Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 01:42 PM   #376  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

i Just Want To Say All Of You Are The Greatest In The World!!!

I Am So Lucky To Have All Of You In My Life. And To Share All My Ups And Downs With!!! I Just Feel That I Have Known You All My Life. Someday We Are All Going To Have To Meet!!!!!

Here Is Wishing Everyone A Great Weekend No Matter What You Are Planning. Just Stay And Eat Healthy!!!

And You Leahruthie, An Extra Special Prayer For Josh, His Father Any You! Please Take Care Now.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:21 PM   #377  
rip

S/C/G: 282

Height: 5 11

Fifties Lady,
I feel like I am always in the bathroom so the extra water didn't seem to make much a difference in bathroom trips. Fortunately my office is not too far from the restroom at work! I can also make it to the toilet at night and back to bed without even waking up, at least that's what it feels like! I actually try to drink a big glass of water b4 I go to bed. My MRC folks also told me it is very important to eat within 1 hours of getting up in the morning to kick your metabolism in but it sounds like you are doing that. Fruits and veggies have different amount of calories, carbs and sugars so you may want to check that out in the back of the recipe book. I kinda stuck this month because I am only eating tomatoes and they are higher in sugars and carbs. but the yummy tomatoes won't last much longer.

I agree everyone here is wonderful and I so enjoy the encouragement we all provide during the good and the bad.

I came through my c-scope without any problems. I hated the feeling of being drugged so I opted out of any meds. The doctor said I would probably be okay and that the person was there to immediately shot me up (already had an IV port in) if I needed it. I actually got to watch the whole thing, kinda cool but I like stuff like that, kinda odd I know.

Maybe some day some of us can get together or even save all our MRC money when we are done with this and plan a short trip to Vegas, haha. We would be so darn hot people wouldn't know what hit em

Everyone have a great weekend!!!!!!!!

Started MRC 5/9/09
Old 09-25-2009, 03:38 PM   #378  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rip View Post
Fifties Lady,
I feel like I am always in the bathroom so the extra water didn't seem to make much a difference in bathroom trips. Fortunately my office is not too far from the restroom at work! I can also make it to the toilet at night and back to bed without even waking up, at least that's what it feels like! I actually try to drink a big glass of water b4 I go to bed. My MRC folks also told me it is very important to eat within 1 hours of getting up in the morning to kick your metabolism in but it sounds like you are doing that. Fruits and veggies have different amount of calories, carbs and sugars so you may want to check that out in the back of the recipe book. I kinda stuck this month because I am only eating tomatoes and they are higher in sugars and carbs. but the yummy tomatoes won't last much longer.

I agree everyone here is wonderful and I so enjoy the encouragement we all provide during the good and the bad.

I came through my c-scope without any problems. I hated the feeling of being drugged so I opted out of any meds. The doctor said I would probably be okay and that the person was there to immediately shot me up (already had an IV port in) if I needed it. I actually got to watch the whole thing, kinda cool but I like stuff like that, kinda odd I know.

Maybe some day some of us can get together or even save all our MRC money when we are done with this and plan a short trip to Vegas, haha. We would be so darn hot people wouldn't know what hit em

Everyone have a great weekend!!!!!!!!

Started MRC 5/9/09
RIP, so glad your procedure is over and everything is ok. You are brave going through it without meds. Actually, I had natural childbirth both times without one med, so I bet I could do this too? I've got to get on the ball and schedule. Just trying to figure out if I should do it this year or next, depending on our insurance. We have preventive health coverage which is paid in full, but, if they find one tiny pollyp, then it is no longer considered preventative and we pay the cost in full. That's what has happened with my husband's this year. So just trying to figure out do we bite the bullet this year or next....they say the chances of finding pollyps happens quite often, so we just have to decide what to do. I hate that the insurance company stands in our way of this.

I have been eating lots of tomatoes, and I wonder if that too maybe part of my problem. But soon they will be gone, so I want to take advantage of them as long as I can. I am going to try to do some cooking this weekend and freeze my lunches, I am getting in a rut into eating what is fast and boring.

You are lucky you have a restroom nearby at work. I have to take two flights of stairs, so if I don't get ahead start, well, let's just say I'm in trouble. I call this my stair stepping excercise.

