Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: Appoximately, how much fiber do you get on a daily basis?
I know I get some, but how much is a mystery to me! 11 45.83%
Less than 10 grams of fiber. 0 0%
10-20 grams 2 8.33%
20-25 grams 4 16.67%
The recommended 25-35 grams 4 16.67%
35+grams! No dookie problems here! 2 8.33%
FIBER? Isn't that the stuff in your dryer's lint trap? 1 4.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2003, 06:22 AM   #1  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Post Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 3/3-3/9

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-THURSDAY RECIPE DAY
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=25319

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

Old 03-03-2003, 06:27 AM   #2  

GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

Will post my usual morning post sometime later, but wanted to make sure I got our
MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY
done early in the morning, so here's my contribution for MM, there's 3 of them to read today:

NO DOUBT

When you believe you can do it, you're off to a good start. When you know without a doubt that you can do it, it will happen.

One of the biggest obstacles to any accomplishment is doubt. Doubt will discourage you, delay you, distract you, and prevent you from taking action. Once doubt has been established, it can take on a life of its own. Though doubt may have no valid, objective reason, after it springs to life it can stop you as surely as anything.

Yet one small, positive action will begin to remove the doubt. For doubt is just a thought, and when your experience proves it wrong that doubt will quickly wither away.

The best way to know you can do it is to start to do it. Forget about the doubts for a moment, and take one small step forward. Then take another. Soon your doubts will be left behind in the dust, and you'll be moving quickly ahead.

-- Ralph Marston

WHERE YOUR COMMITMENTS LEAD

Right this moment you are solidly committed to something. The question is, what is it? The quality of your commitments will determine the course of your life. So where are your commitments taking you today?

You can never avoid commitment entirely. What you can do is choose what those commitments will be, and choose to follow the best of them.

Commitment can seem overwhelming and intimidating. Yet at its heart, commitment is a grand opportunity if that's what you decide to make of it. Commitment gives you the means of working steadily toward whatever is most important to you. And what could possibly be better than that?

Yes, you can shy away from commitment, but that in itself is a commitment to mediocrity. Instead, commit this day to the best you can imagine, then follow through with each moment to bring it about.

-- Ralph Marston

Have a wonderful day, and a fabulous week!!!!!

Debbie
194/1??/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 03-03-2003, 06:29 AM   #3  

MISSION IMPOSSIBLE????

Here's your weekly challenge!!!

Once again, we're going for 3 days of exercise OR MORE!

NEW CHALLENGE FOR THIS WEEK!!!!

Water, it's everywhere, though for some of us it sure doesn't seem to be going in our bodies. Your challenge is to drink (at minimum) 64 ounces/8-8oz glasses of water for the next 3 days. Easy enough to keep track of!!!
Old 03-03-2003, 07:59 AM   #4  

Default Monday Monday...

Good Morning! Mine seems to be settling down after a less calm than average start. My daughter's ride to school was late, and she realized it was senior skip day, and called. Her ride had forgotten to let her know she was not going to school, so I had to throw on some clothes and run her to school. Traffic was not as bad as usual, and I think she was on time. I have to go back and pick her up at noon and take her to a doctor appointment about 40 minutes away.

I feel ok this morning, but that crud kind of comes and goes. Last night, I was headachy, and had a sore throat. This morning, I feel a good bit better, but my tummy is complaining about what I fed it for breakfast. I am trying to ignore it. That always worked with my kids!

I need to get off here, and get on the treadmill. I was mad that I got sick Saturday and could not do three days on it last week. This week, I will try for four.
Old 03-03-2003, 08:34 AM   #5  

Just a quick hello before I head out the door. I just wanted to wish everybody a HAPPY MONDAY. Today's Mary Englebreit calendar says "Count Your Blessings." I am doing that today and I want you all to know that I count this board and all the wonderful people on it as a tremendous blessing.

Let's do really well today. Let's keep focused and keep our goals in mind. Stay positive and you'll go to bed tonight with a successful day in your back pocket!

