Old 02-18-2007, 07:28 PM   #106  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone,
I made it to the Y for a 30 minute cardio workout today. I have not had any soda today. I usually drink only water but in the past few weeks I have gotten into the habit of having a soda daily so today I wanted to make a goal not to have one.

I need to start writing down my food so I am aware of what I'm eating.
I think I will make those two things my goals this week. No soda and write down my food.

Thanks to those that posted this weekend--the posts keep me inspired.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 10:30 AM   #107  

My Weekly Weigh-In

Well gals ... no loss this week for me, but ... Praise the Lord, no gain either!

Whew - I was sweating that one out 'cuz I sure didn't want to gain back and pound and ...

I didn't want to have to change my weight ticker thing and have to add a pound back to it either.

So, for now all is good and I'll have to try a little harder this week because next week I am determined to lose atleast something!

married2asoldier, I'm so sorry that your dh broke his nose [ouch - that had to have hurt!]

At the same time though, I'm so glad that it was done during a football game and from nothing worse.

Another Goal?

I'm debating on whether to set another goal or not right now [a mini-one, maybe] ...

Well, wait a minute - since this isn't as close to the end of the month as I had first thought, I might do that after all.

Okay ... I will! My mini-goal is going to be - to lose 6 pounds between now and St. Patrick's Day [my oldest granddaughters birthday!]

Yeah - I can do this!

Susie, good for you with getting to the Y for your workout and also for making a choice not to drink sodas [you can do it!]

My week coming up

This week is going to be a hectic one around here ...

I've got a Dr.'s appointment on Wednesday and then on Thursday we have our inspections.

I know that probably doesn't sound like much but believe me, both of those things really stress me out [and wear me out!]

As soon as I post this, I'm going to get up and get my notebook out to record stuff I eat in and so forth.

I find that if it's stuck in a drawer somewhere that I sometimes forget to use it and this week I definitely want to write everything down.

Have a good day, friends!

I hope you all have a good day and I'll see ya soon!

Love,

Jennelle

Sheesh - I think I figured out why sometimes I procrastinate in coming here to post.

I feel like I have to write an entire book everytime I come here.

Last edited by Lady Jennelle; 02-19-2007 at 10:45 AM.
Lady Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 11:49 AM   #108  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

Good Morning LAdies. I finally broke my freaking stall. YAY. I upped my calories from the 1400-1600 range and started trying for 1600-1800, increased my water and worked out 5 days last week. I feel fantastic!! I weighed in this morining at 220! w00t!!!!

that gives me 21 to fantabulous ONEderland! I was looking at the spread sheet I made and my weight so far this month is 10 pounds. I'm figuring I've got another pound or two this month and then it'll slow down again. It's almost like that sudden whoosh you get when you first start dieting that keeps you motivated, yanno?

Congrats to everyone who has or is hitting their goals, be it water, working out or calories. WE CAN DO THIS LADIES!!
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 12:55 PM   #109  

Hi Ladies,
Just trying to pull some loose ends together today before I start my new job tomorrow.

I do have another interview today to go to. Maybe they will offer me a job as well. This one starts at a lot more than the one I"m starting tomorrow.
I'm keeping my options open.

I haven't written down anything that I've eaten today and I need to do it...I like the whole "Bite it, write it" thing...very catchy and I think if I say it in my head and also practice it on paper I will get to where I want to be on those scales.

Jenelle: I'm glad that you didn't gain. You will show a loss next week if you just stay the course. Don't stress out to much over that inspection. I'm sure your apartment will pass. You are so organized in your posts I"m sure your apartment is as well.

Angiaha: Doing a happy dance for you for your loss. Isn't it strange how sometimes we have to up our calories to loose. Of course, I'm sure when you upped them you didn't do it by adding foods that weren't going to be good for you but rather foods that helped you fuel yourself.

I must get off the computer and get some things done before I get ready for my interview.

I'll check in tomorrow.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:12 AM   #110  

Good morning,
I have a case of the jitters this morning. I start my new position. I am not a shy person but being the "new girl" can be a little nerve racking.

I am determined that I will not come home and self-soothe myself with food after work. I will instead go into the bedroom and read for a while and just breathe until I feel calm again.

I hope everyone has a great day.
I'll talk to you tomorrow (or maybe tonight)
Old 02-20-2007, 10:17 AM   #111  
Dieting Diva

Hey 2bfit !
That is such a good plan ! That is excellant ! I am excited for you going to a new job ( one of these days I will have to go back to work also) and knowing how to handle the stress. Good luck and I hope you have a great day !
I use fitday to track all my food and exercise. Nothing fun- just a way for me to see what I am eating. It's working for me right now.Yesterday I had too few calories so I think I am going to see if I can add a bit more protien. If it worked for Angi it might help me out.'
Lady Jennelle- you can do this ! It's not just a physical thing of calories and exercise but a mind thing. Ya gotta really banish those ice cream and cereal demons. Celebrate your inspection with a walk in the park or buy some really wild nail polish.
Tommorrow is my weigh in and I tried on my Black Slacks last night and they are looking a bit better.They are 18's, but because of the cut they were one of the first pants not to fit when I started balloning.I wore them at Christmas with one of those girdles thingies.I looked horrid. They now are my bench mark for knowing where I am on my weight loss.
I need to go and exercise. DS13 tries out for track this afternoon and I have to run to the school.

Last edited by sirak; 02-20-2007 at 12:03 PM.
sirak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 05:36 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 246

Height: 5'4"

Default bite it write it!

