Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 05:25 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by msim View Post
SkinnyWallet--
Pick one thing that you can immediately--for example drink water--and make that your priority for today. You can still slug down a lot of water! And then tomorrow, pick something that you don't want to do/have time to do and do it. Journal your food as you are eating it--I hate to do this, and have been known to fill out my sheet moments before weigh-in, but it is also a tool to reinforce the program.
Life catches each and everyone of us off guard, and we do the best we can. You have wonderful, exciting, positive experiences in store for you!

And now for a bit of personal horn tooting.... 3 pounds down since Tuesday! I am at 76 pounds lost; not only did I sign the 70 pound board on Tuesday, but I signed the 75 pound board today. The keys to my success--1. Light clothing-I have on a dress that weighs practically nothing. 2. Game face--I am really working on the 'head' part of this plan and staying focused. I am in control darn it! 3. Darn I don't have a 3rd other than I am going to be below 200 by this time next week!

Have a great weekend everyone!!!!
Msim...great, great news....BRAVO!! I am so very proud and happy for you.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:43 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by msim View Post
SkinnyWallet--
Pick one thing that you can immediately--for example drink water--and make that your priority for today. You can still slug down a lot of water! And then tomorrow, pick something that you don't want to do/have time to do and do it. Journal your food as you are eating it--I hate to do this, and have been known to fill out my sheet moments before weigh-in, but it is also a tool to reinforce the program.
Life catches each and everyone of us off guard, and we do the best we can. You have wonderful, exciting, positive experiences in store for you!

And now for a bit of personal horn tooting.... 3 pounds down since Tuesday! I am at 76 pounds lost; not only did I sign the 70 pound board on Tuesday, but I signed the 75 pound board today. The keys to my success--1. Light clothing-I have on a dress that weighs practically nothing. 2. Game face--I am really working on the 'head' part of this plan and staying focused. I am in control darn it! 3. Darn I don't have a 3rd other than I am going to be below 200 by this time next week!

Have a great weekend everyone!!!!
You go MSIM... Onderland is almost yours!! Yahoo!! :0)
Old 08-15-2009, 08:19 AM   #108  
rip

S/C/G: 282

Height: 5 11

MSIM,
3 pounds to get you below 200 that is fantastic and your attitude is wonderful.

I myself finally made it to the 50 mark. I am so proud of myself. I have NEVER been on to brag about myself but I am bragging about the 50 pounds. In fact it makes me want to work harder to get the weight off.

Everyone have a wonderful weekend.

Started MRC 5/9/09
Old 08-15-2009, 09:17 AM   #109  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rip View Post
MSIM,

I myself finally made it to the 50 mark. I am so proud of myself. I have NEVER been on to brag about myself but I am bragging about the 50 pounds. In fact it makes me want to work harder to get the weight off.

Started MRC 5/9/09
RIP....fantastic...you are doing fabulous....keep going down girl!!!
Old 08-15-2009, 09:31 AM   #110  

Quote:
MSIM,

Started MRC 5/9/09
Congratulations rip!!

50 lbs down feels so great doesn't it! You're on fire now!!
Old 08-15-2009, 10:20 AM   #111  

S/C/G: 279.5/195.5/166

Height: 5' 11"

Quote:
MSIM,

Started MRC 5/9/09
rip
Congratulations! You worked hard on that 50 pounds! Look forward to seeing a picture of you soon!
Old 08-15-2009, 11:41 AM   #112  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

congrats rip!! that's fantastic!!
Old 08-15-2009, 06:36 PM   #113  
rip

Making 50 pounds got me to reflect on how much better I fell and I began to think of alll the good things about losing the weight so I thought I would post of few of them.

I can wear the bracelet that my daughter got me for Xmas and it dangles!

I can now walk as fast as my very tall lab when going for walks instead of her just pulling me

I can cross my legs and it is very comforatable. This was one of my goals
I actually like to cook meals.

I am no longer afraid of the dreaded booth when going out to dinner (been out 4 times since I started this diet) sometime the booths were a little snug and frankly by boobs would touch the table.

I am so much energy which makes me more outgoing.

