Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: Have you had the good fortune to (you can choose more than 1 answer, if it applies)
Met at least one person from this board (past or present members) 5 14.71%
Met more than one person but less than 5 people (past or present) 4 11.76%
Met more than 5 people but less than 10 people (past or present) 4 11.76%
Met more than 10 people (past or present) 2 5.88%
Talk to at least one or more people on the phone somewhat regularly (past or present) 6 17.65%
E-mail at least one or more people on a regular one-to-one basis (past or present) 8 23.53%
Haven't met anyone yet, but I hope to one day soon 10 29.41%
Haven't spoken on the phone to anyone yet, but hope to one day soon! 5 14.71%
Haven't e-mailed anyone regularly yet, but hope to done day soon! 2 5.88%
Just joining the board, so give me time!!! 5 14.71%
Have no interest in meeting, talking or e-mailing, just being on the board is enough for me. 3 8.82%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2002, 10:58 AM   #46  

ewww: that makes me Crusty Cootietush
Old 09-10-2002, 11:05 AM   #47  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good morning!

Good morning. Sitting here with the kids trying to keep them focused. My son is in anti school mode this moring...what's new these days. He can be such a challenge. Two of my kids use ACE and three are using Alpha Omega. My youngest is going to be the first that I've taught 100 percent with no public school at all. He is five.

Eating is going well, had a little nibble last night of some cocounut cake...but other than that eating OP. Not as much as I should because I still don't have my appetite back yet. I'm fixing to work out. That is one area I need to work on. I've been gone from the house alot so I haven't had the time I usually have. Last week I only got in two 3 mile walks and two workouts...ugh..but better than none I guess.

I'm with the no starchy carb ladies this week. I've got to do something. I'm tired of being stuck at this weight and I know it's my own fault and I need to get re-modivated.

I LOVED the picture of the donkey in the fridge.

Quilter...hang in there. The scales will get moving again. You just have to find the thing that clicks for you.

Monet...thanks for the inside about waiting to homeschool..I needed the reminder to take the pressure of when my kids don't seem to be as far along as some of the other kids. I KNOW that they will get there...but it's good to hear. Especially with my five year old.

Gracious....sorry your computer keeps giving you a hard time. I know it's not very fun to lose you long post and stuff.

Deb...hope you have a good fund raiser today.

Serene...yeah that the scales are already being nicer!!!

Tranquil..how is your foot doing now? Are you feeling better?

Jenn....praying you have a super wedding. Are you recovering well from your operation?

Well, I've missed more than half of you but the kids are being rowdy...sorry. You are all important and loved. Thanks for sharing your day with us. I love coming here to read about you all.

Love,
Crystle

235/154/140
Old 09-10-2002, 01:01 PM   #48  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Hey All!

Going to try and get in a few replies while I have a little free time.

Have to be back at the kids school about 5:30is this evening. We have our BOARD MEETING at 6pm and I have to have everything set up before that. ELI is brining SB COFFEE and some pastries and I have some board members bringing some desserts as well. ELI supplied us with a slew of door prizes to give away. Hopefully we'll have a good showing. It's an election day here today, plus being dinner time. Out of 550 families we hope at least 200 or so show up and of course, I hope that more than that buy something. At 7pm we have the ACADEMY NIGHT meeting and then after that we have a GENERAL BOARD MEETING for all parents to attend, if they want. So, this is the reason I most likely won't be at chat tonight. The GBM doesn't start til 8pm and that's IF we are running on time or Academy Night.

Would you believe, my neighbor calls me up last night and tells me that the case of agave I ordered from her longgggg ago, that she never used it and doesn't know if she ever will, so she offered it back to me! Someone up there must like me! Of course, I was more than happy to rescue it from her hands. She didn't want any money for it but I am going to pay her for it anyhow. I can't just take it, it's just not right.

I had done sooo good yesterday, all day and into the evening UNTIL MR. ENABLER a/k/a ELI came home with CHOCOLATE COVERED COFFEE BEANS as well as some SB'S CHOC. COFFEE BARS. Sad to say, I succumbed and ate an entire chocolate bar and a good amount of beans. I was fine up until then, was so good all day long. I'd never screwed up if he hadn't brought that crap home. I swear, when it comes to something that I can't normally get my hands on, I go nuts. I think he enjoys seeing me screw up from time-to-time. Anyhow, I'm back on track today, at least so far. I don't see myself giving in so easily today. AND, would you believe, I ate that chocolate bar even though it had that white coating on it from going from cold to hot and cold again. Doesn't taste bad, but sure does look funky-but that sure didn't stop me!

