Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: Appoximately, how much fiber do you get on a daily basis?
I know I get some, but how much is a mystery to me! 11 45.83%
Less than 10 grams of fiber. 0 0%
10-20 grams 2 8.33%
20-25 grams 4 16.67%
The recommended 25-35 grams 4 16.67%
35+grams! No dookie problems here! 2 8.33%
FIBER? Isn't that the stuff in your dryer's lint trap? 1 4.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2003, 01:20 AM   #121  

Here I am BOB! Geez, I miss a day of posting and you think I'm awol already! I can't imagine drinking the amount of water that you do. You must have one heck of a bladder!

Since drinking more water this week, I've been making many trips to the bathroom during the night when I should be sleeping, so I'm really feeling tired from lack of sleep. Tranquil suggested that I try drinking all my water by noon to see if that helps. Anyone else have any thoughts on the subject? I also have a spastic bladder so guess that doesn't help matters either.

Crystle, Hope you aren't feeling as discourged today about this WOE! Hugs to you!

Sheanne, welcome back to the board. Glad you decided to join us again.

Jackie, thanks for you excitement for about my new low weight. Your encouragement helps keep me motivated. I like the idea about the lemon in the water. We don't have much ice at work but do have bottled water that is cold.

linworthlady, was it you that asked about Tuck Everlasting? I finally saw it and thought it was a good movie. It was also thought provoking about the subject of immortality.

I see some newbies that I haven't had a chance to properly welcome: So, hello to kitt and Teensybean. Glad you've joined us here.

agape3737 - great for you on a perfect OP day. Doesn't it feel wonderful to accomplish that?

Monet, I'm lost without my broadband access so I can't laugh at you about it. I know just what you mean. Are you staying dry? I saw on the news tonight where some areas of Atlanta have some flooding.

Hey there BKM - good to see your post on the board. Sorry to hear that your son has another injury. Wishing him a speedy recovery. I know what you mean about greedy attorneys. I had a consultation with one and couldn't believe how much money she wanted just to get started working on a divorce. Congrats on going into a size 16. I'm hoping I'm right behind you on that size.

Quilter, Good luck to you on having an honest and focused weekend. I know you can do it girlfriend!

Deb, it was very warm here today also at 86 degrees. Of course Friday is supposed to bring rain and cooler temps since the weekend is here.

I feel really good about resisting a temptation at work today. We had bagels delivered from Paneras and I wanted one of those big fat suckers so bad! I even went downstairs to get one and brought it to my desk. Well, I sat and thought about it for about 5 minutes and really questioned myself as to why I thought I had to have it. The end result is that I threw it away and didn't have it, then felt really motivated the rest of the day. Tranquil was also a good example with having her legal snack so that she wouldn't be tempted. I was also thinking about how bad I would feel if she happened to walk by my desk and see me eating one. It was such a good feeling to have that small victory.

Fillise, glad you liked the funnies. I could also relate to most of them, especially #8 also.

Rosalie, sounds like you got seriously clobbered with the racket. Hope your fingers will feel better soon. I broke an index finger when I slammed it in my car door once and it was so painful for a long time. Isn't is amazing how much little body members can hurt?

Sorry I didn't get to everyone but I have to go for now.
Wendy

Last edited by Serene; 03-07-2003 at 01:26 AM.
Old 03-07-2003, 08:34 AM   #122  

Default Friday Funnies

Two brooms were hanging in the closet
and after a while they got to know each other so well, they decided to
get married.

One broom was, of course, the bride broom.
The other the groom broom.

The bride broom looked very beautiful
in her white dress.
The groom broom was handsome
and suave in his tuxedo.

The wedding was lovely.
After the wedding, at the wedding dinner,
the bride-broom leaned over
and said to the groom-broom
"I think I am going
to have a little whisk broom!!!"

"IMPOSSIBLE !!" said the groom broom.

