Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 10:58 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 279.5/195.5/166

Height: 5' 11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by little edie View Post
msim-

Please check for cars both ways before skipping down the street.
little edie,
My 80 pound weight loss celebratory pumps will not allow me to skip.......very long.

When I jumped on my home scale early Wednesday a.m. and saw 199.5 come up, I wondered if I should grab my camera and take a picture!

I really have to say there are other 'victories' along the way that are just as cool...like when I noticed that I could slide between a wall and a chair and not belly bump or have to move the chair...or not have my feet absolutely ache after standing 6 hours.. or not shopping in the women's or plus size section.

When I get an additional 17 pound loss, I will have lost the weight of my youngest child. I am getting a kazoo band for that!
Old 08-28-2009, 11:16 PM   #167  
rip

S/C/G: 282

Height: 5 11

MSIM,
Congratulaions. I have been watching and waiting and cheering you on, just waiting for that magic number on the scale. You must be on cloud nine. Thanks for sharing your journey in your last most.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:21 PM   #168  
rip

I think I need to stop watching The Food Network at night.

Started MRC 5/9/09
Old 08-29-2009, 09:56 AM   #169  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

Well, I showed a pound loss this morning. A baby step, but a step for sure.

My counselor was talking to me about the theory of our body holding on to a specific weight at which it felt comfortable in the past. This would certainly be that weight. When I did WW before, I never saw 169.

But I start going to the gym in a week so let's see how that goes.

Last edited by Dolly; 08-29-2009 at 10:00 AM. Reason: not enough sleep
Old 08-29-2009, 11:10 AM   #170  
rip

Little Edie,
Congrats on the pound. Fantastic that you are starting up at the gym. I started the CT5K make it through week three then life got in the way and I stopped I just need to make sure I get it done. I plan on starting back up tomorrow with it. I will start back up with week 1. I just need to make sure that I don't let other things keep me from the workout. Sometimes I think I just thought I did not have the time to workout but I just need to ALWAYS make the time.

Your doing great

Started MRC 5/9/09
Old 08-30-2009, 11:38 AM   #171  
Master of My Own Destiny

S/C/G: 204/200/145

Height: 5'4"

Thanks so much for sharing your story. Truly an inspiration to those of us just starting out! When I see everyone's ticker and little jumpy lb. wigets, I am motivated to know I can succeed too! Just finished week one - down four pounds. It's a start. Best of all, I have committed to exercising and just completed eight days in a row of walking 2 hilly miles a day. Already I am noticing I am breathing much better, not getting winded so fast, plus my energy level is up (despite dramatic calorie reduction), my skin is brighter, I'm sleeping better. . . I FEEL better.

So glad I finally made the decision to prioritize me and my health for once. That's right, it's ME time, gang!!!!
Old 08-30-2009, 03:00 PM   #172  

S/C/G: 279.5/195.5/166

Height: 5' 11"

Noahsmama,
I love your new avatar picture. At first glance I thought it was Sandra Bullock--you look beautiful!
Old 08-30-2009, 03:10 PM   #173  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by msim View Post
Noahsmama,
I love your new avatar picture. At first glance I thought it was Sandra Bullock--you look beautiful!
Why thank you! I've also been told I look like Lindsay Lohan..LOL (of course before she went all lesbian on me)
Old 08-30-2009, 04:22 PM   #174  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

rip, I'm pretty excited about joining the gym. I used to love to exercise. Now I can't wait to get home and put my feet up.
Old 08-30-2009, 11:48 PM   #175  

S/C/G: 235.5/168/140

Height: 5'3"

Congrats MSIM!!!! Welcome to the green menu! Some days I really miss my cottage cheese that I used to have everyday for lunch, but it is worth it.
I went off way off plan today for the first time and had some popcorn at the movies with my kiddo. We didn't put any extra butter on it, but now I wished we would have because I probably wouldn't have eaten it then. I paid big time just a little later with a sick stomach and a major headache. Carbs are not my friend anymore.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:16 AM   #176  
Flying Eagle Woman