If anyone is interested in seeing the pictures from Michael's 16th bday party, here's the link:

http://picturecenter.kodak.com/share...Pc7Y76tas8aaN8

I just didn't want to post them on the board and bore anyone!

FORTY, are you journaling your foods at all? If you don't eat enough it can be just as bad as easting too much. It may be something very simple. Also, you may be at a stall just do to hormones. There can be many reasons. As long as you know you are eating OP then I wouldn't worry too much about the stall, it will give soon. Would be happy to help you figure things out if you'd like, well, at least from the eating standpoint.

JENN, sorry, but the bread wouldn't be okay per SB RULES. All fructose in this country is now made with corn, unfortuntately and it is a form of sugar. BUT, if it had only 3 grams of sugar per serving, you'd be okay under SB GUIDELINES, but anything above 3 is a nono Can't believe the wedding is coming up so quickly, are you more nervous or excited, or both???

TONI, skip breakfast? Not a good idea, I think, unless you have to force yourself to eat. Better to eat breakfast, fuels the day. Good going on the TM, keep up the great work. Which book are you waiting on from Ebay? Did I miss something?

DEBY, I'm sure as the days go on you'll be able to resist the sugar cravings. It's just hard to do unless you let your body totally detox. It's like if you were trying to stop drinking but allowed yourself a little taste of liquor each day, you'd never stop, same for smoking, taking a few drags a day you'll never quit. Same goes with sugar. Of course, doing something is better than nothing, but if you would allow yourself to detox from the sugar and other crappy foods, you will no longer crave them. Take a 3 day challenge and see what happens. It seems to take me a good 3 days to detox. This of course, is just my opinion-you know what's best for you I buy FF yogurt and will put some pureed fruit with a little sweetener in it, it's delicious. Also, think about making yogurt cheese too, very good. Just make sure the yogurt you buy does NOT have gelatin in it. I don't think those SORBE cookies are totally legal. I think they aren't made with WW flour-you may want to check the ingredient listing.

BOB, you could of voted for any of the poll questions, you'd just of had to done it all at the same time. I buy those peaches you mentioned. They are called SATURN or DONUT peaches. They have a white flesh and if you get some good ones, they're really tasty. Publix here has had them for .79 cents a pound, a good price considering Walmart had been selling them earlier for .79 a piece. Maybe the Publix down here has them mismarked.

QUILTER, don't worry about posting last week, at least we know we were in your thoughts. We know that each of us can get a bit busy and the board takes a back seat sometimes, but that it doesn't last for long (hopefully). It's good to be conscience of the starchy carbs and I think for many of us, myself included, we do tend to eat more than we should. I think it's more a portion thing. For instance, when I eat a ww tortilla, even though it's just one, it's actually equalling 2 carbs. If you can keep your carbs down to 2-3 a day, that's the best. It's hard to cut the starchy carbs out of your daily intake, but not impossible. I did try it, but it didn't last for long. I'm not a big carb lover but I do like to have my 2-3 day allotment (and then some, that there lies the problem sometimes). Wrong girlfriend, I'm still the one who's met the most people on the board. I think I'm up to 19. Nope, ELI doesn't count, at least not in the respect taht he's not an active participant of the board. Thanks for asking about the old fart. He's doing well, working hard and looks it! How's Paul, the young buck

TRANQUIL, I don't know what kind of board withdrawls you'll be experiencing while you are in the UK! OMG, it may be worse than sugar detox!! LOL!!

FILLISE, okay, so I confess, I wouldn't be a good cheerleader for any team beyond yelling GO, GO, GO!!!!! Hmmm, BB yogurt? Can you tell what the ingredients are in there? I really try hard to stay away from the stuff that has things I can't pronounce, much less know what the heck is in them. The only ice cream I've found that proves to be "pure" is Breyers, and of course, that's the plain flavors. Is there any other brands known like that?

MONET, I do have to agree, your DH does look fabulous from the pics you had shown me. I hope the changes at Harry's are good ones! I don't remember seeing the agave when we went-if we did, I was more focused on the chocolates! I'm hoping my Mom tells me she's going to go through Hotlanta on the way home, if so, I'll see if she can get me some more bread from there. Find anything else good there?