"WE HAVEN'T EVEN SWEPT TOGETHER"
Old 03-07-2003, 08:36 AM   #123  

A young ventriloquist is touring the clubs and one night he's doing a show
in a small town in Arkansas. With his dummy on his knee, he starts going
through his usual dumb blonde jokes when a blonde woman in the 4th row
stands on her chair and starts shouting:

"I've heard enough of your stupid blonde jokes. What makes you think you can stereotype women that way? What does the color of a person's hair have
to do with her worth as a human being? It's guys like you who keep women
like me from being respected at work and in the community and from reaching
our full potential as a person. You and your kind continue to perpetuate
discrimination against not only blondes, but women in general...and all in
the name of humor!"

The embarrassed ventriloquist begins to apologize, and the blonde yells, "You stay out of this, mister! I'm talking to that little imp on your knee!"
Old 03-07-2003, 08:38 AM   #124  

Inner Strength

If you can start the day without caffeine or pep pills,
If you can be cheerful, ignoring aches and pains,
If you can resist complaining and boring people with your troubles, If you can eat the same food everyday and be grateful for it, If you can understand when loved ones are too busy to give you time, If you can overlook when people take things out on you when, through no fault of yours, something goes wrong, If you can take criticism and blame without resentment, If you can face the world without lies and deceit, If you can conquer tension without medical help, If you can relax without liquor, If you can sleep without the aid of drugs, If you can do all these things, Then you are probably the family dog.
Old 03-07-2003, 09:05 AM   #125  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Friday Morning.

Is everyone ready for the weekend? I am determined to have a legal weekend. Hope you will join me.

Cut up all the pies last nite. No problems. Tonight I will work the carry out and dish out the french fries and fried fish. Life is strange. I guess the willpower will have to kick in strong. I will keep a big glass of water close at hand. So there will be 2 benefits. We serve baked fish and green beans so I will be set. We have the best slaw, but I'm pretty sure it has sugar in it.

Bob, Our fish is cod. We cut & bread it ourselves. They use a bunch of spices and it is really good. The best around. We also have baked fish too and green beans. So I will be set.

Monet, Yes, I think if the kids were paying they would be more frugel. My problem is she wants the best and my DH keeps saying, "Whatever she wants" Of course, he has no concept of money and doesn't write the checks. My niece had the same situation as your friend (no baby though) they had lived together, etc... and then on the wedding day she didn't want him to see her until the wedding time. Go figure. Times have changed. Either you are traditional all the way or modern. Cute jokes. I was really inspired reading the dog one and then got a good laugh.

Deb, Well I didn't lick my fingers. One piece fell apart and someone was going to have to eat it. Thankfully one of the kids stepped up. Tonight I get to dish up french fries. life isn't fair.

Fillise, That salad bar at Ruby Tues sounds good. They have a great one. Doing great so far, hang in there.

BKM, Hopefully you will find out about the computer soon and be able to join us more often. How horrible for your DS> Hope the surgery goes well along with rehab. Glad things are going well with all of you. WTG on getting into that size 16. You are doing great. It is a good feeling to shop in the regular departments.

ChrisB, It should start to get easier. Just hang in there. pickles & celery?

Quilter, We got a little ice,but not much. No driving problems. Yes after sitting on the couch doing those beads, my neck and back are stiff. WTG on getting back down to 194.5 I'm sure by Monday you will hit the big 10 lbs.

Agape, WOW that's alot of water. You and Bob win the most water consumed.

Sheanne, Congrats on doing so good. You can do this, one day at a time. Keep up the good work.

Rosalie, I didn't think badminton was a contact sport Hope yuor fingers are better today. Maybe you need to find a new partner. In case I don't get back on during the weekend, have a wonderful trip.

Serene, we have bottled water too. I pour mine over ice, but you could freeze one for about an hour. They are really good like that. I get up during the night too, but it doesn't matter if I drink water or not, I think it's just old age. I think the bagel incident was a huge victory. It empowered you for the rest of the day. Good idea having Tranquil not see you eating it. Whatever works. Good going.

Have a great day and weekend everyone.

Jackie
257/161/145
101-10-01
Old 03-07-2003, 09:27 AM   #126  

Jackie - the fried Cod sounds so good. Your fish fry reminds of the weekly Friday night fish fries at the Moose lodge that I had to go to with my parents as a kid. You deserve a pat on the back for planning ahead to eat baked fish and keeping a glass of water nearby.

monet - your FF were so cute, especially the broom one.

