Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: How many traffic tickets (moving violations) have you received in your driving life?
0 3 11.54%
1 8 30.77%
2 7 26.92%
3 3 11.54%
4 2 7.69%
5 2 7.69%
6 1 3.85%
7 0 0%
8 0 0%
9 0 0%
10 or more 0 0%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 06:37 AM   #1  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Post Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 2/9-2/15

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-TASTY THURSDAY (RECIPE DAY)
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...5397post515397

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

Old 02-09-2004, 06:38 AM   #2  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

Will post my usual morning post sometime later, but wanted to make sure I got our
MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY
done early in the morning, so here's my contribution for MM, there's 2 of them to read today-both very good

LESS THAN PERFECT

Things will never be perfect. Sometimes they will never even be close. Yet that is no reason to hide away from life, no reason to curse your predicament. On the contrary, it is every reason to rise up and go forth with renewed determination.

If you wait for conditions to be perfect, you won't ever get much done. If you refuse to go ahead unless you can be guaranteed of a sure thing, you'll never get very far.

It's great to aim toward perfection, yet to arrive at perfection you must cross through a lot of imperfection. To get everything just right, you must be willing to deal with things going wrong.

Take this day, this moment, with all its flaws, and make the very most of it. Rather than complaining about what you don't have or where you'd rather be, make full use of where you are, of what you do have.

Aim toward perfection while also accepting the reality of what is. And excellence will surely result.

-- Ralph Marston

PURPOSEFUL

When things become difficult, remember why you started in the first place. Even if there's nothing else to sustain your efforts, a compelling reason can keep you going.

In dealing with the challenges that come your way, it can be easy to lose sight of the purpose behind your efforts. Take the time to reaffirm your commitment to that purpose, and you gain renewed strength to meet the many challenges.

The energy needed for discipline, for commitment, for effectiveness, for creativity, comes from following a meaningful, compelling purpose. Remember why, for it helps you to determine how, and to put that strategy into action.

Remember why, and you can find the strength to persist. Remember why, and you'll figure out a way to get the resources that you need.

You are at your best when following a noble and meaningful purpose. All that you are can be brought to bear when the reason is solidly connected to who you are.

Remember why, and you'll have what it takes to get it done.

-- Ralph Marston

Have a wonderful day, and a fabulous week!!!!!

Debbie
194/1??/129
SB since 3/22/00
Old 02-09-2004, 07:00 AM   #3  

Default Morning . . .

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Ours was busy, but good. I only need to get through this week as I am on vacation next week. Not doing anything big and exciting - which is exactly how I want it. I want a few days hanging out in our pj's watching movies or playing board games. We are in need of some slow time.

I have decided that starting today I am going to journal all my intake food. I know that I said that a few weeks ago and probably did the first day and stopped. But I am going to work real hard at it again. I'm not blowing it big time, but I can't seem to stop with the "spoonful here - a bite there" attitude. Last night it was the spoonful of Edy's Girl Scout edition Tagalong ice cream thast I needed to try. It was good - but not that good. So, new Monday, new start - hopefully I will have the will power. Maybe then the scale will go down . . . That and I'm going to work on my portion sizes. Perhaps if I cut back a little here and a little there it will get me off this plateau.

Hope we hear something about JackK soon. Thought about her a lot this weekend. I'm sure she was so surprised at the roses and the ecards.

Okay - gotta start getting ready . . .
Will check in later -
SuzyB
Old 02-09-2004, 07:45 AM   #4  

Good morning everyone,
Had a really good weekend, watched portion sizes, even though not all food was OP, plus got in lots of treadmill time, so hopefully they sort of cancelled each other out. I managed to get to the movies and see "Miracle", the movie about the gold medal hockey team in 1980, really well done. And then DS#1 and I went bowling Sunday afternoon, he beat me all three games. Also had sort of a funny dream last night, somehow in the dream I managed to lose 13 pounds in a week, and my collarbones had magically reappeared too. Anything's possible in a dream! Found a low-carb bread by Rudi's Organic Bakery, not too bad either, but the slices are kind of small. They have other organic breads that aren't too bad on sugars, and I may switch to one of those.
I was thinking about JackK too, and hoping that she'll have a speedy recovery.
Off to be productive at work, will write more later,

Barbara
270/221/135
Old 02-09-2004, 09:26 AM   #5  

Good Monday Morning. I have not yet had a chance to read last weeks posts, but will do so shortly. Weekend was pretty uneventful. I had some car problems fixed on Sat., and the news just kept getting worse. I got my car back yesterday and they said that the one of the parts I bought was defective and they will have to exchange it and fix it again next weekend. So that is one more weekend I will be without my car. I'd rather be imprisoned than not have my car. Last night, I had a party for the Grammy awards and ate way too much junk. I am paying for it today. I hope you all have a good day.

