Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: Appoximately, how much fiber do you get on a daily basis?
I know I get some, but how much is a mystery to me! 11 45.83%
Less than 10 grams of fiber. 0 0%
10-20 grams 2 8.33%
20-25 grams 4 16.67%
The recommended 25-35 grams 4 16.67%
35+grams! No dookie problems here! 2 8.33%
FIBER? Isn't that the stuff in your dryer's lint trap? 1 4.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2003, 10:58 PM   #31  

Just wanted to pop in and say hello before bedtime.
I sure enjoy reading all your posts. I did finally watch big fat greek wedding and liked it a lot. I started the volunteer job today--it was actually kind of slow and I couldn't wait to get out of there. I have gotten very spoiled and am not used to scheduled time. The jury is still out--I know I need to give it some more time. I listened to Quilter and was OP today so will wake up tomorrow with no guilt--how did everyone else do?
Old 03-04-2003, 12:12 AM   #32  

Good evening! I promised myself that I would post everyday, however short. I did end up eating (too much) ice cream cake at Sara's b-day party, but it's gone and although I know I've had too many legal carbs, even the chocolate frosting I was so determined to have today didn't taste good. I'm just going to have to make a weekly appt. at the yogurt shop for a sf dessert, I did this the first time around and it was very successful. Like a reward for staying away from the junk all week, and it tastes great too!

Water is usually easy for me, but I do end up drinking a large quantity right before I go to bed - YIKES!

As for fiber, if I don't have my daily 25g I end my night with a great big glass of water and a serving of Fibre One. (which I'm off to have right now)

Good nite, all.
Old 03-04-2003, 06:34 AM   #33  
"I'm working on it!"

Default The scale is my friend....sort of

Morning All

Just a quickie before DS gets up. I'll try to post more later.

I just wanted to admit that I looked reality in the face this morning. I got on the scale (yes, I know it's not WIW) and was really shocked to see 171!!!! Haven't seen that for quite a while. I've been lucky and coasting along with the attitude that if I was under 170, I was doing ok.

Well, I am actually THANKFUL that I stepped on the metal monster this morning. I really needed that wakeup call. I'm going to have to go in and change my sig when I'm done here. I'm back up to where I was when I started this board.

I think seeing that number this morning has lit a little fire under my butt. I'm going to get in some good veggies and fruit and NO chips or cookies. I have to keep the water consumption up and DO THAT EXERCISE!

Ok, confession over. I'm going to have my coffee in the quiet before the munchkin gets up.

Talk to you all later!
Old 03-04-2003, 08:40 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Tuesday Morning,

I'm a little chipper today, it is supposed to be 58 and sunny. I will probably even go out for a walk when I get home. Haven't done that in awhile.

Did get my exercise and water in yesterday. Didn't get to post it until this morning though.

Hey does coffee and tea count against that 64 oz? Or just plain water?

Got a few beads done last night. Brought them to work so the girls can help me at lunch. Busy hands means no snacking!

Trish, WTG on all that water. I love when I don't have to think about dinner too.

Rosalie, Hope you had fun at badmitton. That's fun exercise.

Quilter, Come on now, you are doing too great to get down. Put the weekend behind you and go forward with an attitude of determination. Don't worry about those 3+ lbs. You know they can be anything, most likely not fat. Keep in mind your goal and how good you are doing. You can do this. Keep repeating this. Remember this is fun too! Glad DH is home now. Maybe that was part of your problem. I sure wish you lived next door too. I have no clue on what I'm doing with these beads. I just hope the wires don't come out. I got about 50 done last night, while DD was out having a drink with her work friends. Umm, something wrong with this picture. You are right though, no time to snack or think about food.

Chris. we are making wine glass charms as favors for the wedding. DD great idea. Just wish we had started 3 months ago.

