Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 11:05 PM   #331  

S/C/G: 229/see ticker/160

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifties Lady View Post
Yep...same Joseph!!! He is one little hotty!!! I missed seeing him, but watch the local papers because he performs all around the state.

How did you like him Phat not Fat?
He's some definite eye candy! (Be still, 49 year old heart!) I was very intrigued with his performance. I don't know what his musical background is, but I found something quite odd. When he was singing the regular Elvis standards, he was mediocre. However, he performed one gospel tune (one I'd never heard before) and OMG, did he belt it! It truly sounded like it was coming from his gut and heart, and I didn't get that impression on the rock n roll stuff.

Apparently, the national exposure has opened up some awesome opportunities for him. This week, he goes to England to host an international Elvis impersonator competition. And beginning in November, he'll be playing Branson, MO 5 nights a week.

Therefore, FL, you may want to catch his gospel concert at St. Mark's United Methodist on Oct. 11. It looks like that may be the last thing around here for awhile.

-- JJ
Old 09-21-2009, 11:38 PM   #332  

S/C/G: 229/see ticker/160

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Leah and Phat not Fat,

I just had to miss the both of you Saturday. I think I got there around ten. There was no one waiting so I got right in. Leah, I know if you are in a hurry, and there is a waiting line, they will let you go ahead if you just want to be weighed and not needing to meet with the counselor. Sometimes a quickie is nice...LOL. So I signed the board after you left. Good job on both of you gals weight loss for the week. 1/2 pound was depressing, but it got me to the 20 pound mark. Have you both been going twice a week to WI? I am anxious for the the Cooking class this week. I know you don't like fish Leah, but maybe we could all meet finally. Are you going Phat not Fat? I will try to get there early to WI first.

Oh I missed the Women's Expo, dang....I had planned to go too. I so much wanted to see Joe Hall....darn.

Leah, so sorrry about your BF's dad not being well. I hope he recovers from what is ailing him. Gosh....I haven't had KCF in over a year....I'm hungry right now, so that even sounds good.
FL -- I WI on Tuesday afternoon on my way home from work and then on Saturday morning.

Cripes! I forgot about the cooking class. When is that? I've been wanting to go for so long.

-- JJ
Old 09-22-2009, 03:54 AM   #333  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen1234 View Post
Ha Girls! I've been doing the same thing :0) I just bought this beautiful dress this weekend, sleveless, v-neck, A frame, made with black lace over tan/nude colored solid background, neck is outlined with beautiful black sequins, it is just below the knee, very classy, has a wide satin band that runs just under breasts to back that accentuates my smallest area and it is a size 10!! I'm going to dinner Friday with some other ladies to a Tapas restaurant, upscale, and was looking for a classic black dress and although this might be a bit overkill, I loved it so much and just had to get it... I have the tag on still, with the size showing and the dress is hanging up displayed front and center in my closet so it's the 1st thing I see every time I walk in there!! I will post a pic later when I get home for you to see... my husband was so sweet, he was a little upset I would be wearing it out without him. We never go out just the 2 of us, especially to a fine dining restaurant and there are so many to choose from here in Savannah so that is a shame, we don't have grandparents in the State to help us with our daughter or a babysitter we know so she goes everywhere with us. I told him to find a babysitter or have her stay with a friend one Fri or Sat Eve and take me out, I'd much rather go with him than anyone else! He said he would and I'm waiting and hoping he will :0) I'm trying to be very reassuring to him that he is always my #1, for some reason lately he seems a little worried, nervous, slightly jealous here and there, not in a mean way, just in an anxious way. I hate that for him, I want him to know nothing has changed between he and I just b/c I'm changing on the outside. He's also a little worried that Dr's/Surgeons at work are going to try to hit on me etc... he asks me every so often about it. I always tell him absolutely not, they all know I am happily married, my family is the 1st thing I always talk about with anyone and I never give anyone the impression I'm interested, always quite the opposite. I'm just not. We've been together for 18 years, married for 15 years and I'm only 34! That's more than half my life. He's the sweetest, most wonderful husband ever and takes such great care of us (I tell him so all the time) so why would I throw that away? Anyways, if anyone has ideas on how I can make him feel more reassured, just let me know :0) Have a great day!
Just reading your post brought tears to my eyes. How wonderful to love and be loved in that way. Makes me have hope. It sounds like you are doing what you can for him. Maybe finding a sitter yourself and surprising him with a night for just the two of you. Then ravish him! Maybe recreate a special night for you. Like when he proposed, take him out and ask him to renew your vows. You don't have to go all out, but then again why not? If you have a copy of your vows, take him somewhere special to the two of you and just recite them. Then tell him you are committing yourself to him all over again. FYI try Victoria's Secret for leopard print undies. If you don't normally go for that type of thing, he will flip. Especially under that beautiful black dress!
Old 09-22-2009, 07:54 AM   #334  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phat not Fat View Post
He's some definite eye candy! (Be still, 49 year old heart!) I was very intrigued with his performance. I don't know what his musical background is, but I found something quite odd. When he was singing the regular Elvis standards, he was mediocre. However, he performed one gospel tune (one I'd never heard before) and OMG, did he belt it! It truly sounded like it was coming from his gut and heart, and I didn't get that impression on the rock n roll stuff.

