Old 03-06-2007, 10:53 PM   #166  
Dieting Diva

I did my four miles today ( yesterday I tried 6 and it about did me in). We went to Subway for dinner and I had a turkey wrap. I stayed on plan- but the lady behind me got a 12 incher with everything on it. I think I got extra calories just from standing in in line .
I am about out of salad stuff and need to make a run to the store. I think the guys are getting meatball soup tommorrow night- which is pretty much no brainer cooking at it's best.
Jennylou- good deal !
Selina- Miss ya honey- come back and chat at us later !
Vega- It's great that you are walking that much !

Ok Susie - I am getting on my helmet and sending you postive vibes ! Let's hope that you wake up with good news.
I need to go get some allergy meds and the remote control.DH has another "late meeting". It's Mommy quiet time...
sirak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 09:14 AM   #167  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Hey girlies! (do we have any guys in here??)

Miss ya'll too. My cable is better but I can't decide if it's like it should be. So anyhoo, going to see my family this weekend. Should be fun. Hope you all have a great weekend if I don't get back here.

I am still doing toning exercises and walking to my new goal of 7500 steps a day. My eating isn't really great, but could be worse.

Hugsssss, Selina, baby is crying
Soon2BFitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 11:35 AM   #168  
Nursing Momma

S/C/G: 312/247/212

Height: 5 ft 7 in

Jenelle - I've been on message boards for year, starting with wedding boards. I actually am a moderator on another board that's a woman's board (and has an intensive FP (family planning) and parenting board). I've got abbreviations for just about everything.

sirak - great job on the 4 miles!

selina - good for you for keeping moving. That will help, I'm sure!

As for me, WI today and I'm down another 4 pounds for a total of 39 pounds! Woot, I'm actually thinking about that 50 pound mark, since I'm so close to it now. It seemed so elusive before, but now it's totally attainable.
jennylou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 03:37 PM   #169  
Dieting Diva

Quote:
As for me, WI today and I'm down another 4 pounds for a total of 39 pounds! Woot, I'm actually thinking about that 50 pound mark, since I'm so close to it now. It seemed so elusive before, but now it's totally attainable.

WOW
WTG ! It's so great to hear that it working out for you.
That's so funny as I was thinking of stopping at 175- but why not 150 ? Six weeks ago I don't think I would have lost this much- but it happens.
I really am working towards size 16 pants, which I will gladly buy.
I just ate a lean cuisine and figured out why I make salads up... It was not really that great and I am still hungry.I am taking the day off from work out and taking a nap instead. I feel tired and not sure if I am coming or going.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:14 PM   #170  
Nursing Momma

sirak - I love the LC brick oven chicken and garlic pizza. Then, I eat a small salad and voila, a meal. Or, if it's something like a pasta, I might add a side of veggies into it. Or else just put them on the side. They definitely are not a whole meal.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:05 AM   #171  

Way to go, Karis for your walking 4 miles [ugh - I would've dropped way before then. ] Keep up the good work!

I haven't walked nearly that far - the most I've tracked was last night when I had my pedometer on and that was 1,500 steps.

I could have went farther but more it's a matter of time and my thinking I have too much other stuff to do, etc.

Selina, hang in there hon - you're doing great with walking [way more than I am, for sure!]

Jenny, woo hoo girl, way to go with losing 4 pounds!! It feels great, doesn't it?!!

I'm still going strong!

I am happy to report perfect eating [though maybe not real well balanced ]

As last week, I'm eating mostly nothing but salads and usually I heat up and cut up a veggie burger in them and those are 160 calories each.

Have cut way down on my fat free/sugar free pudding as well.

Scales aren't budging though 'n I am not sure why.

Those darned plateaus

Maybe I've hit a plateau? I'm not sure but know I haven't lost anything since Monday and it can't be because I'm eating too much.

I know that sometimes they say that you have to have a certain number of calories or your body will think it's starving?

The thing is what I don't get is that when people get weight loss surgery done [my daughter had it done 5 years ago] ...

For quite some time, she barely had any calories a day and she still lost.

Oh well - I'm still gonna continue what I'm doing because I know that it's a basic fact ...

If I keep the calories down and keep going, there is no way that I can't lose, right?

Have a good day everyone, I'll see ya soon!

Love,

Jennelle

P.S. Yesterday afternoon I went to my brothers for a few hours and well, let's just say that there house is the JUNK food capital of Pennsylvania.

When I went in, what was staring at me but donuts and those malt ball easter candy things but ..... I wasn't even tempted in the least!!

In the past, going to their house was comparable to sabataging myself.
Lady Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 12:03 PM   #172  

S/C/G: 252/205/150

I hate it when you work hard and the scale refuses to move. But then sometimes what moves is the tape when you meassure yourself, wich is even better, just have to keep up the good job, I'm wishing I can loose at least one more pound this week
Vega Botain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 03:00 PM   #173  
Dieting Diva