Suzy- Journaling has helped me a lot. (especially when it comes to mindless eating and snacking). I need to get back on track with it, too.

woodfrogs- Glad to hear you had a nice weekend.
Old 02-09-2004, 09:35 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good morning.

Eating was not pretty yesterday. I went a little over board..okay a lot I thought I'd just dive in head first. But today is a new day and like Suzy. I'm gonna try to start journaling again. It's suppose to be rainy all week...blah... Hope everyone has a great Monday.

Love and hugs,
Crystle
Old 02-09-2004, 09:55 AM   #7  
Goddess

Morning all!

Like you, I have been thinking about Jackie too. I sent a card on Friday and hope her recovery is going well.

Weekend eating was horrible--was like I woke up every morning and my only thought was "what can I eat today?" I know what's up with this--it's my least favorite time of the year and VD is coming up and I just HATE VD! Walking into the stores and seeing all the red hearts just puts me is a really bad mood and I stay that way until it is over. Needless to say, I may not be good company on the board this week.

But that's NO EXCUSE for the hoovering behaviors!!!!!!!!

WOW the big do in LA is getting really close. I'd love to be there, but I have a big political meeting in Montgomery over the same weekend. That's work so it takes precidence. And if I didn't have that, I'd have to go to NC that weekend b/cause my oldest niece is competing in a pagent (don't get me started). Anyway I hope everyone has a great time!

Deb and BOB--when do you think you will be traveling? I'd still like to try to drive down if you are or can do an overnight on the FLA panhandle.

Gator--I'm glad to see Monet on the board too! I worry when she doesn't get on for a while.

Does the journaling really work? When I've tried it I find all I do is think about food and that isn't good for me. But what I'm doing now isn't working so maybe I'm ready to give it another try.

Have a good Op day everyone!

PS--so far I'm in the lead with 6 tickets--a dubious honor I'm sure! LOL!
Old 02-09-2004, 10:51 AM   #8  

Good Monday morning:

A new week, and it is going to be a busy one for me. I am going to try to get to the gym 3-4 days before we leave on Friday morning....we will see how Lane does. I started packing a few items last night, and will do a little more everyday before we leave, so it won't be so overwhelming at the last minute. I have a few more things to pick up before we leave, so probably head to Wal-mart sometime this week as well. I haven't been able to find any gloves for Lane to play in the snow though. We will probably have to wait until we get to snow country, and pay a boatload for them. BUT, she needs them for her first real snow experience. I've been able to get everything else, and am still awaiting the arrival of Lane's snow boots; they better be here today.

Suzy: Sounds like a great vacation to me!! Sometimes going on a real vacation (with kids) is so much work, and by the time it is over, you are ready to get back home anyway. Enjoy the quiet time with the boys. Good luck with journaling; it really helped me when I did it....it helped me avoid eating a lot of those little bites here and there, and when looking back on it, it was very enlightening to see what I had been eating, and how much.

Wood: Sounds as if you had a fun weekend. Now, that's a dream you don't want to wake up from . Have a good week, and keep up with that exercise.

jackieO: I say we go back to horses & buggies. Car repairs can get so expensive and are so INCONVENIENT. I hope they get it all figured out soon, and you will have your ride back.

Country: Hang in there, lady. I won't dare tell you about these new Rollitos (by Doritos)...I got some from the girls and they are really good! I always like the chips in the bag that are stuck together or folded over because they are extra crunchy....well these are rolled up like little taquitos and are really crunchy. BUT, they are loaded with crap none of us needs (not even the kids), so don't buy them . I had a coupon for them, and you can't let a coupon go to waste, right?

Fillise: Within a few days all the hearts will be gone to make way for Mr. Leprechaun & that bouncy bunny. Hang in there....only a few days to go. I guess the reason s/b self-explanatory for this "sad" time, eh? I think journaling makes you accountable for what you eat. You don't just pop something in your mouth and walk away. If you know you are going to write it down, you may avoid it all together. I know it worked for me...probably a psychological thing. Have a good rest of the week!

I am checking the site often to see if any new news on Jack-K. They should have the pathology report back by now, shouldn't they???? I am sure she was just so overwhelmed when she woke up from surgery, after being under for 7 hours, and having a totally new body, and losing the breasts she has had for life. I am continuing to pray for a great recovery and for the pathology reports to show what we all are wanting to see. God Bless her and her family. I guess I better go pay Deb via paypal while I am thinking of it.

Well, I better get some stuff done around here before heading out for the day.

