Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 09:52 PM   #241  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifties Lady View Post
Karen...I could have told you that myself..."You are no quitter"!!!

Hey....just saw an advertisement for the Snugglie...it now comes in leopard.....a matching set for you....but hey....who wants to cover up a good body that you have worked so hard to get. Never mind!!!
Ha... LOL, LOL... I just saw that commercial too... The leopard print is an improvement and the little doggy one is quite cute but I've gotta say, the blue and pink ones still totally creep me out as they are very "cult like" and that is just too much for me. I would have had one of those things by now as I tend to be the one that is cold in the house 1st if it wasn't for just that... too funny! I suppose it would be a shame to cover up what I've worked so hard for wouldn't it?? Hubby tells me that all the time, He he
Old 09-12-2009, 10:22 PM   #242  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahruthie View Post
i am completely unashamed to say that, at 25 years old, i am a proud owner of a royal blue snuggie. AND i wear it when i knit.

I am rolling on the floor right now....
Old 09-12-2009, 10:39 PM   #243  

Quote:
I am rolling on the floor right now....
As long as you don't check the mail in it right? LOL
Old 09-12-2009, 11:49 PM   #244  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/196/155

Height: 5'8"

i get made fun of quite often by my boyfriend and our roommates, lol. i don't care though, it's soooo comfy!! i kind of want one for work... but i think i would get made fun of wayyy too much.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:20 AM   #245  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
I do hope you are feeling better...just be thankful you have nice patient's to offer you a bed. I have really been having a tough time. Since the funeral and many relatives, I caught the flu bug that was going around and I was out from work all week. Plus the sore throat and coughing made me not even interested in eating at all....even OP. But I did my best. I do have to say the chicken soup with cauliflower was the best medicine and tasted quite yummy. I could have eaten that 3 times a day. I did go WI this morning for not being there for over a week...but she was very nice about it and understood, since my food chart was quite sad!!! I did end up having a 3.5 pound loss, but I had gained 4 from the days off plan during the bereavement leave. So really, I don't take too much credit for it...but I'm back OP now...that's all that counts...and going back to work Monday will help me so much. So not ready for retirement after this last week....there is nothing on TV at all.

Now the belly dancing sounds like a great excercise. My daughter tried the pole excercising class and said it was very hard, but fun. That, I don't think I am ready for....I get dizzy to easy....
Glad you are feeling better. The weight will drop. Well, asthma got worse, ended up in ER last night instead of work. 3 nebulizer treatments and still a little wheezy and coarse. Hate those darn things, makes me weak, shaky and my heart racing. Well, I just bought 2 nights off to rest. My nurse was the best, I wasn't very hungry but since I hadn't eaten since 3 am yesterday morning, she brought me cheese and crackers. The closest MRC food the er had! After the nebs and steriods, I was starving. So I ended up getting a chicken sandwich on the way home from er. Ate the whole thing too. Way to many carbs but I was breathing again so I figured the work I was doing trying to breath might have used them up. Am I rationalizing?
Old 09-13-2009, 08:27 AM   #246  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahruthie View Post
i am completely unashamed to say that, at 25 years old, i am a proud owner of a royal blue snuggie. AND i wear it when i knit.

Envision this, I am wrapped up in a black fluffy robe that my mother bought for me at christmas. Now it is so huge I could smuggle refugies in it. Thick socks, drinking herbal tea, pj's with kittycats on them and thinking my hands are too shaky to do my cross stitch! Came a long way from the leopard print undies! Now the leopard print snuggie might be just the thing to turn this image around.
Old 09-13-2009, 11:16 AM   #247  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori123321 View Post
Envision this, I am wrapped up in a black fluffy robe that my mother bought for me at christmas. Now it is so huge I could smuggle refugies in it. Thick socks, drinking herbal tea, pj's with kittycats on them and thinking my hands are too shaky to do my cross stitch! Came a long way from the leopard print undies! Now the leopard print snuggie might be just the thing to turn this image around.

Lori...no matter what you wrap yourself in....even san-wrap will do....just take good care of yourself. That's the main thing right now.

I am still trying to get over this flu....let me tell you, if it is swine or just the normal flu, it takes alot out of you. I'm beginning to wonder if maybe my resistance was way down to react like this. I rarely come down with anything like this....so very strange. I do know, the chicken soup, OP of course, really helped....and quite yummy. I know I will be making this to get me through some cold winter days.