Here is one of my contributions for today:

You may have seen this before, but it still makes me laugh.

My mother taught me to read when I was three years old (her first mistake).

One day, I was in the bathroom and noticed one of the cabinet doors was ajar. I read the box in the cabinet. I then asked my mother why she was keeping 'napkins' in the bathroom. Didn't they belong in the kitchen?

Not wanting to burden me with unnecessary facts, she told me that those were for "special occasions". Now fast-forward a few months..... It's Thanksgiving Day, and my folks are leaving to pick up the pastor and his wife for dinner. Mom had assignments for all of us while they were gone. Mine was to set the table.

When they returned, the pastor came in first and immediately burst into laughter. Next came his wife who gasped, then began giggling. Next came my father, who roared with laughter. Then came Mom, who almost died of embarrassment when she saw each place setting on the table with a "special occasion" napkin at each plate, with the fork carefully arranged on top. I had even tucked the little tail in so they didn't hang off the edge!!??!!..

My mother asked me why I used these and, of course, my response sent the other adults into further fits of laughter.

"Mom, you SAID they were for special occasions!"

Remember.... No one can ruin your day without YOUR permission !
Old 03-07-2003, 09:32 AM   #127  

Attending a wedding for the first time, a little girl whispered to her mother, "Why is the bride dressed in white?" "Because white is the color of happiness, and today is the happiest day of her life." The child thought about this for a moment, then said, "So why is the groom wearing black?"
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A little girl, dressed in her Sunday best, was running as fast as she could, trying not to be late for Bible class. As she ran she prayed, "Dear Lord, please don't let me be late! Dear Lord, please don't let me be late!" As she was running and praying, she tripped on a curb and fell, getting her clothes dirty and tearing her dress. She got up, brushed herself off, and started running again. As she ran she once again began to pray, "Dear Lord, please don't let me be late...But please don't shove me either!"
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Three boys are in the schoolyard bragging about their fathers. The first boy says, "My Dad scribbles a few words on a piece of paper, he calls it a poem, they give him $50." The second boy says, "That's nothing. My Dad scribbles a few words on a piece of paper, he calls it a song, they give him $100." The third boy says, "I got you both beat. My Dad scribbles a few words on a piece of paper, he calls it a sermon. And it takes eight people to collect all the money!"

Adam and Eve had an ideal marriage. He didn't have to hear about all the men she could have married, and she didn't have to hear about the way his mother cooked.

>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An elderly woman died last month. Having never married, she requested no male pallbearers. In her handwritten instructions for her memorial service, she wrote, "They wouldn't take me out while I was alive, I don't want them to take me out when I'm dead.

A police recruit was asked during the exam, "What would you do if you had to arrest your own mother?" He said, "Call for backup."

A Sunday school teacher asked her class why Joseph and Mary took Jesus with them to Jerusalem. A small child replied: "They couldn't get a babysitter."

A Sunday school teacher was discussing the Ten Commandments with her five and six year olds. After explaining the commandment to "honor thy father and thy mother," she asked. "Is there a commandment that teaches us how to treat our brothers and sisters?" Without missing a beat one little boy answered, "Thou shall not kill."

At Sunday School they were teaching how God created everything, including human beings. Little Johnny seemed especially intent when they told him how Eve was created out of one of Adam's ribs. Later in the week his mother noticed him lying down as though he were ill, and said, Johnny what is the matter? Little Johnny responded, "I have pain in my side. I think I'm going to have a wife."
Old 03-07-2003, 09:59 AM   #128  

Good Friday morning to all---

Busy day yesterday so I wasn't able to get on here to post. Dh went in for his myelogram. NOT FUN!! When they injected the iodine solution into his spine, it was so closed off that he had to sit in a chair and lean forward and then straighten up repeatedly for twenty minutes before it would travel down into his legs like it was supposed to. The good thing is that he didn't get the extreme headache that sometimes goes along with it. So next Thursday he will see his Doctor, and find out when they will do something.
Was totally OP yesterday, but didn't have time for lunch, so not too good there. (Did eat one of the Atkin's bars that I had stashed in the freezer) Water is never a problem. Usually get in 128 oz.

