become one yet, and certainly not one with 500 clients. I just graduated college for goodness sakes and am about to go back to grad school in 4 months and wanted a break! Now, I am not assuming that I am going to get promoted that quickly, but I am not sure if they have any other options if he did in fact quit. We are in an extremely specialized field that it takes a good 6 months to a year to learn all of the rules that we deal with, and it is tax season NOW! So no time to hire a more experienced CPA and train them. All I can hope for is that he did NOT quit and it was just a misunderstanding and life will continue as it was. Only slightly hectic. Sorry for the non-WL related rant but I just had to get it off my chest...

Jeez that was kinda bi-polar...extremely happy to not so happy...
Old 01-17-2009, 02:12 PM   #217  
focus on me

tc - GREAT JOB on dinner, AND getting under the 330 mark! That is freakin' awesome! Be very proud of yourself, I know it's hard to be in that situation and you came through with flying colors.

I am now more determined than ever to do good today and tonight. I'm sure when I get together with my friend, it will be for drinks. So, as much as I HATE - and let me stress that...HATE - 'light' beer (especially domestic-they all taste like ...ummm...pee), I will drink light beer. Or maybe I will just have one of my Shinerbach then light beer.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:31 PM   #218  

S/C/G: 231/ticker/165

Height: 6'1

Hello all!

I could do with a buddy, just starting out properly for the first time, and I know I'm going to need motivating (I get bored very easily!)
Old 01-17-2009, 04:01 PM   #219  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

TC: Congrats on the weight loss, that is awesome!

My "official" weigh in is tomorrow, but I always sneak a peek throughout the week. Considering I ate Chinese on Wed, and went to a steakhouse on Thursday, I'm still down 2 more pounds. Not bad considering I've retained water from the salty food I've eaten and I've been sick all week and haven't had the energy to do much of anything. Luckily I've been counting every calorie, so that has definitely helped.

LucyFM and Graphic Girl: Welcome!
Old 01-17-2009, 05:42 PM   #220  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Welcome graphicgirl and Lucy.

Congrats on getting under 330 tc.

Take a deep breath-you will have a lower number, keep up the good work. I cheated a little too and didnt gain.

I am excited cos I finally have a signature. It seems like it takes forever to be able to put one on here.
Anyways, so I am going to weigh tomorrow. Gotta get a workout in before I talk to my sisters. We have a family chat once week, one sis is in New Zealand, the other in Alabama. We are all trying to lose weight so the weekly talks always help me stay motivated. So do all you ladies. Thanks for all the inspiration. I think I would have given up by now if I was alone in this.

I'll be back tomorrow, hopefully I will lose at least a pound!
Old 01-17-2009, 07:47 PM   #221  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Welcome Lucy and Graphic!

Sorry I havent checked in guys, I have had a busy two days. So yesterday was CRAZY!!!! Just what I thought was going to happen, happened - I drank WAY TOO MUCH! The good thing (or kinda bad thing, you can look at it two ways), I did not consume a lot of calories during the day on Friday, BUT I DRANK.....sssssssssssssssooooooooooooooooooo many martinis. I have NEVER drank so much. We went to this place called the Blue Martini, my friends announced to the DJ that it was my birthday and all the sudden I had like 8 DRINKS sent to my table. I obviously didnt drink them all, I shared with my girlfriends but if I had to guess how many calories I had in drinks, I would say I consumed about 1000 calories, PLUS food, I wish I could say today was a better day but it really wasnt, we had a wedding and I drank soda and punch, had a lot of ham, rolls, and sides (mainly broccoli but not a healthy broccoli). ANYWAYS - Im babbling (surprise, surprise), but I just wanted to vent. I am going to weigh myself tomorrow, I'm kinda concerned to do it, but oh well, the worst thing is, its telling me the truth and I need to get my butt back on the band wagon.

TC - I am so proud of you! Hitting a mark like that is so big, so important. Its kinda funny, I used to have a VERY stressful job and I tried to diet and couldnt because I was so stressed, now I have a job that I LOVE and its easy for me, so...my point is KUDOS to you for tackling a challenging job and sticking with your program.

Maddiesmom - I cant wait to hear how your weigh in is, you'll have to report back to us.

I hope everyone else is having a good day. Im going to call it a night. Ill check back in tomorrow.
Old 01-17-2009, 07:55 PM   #222  

YAY...I finally have the ticker feature on my profile.
Old 01-17-2009, 08:07 PM   #223  

Ok - I can see my tracker on the preview section of my signature, but not when I post. What do I need to do?
Old 01-17-2009, 08:08 PM   #224  

Nevermind...I guess there is a delay.
Old 01-17-2009, 08:18 PM   #225  

S/C/G: 225/180/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi hi hi! I'm new here. Just laying the groundwork for health and support and fitness so decided to say hello before I oficially start my fitness trek.

I'm starting on on Prevention's Flat Belly Diet some time this next week or so when I feel as if my lungs won't burst with every cough (doc said its bronchitis--yay me )

I do have hypothyroidism, so my battle has been two-fold--restructuring my thyroid and then having to retrain my body to be healthy. This past year, I've lost about 45 pounds and my goal is to lose another 45 using the book by Prevention and my brand new rollerblades

I wish all of the rest of you the best of luck in your healthy endeavors.
Closed Thread