Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: Have you had the good fortune to (you can choose more than 1 answer, if it applies)
Met at least one person from this board (past or present members) 5 14.71%
Met more than one person but less than 5 people (past or present) 4 11.76%
Met more than 5 people but less than 10 people (past or present) 4 11.76%
Met more than 10 people (past or present) 2 5.88%
Talk to at least one or more people on the phone somewhat regularly (past or present) 6 17.65%
E-mail at least one or more people on a regular one-to-one basis (past or present) 8 23.53%
Haven't met anyone yet, but I hope to one day soon 10 29.41%
Haven't spoken on the phone to anyone yet, but hope to one day soon! 5 14.71%
Haven't e-mailed anyone regularly yet, but hope to done day soon! 2 5.88%
Just joining the board, so give me time!!! 5 14.71%
Have no interest in meeting, talking or e-mailing, just being on the board is enough for me. 3 8.82%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2002, 06:51 PM   #136  
Mel

Default FF?

Jackie- no, this is warped. I thought it was Fat Free! That's what you get from dieting all your life....

mel
Old 09-13-2002, 07:12 PM   #137  

Just want to check in, I'm not off the planet just unable to type today and swamped yesterday doing the fun mommy stuff with my kids. 100% on SB and feeling good. my clothes are starting to fit again more comfortably. more next time, sorry it's a shorty
Old 09-13-2002, 07:20 PM   #138  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

OK...POST WENT TO CYBER ****....

HELLO EVERYONE....

BYE EVERYONE....

BOB
Old 09-13-2002, 08:46 PM   #139  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Evening All

Have a few minutes to post, though not enough time to catch up with all the posts, not even to read them all, but did want to touch base with everyone and say hello.

Got a later start this morning than I anticipated. I didn't even walk today. Woke up feeling icky. I'm still holding on to whatever the heck it is I have, or don't have. I woke up feeling drained and more sick than not, but still not really sick. Don't know if anyone can relate, not sure if I even can. So, I went back to bed and fell asleep and woke up feeling even more tired than before I went to bed! Finally had to get my act together and run those important errands before I had to go get the kids from school. Came home, went back to sleep somewhere around 5:30, I think and woke up around 7:30ish, and honestly, I can't wait to go back to sleep! BUT, ELI is coming home soon so I'm waiting for him to come home to eat something and THEN I think we'll both hit the hay early, and I hope to feel better tomorrow, not that I truly feel bad, just really drained.

As mentioned, I don't have time to reply individually, but I did start replies the other day when I did have some time and did want to get them on here. At least it's better than nothing, though I'm sure much is outdated and not worth reading...

SERENE, ZIPPY CHICKENTUSH, geez, that names just seems to fit you so well! LOL!! Tranquil, staying off her feet, yeah, I'd like to see that. I bet money she couldn't do it for long, esp. if you put the words SALE up in a SEPHORA STORE! LOL!! I'll have to try a blueberry cheesecake soon, but I think I'll do it as a topping, like a gel type topping-yum!

MELF, I know I'll have the chance to meet you and many of the others one day soon-I really look forward to meetings like that. You should try to see if you can come to Orlando in January, there's going to be quite a few of us there, good time to come. We could use another cheerleader. You come and I'll buy you some beautiful SB POMPOMS!!!!

MONET, thanks for the offer on the bread. I'd have to be desperate to have it shipped, it's expensive enough, but with shipping costs, well, I'm just too darned cheap (and poor).

JACKK, ELI knows good and well that I have no willpower over such stuff. He'll be the first to say he doesn't like me so thin, he makes no qualms about it. BUT, ultimately, it's me who either can eat it or not. Send it back, yeah, right

BOB, too bad you weren't here last night. We gave away Coconut Peanut Brittle, SB insulated cups, free coupon drinks, bags of coffee and a Cranium game. Hmm, to get your arse as your avitar, I think you'll have to get the size down. Is this possible. While you're at it, try giving that gal a breast reduction! Geez, it's bad enough I don't drink water for other reasons, now I have another thing to worry about if I drink too much? Nope, a full fledged candy bar was what I was talking about! Hey, you know us S.Floridians, anything to get us in the news, first hanging chads, now many not being able to vote down here-what's next?

TONI, hoping you are feeling better today. Yes, hot dogs are legal, but you have to read the ingredients. Many have nitrates, hard to find ones that don't, and I do like them once in a while. I buy the Hebrew National LF brand, I've found them to be the best. Others are a lot worse, so do be choosey.

TRANQUIL, glad to hear you'll be giving us your travel updates during your stay in the UK-that's so cool to be able to stay in touch. Now you can give me a daily update on the high cocoa content chocolates you find me (like you don't have anything better to do in the UK!). I know you will have a blast and how wonderful to be able to take Zach with you, and Gram as well.

