Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: Have you had the good fortune to (you can choose more than 1 answer, if it applies)
Met at least one person from this board (past or present members) 5 14.71%
Met more than one person but less than 5 people (past or present) 4 11.76%
Met more than 5 people but less than 10 people (past or present) 4 11.76%
Met more than 10 people (past or present) 2 5.88%
Talk to at least one or more people on the phone somewhat regularly (past or present) 6 17.65%
E-mail at least one or more people on a regular one-to-one basis (past or present) 8 23.53%
Haven't met anyone yet, but I hope to one day soon 10 29.41%
Haven't spoken on the phone to anyone yet, but hope to one day soon! 5 14.71%
Haven't e-mailed anyone regularly yet, but hope to done day soon! 2 5.88%
Just joining the board, so give me time!!! 5 14.71%
Have no interest in meeting, talking or e-mailing, just being on the board is enough for me. 3 8.82%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2002, 10:50 AM   #16  

Good Monday Morning, All. On my way to get the kids to school, but wanted to ready Deb's MM 1st thing.

Deb, thanks for the MM and for the vote of confidence. As for sticking around, you bet, I have no plans of going anywhere that doesn't include this group.

Gracious, everytime you post I find we have a little more in common. I too, am trying to homeschool my 3 1/2 year old boy. My next door neighboor is a former preschool teacher and has given me some goodies. Last week we worked on the letter O, because I knew he could recognize it and associate it with orange and circles. We did a little worksheet type stuff, but mostly hands on or finding the items in our everyday life. Seemed to work and he retained it.

JRED - Happy Birthday! Did you get any rain your way? We finally got something like .02 of an inch, but at least it was something considering it's been like 130 days

I'm off to get the kids to school! Have a great one!
Old 09-09-2002, 10:50 AM   #17  

This one is blurred but the only one with our DH's taken by the waiter.
Old 09-09-2002, 10:53 AM   #18  

Opps! I think I just mixed up JRED with the other RED from CA....Sorry JRED happy birthday, please disregard the CA rain reference.
Old 09-09-2002, 11:13 AM   #19  
Wannabe skinny babe

Good morning!

Happy birthday, Jred!

Happy belated to Mel and Melf.

Started off last evening trying to get back OP fully. I’ve found my pots and pans so I have NO excuse not to cook at home now. I also signed up with a home grocery delivery service, so my fridge is very full.

We had grilled salmon last night, with steamed asparagus, and yellow squash salad (steamed yellow squash with garlic pepper and a little mayo, chilled). For Dan, I had sourdough garlic toast, but I confess I had a slice. It's still (barely) legal, at least.

I think I may have goofed this morning – I ordered “Brainy Bagels” from Natural Ovens. I love their breads, and especially like the high fiber content. Anyway, I had a bagel with some cream cheese, then read the label to find it had 6 grams sugar. They don’t add sugar per se, but it was sweetened with crystallized corn fructose. Is that legal? I know corn syrup isn’t, but I thought fruit and veggie based fructose (like in that Dannon Light n’ Fit yogurt) was legal. Can anyone enlighten me?

I’ve got red grapes, a white nectarine, and Ln’F blueberry yogurt to snack on, along with a hard salami and cheddar sandwich for lunch. I know, it’s heavy on the starchy carbs today, so I’m planning on a Subway salad for dinner. I have a class Monday and Wednesday nights for a couple of months, so it’s straight from work to school for me. Ugh!

Anyhow, other than settling into the house and playing with the puppy, I tried to have a relaxing weekend. Watched “Kate and Leopold” on DVD, and have “Gosford Park” ready for later in the week.

We’re getting our marriage license tomorrow, and meeting with the organist on Thursday. Only 26 days until the wedding! Yikes!

Hope everyone else had a good weekend. I’ll try to catch up on posts a bit later.

Jenn
Old 09-09-2002, 11:18 AM   #20  

Wink

Hi all!!!