Public restrooms don't seem as small as they use to be.

I see greasy food and think 'yuck'

My blood pressure is completely normal and even a little low just like the old days.

Lots of other little things too numerous to mention. I know the existence of this forum and all great people on it have been a tremendous strengh to me.

Started MRC 5/9/09
Old 08-15-2009, 07:31 PM   #114  
rip

My 15 year old daughter just looked at me and said "Mom, your legs sure look alot better since you lost all that weight"

Just had to share

Started MRC 5/9/09
Old 08-15-2009, 07:57 PM   #115  

Quote:
Making 50 pounds got me to reflect on how much better I fell and I began to think of alll the good things about losing the weight so I thought I would post of few of them.

I can now walk as fast as my very tall lab when going for walks instead of her just pulling me

I am no longer afraid of the dreaded booth when going out to dinner (been out 4 times since I started this diet) sometime the booths were a little snug and frankly by boobs would touch the table.

My blood pressure is completely normal and even a little low just like the old days.

Lots of other little things too numerous to mention. I know the existence of this forum and all great people on it have been a tremendous strengh to me.

Started MRC 5/9/09
RIP...thanks for sharing...great "good things" you mentioned.

Just with my small weight loss already, I can tell:

My shoes fitting much more comfortable now. (Not talking about my flip flops either)

My dress slacks are not so tight that I have to unbutton them when I sit down (at home of course, never did that at work, although at times I sure wanted to)

My 2-x t-shirts are getting looser.

My bra is fitting much more comfortable. And my "big girl panties" are even a little baggy in the behind. ( Looking forward to wearing nice lacy bras and panties again...I will pass on the thongs though)

My rings are loose on my fingers and easy to take off to clean now.

I find it easier to polish my toe nails. (although at my first 25 pound loss, a pedicure is planned)

My indigestion has disappeared and I don't have to take Pepcid anymore.

Ok, that's enough for now....
Old 08-15-2009, 09:12 PM   #116  

Quote:

Started MRC 5/9/09
Ok I am checking in because I am trying to refocus from my baking stint--marathon episodes of Cake Boss have got to me and I check here and am so totally excited to see our very own rip and her fabulous list of accomplishments!

Good for you for each and every one of these--very inspiring!

Got a couple licks of batter and I am done!
Old 08-15-2009, 10:18 PM   #117  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

rip..how fantastic that all of those things happened. I, too, have noticed many of those same things!! And great to see your beautiful picture!

msim, how did you stop with a couple licks...that's why I'm afraid to lick. You never realize how hard it ISN'T to lick (like I so wanted to tonight when I was making the amazing cheesecake).

Fifties lady, you're amazing!! And thanks for sharing your 'little' things that you've experienced so far. Fantastic!!
Old 08-15-2009, 11:56 PM   #118  

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsmama View Post
rip..how fantastic that all of those things happened. I, too, have noticed many of those same things!! And great to see your beautiful picture!

msim, how did you stop with a couple licks...that's why I'm afraid to lick. You never realize how hard it ISN'T to lick (like I so wanted to tonight when I was making the amazing cheesecake).

Fifties lady, you're amazing!! And thanks for sharing your 'little' things that you've experienced so far. Fantastic!!
noahsmama
Well usually the batter takes care of my sweet craving but I had to go and trim off a little corner. It was delicious but a bit too tempting. I enjoyed the flavor of the one bite so I am going to cover them up and go brush my teeth.
Old 08-16-2009, 05:48 AM   #119  

Height: 5'9"

Default Food Commercails

So I have stared round 2 yesterday and started with the yellow plan to get me back on track since my 6 week vacation...and took a relaxing afternoon watching TV with my kids...and what do I see but loads and loads of FOOD commercials, all advertising junk! I had to turn the channel constantly...for those of you after pre-conditioning knows that the yellow menu is very restrictive...round one I was on the beige menu! My stomach growled and my mouth salivated while watching the commercial...gross! Kept up the water and switched the channels...
Old 08-16-2009, 05:51 PM   #120  

Love your pic rip... it's so great to put a face with the writing :0)
Closed Thread