JACKK, hope you have a better night tonight-I didn't sleep well at all last night either. May have something to do with the chocolate and the coffee that was in it I ate late last night

GRACIOUS, FRUIT posted this months ago and I loved it, though it was too close to being accurate. I'm LUMPY GIRDLETUSH

MERCY, for me, I started to feel different right before I turned 40 last year. The Dr. told me I'd start seeing some changes and I poo-pooed him. Little did I realize! I started having night sweats-boy, those sure are fun! I just hope I don't see any other signs come along any time soon-I DON'T LIKE IT A BIT!!!!! Glad you liked the cheesecake, seems everyone does.

ATLANTA MOM, Thanks for posting your BIO on the BIO BOARD. I can see now, you, TRANQUIL & BOB will have a lot in common-they too think that going shopping is a form of exercise! You also have something in common with MONET, as you both live in the Atlanta area and have the good fortune of being able to shop at Harry's! Don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have, we are all more than happy to help! Looking forward to getting to know you better CRUSTY COOTIETUSH!

COUNTRY, playing teacher sure could be taxing at times, I'm sure. Like you said, some exercise is better than nothing, which is what many people tend to do, or not do, so be proud of what you were able to get in, it IS better than nothing.

SERENE, are you and TRANQUIL going for walks this week? Make sure you eat enough! Don't get so caught up with things that you don't. Yeah, yeah, I bet you and TRANQUIL were having such a wonderful time you just forgot to call me Blueberry cheesecake? Did she just spread some on the top or were there blueberries inside instead/as well? Sounds yummy!!!!! Oh, anytime in the evening is good for me, esp. after 8pm except for tonight, or during BB!

MEL, how can you forget you paid the bill? It's hard enough for me to pay mine just once, but to do it twice? That's something a goyim does, not a Jew But of course, being the Queen I know you to be, you did us Jewish women proud and spent that money and made us proud BTW, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!My goodness, I do seem to of gotten caught up! YIPEEE!!! Okay, now I can go and take a shower, I'm starting to ferment!

Will try to check in later tonight, otherwise it will be sometimes tomorrow afternoon. My Sister needs me to go pick her and the kids up tomorrow morning while she gets he car fixed and then I have to run a few errands for my Mom, so I'll be out most of the day.

Toodles

Debbie
Old 09-10-2002, 02:14 PM   #49  

Well, I am so proud to know that my new name is
ZIPPY CHICKENTUSH Glad I didn't know this tidbit of information before I went to the doctor today. My appointment was with the head doctor, not the body doctor. Finding out this kind of thing would really have hindered the progress of getting all those people in my head to work as a team!

Actually - I love it! Thanks, gracious, for posting that again. I've never heard of the children's book that it came from. Is that a fairly recent one or has it been around for a while?

Fillise- I understand the initial fascination with the digital scale. When I first got mine, I was stepping on it constantly. And if I woke up during the night to use the potty - well, then I would get on it twice - before and after. The fascination has now calmed down to a love/hate relationship - something I guess we can all relate to.

Atlanta Moma - aka - Crusty Cootietush - welcome to the board. We aren't always so silly - sometimes it is worse! A good laugh helps to get through this way of eating.

CountryMom, come on and just join us no starchy carb ladies! If I were so close to goal, and had done as well as you, I think it would be easy for me to get complacent. Just having the scale move down one pound was very exciting and motivating for me this morning!

Deb,NO ! Tranquil and I aren't going for walks this week as she is supposed to stay off that foot as much as possible. Remember, the foot that was hurting so much when we came for our visit? I really didn't forget to call you Sunday night. We were eating cheesecake and watching the season finale of one of our favorite shows - so we have our priorities you know! The blueberries were cooked in the cheesecake and it was heavenly! I will call you one night this week for sure! Don't worry, it won't be during BB since I watch that also. Thanks for the link to view the birthday pictures. I plan to do that as soon as I finish my post.l

Jack - Thanks for the advice about the fruits and veggies. I did get stocked up on some. I was craving more protein yesterday when I wasn't having the carbs. Today is the same way. Is that about normal or just me being weird? I am going to do my best to get that hysterectomy done. I keep hearing it is harder to get one because of HMO red tape, or at least that is what the doctors like to say. I'm going to really push the issue when I go in to discuss my results with my new doctor.