Tranquil, doesn't it feel good to accomplish a big task like painting. Now you can relax. WTG on passing up those GS cookies. I could eat any of them, but my fav is Samoas. I have 4 boxes in the pantry. Hopefully DH will finish those off quickly.

Linworth, Congrats on a day OP. I got one under my belt also. Makes you feel good. Give yourself a pat on the back. And now make it 2 days.

IDblond, Put the weekend behind you and get moving forward. I like your idea about a trip to the ice cream shop each week. Nice reward. I have trouble with portion control if I keep it in the house. I always wondered about Fiber One, is it yucky tasting?

Zanne, I'm like you, I need that shock on the scale to keep me going. I normally only weigh on WIW but sometimes, I need to jump on there just to make me face reality. I love your new determination. Hopefully you will be changing that signature number again soon.

Need to get to work here. Be back later.

Jackie
Old 03-04-2003, 09:04 AM   #35  

Here's a quickie Tuesday a.m. greeting. I'm at work and really need to be productive, so I'll keep this short.

I did weigh again this morning and 2 of the 3 from yesterday are gone again. The scale is weird and I wish I didn't put so much "weight" on what it says. So anyways, I'm feeling better today. Plus my eating was right on target yesterday, so that's got to help.

JACKK---Thanks for the pep talk, friend. You are absolutely right. This is fun!!! I must enjoy the journey or else I won't make it to the goal. And I do enjoy talking with all of you.

Well, boss just walked in so I'd better get busy on something else. Catch you all later. Perhaps the chat tonight for a few minutes. I have to go to bed early since I get up at 5:50 on Wed morning for the TM session. :-(

Hugs to all. And a healthy happy day to everybody.
Kim
Old 03-04-2003, 09:11 AM   #36  

Default Good morning everybody!

Well, we actually saw the sun yesterday afternoon for a little while. We've had 9 consecutive days with some sort of precipitation. We're all mildewing down here. Of course, I'll take that any day over that cold and snow you guys have up North, so I guess I'll quit whining now.

Well, Seth's orthodontist visit went exactly as expected. Bad! He needs 2 spreader type appliances for a few months and then braces and then a retainer to the tune of about $5600. Insurance will cover some and we'll just add another book of the month club. Oh, joy. We really do have to do it though, not just for appearances but he will have major problems later on if we don't.

Then, after hearing that good news, last night my friend calls and wants us to go to Vegas with them next month. They found a good deal, and we may try and do it. We haven't been in a couple of years and these friends are so fun to go with.

Zanne - I just wanted to tell you congrats on starting the adoption thing. Jordan's swim coach and his wife adopted a little girl from China about 4 years ago and she is absolutely the most precious thing. I think they were trying to get another one but we've lost touch since Jordan didn't swim this year. Good luck.

Well, I'm way behind on all the posts, so I'll just say have a great day everyone!!!!

Trish

P.S. BOB, I loved the Survivor joke. You could easily substitute Texas for Kentucky.
Old 03-04-2003, 10:02 AM   #37  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Good Tuesday Morning Everyone

Got in from doing my 4.5 miles a little bit ago, cooling down and downing some much needed water! So hot out there today. Took me 54:10 to do it today, lots better than the past few days, was able to get in some jogging, but not much. Was 90 degrees for the high here yesterday!

Happy to report that I acheived my water intake yesterday, barely, but I did. Today I've already had more than half, so I'm off to a good start!

Have to be over at the school to volunteer today around Noon so will just do a few things around the house before than.

Want to get in some replies before it gets too late...

CHRIS, glad to see you back We totally understand that it's not easy for some to get on this board as often as they like. Do what you can when you can. We don't judge, you should know that one by now. I recommend you try to find MICHEL MONTIGNACS book EAT YOURSELF SLIM at your local library. It's OOP now and hard to find so if they have a copy there, that would be your best bet, and I highly recommend reading it. As for the food list, there is one on the FOOD INFORMATION BOARD that I started long ago. Do you have a HFS in your area? What are the major stores you have where you live. Maybe knowing that info some of us can throw out some ideas for you.