JRED, glad to hear your laptop is fixed. Now that my desktop is sorta fixed, I've gotten use to the laptop and though it too has it's problems, I don't know which is the lesser of two evils in using. CONGRATS on another 2lbs down-great bday present! CONGRATS to DH on the new job. Is it that far away that he has to get a place to stay and commute on the weekends? I hope it all works out and it's not too much of a strain of you being apart.

QUILTER, hope you are feeling better today, I know you must be, at least when it comes to the scale! CONGRATS on your loss, that's great news! You'd think I'd get sick as a dog on those coffee beans, darn, it would be nice to eat them then barf them back up, then. Okay, you had asked me about the starchy carbs and why the ww tortilla's would count as 2 carbs. A serving of a starchy carb is supposed to be approx 60 calories or 1 ounce. The tortilla is 120 calories and it almost a 2 ounce serving, hence counting it as 2 starchy carbs. I listed a site a few weeks ago that has serving sizes on it. I was shocked to see a sweet potato serving is just 2oz and here I'd try to eat one whole nice sized one at a setting!

I did want to take a moment
and WELCOME our newest board member
DREIER

Glad you are joining us! As some of the gals have mentioned, and I do add, you are doing great! Don't worry if it seems like the weight is coming off slowly, there can be MANY reasons for this. I can tell you that, for me, at least, from the beginning of my TOM cycle til mid-cycle I stay up on the scale and won't come down til after mid-cycle, no matter what. Also, if you are coming off of one diet and jumping straight on the SB band wagon, that could have something to do with it. Are you eating enough? That can be just as bad as eating too much. I can just tell you, if you are following the plan as you should be, it would be very rare that you wouldn't lose the weight. One of the main keys of being successful on this WOE is patience, if you are patient, it will pay off. Too many people don't see immediate results and just throw in the towel (I'm guilty of this in the past) and thus look for the next diet to go on. Stick with us and with this WOE and you'll find that this WOE will work for you when you work for it Once again, WELCOME

Okay gals, I'm outta here for now. I hope to find some time to start anew with posts tomorrow or Sunday, but moreso tomorrow.

Have a wonderful weekend!!

{{{HUGS}}}

Debbie
194/???/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 09-13-2002, 10:53 PM   #140  

Default Happy Friday

Hi All: I have some catching up to do!!! But I am too tired...I kept peeking at the board, but could not respond, internet down at office today, busy with kidlet tonight...

Had my first series of shots in the foot today - said two more shots and I should be feeling better enough to walk on it in the UK....

Boy did someone really break the rules about the advertising - the message has gotten even harsher!

I have been 100% op = even managed the movie theater twice in a row without eating popcorn! Have eaten mainly salads - tonight I made a ww pita pizza with salad on the side...

I was 242 - which is down since WIW....but still 1.5 lbs higher than my all time low.... but clothes are getting looser....

Friday Funnies = all were funny - thank you all for sharing them!

I am sorry I cannot answer to you all - but HELLO NEWBIES!!!!!
Welcome!!!!!!

Good night!

Sabrina
272/242/157
SD: April 1, 2002 (still 30 lbs sounds good to me!)
Old 09-14-2002, 12:41 PM   #141  

Oh where oh where am I!! I'm so far behind on everything won't even try to post to everyone.. Still under the weather but feeling a bit better today... so at least felt like getting on the computer.. I'm so worried this is my third time this week not being able to walk on the treadmill... I hope tomorrow I can... Thank everyone for letting me know about the hot dogs.. I can't believe I've been on this program since March and still messing up.. Who would have ever thought Blue Bunny yogurt had cornstarch in it..... I guess I'm always learning something new.. Or is it just I'm a goose and wake up in a new world everyday Well back to the couch I go.... Have a great day...

213/166/130
Old 09-14-2002, 05:28 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Saturday afternoon. It has been raining here all day. We need it to bad that I don't even mind. I've been in a funk all day. Woke up that way. Can't say it's a bad mood, who knows. Dreamed about my mom all last nite (she's been gone almost 4 years) and it has really stuck with me. Also go some bad news about my dad. His carorded arteries (sp) are blocked 99% on one side and 75% on the other. They have been blocked for years but not to that extent. They would never do surgery due to his week hear. He goes Monday to another Dr to talk about it. So maybe it's a combination of him and my mom that's bringing me down today.

Went shopping thinking it might lift my spirits. Did get 3 sweaters for $50. and a pair of shorts and top for $20. Not too bad. was looking for shorts on sale to take on my cruise. Can't hardly find any anywhere.

WAs hoping reading all the posts would help my mood, but it hasn't. Sorry not to post individually, but just not up to it today. Tomorrow will be better.

