Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 09:29 AM   #496  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaimesgettinskinny View Post
I'm so excited! I started MRC about 35 days ago...

I'M DOWN 28 POUNDS!!! I should be able to sign the 30 pound poster by this weekend!!

Other than SICK AND TIRED of chicken, I love this diet! It's strict, but it sure does work!!

Thanx so much to everyone on here! I've used a few of the recipes and I love them!

Jaime in TX
Congrats Jaime! you're doing great, keep up the good work :0)
Old 10-07-2009, 09:42 AM   #497  

S/C/G: 193/143/145

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:

I'M DOWN 28 POUNDS!!! I should be able to sign the 30 pound poster by this weekend!!

Other than SICK AND TIRED of chicken, I love this diet! It's strict, but it sure does work!!

Thanx so much to everyone on here! I've used a few of the recipes and I love them!

Jaime in TX
Way to go Jaime! I feel your pain on the chicken. I'm so proud of you, you're well on your way.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:35 PM   #498  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 212/212/130

Height: 5'1

I see where people have listed eggs on this diet...can you have the whole egg or just the egg white...sorry for all the questions everyone. : 0 )
Old 10-07-2009, 01:59 PM   #499  
Teresa

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:

Jaime in TX
Way to go Jaime! You are doing a great job with this. Forget the 30 lb, you'll be signing the 50 lb board in no time it looks like. Great job!
Old 10-07-2009, 06:06 PM   #500  
rip

S/C/G: 282

Height: 5 11

Jaime,
Way to go! Congrats! You are so worth it!

Karen,
Isn't this your big weekend for the 5K? I am very excited for you and will be wishing you the best. If I remember correctly it is the 10th.

All,
B4 I left for vacation I bought a pair of size 16 pants. They were too small but I knew I would get into them eventually. I tried them on after work today and they fit. I am very excited. I know that every brand of 16 won't fit but these do. It made my day. I also put on a pair of sweats this past weekend, had not had them on since last winter long before MRC, they fell off. Oh my if that wasn't a boost.

I will do my WI on Friday I hope to see at least a little loss.

FiftiesLady,
I am going to make your soup again this weekend it was so yummy!

Started MRC 5/9/09

Octobedr Goal

Last edited by rip; 10-07-2009 at 06:08 PM.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:40 PM   #501  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWE140 View Post
We are all human and have our own paths and struggles to go through and fortunately we have found each other here to take this journey together!

Karen you are absolutely right about having an open and honest conversation with yourself about your expectations with this program, I tried two time before with MRC and did not complete the program because it was too restrictive and I did not allow myself to LIVE with the program and accept the fact that every few weeks I will have an off program food...before I would beat myself up and feel so guilty and give up, now I am honest with myself knowing I can do this program 95% of the time and succeed. for the past 6 weeks or so I have stayed on plan 100% but I am planning my off plan days when I go to vegas, and will return to the plan when I return, I am allowing myself to live and experience life having the tools to get me back on track for a few more weeks until the holidays...you bet I plan on having a piece of my pumpkin, peacan, chocolate chip bundt cake over the holidays...and hope to be at goal before the new year...this will be nearly a year on MRC, I started Feb 2009.