Gotta run.
Kim
Old 03-03-2003, 09:22 AM   #6  

Good Monday Morning All

Just got in from doing my 4.5 miles, slow today, only walked though it was with my Powerbelt. Hot, muggy, humid, foggy AND my ankle still a bit sore from the sore, but I went out just the same and though I was slower than a it was better than the alternative of doing nothing at all.

ELI's nephew and GF came 5 minutes after my post on Saturday as I was wiping down the countertop in the kids bathroom. They were suppose to call when they got the rental car but didn't, needed that heads up. Anyhow, we've been busy with them ever since. Last night ELI and I went to see THE FULL MONTY which I must say was VERY GOOD and really enjoyable. If you have the chance to see it, do so, you won't be disappointed. If you saw the movie many things are similar and a few things are different, but good different. If you never saw the movie you should, I loved it! Anyhow, they dropped us off at the theatre and then they went all around SOBE (south beach) to see the night life and then came and picked us up.

Today I have my yoga class and I have to run a few errands before getting the kids from school and then taking MICHAEL to guitar. Tomorrow I have to be at the kids school to volunteer in the late morning til the kids get out for MICHAEL'S magnet, they are doing oral testing and not only am I in charge to find the 38 parent volunteers, I too am volunteering. ELI is off on Wednesday, so we'll be spending it with Tony and Valerie I do believe. So, besides telling you all that's going on in the next few days, I wanted to say that if you don't see a lot of me this wek, you'll know why

I'm hoping you all take part in this weeks new challenge and continue on with the exercise challenge. This weeks water challenge is prompted by our polling question of last week and how much water we get. I'm probably more guilty than anyone else on this board with not getting enough water on a typical day so I will be taking on this challenge head on. I have a 1.5 liter bottle of water I will drink from and then will add in another 2-8ounce glasses of water (at least) to get my fill for the day. Actually, with exercise, it should be more, but at least I am going to go for what I should get on average.

As for this weeks poll, I know I've posted this poll in the past, so don't think I'm getting forgetful but the reason I have posted it once again is so that you may possibly be more aware of the fiber you may or may not be getting. Maybe try and keep track for a day or two and see just how little or how much fiber you are actually getting. Remember, if we can change just one thing, no matter how little it may be, these little things add up in time and we reap the benefits in more ways than one!!!

Hope you don't mind if I don't reply to all the posts since my last "real post". I just don't have the time this morning and probably by the time I can get back on the board it would be double the time to reply to all, so I'm going to start anew

MONET, hope you aren't coming down with something nasty. Feel better. Senior skip day, gosh, I do remember those days. That's one "day" my kids aren't going to be participating in, no way, no how Good going on the TM this morning!!!

MELF, believe it or not, I actually was given the message that you called - there is hope for my kids! Sorry I wasn't around to talk to you but hope to soon.

TRANQUIL, thanks for posting my message to all - will call you soon!

Okay gals, I'm outta here. Going to hit the shower and get ready for my yoga class and try to do a few errands in between.

Will be back on later today to try and get in some more replies!

{{{HUGS}}}

Debbie
Old 03-03-2003, 09:39 AM   #7  
"I'm working on it!"

Default BRRRRRR!!!!

Morning All!

I've been MIA for a wee bit. Life happens. Actually a BIG life change for us. We've just started the process of adopting a little girl from China. The whole process will take a total of about 18 months, but the first few months is a lot of work tracking down documents and making calls to the agencies etc. The big reason I've been MIA.

Today it is MINUS 31F with the windchill!!! My usual walk to school with DS turned into a drive--at this temp, exposed skin can freeze in 8 minutes. It's supposed to go up to about PLUS 38F tomorrow. Can't figure this weather out.

DEB--I'm going to try to take you up on your challenges! I definately need to do ANY exercise and I need to get my water consumption back up.

