Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: Have you had the good fortune to (you can choose more than 1 answer, if it applies)
Met at least one person from this board (past or present members) 5 14.71%
Met more than one person but less than 5 people (past or present) 4 11.76%
Met more than 5 people but less than 10 people (past or present) 4 11.76%
Met more than 10 people (past or present) 2 5.88%
Talk to at least one or more people on the phone somewhat regularly (past or present) 6 17.65%
E-mail at least one or more people on a regular one-to-one basis (past or present) 8 23.53%
Haven't met anyone yet, but I hope to one day soon 10 29.41%
Haven't spoken on the phone to anyone yet, but hope to one day soon! 5 14.71%
Haven't e-mailed anyone regularly yet, but hope to done day soon! 2 5.88%
Just joining the board, so give me time!!! 5 14.71%
Have no interest in meeting, talking or e-mailing, just being on the board is enough for me. 3 8.82%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2002, 09:20 PM   #91  

MONET, you will think you went straight to heaven when your DSL arrives. It's amazing how much different it is using the web with a high speed line. My prediction: you will be hooked and your favorites list will grow by leaps and bounds because you will be able to get to places you never could before. I used to sit with a book in my lap when I surfed when we had dial up. Not to worry anymore.

Kim
Old 09-11-2002, 09:25 PM   #92  
Little Engine That Could

Wow, I am on the post board and I see this thing in red about not advertising. Something new. Guess somebody on one of the other boards has been touting her product. Only thing I can sell is to do a lawyer ad for my DH. LOL. He's one of the honest ones.

I've been so busy this week that haven't really peeked at the board except for page 6, which is now the last page. BOB, are you coming to Orlando this weekend or next weekend? Let me know. Who all else is coming? You have probably discussed this on page 4 or somewhere, but I'll never find it. Don't have time to go back and read. I'm way behind on my French and will hit the books in just a minute.

Just wanted to check in and say "hi."
Old 09-11-2002, 11:42 PM   #93  

This day has been so awsome and sobering. The loss of thousands a year ago and thinking about the many great men and women who are fighting to protect us against future terroist attacks and even more those who have fought to protect us in the past of which include my mom, dad, and uncle. God Bless them all!

As for WIW I'm up .5 lbs, but TOM is visiting too, so hopefully it will drop off and then some next week. My hubby has be craving sugary junk all day, we made it until tonight...we ate 1/2 container of sugarfree vanilla ice cream, topped with almonds, and .... chocolate syrup! YIKES....
Old 09-12-2002, 01:43 AM   #94  

A quick WIW early Thursday morning. It's waayyy past my bedtime. The scales are still sitting at 158, and after sooo many months in the 160s that number looks so good. It's taken me 5 months to lose 10 pounds.

Today was a somber day, but I didn't get to watch any TV until tonight. But I started having a having a knot in my stomach with a nauseous feeling yesterday and I think it's my reaction to this day. You all know my son is at the Naval Academy and his life changed last year like we never expected. He's still very committed to serving his country, but the Mids don't really want to talk about war. All the talk about invading Iraq is very scary to us.

Hope y'all have a great day tomorrow!

BOB: I made a big casserole of your squash. I'll add some chopped chicken breast to it tomorrow for my lunch. I love it!

Night,
Jeanie
196/158/130
Poopsie Bubblekisser
Old 09-12-2002, 07:39 AM   #95  

Default Thursday

Well, it is the day after and I am figuring I better get moving again. I just couldn't bring myself to exercise yesterday. I was listening to the 9-11 coverage all morning while folding my laundry and intermittently grabbing my little boy for a hug while I cried and prayed. I found it an emotionally and physically straining day, as I am sure most of us did.

LDBLOND-Must have been something in the air yesterday because I hit the sugarfree ice cream TWICE! Mine was chocolate and I didn't add anything to it, but it hit the spot. Finished that one off so it won't be calling me from the freezer anymore! It didn't effect the scale this morning and I am glad of that.