Take care,
Nat
Old 02-09-2004, 11:10 AM   #9  

Good Monday morning everyone. I have a few minutes before Dominics play date..so i thought I would pop in. I had a horrible eating day yesterday. We had a big birthday party to go to and it was so much fun but soooo much food, illegal of course! I got a really nice outfit for the party and I have to say I got soooo many compliments on my weight loss. I think for the first time i looked in the mirror and actually saw a difference. I was kinda proud to walk in there...I felt great! But you would think that would stop me from eating so much...lol. I guess in the back of my head I felt like I kinda deserved it a little. Even though last Sunday was a blow out too. Anyway...today is a new day right?

PANCHO - When exactly are you leaving? This weekend? What happened with all of Britts tests? I havent had a chance to read the last few days of last weeks posts...so sorry if you already said.

JACKIEO- Sorry about your car trouble. Did you enjoy the Grammy's? I cant believe how long they were...but i stuck it out for all 3 1/2 hrs!!

FILLISE - I love to journal...I think it helps me a lot. I just started doing it again last week. And Pancho is right...it makes you think twice before having a nibble here and there.

Gotta run guys....hope to come back and find some good news about JACKIE!

Chris
Old 02-09-2004, 11:26 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 285/210/130

Height: 5'1

ldblond

"It's important to understand that it takes 21 consecutive days of repeating an action before it becomes a habit." Got that from www.www.ivillage.com the Get organized challenge. http://www.ivillage.com/home/challen...a=adid=7210303

I don't work because I had a stroke and I just have not had the brain power to handle a job right now.
My husband is a contractor with his own business and I'm supposed to be handling all the paperwork and bank stuff which to me is boring. It is difficult to be on a schedule when your at home. It's so easy to let the day slip by while you play on the computer or veg out in front of the TV. I have been on a mission this past month to get my butt in gear! Working out every day, (except weekends) to the Walk Away the Pounds has really got me motivated. I've made my workout a habit.

My next new habit is to open and file the mail every single day. Have done that for a week straight so far!
Next thing is to get my credit straightened out.
Working on it by joining ConsumerInfo.com. And getting the business account all logged in on the Quicken.
I am just doing things one day at a time but that's all it takes to get things done!
The daily workout has just given me so much energy! You might be able to do the WATP tapes too. I usually am in a lot of pain this time of year, joint pain and nerves in my hand and arm, but I have noticed the pain is so much less now!

Vmoore
Way to go staying legal at the party! You could have gone the opposite mind set and thought "Gee I'm going to eat off plan with DH so might as well just eat this stuff now too" But you didn't!

cessprin
Welcome to the board!
enriched & bleached are bad. I also look for things labled`unbromated":

Also watch out for bromates (usually potassium bromate), which are added to wheat and other flours to improve baking performance. Britain and other European countries banned bromates in baked goods during the 1980s, when studies found they increased the incidence of kidney tumors in rats. Bromates are still legal in the U.S. To avoid them, look for flour and bakery items marked ``unbromated,'' which are available in supermarkets under some common brands, such as Pepperidge Farm."

Fillise My DD hates VD too. She calls it "Singles Awareness Day" LOL I figure if my DH needs a special day just to say he loves me our marrige is in trouble!

Ok off to WATP!

Last edited by cherylco; 02-09-2004 at 11:29 AM.
Old 02-09-2004, 11:58 AM   #11  

Wink

Ive heard a lot of you talk about the walk away the pounds videos. Im thinking of getting some. Please give me some pros and cons. Or i guess im just asking your opinions of them. Thanks!!
Old 02-09-2004, 12:18 PM   #12  

Hey ALL!
I've been MIA for quite a while. I confess that my eating hasn't been good and honestly, I just didn't want to think about it. But ever so slowly, I'm getting back into the swing.
I've had lots going on both at work and in life. Work is just work and so so busy. In life, we bought a new car last week. A 2004 Explorer. It is by far the nicest vehicle I have ever had. We were up in the air about who would get a new vehicle first, but Brandon decided to keep his truck and drive it until it falls apart(which I hope isn't any time soon!). So the Explorer is mine and now I have to sell my Jeep Cherokee. Before I can sell it, it has to be "detailed" which I haven't been successful at quite yet since it snowed all weekend and we don't have a garage. Hopefully today (but it snowing again, which wasn't forecasted!)
Saturday night, we went to the state park at the lake about 20 minutes from our house for their Annual Buffalo Dinner. They had Buffalo meatloaf, buffalo roast, buffalo chili, and buffalo barbecue in addition to the regular buffet. It was fun. We went with my parents, grandmother, sister, aunt, uncle, cousin, her husband and baby. My cousin is one month older than me and there has always been un unspoken competition between us. My mom says it's spooky how much we are alike. Well she had her first baby a year ago and up until Christmas had not lost an ounce of "baby weight". She and I have always fought our weight and when we get together, I usually compare myself to her in relation to weight. Well, evidently she has been working on her weight since Christmas and it shows...so IT'S ON! I figure since my body has no excuse (like having a baby) I should have a better figure than her! I know it's crazy, but somehow it motivates me. Hopefully I can get back on the wagon.
My jazzercise teacher is considering adding another class to our weekly schedule which would be really great. That would mean I can go Mon, Tues, WED, and Fri. Jazzercise is the one thing I have stuck with over the last couple of "bad" weeks, so at least I haven't gone totally in hole!
I hope everyone's doing well.
Jennifer
Old 02-09-2004, 01:58 PM   #13  
Little Engine That Could