Well, I did it again. Bought my boys some cookies as a treat cause they were on sale, and ended up eating nearly a whole bag of oreos all by myself. Stuid thing is, I can feel the sugar go right to my head, but they still went in my mouth. I'm just going to have to keep real firm and NOT buy these things.

At least my pants aren't as snug today as yesterday--and I've even got my long underwear on underneath! We worked on our investment house yesterday and since the fridge isn't plugged in, I packed only legal foods. That helped a lot. It was getting near 5pm so I walked home (about a mile and a half and half of that is uphill) to get dinner ready for the boys who were finishing up a project. I made fajitas using WW tortillas. So I'm getting back on track. Baby steps.

There's no way I can catch up from almost 2 weeks ago, so I'll just start fresh this week.

A BIG HELLO to everyone! WELCOME to any newbies I've missed.

Well, I've gotta hightail it outta here!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-03-2003, 10:03 AM   #8  

I have been MIA too for at least a week, I am not even sure now. I will have to go to last weeks posts and try to catch up. I have been very busy with life and when I do get online I have discovered ebay and just *won* my first auction last night. It was just for some comic books for my son but it was certainly interesting. I got an excellent deal and now know I will spend too much time there *shopping*. My Avon is going very well now that I am into my third campaign. I have about 40 ladies on my customer list and that is pretty impressive for me when you consider I have no friends or family here in New Brunswick..except the ladies in my church. I wish I started this back in Ontario!

ZANNE- How marvelous that you are adopting a little girl! You already have 2 sons or is it 1? How old is the little girl? Give us more details, I think that is so exciting.

MONET- Sorry to hear you are feeling poorly.

DEBELLI- I just bought some bran the other day and thought I would give myself more fibre so that is a timely poll.

I don't have much to say. The kids are on their March Break this week so I will have to come up with some activities to keep them busy. Have a great day.
Old 03-03-2003, 10:24 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

I'm mad now- I had this LONG post I was typing when I got booted off the comp- that stinks. So I guess I'll try and give it another shot. Thanks for all the kind replies about my post the other day. Hubby is behaving for now. We'll see Thursday when it's Pool Tournament Night. Right now he's home sick(still) he can barely talk and his sinuses are messed up. Boogie still has it also- going on 3 weeks. I'll be glad when winter is over with. Anyway, Sat we did go to the gameroom together. He got jealous because a couple of the guys made passes at me,lol. I finally don't feel so fat and unattractive anymore. I wore a T-shirt Sat and I had at least 5 compliments on my weight loss. I had been wearing baggy sweaters all winter. But I'm like HELLO- I've lost almost 70 pounds and you're just now noticing,lol. But it felt good to get some recognition. Oh, and I'm also in an 18 now. So I think I have my motivation back. I'm on day 8 of the 10 day detox. I'm at 203 and I haven't cheated. But I've been that weight for the past 2 days. We ate Ryan's last night and I had the steak,salad, mushrooms and greenbeans. It was really good but I could taste the salt in the mushrooms and steak, so maybe I'm just holding to a little weight.
DEB- I confess that I didn't meet the weight loss challenge last week- but I plan to do better this week and of course, I will exceed the water challenge.
BOB- I'm glad you said Road to Perdition was good since I bought it yesterday,lol.
BTW- Winn Dixie has a wonderful line of salad dressing in their produce section called Naturally Fresh(in a mason type jar) that contains very low sugar or none at all. In their Ranch, sugar is listed ninth in the ingredients. I don't even like Bleu Cheese, but their Roasted Garlic and Blue cheese is wonderful. I'll be glad when this detox is over and I can have a piece of sf bread- SB's will be like a treat!
Old 03-03-2003, 10:26 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Whoops! DEB- I meant the exercise challenge!
Old 03-03-2003, 10:51 AM   #11  

Today is yuchy out - depressing weather - so grey!!! I take that challenge Deb! I wil be at the gym tomorrow, Wednesday and Friday...Hope everyone has a really good day! I am going to have a veggie plate at the restaurant with my lunch group. My muscles are very sore from working in the yard and cleaning the back porch and painting....