Melf and Meliris- Happy Belated Birthday.

Jred- Happy Birthday!!!

Gracious- I love the Abeka Curriculum. I love how it is Christian based.

Fortytude-- Welcome!!!

Roaslie: Thanks so much for the recipe for the Rice pudding.

Will check back later!!!
Old 09-09-2002, 11:28 AM   #21  

A brand new week to deal with... Started off with my treadmill this morning and drinking my water.. Think I'll skip breakfast and have an omelet for lunch. Going to try and stay away from the starchy carbs this week and see if I can get a little boost on my weight. Wish my book would come from e-bay so I could get to reading it!!! Maybe today... I need to run some errands soon so it will get me out of the house for awhile.. I'm getting way to lazy!!! Hope everyone had a good week-end..

j red Happy Birthday!!! Happy Birthday!!! to youuuuuuuuuuuuu..

Zanne- Good morning.. Hope you have a great day!

gracious- I hope you can get your computer going soon... Good luck with the homeschooling..

Monet- Hope you crawled back in bed and got a nice rest....

Debilli-Sounds like you're off and running this morning.... What a good start to the week you have..

Jack-K- Wow you have the heat too.. We're supposed to get a cool front in tomorrow.. But don't trust the weatherman... Sounds like you're off to a good start today too....

fortytute- Yep that exercise can sure do it... But it sure helps to write down what we eat and check to see if we're slipping somewhere...Good luck.

Fillise- Two weeks isn't to long... Wow you're all planned and ready for the week.. Good idea on the calcium...

Sef- Happy trip!!!!

Melf- The pictures are great!!!! Thank you for posting them..

Idblond- Good luck on your week... Lucky you got rain..

Well hope I haven't missed anyone... Have a great day...

213/169/130
Old 09-09-2002, 11:31 AM   #22  

Good Morning All

Hope you all had a good weekend.

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO MEL & MELF

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JRED

No time to post any more now. Will try to get back later. Had to get some chores done this morning now off to play badminton.

Bye for now.

Marie.
Old 09-09-2002, 12:10 PM   #23  

Happy Birthday JRED!!

I want to say hi to everyone here, i'm sorry i just haven't learned everyone's name and stories yet!!

OKay--okay, gonna get back on today!!! I"m not really too upset that i cheated over the weekend cause this is the first football season that i'm on the wagon---(alcohol abuser, sober since 4-7-02) Soooo, i tend to really crave sugar when others are drinking. Soo, i'm just one day at a timing it--so the saying goes...
I'VE GOT TO GET RID OF THESE EXTRA BROWNIE!!

Hope everyone has a good day!! Thanks to everyone for the inspiration!!!--debyj
Old 09-09-2002, 01:49 PM   #24  

Peeking in before I get dinner started.

LDBLOND-That is great….I have the nearly 4 year old boy, a six year old boy and an 8 year old girl..what do you have? Our first homeschooling session went very well. We worked on the Number 1, using blocks, a flashcard and a worksheet. We also did the Letter I, using the flashcard, worksheet and a song. I sticky tacked the cards to the kitchen wall and we have re-visited them numerous times today and it has stuck with him too! We also worked on our colours. He seems to have them all down pat but tends to forget blue and green…another few times and I think he will be fine.

MERCY- I also love the A Beka curriculum. It is fantastic because it is Christian and so academic. My daughter has done extremely well in Christian school using that curriculum and has won awards for her academics. She is now in Grade 3 and is enjoying it very much. My son, just went into Grade 1, reads fluently and does very well with his math. I credit the wonderful teachers and curriculum at our school with their success. Not to fail to mention prayer and the grace of God!

MELF-Great photos, thanks for posting them.

TONI-I was reading your earlier post when you mentioned that the last 39 lbs will be harder to lose than the first 44 lbs. You have done so very well and we all know it slows down near the end, just keep working at it. Tweak your menu and see what helps..then let me know! I have found that this last bit of weight has by far been the most difficult, but if we stay determined, we will do it!