I will always struggle with my weight -now, after and forever, my success will be how I face each challenge. I had a moment yesterday when I realized that I have been hiding behind myself or inside myself and not letting anyone in for a very long time - since the weight gain...I just moved with the motions not feeling anything or wanting anyone to notice me...I was the mother in the back of the room keeping to herself and not participating in conversations, just hiding behind my 80+ weight gain feeling worthless, alone, afraid...I realized this when I was waiting on my daughter from a choir meeting yesterday when another mother sat next to me and gave an introduction - Hi I'm so and so, and of course I said hi I'm ________, she immediately said hey I know your son, he was in my sons 6th grade class etc...well my son is a freshman in college this year...then her daughter came up and said oh yes, your son was in my Pre-Cal class in 11th grade....this is when I realized I truly have been living behind a wall...of course I see everyone in town all the time, but I never truly became an active member of "small talk"...only hi from afar - no wonder my kids call me anti-social, of course in my professional life I interact all the time, but it is on a completely different level, nothing personal and I'm a different person when dealing with working relations...I have noticed people taking a second look at me when they see me to figure out what is different ...well its 50lbs and the huge smile I am carrying...oh and yes I have blond hair now...anyway I am finally opening up as this weight falls off...I do not feel as burden with it and this is truly a great feeling...I have not been honest even with my husband on the amount of weight I gained or how much I weighed, only today I told him I lost 50lbs he said WOW 50lbs, and then continued to ask me how much more do you plan to lose, well I said probably 25-30 more, he said that's nearly 80lbs you will be too thin, this is when i told him that I would need to lose another 35 pounds to weigh what i did in the year 2000...I think his jaw dropped at that point, this is when I finally confessed that I had gained over 80+lbs in 8 years. My husband works in another country and we communicate with Skype so he is missing the whole experience...I saw him last in the summer after losing 30 pounds and now I hope to be down 60lbs when he comes home for the holidays... Well enough from me...just wanted to spill my heart today. Have a great week all.... and Yes, fifties Lady I do soak my beans overnight to help with the gas!
I have felt the same way. I have had difficulty in some public places because I just feel awkward and unwanted. Totally in my mind. I am trying to force myself to get over it. I forced myself to talk with a nice looking man while waiting at the DMV. I would never have done that before because I would feel he was too far "above" me. Silly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaRee mother of 3 View Post
Hello everyone! My name is Lisa and I am a 37 year old in Nebraska. I just joined this today and am eager to get MRC started. I have my meating on October 16th yet I am very nervous about what they will say. I am weighing in at about 201 and I am only 5'2 so I have so much to loose. I have tried so many diet plans including releana and nothing seems to work for me. I am eager to start this but I have a question. I am the pickiest of eaters. Which would explain why I have gained the weight I have gained. I like the unhealthy stuff. I don't mind healthy food but I don't like most vegetables. Unless it is green beans, carrots, celery, corn, peas and lettuce...I won't touch it. Pathetic I know. How hard is it going to be for a person like me to eat on this diet???? Please give me some input. I don't want to waste a bunch of money that I just will not be able to do. I am so desperate for support and at this point in life I am so ashamed of myself and discouraged because I have no self discipline when it comes to my eating. Plus I am an asthmatic...which compounds the problem. But I know if I lose weight the asthma will get better.

Please give me so help.

Thanks so very much!
Take this time to try new things. I have a small amount of veggies that I liked prior to MRC and have discovered a love of other things now. I get excited with the new stuff I am trying and love to visit the produce dept at the store. Always thought it was just a place to get through before! Try buying small amounts of veggies to try, that way if you hate it, you won't have to force yourself to eat it or throw it out. My start weight and height are close to yours and I have lost 35 pounds so far. You can do this if you choose!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaRee mother of 3 View Post
I see where people have listed eggs on this diet...can you have the whole egg or just the egg white...sorry for all the questions everyone. : 0 )
Either one. When you get your menu, it will explain it all.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:43 PM   #502  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Height: 5'2"

Incase you were wondering. That is my guy friend in the pic with me. We had a great time and I think he got a little jealous when a guy hit on me at the hotel bar. It was a little amusing since he has never seen that happen before.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:21 PM   #503  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rip View Post
Jaime,
Way to go! Congrats! You are so worth it!

Karen,
Isn't this your big weekend for the 5K? I am very excited for you and will be wishing you the best. If I remember correctly it is the 10th.

All,
B4 I left for vacation I bought a pair of size 16 pants. They were too small but I knew I would get into them eventually. I tried them on after work today and they fit. I am very excited. I know that every brand of 16 won't fit but these do. It made my day. I also put on a pair of sweats this past weekend, had not had them on since last winter long before MRC, they fell off. Oh my if that wasn't a boost.

I will do my WI on Friday I hope to see at least a little loss.

FiftiesLady,
I am going to make your soup again this weekend it was so yummy!

Started MRC 5/9/09

Octobedr Goal

Rip,
Yes, you're right, this is my weekend for the 5k on the 10th... I think it really just hit me today and I felt both nervous and excited at the same time. I have so many feelings going on about this but I know I'll do fine. Thanks for the well wishes, I'll let you all know how it goes when I get back Sunday night :0)
Old 10-07-2009, 09:17 PM   #504  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori123321 View Post
Incase you were wondering. That is my guy friend in the pic with me. We had a great time and I think he got a little jealous when a guy hit on me at the hotel bar. It was a little amusing since he has never seen that happen before.
You look fabulous in your picture I almost didn't recognize you!! And you make a very nice 'couple' he's crazy if he doesn't realize that!
Old 10-07-2009, 09:22 PM   #505  

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen1234 View Post
Rip,
Yes, you're right, this is my weekend for the 5k on the 10th... I think it really just hit me today and I felt both nervous and excited at the same time. I have so many feelings going on about this but I know I'll do fine. Thanks for the well wishes, I'll let you all know how it goes when I get back Sunday night :0)
Karen, I can't wait to hear how your 5K goes...I know the feeling you have just about now...nerves is all it is and you will do great...when you are going over the hill for the second time I will be cheering you on from Northwest Arkansas...Best of luck...
Old 10-07-2009, 09:36 PM   #506  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Please start a new thread. This one has passed 500 posts and will be closed.
Closed Thread