MEL, a gallon of water? Geez, if I were you I'd have a porta-potty in my car with me all the time.

FILLISE, repeat..TULIP TREES??? Glad to hear the insurance has kicked in. We have over another month before I'll have insurance. Glad to know you'll be kicking butt on the exercise board this week

MONET, good job on the water yesterday!!!!

JACKK, I haven't seen a GS cookie around here at all. I thought it was something they do nationally, but I guess not. I usually don't buy them, they've gotten so expensive and when I heard that the GS don't really get all that much $, plus the fact that I'd probably only buy the one I do like and eat the whole box (thin mints), I just don't buy them anymore-not that I don't like them. I remember selling them door-to-door as a GS and I think we sold them for 75 cents a box - oye, how things change! WATER only, the other stuff is just "extra."

ROSALIE, maybe the FM will come to your area, you'd love the play! ELI'S nephew and GF are loving the weather down here, esp. when they found out that the temp. has gotten colder up there! They went to the beach yesterday and going once again. ELI and I are "talking" about taking the kids on a trip this summer for MICHAEL to see some colleges. If we do we will most definitely be in Canada, Montreal for sure, possibly Toronto as well - will let you know if we will come up there - maybe we can do a SB GET TOGETHER with you, ZANNE & GRACIOUS????

QUILTER, didn't get to read the board, so where was PAUL at??? Don't worry about journaling each and every day. It's actually good if you don't once in a while, this way you get to visualize what a serving looks like. Once you get used to seeing it time-after-time, you'll basically know what a serving is. Try it one day, for instance, if you eat cheese and use a cheese plane, slice what you "THINK" is a 1 ounce serving and THEN weigh it and see how close you are. When you eat a fruit get what you THINK is a portion and then weigh it and see how on target you are - in time you'll be very surprised. It's also hard to journal a recipe that you don't make and measure everything, but again, you know what a portion should look like, so not to worry Clean house??? Partially. Woke up this morning to find some sorta soda had leaked from someone putting it in the freezer, no one claims responsibility and my grout is dark brown and now I have to get the toothbrush to scrub it!!!!

TRANQUIL, how'd the appraisal go? Have a good workout at the gym today! Yes, still liking the yoga. I really don't feel it's exercise, it's so laid back and I don't sweat.

LIN, where are you volunteering? I either missed it or forgot if you mentioned it earlier. Glad you liked GREEK WEDDING. I think I'm going to try and buy a copy. Don't buy many films, and if I do it's from garage sales, but a few that I know I will watch over and over I do consider buying and this would be one.

LDBLOND, I too like FIBER ONE and thanks for mentioning it, I may just have a bowl this morning! Even some bran flakes are good to sprinkle on some other foods!!

ZANNE, read my post to ROSALIE and CA. I also believe that we need that shocker once in a while by stepping on the scale-though right now I'm not ready to be shocked, it may kill me!!!!

TRISH, OMG, that much for the dentist! VEGAS, we love Vegas! I'd go in a split second. It's still nice over there, not too hot, I'd think. Last time I went it was sooo hot - 115 degrees!!!! Where would you be staying?

PLEASE REMEMBER TONIGHT IS CHAT AT 9:15PM EST!!!! I was quite lonely last week, not a single person from our board came in there. Hope to see some of you tonight!!!

BTW, did anyone see that they are brining back LET'S MAKE A DEAL tonight?

Okay, I'm outta here. Have a wonderful day today!!!

{{{HUGS}}}

Debbie
Old 03-04-2003, 10:16 AM   #38  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

TUESDAY TIP

Found this very interesting site which I'd like to pass along for today's TUESDAY TIP Do check it out!!! There's 3 different areas of this board listed below, but on your own, you can check out others as well.