Quilter, sounds like you are off to a good start on our plan! I knew you wouldn't let yourself down about getting back on the board. It is like our lifeline in this WOE! We didn't really name a specific amount of carbs when we chatted. I'm staying away from the breads, pastas and sweet potatoes, but allowing myself some fruits. My Mom came home last night from a visit to her sister in Georgia - and guess what she brought back for me. A large bad of gorgeous Georgia grown sweet potatoes! I couldn't believe it! I put them aside and will allow myself one later in the week. Isn't there a new beer out that is very low in carbs? I'm not a beer drinker, but seems like I saw an advertisement for it. Wonder if that would be ok to drink? I hope you can make it to chat tonight!

The chicken dish that Tranquil made Sunday night, was a recipe from the board. It had cream cheese, onions, mushrooms, chicken breasts - and I can't remember what else. It was very tasty. I've already mentioned how good the cheesecake was, however, I will say it again - YUMMY! Thanks T, for another delicious dinner! I'm sure she would have an extra seat at the table for anyone that wanted to come be a guinea pig for one of her meals!

monet, glad you enjoyed the true story also. It made me think of myself, always asking for God to take the problem away instead of asking for strength to deal with it.

melf, I enjoyed the pics you posted. If your visit was anything like the one we had in St. Augustine, then I know it was wonderful!

Have to get busy once again - need to do some serious yard work before I have a jungle on my hands.

Take Care,
Wendy aka Zippy Chickentush

Last edited by Serene; 09-10-2002 at 03:01 PM.
Old 09-10-2002, 02:23 PM   #50  

Hey, what's this thing about Advertising of any kind being illegal???

Ok, I'm trying to play catch up here, so I actually started at the beginning of this week's board & will try to respond to as many as I can.

Zanne, Monet, Fillis, Jenn in MN, Mercy, Rosalie, Gator, Serene, Thanks for the belated BD wishes!

Debbie, I loved this week's poll question. I was able to check off 3 of them. I have not given up hope in someday meeting you also.
LDBLOND, I am also happy to see you back on the board! Did your ears ring Friday? Red1 & I talked about you & Nancy. She mentioned wanted to try to meet with you since the 2 of you are not that far from each other.

Rosemary, fortytude, Glad to hear that you have decided to try SB & found your way to this board! A little late, but WELCOME! Doing a menu ahead of time is a good idea so that you can plan & shop ahead to have everything ready to fix. That way you're not tempted to fix illegal stuff at the last minute. Sounds like you're on the right track. Hey, there will be periods of stand-still with the scale, but hang in there & it will move again.

Jenn in MN, That is exciting that you are starting to settle in to your new home. Hope you are recovering ok after your surgery.

debyj, Congrats on being sober for the past 5 months! That in itself is a great complishment. You hang in there. You will soon learn to make wiser choices when the cravings come. Be prepared with some legal snacks when you know others will be drinking, that way even if you overdo it, you won't feel so bad about it. Good for you for tossing out those leftover brownies!

Serene, Hope you can see a new doc soon to see about taking care of that discomfort due to the cyst & ovary. Great on your new determination to exercise 3 days a week. That is what I need to do, I'm just having a real hard time getting back into an exercise program because I enjoy walking most of all, but it's just too hot & too humid to get out there. I do have an exercise machine that I know I should try to get back on, I just don't seem to be motivated enough to do it. "( OH, LOVED your true story about the boy & the derby too. Thanks for posting it.

Jack-K Thanks for the compliment, but surely you jest! Me?? cute?? I think not, but I am the way God made me & I have learned to live with that. I DO love the color of my hair & a few other things, like being as active as I am for age 54 But I am proud of myself for loosing the weight, getting to goal, & yes, for maintaing it. And yes, I absolutely agree with you that Red1 IS pretty!

Meliris Sounds like you had a great birthday & what a special treat for you to find that you over paid a bill! I wish we could send you some of our too. We have not been able to cut grass & there is a lake under my house

QUILTER/Kim, Good for you to take Serene's challenge. Sounds like a great plan to boost your loses. OK, the pictures are of me & Red1 (Cyndi) from Ridgecrest, CA. They were down in New Orleans & we set up a meeting. Posted all about it on Sunday. We had a great time.