MONET-How is your back doing? I saw a lady yesterday who looked just like you..at least just like your pic that you had posted. I glanced at her license plate to make sure it was a New Brunswick one. If it was American, I would have chased after her to say hello!

JRED- How wonderful for you to see that number. I can relate to the long wait. I wonder why I read about so many other people dropping even their last 20 lbs so quickly and mine seem to want to stay! Your post said *hang in there* to me so thanks!

BOB-Amen to that..being grateful to The Almighty for our loved ones and all the blessings He does give us!

MELIRIS-I recall looking at body fat %'s months ago so I might be a little off since it has been so long...but isn't 15% body fat low? I thought an athlete has a BF % of around 17%...please correct me if I am wrong.

JACK-K- I agree with you too, Atkins Induction is not a way to live forever. Mind you, once you finally get on maintainance with it, it is not so bad, rather close to SB actually. I personally find that when I cut my carbs back excessively for too long (ie:3 months) then I stop losing and I have to add more good carbs back. They say you go into starvation mode and your body hangs on to everything it has. That is why I have added some carbs back into my menu again. The 2 weeks was just to get me moving and now I have settled back into the SB WOE eating WW pitas and some fruit.

MELF-Thanks for sharing. I love that we can share our hearts with each other on this board. {hugs}

I am going to attempt to exercise today and get things organized. Hope everyone has a great day today.
Old 09-12-2002, 08:34 AM   #96  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Good Morning Everyone

Once again, this is going to be quick. It's been a busy week between me doing some things and the kids both needing the computer in the evening, lessening my computer time.

Today ELI is off, so of course, we will be leaving as soon as I get in the shower. Didn't walk this morning, very dark and gloomy out and thought my knee deserved a break, even though I really should go out since my eating wasn't up to par. Anyhow, I'm going to try to at least catch up with replies off line somehow this evening-maybe during BB.

Hope you are all doing well, I'll be sure to check in sometime later this evening.

{({HUGS}}}

Deb
Old 09-12-2002, 08:37 AM   #97  
Goddess

Hey everyone! My sweet Miss Belle is curled in my arms, so i'm typing one-handed. ( funny how she always wants to snuggle when i'm talking to you!). Ok she's decided to get up now--I can type!

I worked hard all day yesterday because I couldn't bear to sit home and watch the TV. I did watch part of the Requim on PBS last night. I think the "Rolling Requim" was the most touching tribute and memorial.

Um--Deb what is it with you folks and voting machines in Miami-Dade and Broward???????? I also echo the sentiment about snuggling--no way would I have gone out!

Melf--your story is exactly why I try to tell my family "I love you" everytime I talk to them. You never know when it may be the last time you see them. I'm glad you are comforted by your last memories.

Time to get to work--55 days till election day!

Susan
300/247/150
Old 09-12-2002, 09:31 AM   #98  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Thursday Morning!

Today is a much better day. Grateful the day passed with no trouble. I had a rough time getting through yesterday. I can't imagine how those who lost someone did it.

Woke up with much more energy today and in a good mood. Got my walk in. Boy it was cold. 63 degrees. I had to run more just to warm up. It's only going to be 80 today. Then home to workout. That is done for the day.

Took a sneak at the scale this morning, and happy to report it was much nicer than yesterday. Hoping it holds until next WIW.

Had a wonderful breakfast ( hardboiled egg sandwich), have buffalo wings and celery for lunch and chili planned for supper. I'm all set.

Mel, Whatever you're doing it seems to be working. WTG on the 3 lbs. It's probably not muscle since you have been stalled for awhile. I noticed your new goal. Good luck.

Monet, you will love your DSL. I have one at home (don't use the computer enough to justify it, but oh well) and it is great. We are hoping to get one here in the office. We have an ISDN but it is slower than a snail.

Gator, Hope you have a great day.

Bob, Hope you are feeling much better and funny again.