Estimate Your Daily Calorie Expenditure

Menu Analyzer

Why have I hit a plateau?
Old 03-04-2003, 10:17 AM   #39  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good morning!

Got the water in yesterday...I thought I wasn't gonna go it but that last walk left me soaking wet. I finished the last of the 64 ounces and then started on my third cup. I have loved doing the challlenges the last two weeks. I'm the kinda person that thrives when there is an abtainable goal.

Kim...thanks I'm enjoying getting to know you too. Your post are a joy to read.

Sabrine....I can relate to the swampy yard. We have that gumbo dirt and with all this rain it's mushville. I don't even want to think of the snakes. We have those all the time because of the pond but at least it's cold enough most of em should be asleep or at least moving reallllllly slow.

Jack-K...I missed something somewhere. I know you are beading something for the wedding but what?

Zanne...it's always hard when the scales sneak up on us but you will do great getting it back off. I think spring is a great time of the year to get remotivated and back on track.

I'm running behind so I need to get and feed the youngins. Ya'll have a super day.

Love,
Crystle
Old 03-04-2003, 10:17 AM   #40  

Deb, keep in mind that the cost of the orthodontics is for a treatment plan that will span about 4 years. Come to Vegas with us. Wouldn't that be a hoot!! If we go this time, we're staying downtown at Fitzgeralds. Not my favorite place, but the price is right. I think downtown is a blast, too. It's way cheaper and fun in a different way.

See ya!

Trish
Old 03-04-2003, 10:33 AM   #41  
Goddess

Thumbs down Good Tuesday Morning

Good Tuesday Morning!

Apparently the sun is never going to shine here again! ;-) Another cloudy overcast day. I'm driving down to Montgomery for the opening of the Legislative session today. I'd rather stay home and clean.

Monet--I hope you are back to spiffy soon! Take care of yourself.

Jackie--Yes we are seeing the first flowers, but I tell you I could use a dose of warmth from the sun! Belle was, of course, just fine--curled up into a tiny ball and napping on my bed when I got home. My eye-talian genes make me imagine the worst possible secenario in ANY situation! You are so right that busy hands mean no snacking! I've got a cross stitch project I'm working on and it is a big help in keeping me occupied in the evenings! I hope your beadwork is lots of fun.

Tranquil--Can I come to your house for dinner? It sounds good, healthy, and OP! WTG!

Marie--When I lived in Iowa they always said that March was the heaviest snow month. Is that true for you as well? I always found that terribly cruel because I so badly wanted it to be spring! I have a lot of admiration for those of you who can handle the cold--I'm a whiny weenie when it comes to winter. But you would have never guessed would you?????

Kim--Hang in there--the flowers will work their way up to you too! Uh-oh as I look I think I'm seeing the first whisper of leaves on the trees in my back yard!

Chrisb--Tulip trees are among my favorites! In the midwest they are called maglolias (and the be techincal I think they are in that family), but we have the big ole magnolias with the white flowers here, so the purple ones are the tulip trees.

linworth--Isn't Greek Wedding wonderful? I saw The Hours this weekend--very powerful. I hope you have a good Op day today!

Ldblond--Hey girl! If perfection were a requirement for this board it would be EMPTY! So let us know how it is going warts and blossoms!

Zanne--They say confession is good for the soul--in this case I expect it will be good for the waistline!

Trish--Sun? you saw sun? I'm so jealous. Sorry about the rbaces bill, but you are smart to look at it as preventative. It could cost a lot more in both cash and health later on!

BOB--Kentucky survivor sounds dangerous! How close are you to St. Pete's? I've got an aunt down there that is having some problems, so I'm taking my mom to check on her at the end of this month. We haven't firmed up our plans yet, but are thinking about coming down that way the week of the 23rd. If you are close enough, I'd love to get together (Monet, you can stop snickering now--I WILL get to Atlanta to come see you).