Jackie-- The first day I started this I did eat the instant oatmeal. Then I wisely started reading all the great tips and ideas on this board. Only have the real stuff now. So thankful for all of the great advice I get from you.

Debelli-- I try and keep track of everything on fitday... and I maybe low in calories, but my fat is pretty high I think. Usually more like 50 to 60%. I feel that I am trying to make good choices, with lots of green veggies, and not too many starches, but I don't seem to be able to get my fat lower than 49%. Any idea's? I think maybe I will see about a lower fat yogurt. And of course the Atkin's bar was not my first choice....just the only one I had at the time. Will work on it today.

Country--Yes little boys are special!! I have 2 that really aren't so little anymore. Oldest will be 27 this May and my baby just turned 23. But they are so special to me.

Fillese-- Yes, it is better than giving up. Why do we do this to ourselves?? I know that I should know better by this time. Hopefully this is the last time. I swear I am not going to let myself gain again. Knock on wood.

Monet--You go girl WOOO-HOOO! So happy for you on the loss. Makes it all worthwhile doesn't it. Thanks for the little funnies. I always said "Oh the life of a dog!!" Sure do love my three!!

Quilter--Thank you, my Grandpa gave me that nickname when I was a baby. I still have a cousin who calls me that, and at 270 pounds, it wan't so cute. Maybe I won't feel so bad this year when I see him.

Rosalie-- Hope that your fingers are better today. That must have smarted pretty good. And the chicken soup sounds yummy!

Serene--Thank you for the welcome. Hope to get to know all of you wonderful people. It is nice to have a support system, and friends when undertaking the dreaded weight loss journey!!
Old 03-07-2003, 10:22 AM   #129  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

GOOD FIRDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

Got in from my walk a little bit ago. Wasn't going to go and then decided to do 3.5 miles but ended up doing my full 4.5 miles. Was only able to walk, legs feel like lead. Was tired yesterday, figured out why, seems I'm coming down with a cold of some sort. Nose is tickling me like crazy and was feeling a tad blah yesterday but today I'm just tickleda and a bit tired. Hope it just goes away!!!!

Waiting for my DM to call to see if she wants to do something today. LAUREN just called to say she's staying after school til 9pm so I really do have a full day all to myself. ELI'S nephew and GF are actually packing up this morning and going up to stay the night with the GF'S grandparents until they leave tomorrow. Want to get in some replies before I have to flee...

FILLISE, I'm going to have to send you some of my special SALMON SPICES since you too love salmon. Had some for dinner last night myself. I love how the price has come waaay down in recent years, it use to be so expensive, now I find it at $3.99 a pound most of the time. No day off for 2 weeks, sounds like you have ELI HOURS! That's not good - why no days off??? I think you deserve to steal a day somewhere, you have my permission!

BIGK, so happy to see your post!!!! CONGRATS on continuing on down the weight loss highway and doing so well, I can't wait to talk to you! Sorry to hear about JEFF, seems he's getting hurt a lot and not getting to play much at all which I'm sure must be bothering him big time. Let us know how his surgery goes when you get a chance! Hugs to SARAH!!! HUGS TO YOU!!!!!!

CHRIS, absolutely, I do believe the 3rd day is the hardest. I always tell people the first 3 days are the hardest and if you can get past that it gets easier every day. It's like a drug withdrawl. Do understand that sometimes you do get cravings for more carbs, the key is to eat the right kind of carbs. This is what's been happening with me the last 2 days and I've just eaten more fruits. TOM is due tomorrow. BTW, I sent out an e-mail to everyone the other day and yours came back as I have your old AOL acct. Do you want to send me the new one to have me put you on my e-mail list. Did you update your BIO to show the change?

QUILTER, glad to hear your back down! I'm sure you'll get to that 10lbs mark and beyond! You're doing so well and it WILL pay off!!! Where that compliment came from for you, there's more to follow!!!!!