Tranquil, Hope you're feeling better by now. Hey, does your son enjoy those classes with the 23:2 ratio? I think he's about my GS's age if my memory serves me correctly & I know boys that age are getting an interest in girls. I know my GS would probably a class with that many girls in it. LOL

FILLISE, I love the Blue Bunny Lite SF FF Yogart! I need to go to WM & pick up some more cause I'm running low. I eat that alot of mornings either with my oatmeal or Uncle Sam's cereal. Perfect sweetener!

Well, I've gotten to the end of last night's posts anyway, but I need to run to the bank then pick up my GS at school & bring him to the Library. Will try to get back & pick up where I left off. It's good to be able to finally get a chance to catch up with the reading & posting. I really miss all of you when I don't get a chance to read. Have a great day ya'll!!!
Old 09-10-2002, 03:42 PM   #51  

My art student was a sweetie...and very talented. Its going to be fun working with him. He wants to do it all...watercolor, pastel, drawing, sculpture... it will keep me on my toes for sure!

FILLISE: If you get through Atlanta, and have time, I would love to try and meet you! Just let me know!

DEB: Nothing new at Harry's... if your mom can't get you the bread, and you want it, just ask. I would be happy to send some to you.

ATLANTA: Welcome! Where are you? I am in the Peachtree Corners area.....
Old 09-10-2002, 04:25 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Got to post this quick, boss is coming to do work. YUK

Gracious, your exercising sounds good. The walk over the river sounds like fun.

Fillise, Hey, my team is to a real team. We just usually stink. Now when BB comes around, that is totally a different story. Watch out.

Deb, hope you raise a lot of money tonite. Also hope you make it back for chat. We miss you.

Mercy, Sorry you won't be at chat tonite. I always enjoy chatting with you. Have fun at open house.

Country, Sounds like you have been busy. Yes a little exercise is better than none. Sounds like you did pretty good to me though.

Deb, Sounds like you are running ragged today. What’s wrong with the husband of yours? Is he crazy? He should know better than to bring the stuff home. I’m surprised you weren’t WIDE awake all nite. Did you send the rest of it back with him? Glad you are back on track today. Don’t eat the goodies at school tonite. Man you are swimming in the agave. Lucky you.

Atlanta Mom, Welcome. This is a great board for support and friendship. Join us at chat tonite. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Serene, I’m sure craving protein is normal, especially when not eating carbs. Good luck on your no carb week.

Melf, Don’t you find that there are so many more things you like about yourself now that you have lost the weight? I sure do. I think maintaining may be the hardest part. I’m not that far behind you in age. Being active keeps you young.

Hope to make it to chat tonite.

Jackie
257/173.145
10-10-01
Old 09-10-2002, 04:26 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

This is Dorkey Diaperbuns...just checking in.
Old 09-10-2002, 05:53 PM   #54  

Ok, I'm trying to finish up here & try to respond to as many as I can.

Not sure if I'll make it to chat tonight or not, but will try to remember. The few times I have, I've really enjoyed it.

BOB, That was a cute pic you posted of your arse??? Was he checking to see if there was leftover chicken in the frig?? LOL

Monet, I love tabouli and hummus & other ME foods. Haven't made any in a while. You talking about it has made me hungry for some. Good idea!

Serene, Horrah for the scale going down! ZIPPY CHICKENTUSH?? LOL Glad to hear you're back on track. Thanks for the compliment. Yes, Cyndi & I had a good visit & our DH's got on really well too.

Gracious, Too bad you're having all those computer problems. My DD & I were trying to chat last night online & her's kept freezing up on her too. What a mess. Mine use to freeze up alot too, but doesn't do it nearly as often now. My DH says it's because I have so much junk on it. That's his opinion, not mine Oh, just saw your post about the new names. Mine would be loopy Liverbrains

Debbie, Sounds like you have a very busy day today! Loved the pis of Michael's BD party. Looks like he had a blast! Thanks for sharing those with us.

Mercy Sounds like you had a wonderful supper last night. I think I'll have to eventually break down & make Deb's cheesecake, but I'm afraid of what will happen if I do. Either DH will eat it all & not share with me or visa versa

Atlanta Mom, or Crusty Cootietush welcome to the board!