Got to get my you-know-what in gear and get ready to head to Montgomery. Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday and I am working on a Lenten challenge for everyone. At a minimum, I'd like to challenge everyone to 7 weeks of op eating. Whether you observe Lent or not, after 7 weeks you have established a habit. Maybe we should call it SBent! I'm working on an exercise component too, but I haven't worked my schedule out yet.

Have a great OP day everyone!

Susan
Old 03-04-2003, 10:45 AM   #42  
Goddess

Deb, Country, Trish--all of you were posting while I was! Deb there are really tulip trees. They are a type of magnolia--I promise!

Susan
Old 03-04-2003, 11:06 AM   #43  

Ugh! It is 11, and I have accomplished very little. I did get in 40 minutes on the treadmill, though. Right now I am feeling hypoglycemic...so I better eat something.

The daffodils in my yard are blooming. Hooray! I am SO ready for spring. It was supposed to rain today, but the sun is shining. I am going to have to get outside and enjoy it.

My computer is sounding worse and worse, but my son is still sick with the flu. I hope he gets better before the thing goes up in flames!

I will be back later! gotta turn this thing off now!
Old 03-04-2003, 11:48 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Thanks for the compliments guys. Tomorrow is my last day of the detox- thank goodness. This really tests your willpower. Actually I did have a small cheat yesterday- I ate a small piece of deer sausage yesterday. The scale was still down this morning although my eyes are puffy from all the salt in the sausage- I don't know why they have to put so much in stuff like that. I'm looking forward to a piece of wheat bread and some cheese,lol. Right now Hubby is at the doc office- he has pus pockets on his tonsils(eww) and can barely talk. Good luck on the water intake and I hope everyone has a good WIW tomorrow.
Old 03-04-2003, 11:56 AM   #45  
"I'm working on it!"

Angry I'm Back

Hi All

I just got back from the grocery store. Skipped the chip and cookie aisles completely! Lots of fruit and veggies, WW tortillas and WW pitas.

I have a feeling I'll be making a trip to the doctor this week. I have a sore ear and my neck below the ear is sore too. Tylenol helped a bit, but I think it will probably get worse

I have downed 64oz already (it's 11:25am here), so I'll be way past that by bedtime. I'll also have quite a few pitstops made by then too!

I'm going to try to reply to some from memory. My memory ain't that great, so I hope I get things right.

DEBELLI--My "boys" are what I call DS & DH! DS thinks having a baby sister will be neat, but he also wants a brother We decided it was time for DS to have a sibling and since things didn't happen "naturally", we decided to adopt (DS was adopted from Guatamala 4 yrs ago).
It would be cool if we could pull together a Canadian SB get together. Mind you, GRACIOUS is quite a ways away from Toronto. She's a 2-3 day drive away, depending on how long you drive for. But maybe she'll be visiting her folks in Ontario. We'll have to wait and see.

FILLISE--I like that: confession is good for the waistline! Tulip trees sound just wonderful! I don't think we have something like that here.

MONET--Hooray for you for getting on that treadmill. I hope your computer gets fixxed soon!

TRISHALOO--Thanks! It will just be so wonderful to add to our family.

QUILTER--Glad to hear that 2 of those mysterious pounds vanished!

JACKK--Good idea to bring the charms to work to get some help! I remember the days leading up to my wedding and trying to get the favors done. I had decided on little crocheted baskets that would be filled with little mints. My MIL and I crocheted like crazy to do about 80 of those suckers. Then we had to stiffen them, wrap the mints, tie on the little card! OY! We put so much work into the one day! You're right too about keeping the hands busy!

TRANQUIL--It's much warmer here today. We went from -31F(with windchill) yesterday to about +38F today. Tonight is supposed to be at least 4 inches of snow and then cold again. Thanks for the good wishes on the adoption.

Ok, gotta go. DS is wanting lunch.

HELLO to all I missed.

EVERYONE--DRINK YOUR WATER!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!
Closed Thread