Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: Have you had the good fortune to (you can choose more than 1 answer, if it applies)
Met at least one person from this board (past or present members) 5 14.71%
Met more than one person but less than 5 people (past or present) 4 11.76%
Met more than 5 people but less than 10 people (past or present) 4 11.76%
Met more than 10 people (past or present) 2 5.88%
Talk to at least one or more people on the phone somewhat regularly (past or present) 6 17.65%
E-mail at least one or more people on a regular one-to-one basis (past or present) 8 23.53%
Haven't met anyone yet, but I hope to one day soon 10 29.41%
Haven't spoken on the phone to anyone yet, but hope to one day soon! 5 14.71%
Haven't e-mailed anyone regularly yet, but hope to done day soon! 2 5.88%
Just joining the board, so give me time!!! 5 14.71%
Have no interest in meeting, talking or e-mailing, just being on the board is enough for me. 3 8.82%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2002, 01:59 PM   #106  

MONET- Even though I live in Canada, there were services and memorials all over the place. One of the churches in Fredericton placed 3000 crosses on their property with Canadian and American flags on the end of each row. It was a vivid illustration of the loss of life. Although only 24 of the people killed were Canadian, we are very much affected since we are neighbours and so closely entwined with business and culture. You are, afterall, our big brother.
But....having said that, I will keep my eyes open for that Georgia license plate! I haven't even been to Maine yet and it is only an hour or two from us. I know that is where Buggie lives so you never know. We actually moved here 2 years ago on September 11th...so odd.

LKF-Just wanted to say you have done awesome! Way to go on 15 *easy* pounds. Isn't it amazing how much easier it is to lose on this WOE than with all the struggles so many of us know about with low fat, low calorie, etc? Your hubby sounds like mine..next to the Lord, food is his passion...and lots of it!!
Old 09-12-2002, 02:19 PM   #107  
LKF

Gracious, Larry is the same way! Exactly (down to his love for the Lord!). The irony is that he has never had a weight problem though he eats like a horse! I have never been able to get away with that from as small a child as I can remember being!

Thanks for the encouragement, Gracious. It helps me immensely.
Old 09-12-2002, 03:39 PM   #108  

Good afternoon everyone. Went grocery shopping today.... I didn't realize hot dogs were so bad.. Is there a brand that is etible? Got me some stuff to make a soup with..Thats sounded good all week and would be filling to and get some vegetables into me. Also will get to make my chicken pockets too. Gee sounds like I was out of everything.....

Idblond- Ut oh better make some sugar free jello with lite cool whip for that man!!!! Yes yesterday was a sad day... I have a son in the army and I worry so much about what is happening now... He served in Kosovo and I'm afraid of Afganistan now...

j red- Congrads on losing..... Oh boy I can't wait till I'm in the 150's... I know what you mean about your son... Mine is a tank commander in the army but right now is in drill sargents training.. It gives you a whole new look at the military.

gracious- I thought I was going to leave the t.v. off yesterday but ended up with it on and going to a service in town...Hope you're able to exercise today...

Fillise- Love to hear about Miss Belle she sounds so sweet...

Jack-K- What a great goal you have and I'll bet you can do it... Your weather sounds like ours.. Brr cold this morning and a nice day now..

chrisb1022- My DH doesn't do SB and so I do it alone.. He eats allot of what I do but I add potatoes or pasta to his stuff.. But I cook all the meat alike, salad etc.. He eats corn I eat cauliflower.. But when I make lasagna I use the whole wheat lasagna noodles the same with spraggetti.. Congrads on losing weight! You're doing great...

Beth- Wondered where you'd went to... Get back on that wagon. You can do it girl.. Just take a day at a time...Once you get through detox its not really that hard..

Mercy- Howdy there gal.. Got to try that recipe...

CountryMom-Sounds like you're building you some muscles...

Monet -I'm so jealous of your cable... Wish it were in our little town...

LKF-Glad to see you posting.. Congrads on the weight loss... My DH is a sweets man too! He has to have his milk and cookies at night..

Well guess I'll run along now... and maybe check back in later....