Rest now Lori and take care.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:27 PM   #248  

S/C/G: 187/See Ticker/134

Height: 5'4"

I'm not sure where to post this, so I'll post it here since it's not a recipe. Are we seriously allowed to have the dry ranch seasoning packets? If so that would be such a lifesaver. One more question and it may sound silly. The recipes that have HNS in them sound great, and HNS is basically just added protein so if I make them for both my DH and I they should be ok for him to eat also, right? All the recipes sound so great and I can't wait to try them, I just wasn't sure if DH would be able to eat them to. Any info? Thanks!
Old 09-13-2009, 01:00 PM   #249  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/196/155

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
awwwww you poor thing, that is the sweetest little mental image though. that robe sounds lovely...

take care of yourself, little lady!
Old 09-13-2009, 01:19 PM   #250  
joz

S/C/G: 250/225/140

Height: 5

Quote:
Glad you are feeling better. The weight will drop. Well, asthma got worse, ended up in ER last night instead of work. 3 nebulizer treatments and still a little wheezy and coarse. Hate those darn things, makes me weak, shaky and my heart racing. Well, I just bought 2 nights off to rest. My nurse was the best, I wasn't very hungry but since I hadn't eaten since 3 am yesterday morning, she brought me cheese and crackers. The closest MRC food the er had! After the nebs and steriods, I was starving. So I ended up getting a chicken sandwich on the way home from er. Ate the whole thing too. Way to many carbs but I was breathing again so I figured the work I was doing trying to breath might have used them up. Am I rationalizing?
Lori take care of yourself!!!! Feel better!
Old 09-13-2009, 01:22 PM   #251  
joz

S/C/G: 250/225/140

Height: 5

Default Back From Vacation

Hi all. Congrats on your success over the last two weeks. I just got back from a well deserved much needed 10 day vacation. I spet some time in Milwaukee with some old friends.

I feel engergized and ready for action. I weighed in yesturday and was even down 1 lb.!

Take care,
Jo
Old 09-13-2009, 11:56 PM   #252  

Quote:
Originally Posted by desilu0 View Post
I'm not sure where to post this, so I'll post it here since it's not a recipe. Are we seriously allowed to have the dry ranch seasoning packets? If so that would be such a lifesaver. One more question and it may sound silly. The recipes that have HNS in them sound great, and HNS is basically just added protein so if I make them for both my DH and I they should be ok for him to eat also, right? All the recipes sound so great and I can't wait to try them, I just wasn't sure if DH would be able to eat them to. Any info? Thanks!
Hey desilu,
The "Ranch dressing" recipe in the MRC cookbook calls for 1 packet of the ranch dressing mix/packet so I figured if it can go into that, it can go into this chicken recipe. Hope this helps :0) Karen
Old 09-14-2009, 07:53 AM   #253  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

Good grief, Lori! How did you handle being a patient?

Respiratory season is certainly upon us. Seeing a lot of asthmatics, lungers, and the first croupy kid. We even had two nurses hospitalized with it from our department.

So glad you're feeling better. Don't try to do things too fast.
And I'm sure being in respiratory acidoses is as energy consuming as metabolic acidoses.

Just take care of yourself.

Joz, so great to hear from you. You lost a pound on vacation? That's awesome.

Fifties Lady, take care of yourself too. I don't want this to rebound on you.
Old 09-14-2009, 06:30 PM   #254  
Teresa

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Do you guys know how hard it is to read your posts while I'm at work and still be quiet so no one comes in to my office?!?!

I caught several of the post last Friday regarding the leapord print undies, then the pole dancing and when I went back today, I still had a hard time. I am so glad laughter is included here. Lori, I do have a leapord print furry comforter if you ever want to borrow it....pole dancing padding on the floor, pictures in your sexy little undies.......just a thought.

Lori and FL, hope you guys are getting better. I will be watching for your posts to say you are back 100%.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:28 PM   #255  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaG View Post
Do you guys know how hard it is to read your posts while I'm at work and still be quiet so no one comes in to my office?!?!

I caught several of the post last Friday regarding the leapord print undies, then the pole dancing and when I went back today, I still had a hard time. I am so glad laughter is included here. Lori, I do have a leapord print furry comforter if you ever want to borrow it....pole dancing padding on the floor, pictures in your sexy little undies.......just a thought.

Lori and FL, hope you guys are getting better. I will be watching for your posts to say you are back 100%.

Teresa...thanks for the nice words. I actually went to work today, but still coughed alot...but I am getting better.

I know what you mean...at times I will check the site at work and I about spit HNS's all over the monitor. I love everyone's sense of humor on here and it really does help. Gosh everyone is a great bunch here. I feel like I know you are personally. Great Friends.
Closed Thread