CountryMom4Him, I'm sure home-schooling can't always be a breeze, but I admire you & others on the board that are attempting it. Our school systems are certainly not what they use to be. I'm just glad that I am beyond that phase of life

Jack-K Yes, I agree....there are more things that I do like about myself since I have lost the weight. I have a better over-all attitude about self. I really had a poor self-image before & have really been working on that as well. Maintaining is not too bad, but I find myself wanting to lose just a few more lbs & having a hard time doing it. I have had no problem staying between 133-136, but i'd much rather be below that. A lot of people are telling me that I should not lose more, but.... I feel that I should. I think if I would really get into exercise mode, I could do it.

Heartmom, Was thinking about you earlier today. How are you? How is Boogie?? Has he had his surgery yet?

Well horray! I have made it to the bottom of all the posts! First time in a long time! Hope I didn't miss anyone!

Got to get to the kitchen & work on supper. Going to do something with eggplant, not sure what...& put some chicken patties on the Foreman Grill with a side salad I think. I remember someone had posted a recipe for eggplant, so I think I'll check out the recipe board to see if I can find something there. Later!!
Old 09-10-2002, 06:47 PM   #55  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!!

HEY...DEB!!!!! Sign me up several times....I love door prizes....Especially STARBUCK DOOR PRIZES!!!!!
Any way that you can load my ARSE into my signature line? He's so cute, and should become our mascot!!
Those were MY CHOCOLATE BEANS!!!! and is that an icecream bar you're talking about?

JACKIE.......OH MY....I didn't know that UK had a football team!!!
Get some rest my friend...I didn't sleep well either...I was up cleaning the carpet by my bed ....turned over 7UP and could just visualize those little sugar ants....

THREE MORE DAYS TILL BIG BROTHER!!!!!!!! I'm predicting LISA and AMY will be put out...they need to get LISA out while they can...AMY can go any time...I want it to come down to Jason and Marcellus...

EVERYBUDDY!!!! I've got to run...it's election day here on the WEST COAST OF FLA...the CHADS over on the EAST COAST didn't know how to work their machines this morning so now the polls are open until 9p.m.!!

OK...WHO'S BEEN ADVERTISING?????

BOB

DRINK THAT WATER!!!!
Old 09-10-2002, 06:49 PM   #56  

Good evening... Haven't felt to great today so am late getting on... Feel like the whole day has past me by.. I laid around after having company this morning and finished my Eat yourself slim by Michael Montique... It was really interesting and made me better understand SB.. But did pose a question.. Are hot dogs OP? Well did a stupid thing got some sugar free candy off e-bay from an orchard. They're like fruit and nut kind of.. I was so excited and when I got the case and read the label I can't eat them... They have cornstarch in them and a couple of sweetners that I don't think I should eat... Dang I hate to have wasted my money on them.. Won't try that again..

gracious- Glad you got your post in before you froze up...

Fillise- Sounds like you're busy busy...

Debilli- Hope you got all your stuff done for the meeting tonight...Sounds like a big night and you've worked hard.. Oh darn you are so lucky with the agave.. Yum on the chocolate bars... Its over and now time to get back on...

Mercy- Your dinner sounds wonderful.. You make me hungry for baked fish and especially Deb's cheesecake..

CountryMom-Good luck on the no starchy carbs this week. It I don't lose this week I'll try that next.. That has to be so hard to homeschool children. I really admire all you women that do that..

Serene- Hope all went well at the doctor.. I'll have to go look at that chicken recipe.. Thanks for posting about it.. Hope you got some yardwork done..

Melf- Sounds like you're busy and doing fine...

Hi Monet and Jack-K

Welcome Atlanta Mom....

Better go finish dinner we're having baked chicken tonight... Good luck on WIW.

213/169/130
Old 09-10-2002, 06:50 PM   #57  

Oh my gosh Bob.... Roflmao
Old 09-10-2002, 07:57 PM   #58  

Toni48, sorry to hear you're not feeling too great, but I see that BOB did a good job of cheering you up

BOB you are just tooooo much

Made my own version of eggplant parmesean for supper along with some fresh smothered okra, sliced cukes & the grilled chicken patties. DH loved it & so did I.
Old 09-10-2002, 08:15 PM   #59  

Lumpy Bubbletush signing in for the evening, and hopefully will meet you all on chat tonight if I can get kiddo in gear with some homework...... he is beside me working on it.....

