Old 05-13-2007, 11:38 AM   #316  

S/C/G: 252/205/150

Hi everyone!

First of all is nice seeing you all again,

Jennelle, happy birthday!!! better late than ever, hope you had a lot of fun ^_^

Karis, you are doing so well with your lost! it's very motivational, keep up the good work!

Well I didn't do too good on my trip as there was so much food everywhere, and lots of little desserts that looked so yummy... anyways, I did have lots of excersice and I managed to only put up one pound in this two last weeks that I haven't doing any diet. But I'm back on the wagon starting today, had my morning 50 min walk, a very good and healthy breakfast and I have almost finished planning all my meals for this week, it seems the more I plan ahead, the less I tend to eat things I shouldn't.

I also promise to come often to visit, you are always a lot of help when I feel like giving up.

I think I'll go make myself a summer goal :P

good luck everyone!
Vega Botain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 11:17 PM   #317  

Way to go, Karis ... I'm proud of you!

Love,

Jennelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirak View Post
Hey Ladies- no chasing the wagon or falling off the wagon this week. I hit my fifty pound mark this morning. Infact I was at 181.6- no .8 or.9- but clearly in 181 " airspace".
Lady J I hope that you stayed on track and are trying to stay on track today. I wanted to take my Mom some lunch and have ended up cooking dinner ( and transporting it to Mom's ) for Dsis and her family also.
I am still going to work out today as yesterday I didn't get much done.
So everyone have a Happy Mother's Day and try to stay on plan !
Lady Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 11:24 PM   #318  

Vega, thanks so much for the birthday wishes!

I had a nice birthday ... didn't do much of anything for it but my daughter, her husband and my grandkids did take me out Saturday night to the Chinese restaurant so that was nice.

I'm right back with you, Vega ... I didn't do too bad this past week but before that?

I fell off the wagon and the darned thing nearly run over me. *lol*

One thing that I probably shouldn't have done is that I bought a loaf of bread last night and that is a downfall for me.

I very seldom ever buy bread ... once in a great while I do buy bagels but eat neither very often anymore [for one thing, it's a big temptation for me.]

I'm hoping that by just adding that to my diet this week ... even if I don't go overboard with it, that I won't end up defeating myself and gaining anyways 'cuz my body isn't used to having it anymore.

Not sure if that come out right or not but ya know what I mean, right?

Karis, how're you doing so far this week? I hope good!

How's everybody else doing and where is everybody?!

I know I've not been good at coming here as often as I should and I'm gonna try to change that ...

Though I haven't been doing too bad with things, I've kind of lost my "spark" that I had when I started and I need to get it back!

Love,

Jennelle
Old 05-15-2007, 09:48 AM   #319  
Dieting Diva

Being 6 pounds away from my July 5th goal is really weird. I know I still need to drop weight after I hit goal- but I am not sure how much. I'm on plan this week and sticking to 181 like glue. It's TOM so I don't really expect a whole lotta change until that leaves town.But after that I am going to let her rip !
sirak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 08:00 PM   #320  
Nursing Momma

S/C/G: 312/247/212

Height: 5 ft 7 in

sirak - you've done an awesome job, congrats on the 50 pound mark.

WI is tomorrow, I hope to see some sort of loss. I feel like I've been at the same spot forever - which is only my fault since I ate OP while visiting family for two weeks. It's amazing that I only gained 2 pounds! So, I've been at the 221 mark for three weeks now - definitely time to break through. I'd love to hit the two-teens tomorrow!
jennylou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 05:04 PM   #321  
Dieting Diva

Well Jenny Lou, I bet that you will be there sooner than later ! At this point you are really close that just staying on plan every day will make a diffference in how well you do !
I hit my new decade this morning. I wish Selena was still around !
I am going to say it this time:"52 pounds is a whole lotta butter". At times the fact that I have lost the weight is strange as I don't feel that different. On the other hand if I shift my feet and see my quads flex I know that I have a different body.
It's just a one-der-ful thing.
I've upped my calories( so people won't be getting after me for being below normal range) and am really working with my little collection of dumbbells and strechies. It's like an evil little weightloss dungeon in there. I can pack it into the coffee table when I am done and that is good for now.
Tommorrow is Farmer's Market Day. Can I pick anyone up an extra flat of strawberries or some early corn ? My neighbor had her squash come in early and I had 8 or so yellow squash which I am hording. I have one stalk of my corn that is begining to tassel. I will be soon waiting with the pot of boiling water for it to ripen.
I hope everyone has a great weekend ! Remember that Monday is a fresh week to get things back together again !
Old 05-21-2007, 08:57 AM   #322  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirak View Post
Can I pick anyone up an extra flat of strawberries or some early corn ? My neighbor had her squash come in early and I had 8 or so yellow squash which I am hording.
Karis, I guess it's too late but I'd love some strawberries and squash! *lol*
Old 05-21-2007, 09:10 AM   #323  

Good Morning!

Well gals, I managed to lose the 4 pounds that I had gained a few weeks ago so am now back down to the lowest I've been in years which is 214.