Apparently, the national exposure has opened up some awesome opportunities for him. This week, he goes to England to host an international Elvis impersonator competition. And beginning in November, he'll be playing Branson, MO 5 nights a week.

Therefore, FL, you may want to catch his gospel concert at St. Mark's United Methodist on Oct. 11. It looks like that may be the last thing around here for awhile.

-- JJ
Thanks for the heads up. I just might have to check out that one. Hey, no matter what our age....we can still "Rock n Roll".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phat not Fat View Post
FL -- I WI on Tuesday afternoon on my way home from work and then on Saturday morning.

Cripes! I forgot about the cooking class. When is that? I've been wanting to go for so long.

-- JJ
This Wednesday at 5:30. Hope to see you there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori123321 View Post
Just reading your post brought tears to my eyes. How wonderful to love and be loved in that way. Makes me have hope. It sounds like you are doing what you can for him. Maybe finding a sitter yourself and surprising him with a night for just the two of you. Then ravish him! Maybe recreate a special night for you. Like when he proposed, take him out and ask him to renew your vows. You don't have to go all out, but then again why not? If you have a copy of your vows, take him somewhere special to the two of you and just recite them. Then tell him you are committing yourself to him all over again. FYI try Victoria's Secret for leopard print undies. If you don't normally go for that type of thing, he will flip. Especially under that beautiful black dress!
Karen...you listen to Lori....go get the leopard undies and have a wonderful "date night"!!! Your husband won't know what hit him!!!

Last edited by Fifties Lady; 09-22-2009 at 07:56 AM. Reason: multiple quotes
Old 09-22-2009, 09:51 AM   #335  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/196/155

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
MEOW!! hehe
Old 09-22-2009, 09:54 AM   #336  
Leah

also, karen, i know what you're going through--and what your husband is going through! josh and i are both working really hard on ourselves, he on gaining weight and me on losing it, and i think as we see each other becoming more and more attractive than ever, we're both a little nervous and excited and unsure of things, so we're both taking extra care to love each other a little more.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:52 AM   #337  

Well, I can't believe it. We had snow last night and a possible winter storm warning for tonight. Not much to show for it at the foothills. Just some white roofs but some of the higher elevations have had 6-8 inches! Off to bed. Will leave for work early since I have to drive fairly far.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:09 AM   #338  

Quote:
Well, I can't believe it. We had snow last night and a possible winter storm warning for tonight. Not much to show for it at the foothills. Just some white roofs but some of the higher elevations have had 6-8 inches! Off to bed. Will leave for work early since I have to drive fairly far.
Lori, I saw the pics on the news last night...I can't believe snow already!!! This is waaaaaaaaay toooooo sooooon! I am not ready for winter. Drive safely!!!
Old 09-22-2009, 01:04 PM   #339  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Wow Lori, I can't believe that. It's still in the low 80's here (Indiana). I'm wanting it to get cooler so I can wear some of my new fall clothes I've been buying! I know...I'm silly wanting it to get cold

I also have to say I went to Kenney Chesney's Sun City Carnival Tour on Saturday night and saw the Zac Brown Band, Miranda Lambert, Montgomery Gentry, Sugarland, and Kenney. It was amazing!!! We got free tickets because long story short, we know a member of the ZBB and we sat 17 rows from the stage on the floor and at one point when an artist came out off of the main stage, I was about 10 feet from them!! I saw Kenny's sweat and got some great pictures. Just thought I'd share that for your country music fans. And I took a bar/HNS with me and did just fine
Old 09-22-2009, 01:26 PM   #340  

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsmama View Post
Wow Lori, I can't believe that. It's still in the low 80's here (Indiana). I'm wanting it to get cooler so I can wear some of my new fall clothes I've been buying! I know...I'm silly wanting it to get cold

I also have to say I went to Kenney Chesney's Sun City Carnival Tour on Saturday night and saw the Zac Brown Band, Miranda Lambert, Montgomery Gentry, Sugarland, and Kenney. It was amazing!!! We got free tickets because long story short, we know a member of the ZBB and we sat 17 rows from the stage on the floor and at one point when an artist came out off of the main stage, I was about 10 feet from them!! I saw Kenny's sweat and got some great pictures. Just thought I'd share that for your country music fans. And I took a bar/HNS with me and did just fine
Noahsmama....how can I be from Nebraska and not be a Country Fan???