Vegas would be fun wouldn't it???? That would be a great goal for us. But yes, we will have to wait till we build up our bank accounts after we are done with MRC. That may take awhile.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:04 PM   #379  
rip

Fifties Lady,
The dr. found one pollyp, I got to watch him cut it out. To much information right? Anyway I never thought of that costing more. My insurance covers the procedure but I didn't think about if they found something. Which is so darn stupid isn't that why it is called Preventative. What I am suppose to say, oh just leave it until it turns cancerous! I will bet you dollars to donuts that I will have to pay hundreds for the 10 seconds (literally) that it toke them to remove it.

I have gotten in the habit of immediately getting my breakfast and lunch ready for the next day the minute I get home from work. It took a while to get in the routine but now it does not bother me.

Breakfast
I cook two eggs either scramble or over medium and a piece of toast in throw them in a tuperware bowl. Heat for 30 seconds at work
or
2 egss with a packet of spenda, cinnamon and a piece of bread, put in the bowl and heat for 30 seconds in the morning

Lunch
CC and fruit mixed with a packet of spenda and tomatoes
or
fruit and mixed veggies that I fry up. I make a big batch then throw in 3 oz. of cheese and I heat it up at lunch, yummy.
or
portabello mushroom cooked with 3 oz of cheese and heated up. I find that the easier I made the meals the better off I am. Any for me they are really tasty.

Dinner is the hardest for me because I usually make chicken or ground turkey with veggies but then also make additional good stuff or something completely different for the rest of the family. Twice a week for dinner I have tomatoes and shake supplments and my hubby cooks for himself and the kids. Those are my favorite nights.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:21 PM   #380  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rip View Post
Fifties Lady,
The dr. found one pollyp, I got to watch him cut it out. To much information right? Anyway I never thought of that costing more. My insurance covers the procedure but I didn't think about if they found something. Which is so darn stupid isn't that why it is called Preventative. What I am suppose to say, oh just leave it until it turns cancerous! I will bet you dollars to donuts that I will have to pay hundreds for the 10 seconds (literally) that it toke them to remove it.

I have gotten in the habit of immediately getting my breakfast and lunch ready for the next day the minute I get home from work. It took a while to get in the routine but now it does not bother me.

Breakfast
I cook two eggs either scramble or over medium and a piece of toast in throw them in a tuperware bowl. Heat for 30 seconds at work
or
2 egss with a packet of spenda, cinnamon and a piece of bread, put in the bowl and heat for 30 seconds in the morning

Lunch
CC and fruit mixed with a packet of spenda and tomatoes
or
fruit and mixed veggies that I fry up. I make a big batch then throw in 3 oz. of cheese and I heat it up at lunch, yummy.
or
portabello mushroom cooked with 3 oz of cheese and heated up. I find that the easier I made the meals the better off I am. Any for me they are really tasty.

Dinner is the hardest for me because I usually make chicken or ground turkey with veggies but then also make additional good stuff or something completely different for the rest of the family. Twice a week for dinner I have tomatoes and shake supplments and my hubby cooks for himself and the kids. Those are my favorite nights.
I sure do hope you have a better insurance company than I do then. You are right, leave it until it turns cancerous and then deal with that cost!!! My GP was very upset when he was talking about scheduling mine after I told him about how our insurance handled it. He said I need to fight it, and I tried, but I was told that once a pollyp is found, it is no longer "Preventative" period. You can't fight insurance companies I guess!!!

I like your schedule above....I think I'm going to give it a try. I sit and look at the eggs and can barely get them down every morning. They are actually starting to make me sick, and I know one morning they will not stay down. I have tried everything, French Toast, pancakes, grilled cheese. I have cooked eggs every which way you can, and still no luck. I would give anything for just a bowl of oatmeal or Grapenuts. I'm just not sure how long I can stick with the eggs.

I do the CC at work with my fruit mixed in it. That is the only way I can eat CC, since it has never been my favorite side dish. I look forward to my tomatoes along with it. That is what makes lunch desirable for me.

I do stir fry veggies. But 4 oz. sure isn't very much. I make a whole batch and separate it into containers. It's the protein I am always stumped with for lunch. Now that it is cooler, I am going to make lots of soups and freeze them. That will make lunch time so much easier.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:53 PM   #381  

S/C/G: 229/see ticker/160

Height: 5'0"

Ahhh...Vegas! It's my plan to travel there after I reach my goal, maybe in March or April. Anyone is welcome to travel with me!