213/166/130
Old 09-12-2002, 03:49 PM   #109  

Good afternoon,

I'm still eating well but have decided to add in one starchy carb, early in the day. Was craving bacon and eggs for breakfast - so had egg beaters and turkey bacon, which was satisfying without having too much fat.

meliris, congrats on being down 3 lbs! I like your idea of zigzagging calories and carbs with 3 lower days, then 3 higher days. How do you eat on the 1 day left over? I cut out my starchy carbs for the first of the week, along with Quilter, and it got the scale moving down for me. About your DS in middle school - my DD is in her 2nd year of middle school. She was always complaining about her teachers last year, until I went for a conference with each one of them. Found out the teachers weren't as terrible as she made them out. I would suggest having a conference with the young teacher in question. Talking to him at open house may not give an accurate picture of how he really is - maybe he was nervous with open house and so many parents to meet. I really admire teachers that are brave enough to work with that age group. Some of the kids that age can be so difficult to deal with, in my opinion. Just my 2 cents worth.

Monet - thanks for the recipe for the kibbe balls - sounds delicious. I would probably make them with beef also - never been a fan of lamb really. Don't you just love the DSL already? I've had cable modem for a few years and am so spoiled by it.

ldbond and gracious - add me to the list for consuming the sugare free ice cream yesterday. I think it was more of a comfort food for me, with being so emotional all day.

I am happy to report that Tranquil and I decided to see a movie last night and only had a diet coke from the snack bar! It was a big deal to go and be able to pass up the popcorn. We saw "The Importance of Being Earnest", with Colin Firth and Rupert Everett. It is a wonderful comedy/romance set in English high society in the 1890's, based on the original play by Oscar Wilde. It was a very delightful film and a good way to end a sad day on a lighthearted note.

j red - it must feel great to be in the 150s. I can't wait to get there myself - some time next year!

Deb, good for you for spending the day with Eli. Sounds like he is getting some much deserved attention!

Jack-K - glad the scale is being a little kinder today. Can't believe that you think 63 degrees is cold. I sure wish we could get some of that "cold" weather in Florida. Love the poem from the sweet talk board.

country - I will looking for those PICS of you and your bow, in the near future. Thanks for your continued prayers. Actually, I love having my own space at home now. Things are much more peaceful around here, with the exception of the DS. Only two more months until he is 18 and then will be gone also, if he doesn't get arrested before then. It must have been Tranquil's idea about the SB spa. She comes up with a lot of good ideas.

LKF - WOW! 15 sounds since Aug 1. That is fabulous! Good for you on resisting that tempting dessert! I am thankful that I don't normally crave sweets with this WOE. I use to want them all the time.

Well, have to run for now!

Wendy aka Zippy tush
241/211.5/155
Old 09-12-2002, 03:51 PM   #110  
LKF

Toni48, HI! You are so sweet to congratulate me on my weight loss! What an encouragement it is to know you have lost all that weight with SB! 47 pounds is fabulous, and it gives me great hope that I will be there some day.

I admire you, too, for watching your DH (what does that mean?) eat cookies and drink milk every night! Wow! Now that takes willpower!!!

Thanks again for the encouragement...from you ALL!
Old 09-12-2002, 03:54 PM   #111  

Default Hot Dogs

Toni- I like to have a hot dog occasionally and use the Hebrew National Kosher brand. They are all beef and very tasty. Seem to have less junk than a lot of other brands do. Hope you are feeling better now.

Wendy
Old 09-12-2002, 03:56 PM   #112  
LKF

Serene, you are doing well, too! You've lost 30 pounds! Wow! Since when? That's wonderful, too. I sure do appreciate your encouragement! Let's hang in there together and never have to worry again about being overweight, not that we have found such a great WOE!!!
Old 09-12-2002, 03:59 PM   #113  
LKF

Oops...I meant to say "NOW that we have found such a great WOE."
Old 09-12-2002, 04:12 PM   #114  

LKF - thanks for your encouragement also. That is what helps keep us going with this WOE, along with the support and friendship we find on this board. I started SB the first of April, although not seriously as first. I just did it because my good friend, Tranquil did. Anyway, it didn't take long to realize how much sense it made and to be serious about losing weight. My loss has been slow but I feel confident that it will stay off, once I get to goal.

I'm glad you joined us in this WOE!

Take Care,
Wendy
Old 09-12-2002, 04:19 PM   #115  
LKF

Wendy, thanks for making me feel so welcome here. I feel like I have made so many new friends! And just like you said, you may feel like weight loss has been slow but when you consider that it is a new WOE for life, the weight can come off as slowly as it pleases but we'll continue this great plan because it works and we can live with it! Actually, your weight loss seems incredible to me! So keep on in there and enjoy this process.
Old 09-12-2002, 04:38 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Me Again.

Just wanted to catch up before I leave.

