Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 02:33 PM   #181  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen1234 View Post
I was asked the same question about size and was caught off guard by this as well... really I have no idea what size I want to be although I have an idea what size I'll probably be by the time I'm done - I'm guessing an 6/8 - I'm a 12 now, have lost 52.5 lbs, want to lose another 47 or so which would maybe put me at a 6/8??? Anyways, I agree, this really this isn't about size... for me I feel like when I get to the size I feel good at, comfortable and feel as though I look healthy - not too thin - not pudgy - then I will stop there... The big thing for me is I want to be what is considered a "normal" weight... where if I gain a few lbs it's still ok, I wouldn't be considered obese! DH and I are hoping to have another baby next year (part of why I got on this plan in the 1st place) and I want to be able to put on the 25-30 lbs recommended and then whittle it off within a few mo. of delivery... not gain 65 lbs and keep it on for 12 years like the last one! LOL... That's my goal :0)
When I started, I was in a 26/28 (sometimes 30/32 if they actually had that size) and now I'm in an 8/10. I NEVER would have thought that I would be in an 8/10 ever. I couldn't remember when I had been there, but it's so nice! I didn't focus on the size but just like you said, I wanted to look healthy; not too thin or pudgy. It's cool because when you get there, your body just settles in at it's weight and you realize that's where you really belong; what works for you and your body.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:36 PM   #182  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaimesgettinskinny View Post
Hi everyone! This is the third time I've started MRC. The first time I did VERY well. The second time I just wasn't into it.

This time I'm ON IT!!! I'm psyched to be doing this again and I know that it works! Thank goodness I found y'all! This is going to make it so much easier!

The recipe thread is a lifesaver.

I'd really like some breakfast ideas. I've had cheesy bread and eggs fo way too long. I did get some maple extract today, so I'm going to try the pancakes/french toast and see how that goes.

Anyone else have breakfast ideas? TIA!! Jaime

Welcome!

So, breakfast.... I like the breakfast sausage a lot..... have you tried it? I also like the pancakes. I believe both are listed in the recipe thread but if you can't find them let me know, and I'll get them for you.
Old 08-31-2009, 03:25 PM   #183  
Teresa

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Karen, I don't think size matters to me because they have always been big sizes most of my life. Anything smaller is good. Plus, size varies by where a person carries their weight. I just bought a pair of 14 slacks, but you are already in a size 12 and I think we are fairly close in weight. If it happens and I get in to an 8 or 10 I will be ecstatic! You have an awesome goal and a tough one as well with a new baby. You have the tools now so use them and even with having a baby, you will get any extra pounds off quickly.
Old 08-31-2009, 03:28 PM   #184  
Teresa

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Default for Kristalin

Kristalin, We all now how busy you must be, but if you are reading, know that I am thinking of you and hoping everything is going great for you.

All the best to you and your family as you start your married life.
Old 08-31-2009, 03:51 PM   #185  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaG View Post
Karen, I don't think size matters to me because they have always been big sizes most of my life. Anything smaller is good. Plus, size varies by where a person carries their weight. I just bought a pair of 14 slacks, but you are already in a size 12 and I think we are fairly close in weight. If it happens and I get in to an 8 or 10 I will be ecstatic! You have an awesome goal and a tough one as well with a new baby. You have the tools now so use them and even with having a baby, you will get any extra pounds off quickly.
Isn't it funny how different everyone is... your post made me stop to think about this ... I started out a 20/22 at 250 lbs and now in a 12 jean (2 different brands) and 14 slack from misses dept as above and 197 lbs. You are 10 lbs less than me, 1 1/2" taller than me (I'm 5'6") and recently purchased a 14 slack. Could be the brands too but just goes to show how different we're all built/constructed. I was always told as a child I was "big boned" LOL but I've come to realize I dont think I am, I think I'm actually a medium build. I have noticed my ribcage, waist, hips and thighes whittling away the fastest though - when they measure me that is always the places I lose the most - typically several inches in each area - I am sure it is the running that is doing this b/c in the past these were the last places to slim down for me. Anyway, interesting observations.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:00 PM   #186  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaG View Post
I agree! Well put!
Old 08-31-2009, 05:11 PM   #187  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

namaste, I wanted to ask you: your weight loss took place over a seemingly long period of time, did you ever want to take a break from MRC?