I am so jealous...you are so very lucky. Sugarland is one of my all time favs, but Kenny would be awesome to see in concert too. That was quite a list of talent there. You had to have had so much fun...thank you for sharing. I haven't been to a concert in years.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:43 PM   #341  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

I am so jealous...you are so very lucky. Sugarland is one of my all time favs, but Kenny would be awesome to see in concert too. That was quite a list of talent there. You had to have had so much fun...thank you for sharing. I haven't been to a concert in years.
It was so much fun, you have no idea! I haven't been to a concert since '99 when we went and saw the George Straight Country Music Festival and ironically Kenney Chesney was the opening act back then and now it's his show! Sugarland and the ZBB are my favs
Old 09-22-2009, 02:27 PM   #342  
Leah

Quote:
hah! i break that mold... definitely not a country fan. but the concert sounds like fun regardless--i love concerts!! so much energy and comraderie.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:03 PM   #343  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Snow???!! Wow!!

Quote:
Thanks Lori, and you should have hope. There's someone out there for each of us, I was just lucky and blessed to find mine the 1st time around :0) OK, as for the leopard print, that would be slightly out of character for me... I've certainly worn a few adventerous things here and there but leopard print would be the last thing he would expect so he would probably go gaga nuts over that!! I think it's a great idea, I will have to arrange for our daughter to spend the night at a friend's house and then make reservations at a romantic restaurant for the evening then go for some dancing by the piano on the river at the piano bar and then as you say "ravish him" (Oh Lord, can't believe I just typed that, LOL).... I do not have copies of our vows, we had a standard catholic wedding with full mass, so I think I'll just write down some things I want to say and just tell him. I'll post some pics soon... Thanks Lori!

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up. I just might have to check out that one. Hey, no matter what our age....we can still "Rock n Roll".

This Wednesday at 5:30. Hope to see you there.

Karen...you listen to Lori....go get the leopard undies and have a wonderful "date night"!!! Your husband won't know what hit him!!!
I will!

Thanks again Ladies, I am so glad to have you!!

Last edited by Karen1234; 09-22-2009 at 08:04 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:14 AM   #344  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen1234 View Post
Snow???!! Wow!!

Thanks Lori, and you should have hope. There's someone out there for each of us, I was just lucky and blessed to find mine the 1st time around :0) OK, as for the leopard print, that would be slightly out of character for me... I've certainly worn a few adventerous things here and there but leopard print would be the last thing he would expect so he would probably go gaga nuts over that!! I think it's a great idea, I will have to arrange for our daughter to spend the night at a friend's house and then make reservations at a romantic restaurant for the evening then go for some dancing by the piano on the river at the piano bar and then as you say "ravish him" (Oh Lord, can't believe I just typed that, LOL).... I do not have copies of our vows, we had a standard catholic wedding with full mass, so I think I'll just write down some things I want to say and just tell him. I'll post some pics soon... Thanks Lori!

I will!

Thanks again Ladies, I am so glad to have you!!
I can't wait to see those pics! Enjoy your night and the love you share!
Old 09-23-2009, 06:52 PM   #345  
Teresa

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Default weight loss seems to have stalled, ugh

First of all I want to say how much I appreciate everyone who shares and gives support here. It definitely helps me stay OP even if it doesn't seem to be working right now.

Last week I stayed OP and watched the scale go up and down with the same few pounds. I cut out the cheese, no bars, no creamies, all the things I've heard of doing and still nothing. One morning, I looked at the scale and asked myself what's the use, why bother, blah, blah, blah. Sunday wasn't the greatest because we had to get out of the house by 8 a.m. for family pictures, so after getting three of the five of us ready, I left the house without breakfast, and choices for lunch weren't that great at the restaurant we went to. The scale still doesn't seem to be cooperating this week either.

The last few weeks have been a little stressful and not sure if that is having an impact or not. Nothing too horrible, just kind of stressed about school this semester. I'm trying to be very conscious of it and let things go. Has anyone else gone through a period of being stressed and seen this sort of thing? Maybe it's just time for my body to take a long time to readjust, I don't know. Last week I lost 1/2 lb.
Closed Thread