I like that. My new mantra! worked out today. i haven't worked out since Friday when i walked campus. which is on the side of a mountain! Very hilly. and Monday was a holiday so day off with pay! Gotta love it! Yesterday was odd...I felt light headed and didn't want to eat. finally ate last night about 7. Then went to the library with the kids and felt light headed every time I bent down and stood up to look at books. today I feel fine except I feel as if I have a sty in my right eye. I am work so I can't really do anything about it. I will put a warm compress on it when I get home. so the long of it is I didn't work out yesterday, but I did today and I did my mile on the eliptical. I feel fine. the only thing I did do yesterday was drink my water. Maybe I flushed what ever it was out with the river I drank.

Well, I need to go. More tomorrow.
worldsbestmom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 06:41 PM   #113  

Hi Guys,
I'm surviving that training. I took this job know that it would be on ok job but not my dream job. I have had a couple of exciting inquiries and phone interviews for another job and I"m hoping something will become of it.

I'm headed to the Y to meet my workout partner. This is a good thing. I'm using workouts to relax and work out the stress I'm under.

I'll talk to everyone tomorrow. Sorry this was such a quick check-in but it's my accountabilty so I needed to make sure that I got here!
Old 02-21-2007, 09:17 PM   #114  

Woo hoo ... way to go, Angi!! Keep up the good work.

worldsbestmom5 ... I hope you get to feeling better! Any idea what made you light-headed? It's not from eating too little, is it?

Susie, I'm glad that it sounds like today went okay for ya.

And ... I'm also glad to hear that you have several other prospects. Good luck with them!!

sirak - I totally agree with you about having to get rid of the cereal and ice cream demons. And I'm happy to report that I did really well today when I went to the store [I was starving and bought "nothing" I shouldn't have!]

Also I only bought "1" banana which is huge for me 'cuz I love them [I just hate the smell of them is all - is that weird or what? *lol*]

Anyways I always buy 3 or 4 of them when I do buy them and I know that when I do, I'll end up eating them all in one night.

So - today ... I just bought "1" which is cool 'cuz it means that I'm purposely watching things like that.

Selina ... where are ya at, hon? Come out, come out - where ever you are!

Woo hoo - I did it!

Today was a good day ... I have done so good the past few days that I was sure I must have lost a pound and, I did!!

I'm not changing my ticker now though ... I'll wait till Monday's weigh-in for that.

I had a Dr.'s appointment this afternoon and of course, they had to weigh me.

Well ... it seems that the highest they've had me is 245 which means that if you count the pound I lost this a.m., I've lost a total of 16 pounds!

I thought my highest was 243 ... yikes, I guess it was worse than I thought.

Well - gonna get for now but hope to remember to check in again soon.

Love,

Jennelle
Lady Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 04:27 PM   #115  
Dieting Diva

My WI was today and not yesterday. The scale decided it would say "lo" which I guessed that it meant low battery.So I decided I would get a new battery when I went to the store.But after lunch I took the battery out to see which wierd shaped battery I needed to buy and when I put it back in it came on.
So I am at 215 which means two pounds this week ( and I weighed in after lunch ), It might be more, but two pounds is still two pounds ( which means I am still on track).
I am still bumping up my calories and trying to do atleast the three mile walk each day. For the past month I have been looking for our other three mile walk DVD and when I went through the kiddy stuff I finally found it- it was a VHS tape.That gives me a little more variety- although I find myself zoning out when I do the regular one.

Keep up the good work 2Bfit !

I have a simlar banana affliction- I just won't eat them. Everyone else does so they go really fast. I do though make a banana pudding with spenda for a treat .
Every pound counts Lady JEN- it's like a battle for some of us. I never imaged I would have to work so hard to make this fat come off.

WBM5- Low blood sugar ? Maybe you might want to carry a snack with you.

Selina come out, come out where ever you are. If you fell off the wagon we're still all here to help you get back on.
sirak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 05:12 PM   #116  

I didn't feel like eating today either but I made my lunch and ate it anyway. I don't know what was up with the light headedness. I also had a sty. I think it was stress. We have been go go go lately. Hubby is feeding a friend's chickens 2X a day and he has to do it before I leave at 7. Then he also has a turn at locking up the church building every night at 10. So We are up early and to bed late. I think this has an effect on me. I think Saturday is his last night to do lock up.

I am going to work on logging my food intake so I can see what I need to work better at. And make sure I am getting enough. I did cut back a bit on the protein. I'll look into it.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:15 PM   #117  
Mardi Gras'07 New Orleans

S/C/G: 253/253/160

hi everyone i was wondering if i can join u guys? IM 26 will be 27 in May, mu hubby recently got out of the Marines and is now a reservist i do a basic diet and i use turbo jam, the bean and i now have the bender ball for exercise even though i slacked off alot.
miafluker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:28 PM   #118  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Welcome, Mia!

I LOVE Turbo Jam! It really helped me get moving! I have so much more energy now! Chalene's positive attitude is REALLY great!

I'm glad to hear that your husband is back home again.

I know that you will enjoy it here. This site is awesome, and the people are so friendly and encouraging!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 11:15 AM   #119  

S/C/G: 275/246/180

Hey Mia good to see you over here too! Well everyone I lost a lb YAY lol hey its one lb closer to the goal right.
Bite It Write it has been my theme all week thanks to you girls and I think its helping. Have lots of errands to run today! Hope everyone has a great weekend!
married2asoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 01:49 PM   #120  

Hi Mia! I guess I need to see what Turbo Jam is all about. My library doesn't have it so I will have to look for it.