So far I haven't wanted to but it looks as though I will be on this diet for the rest of the year. I have the mindset that I am a healthy eater now and don't want to pollute my body with junk, but that's for now. I'm not talking about occasional indulgences, but has your mind ever rebelled at being told what to eat and what times?

Right now I get a lot of satisfaction staying on plan, but worry about the day when I'll wake up and lose my focus.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:20 PM   #188  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by little edie View Post
namaste, I wanted to ask you: your weight loss took place over a seemingly long period of time, did you ever want to take a break from MRC?

So far I haven't wanted to but it looks as though I will be on this diet for the rest of the year. I have the mindset that I am a healthy eater now and don't want to pollute my body with junk, but that's for now. I'm not talking about occasional indulgences, but has your mind ever rebelled at being told what to eat and what times?

Right now I get a lot of satisfaction staying on plan, but worry about the day when I'll wake up and lose my focus.
Hmmmm, well it took me 16 months to lose 185 lbs and there was really only one time I really really wanted to eat off plan, and I didn't. It wasn't "worth" it to me. My father in law had just died and I was really tired, and I thought I wanted to "feed" that loss but I sat with the sadness and just let it come. I never ate off plan because I didn't ever find anything to "eat" that was a higher priority to me than what I wanted back from being obese.... I wanted to wear my wedding ring, I wanted to ride a bike with my son, I wanted to fit in a normal bathroom stall, I wanted to not require a seatbelt extender on an airplane, I wanted to ride on any ride at the amusement park, I wanted to live..... The list of things I "wanted" back were sooooo much more important than anything I could have put in my mouth that I was totally committed to the program and getting my life back. I still have that committment because the struggle doesn't end when you lose the weight; it only evolves and you need to constantly re-assess your priorities. And, I'm saying I didn't want to eat off plan (or have it not come into my thought process), I just stepped back and made the conscious decision to not eat off plan.

I hope that helps.
Old 08-31-2009, 06:58 PM   #189  
Flying Eagle Woman

S/C/G: 271/ticker/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
I wanted to wear my wedding ring, I wanted to ride a bike with my son, I wanted to fit in a normal bathroom stall, I wanted to not require a seatbelt extender on an airplane, I wanted to ride on any ride at the amusement park, I wanted to live.....
SO TRUE!! I was so upset this summer when I was turned away from a ride at the amusement park. There were so many people staring and pointing. My kids kept asking why I didn't go on the ride with them and I couldn't face the truth...I said I was scared. I'm SOOO sick of not facing that hard truth and now I keep looking out for all the things my body size hasn't allowed me to do. Last year I lost my first 80 lbs. (gained back 40) but now I'm so determined to get the rest off. I want all those things too...mostly, I just want to be a happier me. It's always nice to know that I'm not the only one who has faced humiliation and felt bad about who I am...I'm looking forward to getting rid of all of those bad feelings. Thanks for the post!
Old 08-31-2009, 07:01 PM   #190  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Hmmmm, well it took me 16 months to lose 185 lbs and there was really only one time I really really wanted to eat off plan, and I didn't. It wasn't "worth" it to me. My father in law had just died and I was really tired, and I thought I wanted to "feed" that loss but I sat with the sadness and just let it come. I never ate off plan because I didn't ever find anything to "eat" that was a higher priority to me than what I wanted back from being obese.... I wanted to wear my wedding ring, I wanted to ride a bike with my son, I wanted to fit in a normal bathroom stall, I wanted to not require a seatbelt extender on an airplane, I wanted to ride on any ride at the amusement park, I wanted to live..... The list of things I "wanted" back were sooooo much more important than anything I could have put in my mouth that I was totally committed to the program and getting my life back. I still have that committment because the struggle doesn't end when you lose the weight; it only evolves and you need to constantly re-assess your priorities. And, I'm saying I didn't want to eat off plan (or have it not come into my thought process), I just stepped back and made the conscious decision to not eat off plan.