Now since I'm back to that - I'm going to press on and try to lose 2 more pounds by next Monday!

Karis, wow - you're only 6 pounds off from a July goal you set? That is awesome!!!

I've only lost 31 pounds so far ... I don't mean I only lost it and it isn't alot but I mean, I haven't lost what you have anyways ...

What I'm trying to say is that even though I've lost the 31 pounds, I don't feel a whole lot different either.

Others seem to notice the weight loss but when I look in the mirror, I really can't see it ... is that weird or what?

And as for you, young lady ... having lost 52 pounds, well - I don't know what to say except that I am so proud of you!

Jenny, how did your weigh-in go this past week?

I know what you mean that - since you were with family, etc. that it would be amazing if you only gained 2 pounds 'cuz at times like that, it sure isn't easy not to over-do it.

Where is everybody else at these days?

Guess I shouldn't say anything about it since I have been missing in action far to often myself. *lol*

Not sure WHAT I'll have to do in order to post more regularly again.

Maybe what I should do is to put it on my desktop calendar that I check every morning and that way I'd remember to do it.

I may try that!

Love,

Jennelle
Old 05-21-2007, 04:41 PM   #324  
Dieting Diva

Hey Lady J !
We might be the only once still standing once this dance is done !
Two pounds would be good for both of us. I can't ask for much more with me eating more protein ( there seems to be fats always attached to the protein).
I am almost out of strawberries and the corn looked a bit dry at market. The tomatoes were great- the guys had some with roast and gravy last night. I stuck to my plate of greens with chicken breast. My little old cucumber man was there again( thought he might have passed over the winter). I took a moment to flirt with him and make him smile. All together it was a great trip !
It's a lonely world out there- but someone has to diet.
Good luck Lady J and the rest of the racers !
Karis
Old 05-21-2007, 04:57 PM   #325  
Ilerjo

S/C/G: 268/191/146

Height: 5'7"

Default Yes,Yes,Yes,I would love to join in!

That is such a great ideal! I would like to be 199 by Aug.11 my 51st.birthday!
IlerJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 09:43 PM   #326  

S/C/G: 252/205/150

Hi girls!

Congratulations to all of you who lost pounds this week! Jenelle, way to go on those 4 lb!! is great!!

I had my WI today and I lost 2 pounds, wich isn't bad at all considering I ate some cookies during the week, and didn't go walking as much as I would have liked, but that's ok, as long as I loose another pound or two this week, I really want to reach my mini goal, I haven't been there since... well maybe college.

Wish me luck! and good luck to all of you, we're getting closer!
Vega Botain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 09:15 AM   #327  
Dieting Diva

Well Vega it is so good to see you ! I will wish you luck and send some postive diet vibes your way. Just grab some strawberries or melon instead of cookies !
Mangos are starting to come in here( from Mexico I guess)- but I have had to refrain from getting very many as they are full of carbs. I love em ! I make ice cream with them. I put them in a fruit salad with green grapes, ginger and honey. I didn't get fat eating just chips- it was healthy things too !

IlerJo- We are always glad to see new faces !

Nothing moved this morning on the scale. I had a slow end of month last month. I hope that this is not going to drag me down again. I did take some measurements early on in the month.I also abducted a pair of size 9 junior capris from my daughter's closet that I can button. At this point they make me look like a stuffed sausage. She can't wear them- but I hope to make them mine by Father's Day.
Size nine seems so surreal. I still have all my fat clothes in the closet. It would be empty otherwise except for the one pair of jeans and some shirts. I hope to buy some stuff after Memorial Day and then the Fourth of July sales.
I am still losing some and intend tp try to drop another twenty or so.
We shall see.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:53 AM   #328  

Height: 5'8

iam almost there! lol yea right 22 lb more but still!! lol.
pinupdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 10:48 PM   #329  

Welcome IlerJo! I'm so glad that you joined us.

Hey, we're close to the same age 'cuz I just turned 51 on May 8th!

How's everyone else doing? I hope good!

As for me, I'm doing okay but the diet part could be doing a little better

[yep, I went and had 2 long johns today. UUUUGH, I am soooo weak at times. ]

I had a thought today that I wondered if anyone else would be up for or not ...

What if we were to start a new thread on one of the boards each day and have it called "Just for today ..." and then we can list the one thing we will NOT do that day and ... the one thing that we WILL do that day.

Such as if I were to post tomorrow morning, it'd be something like:

Just for today I will not touch a long john [which as you know is my major downfall ...]

And the other would be ... just for today I will walk 1,000 steps.

You know, something such as that ... is anybody else game for this?

I'm thinking that it would make me feel way more accountable if we had a thread for this for each day and we all posted on it, whatcha think?

Love,

Jennelle
Old 05-23-2007, 11:09 PM   #330  

Hey gals, I just started a "Just for today" thread and here's the link if you're interested and want to post there too.

I changed my mind and guess it'd be best to just post on that one thread every day like we do on this one but then to just put the date on our post for that day.

Hope to see you there [of course I'll be here yet too!]

Love,

Jennelle