Jackie
Old 09-14-2002, 05:54 PM   #143  

JACK-K- Hugs and prayers to you.

TONI- I didn't read what others might have written about the yogurt but I thought I would throw in my 2 cents. I buy my yogurt from the organic section in my store. I don't care about the organic part, but that is the only brand that I could find that didn't have cornstarch. So maybe you should check the organic dairy section of your store and see what they have.

Slow weekend on the board. I ended up having an unexpected houseguest. A 20 year old guy shows up at our church while hubby was there studying and says he is his 3rd cousin. He came for dinner and is spending the night. I am one of those anal retentives that prefers to have some notice before houseguests arrive! Dinner went well enough and he is a nice young Christian man. He is to spend the night, come to church with us in the morning and keep going. He is from Alberta and has crossed Canada to visit all his relatives.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Old 09-14-2002, 10:55 PM   #144  

My goodness, the board is slow today!! Can't believe, so few posts! Probably alot going on in everyone's life this week end.
Just finished the church bulletin for tomorrow. Gee, it's been a long day. I'm working my 12's so I just came to sneak a peek before I go iron a uniform for tomorrow.

Blue Bunny Yogart has cornstarch in it Oh well, I have done ok with it, so I'm sticking to it. I think. Guess I'll have to think about it.
Toni & Jack-K, Sure hope you two feel better soon! {{{HUGS & PRAYERS}}}

gracious, I'm sure you were as gracious a host without the advance notice as you would have been with it.

Good night all!
174/133/130
Old 09-14-2002, 11:25 PM   #145  

Default Blue Saturday

Toni - Sorry to hear you are not feeling good, I hope you get better soon!

JackK - You did well on your shopping! Sorry about your funk, I am right there with you....

Gracious - Wow, that is an interesting story about him crossing Canada meeting his relatives, but I too would like some notice...but I am sure you treated him well

Melf - Don't work too hard at the hospital!

Today was a bad day - it started out ok - I had fun cleaning guinea pigs and cage and chasing them all over the bathroom - they are fast! the weather has been miserable, the scale was good I am down another pound....but just feel funky like JackK {{hugs}}- then late this afternoon, my uncle called me from Alaska to tell me some horrible news, my cousin, whom I adored, was killed on his motorcycle - it is in the news for Anchorage, Alaska, where they live.... I cannot attend the funeral because of it being so expensive to travel there and all....but I am devastated, and trying to understand why....anger, of course, at the teenager who killed my cousin....my cousin was a veteran of two wars, retired MP, a Mormon (he did not drink, do drugs, nothing - a saint considering the days and times we live in), a devoted father, a devoted son, and someone who always gave when he didn't even have anything to give...and I had to be the one to share this news to my mother and my grandmother who were very close to him...

Sabrina
Old 09-15-2002, 11:04 AM   #146  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Good Sunday Morning Everyone

Thought I'd take a break and try to get in a short, general post before I have to get in the shower.

I have been counting COFFEE BEANS most of the morning. ELI is finally going to do a party at work next month (the one we wanted to do for the grand opening) and one of my ideas was to be able to guess how many coffee beans where in a gallon mason jar. Well, of course, I have to make it an exact count, and I can't just put in pieces of beans, so I've been picking out coffee beans that meet my high standards. I haven't filled the jar yet and have already counted 3,000 beans out

I did not walk today, got up late and still felt tired. I think, or at least I hope, that taking off a few days will help me feel back to normal. I guess being around my sick nieces aren't helping me get any better though

ELI was off from work yesterday, which I didn't learn about until Friday night when he got home, so it was a nice surprise, though I'd much rather him be off today. We just took Lauren up to lunch at OLE OLE and then had to head home. Even though he was off, he had to teach a class downtown.

Today my sister asked me to go with her to look for a couch. She bought one recently and it's falling apart so they said she could replace it with another and she wants my input. I think it's more taht she wants me to help with the baby. She came over last night with the baby because all she did all day was cry-one look at Aunt Debbie and the child stopped crying and was excellent all evening, even allowing us to play a game of Scrabble!

Tomorrow there is no school here, teacher planning day. I'm hoping to be able to get up a bit early and start the week off right with jogging. Michael has a Dr. appt at 11am, just a well visit, our once-a-year to the Dr., otherwise, he never sees Michael or Lauren (thank goodness). Michael has his guitar lesson in the afternoon. May take them to a movie in between if there's time, so may not be around much to post tomorrow. Tuesday, things should be somewhat back to normal around here, or at least I hope they are!

TRANQUIL, sorry to hear about your cousin. My condolences to you and your family. That's such a tragedy. I'm sure they all know you'd like to be with them during this time, but they certainly understand why you can't attend.