Chrisb, Congrats on your 2 lbs. Work hard and it will stay off. I guess you could say my whole family eats this way. It's the only way I cook. My DH follows it pretty close, DD does not. Other DD is away at college and is trying to do SB. If they want somethng else, they can fix it. I try to eat foods pretty close to the way we normally eat. Eggplant is not something I have ever tried. Like too though. Good luck fighting all those temptations.

Beth, it was good to hear from you. We have been missing you. Glad you are staying the same, but come on we want to go down, down. I wish I knew something that would motivate you, but I think that is something you have to find in yourself. My 2 nieces just got bunnies at the Ky Fair and my DD called last night to say her roommate brought a bunny in the apt. I love the name snuggle.

Mercy, thanks for the rating on the chicken. I am going to try it next week.

Country, I like the feeling of muscles hurting too. My trainer tells me that they are working and not used to what you were doing. Keep up the good work.

Monet, By the time I get home, fix dinner, clean-up, fix lunches, walk, etc. I hardly have time to get on the computer at home. I do try to make chat on Tuesdays though. I really appreciate it when I do have time.

LKF, Glad to hear from you again. Glad to hear you are still doing good with SB. Congrats with your loss. I could have written your whole post. It is a duplicate of mine (except I have 2 grown kids). My DH is thing (except for his beer gut). He enjoys eating this way, but goes off some times. Last night he had French fries and a big hoagie bun (white). But generally does SB with me. I think this is the best WOE too. I don't even think about it anymore. I have never stuck with a diet for 11 months before in my life. Good luck to you. Oh, did you get any rolls thrown at you? That is the place that throws the rolls isn't it?

Gracious, I bet those crosses and flags were beautiful.

Toni, I buy hot dogs that just have less than 3 grams of sugar. It is beautiful here today too.

Serene, Congrats on passing the popcorn at the movies. I see the Banger Sisters is coming out this week. With Goldie Hawn. I just love her. I want to see it.

Have a great night everyone

Jackie
257/172/145
10-10-01
Old 09-12-2002, 04:51 PM   #117  
LKF

Jackie, hey! Thanks for more great encouragement...your DH (still want to know what that means...) sounds like a hoot! You gotta love 'em! They've never had to worry so they gotta go off every now and then! I am so proud of you for being on this plan for 11 months! Wow! And would you look at how much you have dropped in those 11 months!!! Now that's encouragement to me!!! You'll be at goal in no time.

No, didn't get the rolls thrown at me...I think that is down close to the Gulf Shores area near Mobile, Alabama...but I've heard of it, too. Landry's is just seafood...brought to the table! Ha!

Take care and thanks again for the encouragement!

I must sign off now for a few days but I'll be back Monday...sure have enjoyed all of you this afternoon!
Old 09-12-2002, 05:18 PM   #118  

LKF-Just had to tell you, DH stands for Dear Husband.

JACK-K-Yes, those crosses and flags were beautiful and sobering all at the same time.

TONI-I buy the 100% all beef weiners, 6 in a pack. They are the bigger ones and have 0 carbs....of course there is the fat content, but that is not as big of a concern to me. Just as long as there are no fillers and sugars.

SERENE- I agree, I think the SF icecream was a kind of comfort food on a hard day.

Man oh man, now you have me thinking about ice cream again!

See you all tomorrow...

SEF-I guess we will be missing out on SEF's usual jokes since she is on vacation.
Old 09-12-2002, 07:12 PM   #119  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!!!

TONI....NATHAN'S are the best in my opinion...have never tried the HEBREW NATIONAL...but do hear good things about them.

HELLO EVERYONE.....

BOB is so excited about BIG BROTHER being on for two hours tonight, I'm climbing up in the four poster and getting reclined before it comes on...

Hope everyone has had a good day....

BOB
Old 09-12-2002, 10:19 PM   #120  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Going to bed, just have a second to say good night to everyone.

I don't know when I'll be able to play catch-up with all the posts, hopefully sometime during the weekend, tomorrow I have a full day and have to leave the house fairly early to run a couple important errands for my parents that absolutely need to get done and then have some things of my own to tend to. I don't know where this week up and went to, and I wonder where I was as it was passing through my life!

Forgive me a million times over for not getting caught up as I thought I would. I do have a post I started, but by the time I have a chance to get it done it will all be old and outdated, so if I have to start anew, I hope you all understand.

Have to get in bed, ELI is getting up at 3:30am and I usually don't sleep after his alarm gets off, sorta fall in and out of conscienceness.

Will do my darndest to get in a post tomorrow night!!!

{{{HUGS}}} to you all!

Debbie
194/I don't want to know/129
SB since 3.22.00
Reached goal 6.10.01
Closed Thread