JENN-Wow, your wedding is right around the corner. I trust you are feeling fully recovered from your surgery. Is your puppy housetraining well? Ours is doing very well now and I am glad of that!

DEBYJ-Better a bit of sugar or some carbs than messing up your fantastic record of being dry! {hugs} Congrats for getting over that hurdle.

I went offline to type this up from memory so I hope I didn’t mess up. It froze, as usual, so I am trying this way! Bye for now…gotta go make some zucchini lasagna for dinner again…we all loved it.
Old 09-09-2002, 02:40 PM   #25  
Little Engine That Could

Just got back from a 2 mile walk. It's fixin' to rain, so didn't chance going any further. Plus, I go and lift weights in 20 minutes, so wanted to cool down just a bit. I think I was pretty legal this weekend, but must have eaten too much because I really felt yukky last night and this morning. I just had a small glass of grapefruit juice for breakfast and wasn't hungry until lunch, when I had a bowl of tuna salad and a wedge of honeydew melon.

Happy birthday to the Birthday of the Week girls!

Gotta go. Just wanted to check in.
Old 09-09-2002, 03:46 PM   #26  

I'm so glad this is a new week - to start fresh with good eating! In addition to committing to exercise at least 3 days and laying off starchy carbs, I'm going to post everyday. Even if it is just to say hello! Being accountable will help me to stay OP because I know I can't keep quiet when I cheat!

So far today, I've had scrambled eggs and coffee for breakfast. A salad and hamburger patty for lunch, with unsweetened tea. Does this sound OK so far? I think I need to read the SB book again as I seem to be forgetting a lot of the info. Maybe that wil be my goal for next week. I probably won't get to the gym today but will go tomorrow.

Ok, Quilter - I will be looking for a report from you since we are supposed to be doing this together this week. I believe Tranquil is jumping in on this also, except for the exercise that she can't do.

Deb, sorry about not calling you last night like I said I would. I went to Tranquil's for a delicious dinner, including blueberry cheesecake! It was so YUMMY and SB legal! It was rather late before I got home and thought I shouldn't call at that hour. I will try another night this week - which one is good for you?

Melf and Mel, Belated Birthday wishes to you both. Hope you had a great one!

JRED, Wishing you a wonderful birthday today! Hope you are doing something special to celebrate.

gracious, glad you are able to get on for a few short posts. I know there are a lot of resources online regarding homeschool curriculum, new and used. Have you checked those out?

Monet, I love the funny name on your signature!(Booger Gigglehiney) I just have to know - where does it come from? I've noticed quite a few others have one also, so I've apparently missed out on something fun.

I had my pelvic ultrasound done this morning. Looks like part of what is causing my pain and cramping is fluid accumulated around my left tube and ovary. Will see a new doctor in the next few weeks to see if anything will be done. Meanwhile, I won't get my hopes us for that elusive hysterectomy!

Will check in later - have to get some things done!

Take care,
Wendy
Old 09-09-2002, 04:39 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi checking in before I leave for the day. Heading home to fix ww pita pizzas and then to my DD last volleyball game. Nothing exciting with me.

Seems like a lot of SB back on track today. That's great. Good luck to all.

Fortytude, Post a couple days menues and someone will look them over for you. Good luck on that exercising.

Fillise, I just read an article in Reader's Digest about milk being the #1 food to keep you skinny. Of course that caught my eye. So now I am drinking more milk. They said cheese was good for you too. What kind of yogurt can we eat? Anything with fruit already in it? Have a good week. WTG on planning all yur food and having snacks ready.

Sef, Have a wonderful trip. We will miss you. Be safe.

Melf loved the pics. You are such a cutie and so thin.

Jenn, Gosh your wedding has gotten here quick. I hope you have enjoyed all the planning and most importantly enjoy the big day. Can't help on the bagels, but someone will I'm sure. SOunds like you are getting your new house in tip top shape.