AGAPE, yes, you definitely met that water challenge!! I call the "ladies room" the URINATION STATION!!!! I've been there quite often lately. Before, most days I could go all day without going as I wasn't drinking enough water, but now, I'm a frequent visitor! Keep working with the calories, some days are easier than others and if you fall short or go over calories one day once in a while, it's not a major problem. It is if it's all the time though. Good that you are aware! True about the stress, it can cause weight gain, as I told TRANQUIL in an earlier post. I'd gained 6lbs almost overnight due to stress twice since I was on SB.

SHEANNE, good for you for doing well yesterday. It will get easier with each passing day. I too have find it hard to get in my water most days but since we started this water challenge on Monday I've been able to get down more than the minimum 64oz on most days, it def. helped and now I find myself drinking more, like my body is telling my brain "I LIKE THIS!" Unfortunately, it's true that it takes longer to get the weight back off a second time but having done so the first time we know it can be done!!!!!!

ROSALIE, OUCH! Thank goodness you didn't end up with broken fingers! Maybe it's just my cooking abilities, or lach thereof, which makes me not be able to make the crust. I'm vowing to try another recipe one day soon. I bought a frozen legal pizza but I just can't bring myself to eat it, the starchy carbs for one serving is worth 2 I think, maybe 3, have to look again. I'd like to make a real thin crust pizza, then I think, why bother, just use the ww tortillas as I have in the past, so much easier!!! Okay, out of laziness of having to keep writing "ELI'S newphew and girlfriend" I just thought foreigners was better, I mean, it IS another country, eh? I'll try to send some warmer weather back home with them to unleash. They are NOT ready to go back tomorrow and they're loving the heat wave we're having. I, on the other hand don't like it one bit!

SERENE, you'd probably get too thirsty drinking it all by Noon but maybe start tappering off around 6ish and only siip as you find it needed? Just an idea. Lucky you to get some cooler temps, I can see you are all hogging it up there because it sure as heck ain't coming down my way! CONGRATS on not giving in to temptation! Just remember, unless Paneras goes out of business, you'll be able to eat one one day without any problems, just not now Thanks for posting those FF!

JACKK, good luck with the function tonight. I'm sure NOTHING will tempt you

MONET, thanks for posting those FF! I went and bought some more pot pies yesterday, found out there is only 6 in a case, thought there was more. They only had 6 and I got the case pricing so now they are only 1.97!!!!

Okay, will have to p/u where've I've left off (TEENSY, will relpy later). Got sidetracked by a few phone calls and running late now, have to hop in the shower and get a move on!

Have a great weekend!!!!

Toodles

Debbie
Old 03-07-2003, 10:31 AM   #130  

Good morning everyone! I sure have missed all of ya this week but just could NOT get here with my hectic schedule. It has really been a week. Yesterday was really bad. I gave serious thought of quitting my job & looking for one at WalMart!

Anyway, I'm out of here today. Going to see Jodi & meet dh for lunch at Souper Salad! I've not had any ME time for 2 weeks now & I'm ready for some outdoors breathing!

Although I have not been able to exercise outside of the running & lifting at work, I have managed to meet the water challenge this week. Had 64 + oz of water Mon, Tues & Wed. & just fell shy of it yesterday. Will try for today as well.

Weight is down to a solid 138 & I'm excited about that.

Sorry I have not had time to read the board, but I'm out of here. A big to everyone. Have a sugarfree day & a STRONG-END instead of a WEAK-end!

Last edited by Melf; 03-07-2003 at 10:58 AM.
Old 03-07-2003, 10:37 AM   #131  

Just got this in an email & thought it was appropriate to share it here. It's an oldie but goodie. Gave me a good giggle, hope it does you too!!!

THE BLONDE COOK'S DIARY

MONDAY: It's fun to cook for Bob. Today I made angel food cake.
The recipe said beat 12 eggs separately. The neighbors were nice
enough to loan me some extra bowls.

TUESDAY: Bob wanted fruit salad for supper. The recipe said serve
without dressing. So I didn't dress. What a surprise when Bob brought
a friend home for supper.

WEDNESDAY: A good day for rice. The recipe said wash thoroughly
before steaming the rice. It seemed kinda of silly but I took a bath.
I can't say it improved the rice any.

THURSDAY: Today Bob asked for salad again. I tried a new recipe. It
said prepare ingredients, then toss on a bed of lettuce one
hour before serving. Which is what led up to Bob asking me why I
was rolling around in the garde! n.