JRed, My heart goes out to you and anyone with children in the military. I always am thankful I have girls and they are not interested in that kind of thing. Someone has do it and we appreciate and pray for those who do. Keeping you son in my prayers. Congrats on getting into those new digits. That is the bet feeling.

Gracious, Deb always preaches about not eating enough and going into starvation mode, that's what I use when I don't lose. LOL

Deb, have a fun day with Eli (you owe him) and hope your knee is better.

Fillise, I echo your sentiments exactly. I kept very busy last night so I wouldn't have to watch TV. Too emotional. I had enough trouble getting through the day, I can't imagine how someone who lost a loved one did it.

I have set a mini goal to be at 159 before 11-10-02 (day we leave on our cruise). Hope I can do it.

Have a great day everyone.

Jackie
2557/172/145
10-10-01
Old 09-12-2002, 09:51 AM   #99  

Hi all,

I'm posting my wiw results today. This morning I was 155, I'm not sure if that is a freak thing or what. Last week I was 157, so we'll see if this stays off.

I'm not sure how many of you have the whole family eating this way, but I do not. I have been doing this with temptations all around me. I made a lasagne on tues , I made 3/4 with noodles and 1/4 with sliced eggplant. It worked out great!!!

Catch up with you guys later!!
Chris
Old 09-12-2002, 10:32 AM   #100  
Undercover Diva

S/C/G: 242/ticker/175

Arrow Boo!!!!

NO I did not fall off the face of the earth

This stupid computer has been driving me crazy and locking up every time I try to read anything, so I've been doing housework... who knew

Boy yesterday was a rough day... I watched a lot of coverage of the ceremonies, and then we went to my son's teacher's church because he got to sing in a program there... it was so sweet! I got pictures, can't wait to get the developed.

I've been doing so/so on eating... ran out of my bread and ate a sammich on regular bread <gag> it was horrible. I didn't even finish it... How did I used to eat that stuff??? Haven't been doing well with water as usual... what else is new. Still stuck at the same ol' same ol.... but not going up... BUT I'D RATHER GO DOWN!!! I gotta get back on track and NOTHING is working to get me motivated! <sigh> I gotta figure out what is going on here!!

This weekend we got a new addition to the family... my son won a bunny at a carnival... it's a dwarf bunny. It goes to the vet tomorrow to find out age/sex and stuff like that and make sure it's a generally healthy bunny We're calling it Snuggle!

Well I gotta run and get some dogfood, and some hay for the bunny.... I'll try and check in later

Bye Y'all
Old 09-12-2002, 10:54 AM   #101  

Hi all!!

Qucik post to say I made the recipe Tranquil posted for the chicken brest last night for dinner it was a big hit with my family.

Thanks so much to all of you here for the encouragement on this board.

Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 09-12-2002, 11:06 AM   #102  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good morning!

Man is my stomach talking to me this morning. Not sure if it's Richard or the bow..but I have muscles that I didn't know I had..lol But its that good kind of hurt if that makes sense.

Eating is going pretty good. Weight is right around 154 still.....

Melf Thanks for sharing your story. I shared with my husband last night. Not only yesterday but the last week or so it's been a time of refocusing and setting priorities. You story really confirmed the changes we have been making as a family.

Mel Congrats on the 3 pounds. You are doing so good. I can't imagine being as dedicated as you have been to losing the body fat and pounds. You should be very proud of yourself.

ChrisB Woo hoo! You are doing good. You and I are bout the same weight. What is your goal weight? How tall are you? Am I nosey or what... Have you ever tried the whole wheat pasta in your lazagna? It's one of the few WW things that my family actually enjoys. I even like it...lol

Jack-K Hey! Pass some of that cool weather this way. It's suppose to be around 94 today. It's nice to know I'm not the only one that likes Richard.

J Red Yeah!!! You are doing great...no more 160's!

Serene I don't have any pics with the bow yet..but when I do I sure will share one. I know it had to be hard being at the school with your ex the other day and things seeming so normal. Are you getting use to having your own space yet? You are in my prayers.