JackK - you asked about the recipe: Creamy Chicken Pockets
From Sonya

4 chicken breasts, boned, skinned
4 T butter
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1/2 medium onion, chopped
4 ozs. cream cheese
4 mushrooms, sliced

On a large piece of aluminum foil, place the chicken topped with the butter (1 T on each breast), garlic, onion and mushrooms. Cube the cream cheese and place it around the chicken. Fold up the sides of the foil and seal. Place the foil packet into a 350 degree oven and bake until completely cooked ( about an hour). Remove the chicken pieces first, then stir the sauce and spoon back over the meat.

It was delicious - found it on our site, posted by Sonya....

Monet - I bet you are THE cook, you sure do bake a mean cake and decorate them so well!!!! But you are more than welcome to come over for dinner anytime!

Toni - Sorry you are under the weather today - hope you are feeling better!!!

Bob - you are too funny....meanwhile, make sure you mention that it is SOUTH eastern coast where the problem is....

Melf - My DS is totally gaga over the girls - he has Heather, his girlfriend too..... according to him a very pretty blonde girl.... I am still feeling a little edgy, must be sinuses and stress headache, keeps coming and going....

Atlanta Mom - Welcome!!!!!

Deb - Thank Goodness my hotel has free internet access!!!! One of the reasons it sparked my interest - so I will be posting from the Lovely UK!!! Won't you all just love that -

Country - I too am cutting out the starchies.... Thanks for asking about the foot, trying to stay off of it as much as possible, wearing this ugly brace, but therapy and shots start on Friday morning - and it is supposed to get much better then! I miss my workouts and such...Oh and Boss is giving me his treadmill if I can have someone help me get it home... and just in time - a free treadmill when I cannot walk!!! hahaha

Well better help boy - he is giving me dirty looks!

Sabrina
Old 09-10-2002, 08:26 PM   #60  

Default Tuesday

Is recommending something we like considered advertising?

MY LAPTOP IS FIXED!!!! And guess what it was? The POWERPACK. The technician got a new one in a day and I've been waiting a month for a new motherboard, cpu and keyboard. He put them in so I practically have a brand new computer. I can really tell the difference with this keyboard and it feels good.

Thank you all for the good birthday wishes. I spent the whole day at school. After my teaching job, I went to my first graduate class from 4-9. We did get out a little early. One of my friends brought a birthday cake and the group sang "Happy Birthday" to me. BOB: I did eat a tiny piece of the cake because I hated to be rude. They didn't know I don't eat cake anymore. But when she tried to give it to me, I told her to take it home because she had more kids at her house who would eat it.

My birthday present: the loss of 2 more pounds this morning!! Debbj: I've been sitting at 160 since the first of July so I know how you feel about the stall. It feels good, though, when the scales drop.

Quilter: Don't you worry about your absence. We miss you and are glad when you check in. There are many things better about me this year than last. I'm grateful for that.

Deb: Isn't the beginning of the year busy? For parents who volunteer and for the teachers. October's going to be a busy month for me with meetings and classes.

Monet: I bet it's fun teaching art to someone as eager and talented as that young student.

Gracious & LDBlond: My 2 cents about formal teaching of little ones: Keep it simple. They learn best through active, hands on, play type activities. The paper and pencil will come soon enough. Make sure they have concrete activities, that's how they learn best. And READ READ READ aloud to your children. They are never too old to crawl up in your lap and listen to you read to them.

Atlanta Mom: Welcome to the board. I need to read the bio board and catch up on our newbies.

BOB: Oh my. Are you spying on me!!???

Melf: You and Red1 look great!!! Wish I could visit NO. I loved it there when I visited years ago. I bet it's quite different now.

DH got a job offer today from that company in Amarillo. Looks like he'll be renting a small apartment and coming home on weekends. I offered to relocate next summer after DD graduates from HS, but he said he really doesn't want us to have to move. He'd like our youngest to be able to graduate from here. But that's 5 years, so we'll have to wait and see.

Thunderwoman: How are you and the new baby girl doing? Hope sitting up is easier now.

Gotta run and figure out something to cook. Thinking it's going to be some frozen shrimp.

Now that the laptop is working, maybe I can get to chat tonight. Hope so!!!

Later y'all!
Jeanie
196/158/130
Poopsie Bubblekisser
Closed Thread