S/C/G: 271/ticker/165

Height: 5'8"

I've been following some of the threads for a couple of weeks and I figured it was time to finally say hello. I'm new to MRC. I joined August 15. I am trying my darndest to follow it to a T. So far I have lost 16 lbs. and have quite a bit more to go. I thought this would be a good support for me and from what I've read so far, it looks like it would help me out a lot. I look forward to reading/responding to more....
Old 08-31-2009, 01:49 AM   #177  
Jaime in E. TX

S/C/G: 292.5/277.5/size 10

Height: 5'4"

Wink I'm back...again

Hi everyone! This is the third time I've started MRC. The first time I did VERY well. The second time I just wasn't into it.

This time I'm ON IT!!! I'm psyched to be doing this again and I know that it works! Thank goodness I found y'all! This is going to make it so much easier!

The recipe thread is a lifesaver.

I'd really like some breakfast ideas. I've had cheesy bread and eggs fo way too long. I did get some maple extract today, so I'm going to try the pancakes/french toast and see how that goes.

Anyone else have breakfast ideas? TIA!! Jaime
Old 08-31-2009, 06:06 AM   #178  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Height: 5'2"

Msim, Congradulations! You are really rocking it! Love those small sizes. Did you save one from your heaviest to compare? How wonderful.

Lynn, So beautiful. Your picture radiates not only your weight loss but your confidence and strength. You must be turning heads all over the place.

For me, half pound away from the 30 pound board. It is so close, I could taste it. FYI, it tastes like cardboard! Busy nights, sometimes don't have time to post but try to read every chance I get. But after this summer, glad to be busy and working!
to all!
Old 08-31-2009, 06:40 AM   #179  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaimesgettinskinny View Post
Hi everyone! This is the third time I've started MRC. The first time I did VERY well. The second time I just wasn't into it.

This time I'm ON IT!!! I'm psyched to be doing this again and I know that it works! Thank goodness I found y'all! This is going to make it so much easier!

The recipe thread is a lifesaver.

I'd really like some breakfast ideas. I've had cheesy bread and eggs fo way too long. I did get some maple extract today, so I'm going to try the pancakes/french toast and see how that goes.

Anyone else have breakfast ideas? TIA!! Jaime
Welcome! Can't help you with breakfast ideas, except the french toast is good. I am a breakfast rut person myself.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:47 PM   #180  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaG View Post
Yesterday at WI, the counselor had some questions for me, and as I was getting ready to leave she asked what size I was when I started and what size I wanted to be. I said I don't care about what the size is and she said I would be an 8/10 easily. I laughed at her!! I have never been a size 10 in my life. Anyway we made a bet so we will see who wins. She said she would think about what we were betting the next time I came in. I told her if she wins, she gets an invitation to the wedding!

I didn't make the 40 lb board. Have less than half a pound to go. Maybe because I want it so bad, my body is fighting it. Who knows.
I was asked the same question about size and was caught off guard by this as well... really I have no idea what size I want to be although I have an idea what size I'll probably be by the time I'm done - I'm guessing an 6/8 - I'm a 12 now, have lost 52.5 lbs, want to lose another 47 or so which would maybe put me at a 6/8??? Anyways, I agree, this really this isn't about size... for me I feel like when I get to the size I feel good at, comfortable and feel as though I look healthy - not too thin - not pudgy - then I will stop there... The big thing for me is I want to be what is considered a "normal" weight... where if I gain a few lbs it's still ok, I wouldn't be considered obese! DH and I are hoping to have another baby next year (part of why I got on this plan in the 1st place) and I want to be able to put on the 25-30 lbs recommended and then whittle it off within a few mo. of delivery... not gain 65 lbs and keep it on for 12 years like the last one! LOL... That's my goal :0)
Closed Thread