I hope that helps.
Now that is self control... and committment :0)
Old 09-01-2009, 03:54 AM   #191  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:

I hope that helps.
You are such an inspiration to me.
I have struggled with wanting to eat off plan quite a bit with all the stress from this summer. I find it is easier to stay on plan when faced with an obvious situation. We had a birthday celebration at work and it was easy to say no to ice cream cake but I fight not to put a slice of cheese on my buffalo burger at night!
I want so much to be a healthy person. Not have someone stare at me at a restaurant when I eat or look at my cart at the store when I shop. I would like to be able to try new styles on to see if they flatter me, but they wouldn't come in my size. Now I am seeing the changes, not only physical but emotionally as well. It is scary and freeing at the same time. I am excited to see what I will look like, planning a total makeover but a little scared that I will be treated different or maybe that I won't! It is hard to know if people treat you a certain way because you are overweight or not.
And, for once, I would like to be refered to as a Hottie!
Old 09-01-2009, 03:58 AM   #192  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen1234 View Post
Isn't it funny how different everyone is... your post made me stop to think about this ... I started out a 20/22 at 250 lbs and now in a 12 jean (2 different brands) and 14 slack from misses dept as above and 197 lbs. You are 10 lbs less than me, 1 1/2" taller than me (I'm 5'6") and recently purchased a 14 slack. Could be the brands too but just goes to show how different we're all built/constructed. I was always told as a child I was "big boned" LOL but I've come to realize I dont think I am, I think I'm actually a medium build. I have noticed my ribcage, waist, hips and thighes whittling away the fastest though - when they measure me that is always the places I lose the most - typically several inches in each area - I am sure it is the running that is doing this b/c in the past these were the last places to slim down for me. Anyway, interesting observations.
I agree. I am several inches shorter then you and just got into a size 14 p. I keep looking at what people's weights are as they change sizes but it is so different with height and build. I am losing weight but not losing as quickly around the waist, hips and thighs as I would like.
Time for measurements!
Old 09-01-2009, 08:16 AM   #193  
Master of My Own Destiny

S/C/G: 204/200/145

Height: 5'4"

I'm looking forward to the fashion options available in smaller sizes. It seems the clothing brands stop caring about good design in anything above a 14. I'm getting too old for sexy (well, maybe I can do a little sexy) but I would love to be more stylish. Over size 14 and clothes get 'utilitarian' real fast.
At my starting weight of 204, I've got plenty of bootie and hefty thighs, but my biggest problem is my stomach. Looks like I'm 5 mo pregnant. All my wardrobe choices are based around trying to hide 'the baby'. That's my goal - I'm looking forward to delivering a healthy, new me!!!
Old 09-01-2009, 10:13 AM   #194  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by FEWoman View Post
SO TRUE!! I was so upset this summer when I was turned away from a ride at the amusement park. There were so many people staring and pointing. My kids kept asking why I didn't go on the ride with them and I couldn't face the truth...I said I was scared. I'm SOOO sick of not facing that hard truth and now I keep looking out for all the things my body size hasn't allowed me to do. Last year I lost my first 80 lbs. (gained back 40) but now I'm so determined to get the rest off. I want all those things too...mostly, I just want to be a happier me. It's always nice to know that I'm not the only one who has faced humiliation and felt bad about who I am...I'm looking forward to getting rid of all of those bad feelings. Thanks for the post!
Thanks for sharing, that's a wonderful start.... opening up here is a great way to put it out there, and let it go and we're "safe" so let it out. Holding on to all that "stuff" isn't healthy either, so realizing it and saying it.... making it real, is big. You're on your way; You can do this!

Last edited by namaste; 09-01-2009 at 10:18 AM.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:16 AM   #195  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori123321 View Post
You are such an inspiration to me.
I have struggled with wanting to eat off plan quite a bit with all the stress from this summer. I find it is easier to stay on plan when faced with an obvious situation. We had a birthday celebration at work and it was easy to say no to ice cream cake but I fight not to put a slice of cheese on my buffalo burger at night!
I want so much to be a healthy person. Not have someone stare at me at a restaurant when I eat or look at my cart at the store when I shop. I would like to be able to try new styles on to see if they flatter me, but they wouldn't come in my size. Now I am seeing the changes, not only physical but emotionally as well. It is scary and freeing at the same time. I am excited to see what I will look like, planning a total makeover but a little scared that I will be treated different or maybe that I won't! It is hard to know if people treat you a certain way because you are overweight or not.
And, for once, I would like to be refered to as a Hottie!
Thank you!

I think that you really need to look at the positive there! Before you started would you have said no to ice cream cake? I mean, that's huge.

I'm so happy you are seeing the changes because that's huge. It's empowering.

Closed Thread