Good Monday all my SB friends. Hope you all have a good week. Crystle and all you others who are struggling with cravings right now, make today the beginning of a good week. Don't let your brain get hungry (it is normally the first thing that recognizes that your blood sugar is getting a tiny bit low and signals it with that unsettled "hmmm, what can I eat?" urge. Keep the protein snacks coming every 3 hours. If you still want food, then it is not what you are eating, but, as they say, what is eating you. So, in that case, spend the week thinking about why you eat when you are not even hungry. What are you trying to "stuff" and in what way are you trying to "fill up"?
And that's my MM for today.

Pancho--Have a good trip. Hope your kids love the snow.

I played golf this morning. We played something called "scramble" where you don't always play your own ball. It is a team game, and our 3 tried to get a lower score than the other team of 3 women. I ended up playing with a woman who habitually miscounts her strokes, and ends up with a couple fewer strokes than she really hits. It has always annoyed me because we play for prizes, and a stroke or two fewer can make a difference in who wins. With a "scramble" format, there is no individual score, just a team score, so it was OK playing with her. One time I played with her and 2 other women. I kept the score for all of us and when she told me her score was a stroke lower than it actually was on a couple of holes, it was a bit dicey. I think she was annoyed with me when I showed her how she had really shot a 5 instead of a 4 on those 2 holes. It was difficult to know whether to bother to fiddle with her score or just let her "cheat", but then, she is not only cheating herself of being honest, but she is also cheating all the other women who were playing against her that day too.

My weight is still down under 170, but who knows for how long"
B--1 pc. white bread toast with butter and jelly, hot tea.
L.--Chicken and yellow rice (made with white rice), piece of apple pie, water.
D. Who knows!
I miss my veggies and fresh fruits. I feel like I am eating pablum! But my doctor says to stay on non-fiber stuff to give my "tummy" a little rest. It's amazing how little there is to eat with no fiber. But apparently, in the average US daily diet, we don't get enough of it. Women, eat healthy while you still have the chance! What you eat now may affect your health later! Don't waste any time doing the right thing for yourself. Days that you waste now you can never reclaim.

Well, I'm gonna go. Have a great day.
Old 02-09-2004, 03:51 PM   #14  

Default Happy Monday

I am thrilled that my weight is going down, but, of course, having a stomach virus last weekend, with the sore throat and fever this weekend - not much food has passed these lips other than sf icepops and lots of diet sprite/seltzer/water... and the antibiotics have helped with weight loss too - so, instead of being miserable, I am rejoicing in the help I am having with this virus bug...though it does need to go on its merry way and infect someone else instead.....

Has anyone heard about JackK?

I have attached the photo of my ds before he went to the party this weekend...I wonder if it will show up, never used this new system we have before.... oh well....

Sabrina
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Zach.jpg (9.4 KB, 55 views)
Old 02-09-2004, 05:36 PM   #15  

Wow, can't believe that it has been 5 mos. since I've been on the board. And what a nice sight to see a post from my good friend Tranquil. So glad to see you back on also. I always did stay on SB better when we used the buddy system and helped keep each other accountable. I'm looking forward to good results for us both! I love the picture of Zach that you posted. He looks so handsome and grown up, plus the fact that he is such a great kid!

Sorry I've been away so long, however, my computer at home crashed months ago, and I still don't have it up and going. Work has been too busy for me to use my work computer for writing. Things are starting to slow down for now, so I thought this might be a good time to climb back on board.

Looks like lots of new members since I've been around and I hope to have an opportunity to get to know you all better.

Deb, thanks for not giving up on me and for being faithful in sending me emails about what is going on. I am keeping Jackie in my thoughts and prayers and hope to hear good news about her soon.

Time to go home from work, so I'll be back tomorrow!

Take Care,
Wendy
Closed Thread