FRIDAY: I found an easy recipe for cookies. It said put all
ingredients in bowl and beat it. There must have been something wrong
with this recipe. When I got back, everything was the same as
when I left.

SATURDAY: Bob did the shopping today
and brought home a chicken. He asked me to dress it for Sunday
(oh boy). For some reason Bob keeps counting to ten.

SUNDAY: Bob's folks came to dinner. I wanted to serve roast. All I
could find was hamburger. Suddenly I had a flash of genius. I put
the hamburger in the oven and set the controls for roast. It still
came out hamburger, much to my disappointment.

GOOD NIGHT DEAR DIARY. This has been a very exciting week. I am
eager for tomorrow to come so I can try out a new recipe on Bob.
If we could just get a bigger oven, I would like to surprise him
with Chocolate Moose
Old 03-07-2003, 10:42 AM   #132  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

My contribution to FF:

How Do You Catch A Unique Rabbit?
>
>Unique Up On It.
>
>
>2. How Do You Catch A Tame Rabbit?
>
>Tame Way, Unique Up On It.
>
>
>3. How Do Crazy People Go Through The Forest?
>
>They Take The Psycho Path.
>
>
>4. How Do You Get Holy Water?
>
>You Boil The **** Out Of It.
>
>
>5. What Do Fish Say When They Hit A Concrete Wall?
>
>Dam!
>
>
>6. What Do Eskimos Get From Sitting On The Ice too Long?
>
>Polaroids
>
>
>7. What Do You Call A Boomerang That Doesn't work?
>
>A Stick.
>
>
>8. What Do You Call Cheese That Isn't Yours?
>
>Nacho Cheese.
>
>
>9. What Do You Call Santa's Helpers?
>
>Subordinate Clauses.
>
>
>10. What Do You Call Four Bullfighters In Quicksand?
>
>Quatro Sinko.
>
>11. What Do You Get From A Pampered Cow?
>
>Spoiled Milk.
>
>
>12. What Do You Get When You Cross A Snowman With A Vampire?
>
>Frostbite.
>
>
>13. What Lies At The Bottom Of The Ocean And Twitches?
>
>A Nervous Wreck.
>
>
>14. What's The Difference Between Roast Beef And Pea Soup?
>
>Anyone Can Roast Beef!
>
>
>15. Where Do You Find A Dog With No Legs?
>
>Right Where You Left Him.
>
>
>16. Why Do Gorillas Have Big Nostrils?
>
>Because They Have Big Fingers.
>
>
>17. Why Don't Blind People Like To Sky Dive?
>
>Because It Scares The Dog.
>
>
>18. What Kind Of Coffee Was Served On The Titanic?
>
>Sanka.
>
>19. What Is The Difference Between A Harley And A Hoover?
>
>The Location Of The Dirt Bag.
>
>
>20. Why Did Pilgrims' Pants Always Fall Down?
>
>Because They Wore Their Belt Buckle On Their Hat.
>
>
>21. What's The Difference Between A Bad Golfer And A Bad Skydiver?
>
>A Bad Golfer Goes, Whack, Dang!
>
>A Bad Skydiver Goes Dang! Whack.
>
>
>22. How Are A Texas Tornado And A Tennessee Divorce The Same?
>
>Somebody's Gonna Lo! se A Trailer.....
>
>
>Now, admit it. At least one of these made you smile! Have a great day!
Old 03-07-2003, 10:48 AM   #133  

T.G.I.F!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Morning Gals....Still hot as I don't know what....THE COOLING WENT OUT IN MY AIR CONDITIONER IN THE CAR!!!!!! going after work to get that looked at....

SUSAN.....MONET.......I LOVE STORMS>....wouldn't know how to act in one though....been so long since we've had a good one...
Skeeter runs from one end of the house to the other looking for the lightening....and barking the whole time!

JACKIE....I love COD...I pour salsa over it and bake it YUMMY!!
GO CATS!!!!!!!
Kate's all ready....if she had shakers, she would used them!!!!