Tomorrow, I HAVE to buy some new clothes. Everything I have hangs on me.

Leah, my thoughts are with you, Josh and his dad.

Lori, safe travels to Omaha this weekend. I'm in Lincoln, which is only 50 miles away...and you'll travel past me if you're driving.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:59 PM   #382  
rip

Phat not Fat,
New clothes, that will be some much fun.

Fifties Lady,
When I get tired of eggs I do meal replacement bars in the morning with a HNS.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:46 PM   #383  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Height: 5'2"

I will be waving as I drive by Lincoln!
Old 09-25-2009, 11:08 PM   #384  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori123321 View Post
I will be waving as I drive by Lincoln!

I will be waving right back at ya Lori!!!
Old 09-26-2009, 12:05 PM   #385  
rip

Lori123321,
Have a great time in Omaha. The weather is suppose to be much nicer tomorrow
Old 09-26-2009, 03:59 PM   #386  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/196/155

Height: 5'8"

FIFTIES LADY!!! i saw your name on the board today!!! i hope to join you there soon... maybe in a week or two? bah, who knows. slow going. but the important part is that i'm still going, right? i'll kick this plateau if it's the last thing i do.

also, GOOOOO BIIIIIIIG REEEEEEED! go big red!
Old 09-26-2009, 07:48 PM   #387  

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahruthie View Post
FIFTIES LADY!!! i saw your name on the board today!!! i hope to join you there soon... maybe in a week or two? bah, who knows. slow going. but the important part is that i'm still going, right? i'll kick this plateau if it's the last thing i do.

also, GOOOOO BIIIIIIIG REEEEEEED! go big red!
Hello Leahruthie, I didn't go in today to WI, else they would have probably made me cross off my name. I had gained one pound when I WI on Wednesday, and this morning, I was the same, so I didn't see any reason for going in and having them tell me to keep doing what I am doing... I better have a loss this week, or I will be so depressed. We work so hard and no results...at least in pounds, we can hope we are still losing inches, not sure when you are plateauing if you are stuck in not losing inches too?

My husband went to AZ to visit our daughter and of course, play golf, so I'm listening to the Big Red game on the radio. Bummer!!! But they are playing good, so that's good news. Would love to see them in the old uniforms. I just don't think spending the $30 for me to watch by myself is very smart..lol. I guess I could run over to one of the sports bars, but no red beers, so I guess I will stay home and sip my red and white water jug.

Hope everything came out ok in GI for you and Josh. You have a good weekend.
Old 09-26-2009, 10:19 PM   #388  

S/C/G: 313/Going down/175

I weighed in yesterday, 2.5, total of 4.5 for the week and grand total of 25. I'm trucking along.
Old 09-27-2009, 05:16 AM   #389  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Wow, what exhaustion will do to you. I worked Mon, Tues, and Wed nights. Got off Wed. Took a friend to drop off car at garage and then to work. Preplanned but didn't realize that the garage was in a town about 30 min away. Then had to drive back to Colo Springs to drop him off at work. He was getting work done on his car while he was out of town. Thank goodness I didn't offer to take him to airport in Denver! Then youngest, who has been sick for a while with this cough, got worse. Had to take him to doctor. Then slept for 3 hours. Picked my oldest son up and he hung out with us for a while. I ordered pizza because I was just too tired to cook and was afraid I would burn the house down! I ended up eating 3 pieces of pizza. I was so worn out that I didn't realize I hadn't eaten all day! The pizza was ok, but so salty! Then Friday I spent from 8am to 6:30 pm driving around running errands. But got a lot done. Did much better with being on plan but still feel swollen with all the salt from pizza. And Friday morning, felt irritable and cranky. Definately not worth it!
Well, just about everything is ready for trip to Omaha. Even bought a bathing suit. Clearance for $9.99 still does not make up for that kind of torture! Leaving Thursday morning and can't wait. Get your waving arms ready ladies!
Old 09-27-2009, 09:38 AM   #390  
rip

Lori123321,
We will be waving. I do hope you get some much needed rest while you are here. You surely deserve it. I am just amazed at how salty take out food is. Always been a salt fanatic, went on this diet and completely cut it out. Now I just can't handle it.

Have a good time and REST!

Started MRC 5/9/09
Closed Thread