Tranquil was it you or Serene that came up with the idea for the SB spa...I think it's actually a really cool idea.

Well all the kids are on a tear..and it's past breakfast time. Better feed em before they mutiny on me.

Love and hugs,
Crystle

235/154/140
Old 09-12-2002, 11:26 AM   #103  

Good Thursday Morning!

DSL is now installed. Wow! I could not believe how fast it downloaded my mail! We have fiber optic cable in our neighborhood, and it runs 2.3 mb per second! Sometimes, I love progress!

GRACIOUS: Wish I had been in Canada yesterday. It wasn't me. Make sure the plates are from Georgia if you are tempted to run after someone again, but I would probably warn you if I was heading that way! Maybe next summer... Buggie (from LCC) has been telling me I need to visit the northeast.

QUILTER: You are so right about the DSL... I could not believe it! I downloaded my 15 emails in the blink of an eye! This is going to be sooo much fun!

JACK: You have DSL at home and don't use it? I guess I have an addictive personality... I could spend all day on the computer, and I think it is going to be even worse now! LOL
Old 09-12-2002, 11:52 AM   #104  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Here is a little poem I read on sweet talk board. Thought we could apply it to us.

M Y S E L F

I have to live with myself, and so
I want to be fit for myself to know,
I want to be able, as days go by,
Always to look myself straight in the eye;
I don't want to stand, with the setting sun,
and hate myself for things I have done.

I don't want to keep on a closet shelf
A lot of secrets about myself,
And fool myself, as I come and go,
Into thinking that nobody else will know
The kind of person I really am!

I want to go out with my head erect,
I want to deserve all men's respect;
But here in the struggle for fame and self
I want to be able to like myself.
I don't want to look at myself and know
That I'm bluster and bluff and empty show.

I can never hide myself from me;
I see what others may never see;
I never can fool myself, and so,
Whatever happens, I want to be
Self-respecting and conscience free
Old 09-12-2002, 01:23 PM   #105  
LKF

Default Everyone is doing great!

Remember me? I'm Linda from Alabama (AKA LKF)! Sorry I have taken so long to jump in again. But I read all the posts I can so I am keeping up with y'all.

I'm still happily hanging in there...loving SB more all along. Gosh, if I had known that I could feel this good while following any eating plan, I would have gone straight to this WOE before all the years I spent on other plans! I started August 1 and have lost about 15 pounds. The weight loss is great but feeling so good while doing it (AND NO HUNGER PANGS LIKE I'VE HAD ON PAST EATING PROGRAMS!) is as wonderful as the weight loss!!! I'm excited...can you tell?

Several of you talk about no one else in the house who is willing to eat SB with you. It's just my hubby and I and though he is nice and trim (oh, I guess he could lose a few), he wants to stay with it for health reasons. Well, he's such a crack-up! Last night before church, we decided to go out for dinner insteading of eating at the church dinner, not knowing what they would serve. We went to Landry's for a seafood salad. He had the shrimp salad and I had the Cobb salad, modified to replace the chicken with crawfish in the salad. We both ate pretty legally! The only thing I worried about was the bacon in the salad, wondering if it had been prepared with sugar. Quantity was also a problem (are any of you finding out that when you eat out, the quantities are so enormous and with us eating right, you don't want as much???!!!). Anyway, after dinner, Larry (hubby) pulls out this coupon for free desserts for TWO!!! Yeek! But I was fine! He fell off the wagon completely and made himself sick eating their huge brownie with ice cream. Then he ordered MY dessert to take home to put in his lunch today. Bless his heart, he is trying. But not having ever had to worry about what goes into his mouth, he finds it a little hard to resist free desserts!

Thanks to all of you for the great support. I love to pop in, even if I don't have time to write, and see how everyone is doing. It encourages me because all of you are going through stuff I go through every day -- that's really, really helpful! I feel like I know each of you personally and look forward to spending time together in the future.
Closed Thread