BKM....SO GLAD TO SEE YOU POSTING>....when you get your computer settled, let me know...I almost sent you a note and now I'm glad I didn't...
Give the BIG KNIGHT a hug for me and tell him to be a BIG BOY...
Squeeze Sarah for me...and give yourself a BIG OLE PAT ON THE BACK....CONGRATS!!!! That loss is awsome...

Got to get back to work....

BOB
Old 03-07-2003, 11:52 AM   #134  
Goddess

Thumbs down Friday Morning

Morning all! Guess what--another rainy day in Auburn. We had thunderstorms all night and it looks like I'm going to have to swim out to the car if I want to go anywhere ;-) I saw on tv that there is flooding around atlanta--I hope Monet is ok!

Yesterday was a good Op day. I haven't been on the scale this morning, but I don't care since I know I well yesterday. I don't need the scale for validation.

This weekend will be a test. My Sr. High youth have their annual asaghetti luncheon and silent auction on Sunday. I'm the head chef so the sauce will be OK and the pasta will be OK, but I have to bake some cakes and breads to be sold at the luncheon. The bread won't be a problems because you just dump everything in the bread machine--no fingers to lick! But them the cake will be another matter. I've done it before so I can do it again!

BigK'smom--It is great to hear from you--and to hear that you are doing so well! WTG on the 16s--and especially for not letting the meotional upheavals wreck your good nutrituonal habits. I hope you get custody of the computer so we can hear from you regularly--but until then--come say hello whenever you can--I miss you!

Chrisb--It's day 3 for me today of my renewed "sobriety"! I was thinking last night that day three is a milestone for me, as is the 3-week mark. There is something about the 3 week mark that passes this from a novelty to the normal way of doing things. At that point your body has adjusted and you are starting to feel comfortable with your new nutrituinal habits. But ultimatley it is just one day at the time---you don't HAVE to be OP for any day but today!

Kim--you are so right about the power of the words of support from the folks in this board! I keep reading that support groups are essential to long term successful weight loss--and I think we have the best one right here! As much as I've been complaining about the weather here, you and Jackie have had it much worse! With all the rain we've had the grass is starting the green (what isn't under water, that is). A couple of days of warmth and sunshine and I think we'd start to see spring get istelf into high gear!

Agape--Stress screws us up in lots of ways doesn't it? Hang in there, one powerful counter to stress is to keep eating healthy, your body will be able to handle the stress better and you'll get a boost of confidence!

Marie--good idea about slicing the bread and keeping it in the freezer--I'll try it, I've got a loaf baking now! Enjoy your trip!

Wendy--WTG on tossing the bagel! Every victory is important because it helps you to achieve other ones!

Jackie--I love the salad bar at Ruby Tuesday's--plenty of OP stuff to choose from! I'll be thinking about you tonight, if you'll keep me in your thought in Sunday!

Coleen--AS I type this I am eating (and actually enjoying) a carbolite protein plus bar (Cookies and Cream)-- this is the best protein bar I've found (most of them I can't stand) It has 4 g of fat--how does that compare with the Atkins bar? Belle seems to think she should have a piece to0, but at 5.5 lbs, she does not have a weight problem!

Deb--I have no days off because my clients seem to expect me to work for them Mon-Fri and the church has weekend activities scheduled for the next two weeks! I try not to let them have my Saturdays because that is my only shot at a day off! Oh well I do have a week vacation coming up afterwards, so I can look forward to that! I love salmon, I cook it is a parchment packet with some fresh dill, grated ginger and lemon slices---YUM!

melf--WTG on the water--I think you deserve some ME time too!

Bob--you should have been here last night--it rumbled all night long! Belle hides under the bed so no kitty purring last night--she's cuddling with me now though and purring up a storm!

Ok I've got an egg on to boil so I can make Tuna salad for lunch. That reminds me to go take something out of the freezer for dinner--scrap book group meets tonight so I have make sure to eat well beforehand so I can resist the sweets they bring!

Have a good day everyone!

Susan
300/272/150
Old 03-07-2003, 12:01 PM   #135  

Good Morning All.

Just wanted to say hi and I hope you all have a great day!

On my way to curves.

*hugs*
*warm fuzzies*
Meesh
Closed Thread