Time for me to hit the shower. I'll be back on this evening to begin working on the new board for tomorrow. If I have some time I will most definitely try to get in a post later, otherwise I hope to sometime tomorrow.

Toodles

Debbie
194/???/129
Sb since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 09-15-2002, 01:03 PM   #147  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

AFTERNOON EVERY BUDDY!!!

Sorry so many of you have got the BLUES today..I totally understand and can relate..

JACKIE...I don't know the severity of your Dad's heart, but they can roto rooter his carotid very easy. The problem with that diagnosis, they don't even consider the procedure until the patient is at least 80% blocked! My Mom has the same problem, but hers is not yet blocked enough to do. My Uncle has had his done twice and feels like a new man each time! Does he live in Lexington?
I know it didn't help to see the CATS go down. At least it wasn't a conference game! Feel better Friend..
I'm here if you want to unload!

TONI...GET UP OFF THAT COUCH AND GET TO DOING SOMETHING!!!
Don't make me come up there...You can shake this..we're here for you...just let loose and start screaming!!!

DEB...I hope that wasn't STARBUCKS COLUMBIAN COFFEE BEANS you're counting
I assume that you didn't find the underwear yesterday? I forgot to tell you that he especially likes the one without the fly! He says they are moe supportive...he wears them when he referree's
a football game.

SABRINA...so sorry to hear about your cousin. Just try to get back up in that wagon...you can do it..

OK...where are the rest of you??????

BOB
Old 09-15-2002, 01:53 PM   #148  

Yes...rather slow and gloomy around here, I must say.

MELF- I think I was *gracious* He didn't know about my flipping out and running around trying to find something in my house to make for dinner. He was a very nice young man and it was a pleasure to meet him. After church we came back for lunch and now he is on his way to visit my in-laws, but they have the benefit of knowing he is coming!

TRANQUIL- I am so sorry to hear about your cousin. That is such a dreadful thing to happen. I agree with DEBELLI when she says your relatives will surely understand your not being able to attend the funeral. {hugs}

DEBELLI- 3000 coffee beans? Don't drop that jar or lose count girl!

BOB-Whose underwear are you talking about?

Well...hopefully people will be back on the board tomorrow and in better spirits.
Old 09-15-2002, 02:16 PM   #149  

It's a little cooler today but they missed it big when they said we were getting rain last night! I'm ready for this heat to break.

Why are the blahs hitting us all at once? Is it something in the air? My blahs come from a hubby who doesn't want to leave the house and I've got cabin fever real bad. He said he'd take me to see My Big Fat Greek Wedding, but peetered out when it was time to leave. I almost went without him, but decided I didn't want to see that particular movie alone. He starts his new job next Monday and is trying to find a cheap vehicle to buy; trying to decide whether to get it here or up in Amarillo. He has 30 days living expenses so he'll have time to find an inexpensive place to live. Amarillo is a 7-8 hour drive northwest of us. He'll fly home Friday evenings and back Sundays.

I'm in the throws of an ugly mid-cycle something. I am ravenous and not satisfied by anything I put in my mouth. The scales are up 4 pounds, too and I know it's hormones, but I don't like it.

Sabrina: So sorry about your cousin. You, your mom and grandmother will be in my prayers.

BOB: One of my teams didn't play and one won big (OOOOHHHH, PIG, SOOOOOOIIIIEEEEE) We must be pretty busy this weekend.

Gracious: I'd be calling that window company, that condensation isn't normal. Here in Texas, those double paned windows always collect moisture because the heat causes the seals to break. After about 5 years, they have to be replaced.

Toni: Feel Better Soon, Girlfriend!!

Deb: How in the world are you keeping up with your count? I'd have to start over so many times if I was doing that. Too ADD!!! The party sounds fun, though. I need to visit my local SB, all this talk has made me want one

Jack-K: Congrats on the purchases. I bought an outfit yesterday, too, but mine was more expensive. But it was birthday money from my folks and it is sooo cute and comfortable.

Gotta run, I've got a busy afternoon ahead of me. A meeting, orchestra rehearsal and reading 2 chapters of a book for my night class.

Take care,
Jeanie
Old 09-15-2002, 02:24 PM   #150  

Hi, I am new and I am not sure where I begin posting. I am not sure if it is the general place or here so I drew straws and you won!!! I have been trying to do the Atkins diet for 3 weeks and I am so bored with eggs and meat. I just ordered the sugar buster book and am anxiously awaiting its arrival. I hope it is ok to just hang out until it arrives. I have high blood pressure and I am looking for away to live longer. I hope that I can get to know all of you and learn to put some of your wisdom into my new WOE. Thanks for reading this.

Have a great Sunday,
Sue
Closed Thread