Red 1, You are so pretty and thin. Congrats.

Toni, Guess we are getting your cold front, it's supposed to move in here Wed or Thurs. Still no rain though. You are up and at the exercise today. WTG

Debyj, Get rid of those brownies. They will call your name until you give in. Give them to a neighbor, kid, etc.

Gracious, yur dinner sounds delicious. Hope you get that computer fixed.

Gator, You are doing great with your exercising. Keep up the good work.

Serene, Your menu sounds good, but you need to stock up on some veggies and fruit. They will help fill you up. I try to always have veggies and fruit at lunch and veggies for dinner (3 or 4). Fruit for my snack before I get into the cheese and nuts. WTG on your exercise, posting and no carb committment this week. You should show a good loss for your efforts. I think I would insist on that hysterectomy if I were you.

Have a good evening everyone. Talk to you tomorrow.

Jackie
257/173/145
10-10-01
Old 09-09-2002, 05:02 PM   #28  
Mel

Default Thank you everyone!

For the birthday wishes, that is.... it was a really nice day, didn't do a lick of house work which is my usual Sunday fare. The bracelet I bought myself, because I had paid my Macy's bill twice somehow(!!! time for the looney bin) and had a credit- too good to be true! Practical me didn't blow it all since dh and ds need some clothes, bit it's a very nice bracelet. I hate buying clothes or much of anything else there, tho, cause I'm always thinking " I know I can get this chepaer somewhere else!"

Happy Birthday JRED!

Texas and Florida ladies: SEND RAIN! We're parched up here!

gotta go,

mel
Old 09-09-2002, 06:09 PM   #29  

Okay---I tossed the brownies!!

In my glucose revolution book, it says that you can have sugar-free fat free yogurt--with fruit.

I also bought some sorbe sugar free cookies that are quite tasty. They are made with splenda

I also got some flaxseed oil which i read somewhere is good for you cause it helps regulate insulin with omega3 fatty acids, blah, blah-i have no idea what i'm talking about

Anyway--gonna have some chicken tonite with a salad---but...i still have sugar free ice cream in the freezer and my pampered chef ice cream scoop!!!! This 9-11 thing is sooo depressing, i think it's making me want comfort food!!----i will post later!!

debyj
Old 09-09-2002, 07:00 PM   #30  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!!!

DEB...I COULD HAVE VOTED MORE THAN ONCE!!!!! Where were the combo questions??????
I saw the strangest peaches yesterday...they were shaped like that flat white winter squash...only fuzzy and peach colored..
$.79 ea....wanted to...but didn't...

DEBJ...I got an email from my brother today....his first words???
IT'S GONNA BE A LOOOOOOOOOONG SEASON!!!. He was so disgusted. It bothers him more because he used to play there..he knows the potential...and sees it first hand that it's not being used!!

JEANIE.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRLFRIEND~!!!!!
Hope you have a good day...don't eat too much cake...

OH....DEBBIE....
DON'T EVER SAY YOU'RE GONNA PULL FOR "BAMA" TO AN AUBURN or TENNESSEE fan...Oh. you've gone a done it...it's bad enough when you say that to one of the SEC fans, but when you say it to an AUBURN FAN, you've gone as low as you can go!!!!
YOU'RE GONNA HAVE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT WHAT WE DO HERE!!

JACKIE... Tell that new coach of yours that it's bad manners to run the score up like that...we only overlook it in the SWAMP and I don't really think that's gonna happen too often there anymore
Payton did really good didn't he? If it's possible for him to improve, I really believe that he's gotten better. So glad they won! Didn't get to see Tim play yesterday...

Did everyone see my little ARSE picture from yesterday??? If not, please go back and look at it...it's so cute that
Now I'm wondering if Deb can put that in my signature somehow to use all the time!!! I think it's a good logo...don't y'all?????

HELLO to all I missed!!!

BOB
Closed Thread