210- all the scale said was 210 this morning. I know I should be happy as it was another three pounds and it's my time of the month- but it's been stuck there since the weekend.
I can say that I have lost twenty pounds, which is nice. Mother and Dad came to lunch today.They are estatic about my diet.My Dad has turned into a cross between Euwell Gibbons ( the grape nuts guy) and Jack Lalane ( the exercise guy from the 60's). He's 69 and going to the health club and cooking for my Mom.
I did good on lunch- grilled chicken breast ( had some in the freezer) salad with pears, walnuts and edam cheese. I peeled and sliced some grapefruit and oranges . I blanched some really nice asparagus and seasoned it with Ms Dash.
I set a nice table and opened the windows for fresh air and they thought they were at a feast ! I live out in the country and the kitchen looks out on my pasture. I have a plum tree that is almost fully budded in white.
I have sticking to the program, but need to get the calories up a bit. Most of the time I am forgetting to eat the mid morning or afternoon snack so I come up short( under 1000). I did not exercise yesterday- just took the day off.
I am going to go for atleast three miles today to keep it going.
Lady J- I know that Easter is a hard time of year- but we still have a couple of bags of chocolate from Valentines Day sitting around. I know I will eat some of it sometime, but keep on telling myself "not today-I've got weigh in next week". That little mantra keeps me from those dieting demons.
I get to change my ticker...YEEEE Hawww !
Old 03-08-2007, 08:07 PM   #174  

Vega, you are so right ... that even if the scale doesn't move, that doesn't mean inches haven't come off.

Of course, I never measure myself [don't wanna scare myself into a heart attack or anything. ] so if I lose those, I wouldn't know it anyways.

Still is a good thought and I'm glad you brought it up [it's encouraging!]

Karis ... wooo hooooo - way to go!! You did good, losing 3 pounds and making it 20 total so far.

See, we're on a roll and are not gonna stop for anything, right?!

Your lunch with your parents sounds like it was really nice too!

As for Easter or candy - as long as I don't have it in my house, I'm safe so I guess it's good that my kids are grown and gone so I don't have to have it here, huh?

Love,

Jennelle
Old 03-09-2007, 06:54 AM   #175  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Default I made it!

Hi All!

I finally made it! I am in ONEderland!!!!

For the last week I have been exercising , drinking water, eating plenty of fiber and logging every morsel into Fitday. LOVE that Fitday! I know now that FOR YEARS I was grossly underestimating the amount of food that I was putting into my body! The food thing probably has been my downfall even more than the lack of exercise. I am NOT letting any more little (or BIG) bites of food get between me and my goal!

OK, now...You guys can do this! I'm proof of that! Even plateaus can be broken! Oh yes they can! SOOOOOOOO...I'm here ! Come on down, gals! I'm rooting for ya!!!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 12:06 PM   #176  

Congratulations Jenny!!

That's just great!! way to go, must feel really great finally be in Onederland, hope we can all join you there soon
Old 03-09-2007, 01:28 PM   #177  

I'm getting a bit nervious about sunday.

I'ts my birthday and I know some friends and family will drop over and I know there's going to be too much food. :S

So I'm planning to help control the damage. I have two good recepies that are low fat but good tasting so I'll try to make dinner myself, that way I can make sure I won't be eating too many calories.

Incluiding the meal and a slice of cake will be around 500 cal, I hope nobody gives me food as gifts, and I asked my family not to bring too many chips or sodas.

Monday morning is weight in and I don't want a disaster hahaha
Old 03-09-2007, 02:35 PM   #178  

Cheryl I am so happy for you!! Way to go - I've got a ways to go yet but hopefully one day soon, I'll be joining you in onederland.

Vega ... Happy Birthday early! It sounds like you're already doing the things you should with planning in advance of the day and I'll bet you make it through just fine.

As for me, I'm still doing really good except I just used the last of my salad so guess I've gotta get to the store between now and supper time.

I weighed myself this a.m. and was at 224 ... I was hoping for less but that's okay, it'll come off.

Vega, I know what ya mean - being here helps me to really tow the line too 'cuz I don't want to have any disasterous Monday weigh-in's either.

Love,

Jennelle
Old 03-09-2007, 03:39 PM   #179  
Nursing Momma

Lady Jenelle - How many salads are you eating in a day? It sounds to me, like maybe you are actually putting your body into starvation mode. Your body does need food!

sirak - your lunch with your parents sounds nice. Where the heck do you live that you can open your windows already? I'm jealous, I'd love to air out my house!

Cheryl - Woot! Onederland! WAY TO GO! I hope to join you later this year (way later, probably).

vega - Good luck on your dinner, and Happy Birthday!

Not much going on here. I'm doing well with my food. My water intake is good, only missed a few ounces one day. But, exercise is my downfall. I really need to get on that band wagon again!

I hope everyone has a great OP weekend!
Old 03-09-2007, 11:59 PM   #180  
Dieting Diva

I'm in Texas dear- where the fruit trees are in full bloom, the daffodils are singing in the sunshine and the little frogs in my garden have started to peek out of thier little hole ! There is 100 acres of rye grass across the road and 60 head of cattle at the end of the street. My two horses are starting to loose their winter coats.
It's not how many salads- but what are you putting in your salads ? I add provolone cheese, deli turkey meat and a boiled egg.Don't forget the spinach as it has more nutrients than lettuce alone. I have had to add a yogurt in the morning and some cottage cheese in the afternoon to get mine bumped up. Fitday keeps me square. You can add some lean protein and it makes a difference.
Congrats again Cheryl
Remember any pound you lose is a one-der-ful one !
I went out and bought another walking tape today in honor of my 100th mile since this all started. I have that good kind of sweat-not that worn out sweat. I only did 3 miles of the new one and one of the old one.
! Feliz Cumpleaņos, Vega !
I think you are doing great planning ahead and getting everyone to cooperate for your party ! Be good to yourself and don't forget to walk !

I am going to the shower-i'm a sticky mess !