Sabrina
Old 03-03-2003, 11:30 AM   #12  
Hanging in There

Quote:
Originally posted by gracious
My Avon is going very well now that I am into my third campaign. I have about 40 ladies on my customer list and that is pretty impressive for me when you consider I have no friends or family here in New Brunswick..except the ladies in my church. I wish I started this back in Ontario!

Good for you! I tried selling Avon a few years ago, but gave it up--I couldn't sell a starving man a Big Mac!
I'm pretty sure I'm losing weight--I'm not sure if the scale is accurate or not, but my pants are feeling loser and that's what I go by.
Old 03-03-2003, 11:42 AM   #13  

Default Good Morning

This is just a quickie. Sorry I have been MIA for the last few days again but had a busy week. Now it is confession time. I really messed up this weekend. First of all I made some oatmeal cookies and of course I ate more of those than I should have done. Then I was out Saturday evening to a bar with some friends and got into the so-called finger food. This was after having dinner before I went out. So had chicken wings, nachos, onion rings, the works. Why, O Why do we do these things. Anyway to-day I will be back on track. Can't afford to put any pounds back on otherwise my jeans won't fit. I'm keeping off the scale until Wednesday and hope I can stay 100% op until then (and beyond of course).

Haven't time to read all the posts, but Deb I will take you up on the challenge. I know that I need to drink more water but sometimes just don't think about it. Also will continue with the exercise challenge.

Hope to get back later to-day and catch up on at least this week's posts. Have to leave in a few minutes for badminton. Will go and have a couple of glasses of water before I leave .

Have a good week everyone.

Marie.
Old 03-03-2003, 11:48 AM   #14  
Hanging in There

Default Re: Good Morning

Quote:
Originally posted by Rosalie
Now it is confession time. I really messed up this weekend. First of all I made some oatmeal cookies and of course I ate more of those than I should have done. Then I was out Saturday evening to a bar with some friends and got into the so-called finger food. This was after having dinner before I went out. So had chicken wings, nachos, onion rings, the works. Why, O Why do we do these things. Anyway to-day I will be back on track. Can't afford to put any pounds back on otherwise my jeans won't fit. I'm keeping off the scale until Wednesday and hope I can stay 100% op until then (and beyond of course).

Marie.

Naughty naughty! Go to your room--no supper for you!
Hey stuff happens. My doctor once told me that if you get off program, you just get right back on again.
Old 03-03-2003, 12:59 PM   #15  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good morning!

It's rainy cloudy and just a little cool outside. It's been this way for days...and days..and days... The sun did come out for about an hour yesterday. It was even warm enough to have the doors open for a while. Eating was good. Had a few fritos last night but other than that totally OP.

I am such a goober. I have this cup that I've been measuring my water intake with. I thought don't ask me why that it was 64 ounces and it's really 32. Sooooo I've been drinking less than I thought...only about 48 ounces a day. So this weeks challenge is a good one. Almost downed 32 this morning so far.

Zanne....how cool to be adopting a little one. Praying there is as little red tape as possible.

Gracious...neato on the Avon. Are you set up online to sell also? I've even seen some on ebay from time to time.

Rosalie....hang in there. I think we all know the feeling of "why did I do that".

Heartmom...I didn't realize you've lost 70 pounds....that is AWESOME! It's does a fella good to see other fella's hitting on ya...hehe keeps em on their toes.

Dawn....go by the pants. Me an my scales don't like each other right now..lol

Sabrina...hey...my yard could use some work also. I hope you get a little sunshine soon. We've had our share of clouds lately also.

Kim...you are definitely a blessing too lady. Hope you are having a super Monday.

Deb...you go woman! Walking and yoga....I wish I had that much energy.

Monet...hope you feel better soon.

Well the kids are once again challenging the mom....gonna get them back on track.

Love,
Crystle
Closed Thread