Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 04:07 PM   #196  
266/236/192

S/C/G: 266/236/192

Height: 5'10"

Talking Running Hi/Bye/Thank you

Teresa - thank you for your kind words!

Today is that last official day of my gift program. I am wearing a size (Lane Bryant anyways) 14/16 dress. I haven't fit into that size since I was in 9th grade!

Although I haven't lost nearly as much as I had hoped to over the 4 months If I am honest though I have had my OP moments but they haven't been to the extreme or "normal" level I was eating before I started the program. So I am trying not to be too down on myself. I just hope I don't disappoint any of the ladies at MRC.

If they let me have copies of my before and after pictures I will post both.

The last few weeks have been crazy! My dr put me back on a medicine that caused me to stop lossing and gain some. Lucky for me I tried my wedding dress on on Friday and it still fits. I quit taking the medicine last week because it wasn't doing what it should anyways (I did get the ok from the Dr).

Work has exploded and then trying to sort out the house and the remainder of the wedding stuff has been hard. Everything is finally in place now I just want it to be over with! lol

Worst part for me is the dread of the in-laws. I ALWAYS over eat to deal with stressful situations and I am not sure how I am going to handle them. Although I plan to have a glass of water permanently glued to my hand for the entire visit.

I had my hair makeover last Saturday and the color and cut came out great the salon that donated/gifted me a ton of services is great. If anyone in the Denver metro is looking for an awesome salon shoot me and private message and I will be happy to give your their info.

I just have to try to get through this week, survive the visit and wedding then it is back on plan on the 14th!

Glad to see everyone doing so well and hanging in there. Even though I haven't been posting when I can't sleep and am not working on something I scan the posts

Thanks everyone for being so supportive and pictures will be posted in a week or two.

HUGS
Old 09-01-2009, 10:32 PM   #197  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

namaste, thank you.

When I first started MRC I decided I would play the role of a person who eats healthy and really cares about her body. Now I AM that person. I also miss the body I use to have that doesn't ache after working long hours and doesn't sweat in mild temperatures when others are shivering. I missed being COMFORTABLE.

I feel so much better now and hope it gets even better.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:34 PM   #198  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

Kristalin,

Thank you for taking time to post. Lots of us have been wondering how you were doing.

I'm very excited for you and can't wait to see your pictures.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:27 PM   #199  
Flying Eagle Woman

S/C/G: 271/ticker/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristalin180 View Post

Worst part for me is the dread of the in-laws. I ALWAYS over eat to deal with stressful situations and I am not sure how I am going to handle them. Although I plan to have a glass of water permanently glued to my hand for the entire visit.
Wow, I hear ya! I am/was () the same way. Everytime my family visits, whether it's in-laws or the regular parents, I tend to overeat. The stress of so many people in the house make me turn to my old pal Doritos. I am having a TON of family over this weekend for Labor day and feel some stress about it. I talked with the MRC lady today and told her about my fear. She assured me that if I've done this well so far I can continue. I hope, I hope!! As for the water...I am right there with ya!
Old 09-02-2009, 12:01 PM   #200  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ommani View Post
I'm looking forward to the fashion options available in smaller sizes. It seems the clothing brands stop caring about good design in anything above a 14. I'm getting too old for sexy (well, maybe I can do a little sexy) but I would love to be more stylish. Over size 14 and clothes get 'utilitarian' real fast.
At my starting weight of 204, I've got plenty of bootie and hefty thighs, but my biggest problem is my stomach. Looks like I'm 5 mo pregnant. All my wardrobe choices are based around trying to hide 'the baby'. That's my goal - I'm looking forward to delivering a healthy, new me!!!
I fully concur with the limited fashion options with the higher sizes. Like they think you should be grateful they are making clothes just to cover your body! Well, the labor shouldn't be as painful!
And FYI, if you want to go for sexy, do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
Thank you!

I think that you really need to look at the positive there! Before you started would you have said no to ice cream cake? I mean, that's huge.

I'm so happy you are seeing the changes because that's huge. It's empowering.

I didn't think of it that way. I would have definitely eaten the ice cream cake and not thought a thing of it. Now I didn't eat the cake, and really didn't think a thing of it! Laughing a little at myself! Thinking on why the cheese is an issue, maybe because I have tried to think of off plan food as like something I am allergic to, so it is not an option. But that stupid slice of cheese is an option at certain times so I guess that is a little passive/aggressive manipulation on my part. Wanting to bend the rules like a dieting rebel. Food for thought, so to speak.
Old 09-02-2009, 12:04 PM   #201  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristalin180 View Post
Teresa - thank you for your kind words!

Today is that last official day of my gift program. I am wearing a size (Lane Bryant anyways) 14/16 dress. I haven't fit into that size since I was in 9th grade!

Although I haven't lost nearly as much as I had hoped to over the 4 months If I am honest though I have had my OP moments but they haven't been to the extreme or "normal" level I was eating before I started the program. So I am trying not to be too down on myself. I just hope I don't disappoint any of the ladies at MRC.

If they let me have copies of my before and after pictures I will post both.

The last few weeks have been crazy! My dr put me back on a medicine that caused me to stop lossing and gain some. Lucky for me I tried my wedding dress on on Friday and it still fits. I quit taking the medicine last week because it wasn't doing what it should anyways (I did get the ok from the Dr).

Work has exploded and then trying to sort out the house and the remainder of the wedding stuff has been hard. Everything is finally in place now I just want it to be over with! lol

I had my hair makeover last Saturday and the color and cut came out great the salon that donated/gifted me a ton of services is great. If anyone in the Denver metro is looking for an awesome salon shoot me and private message and I will be happy to give your their info.

I just have to try to get through this week, survive the visit and wedding then it is back on plan on the 14th!

Glad to see everyone doing so well and hanging in there. Even though I haven't been posting when I can't sleep and am not working on something I scan the posts

Thanks everyone for being so supportive and pictures will be posted in a week or two.

HUGS
I look forward to seeing your pictures. Sending the best of wishes to you and your family. I hope that being on plan means that you will continue on with MRC until you are where you want to be. If you choose to go it alone, remember, we are here for you, babe!
Old 09-05-2009, 10:56 AM   #202  
rip

S/C/G: 282

Height: 5 11

Been catching up on the threads I so enjoy reading how everyone is doing. It is just finding the time!

I went to the Dr. yesterday for my yearly checkup and wondered if they would notice the weight lose. When the nurse weighed me she said oh stay there a sec. then she wrote down my weight and said oh my look and pointed her pen at my last two weights. It was so funny, almost like she was telling me something I did not know and double checking to make sure she had not messed up. When the Dr. came in the first thing the nurse said was look, look at the weight. My Dr. was very happy and I assured her that it was because of her recommendation that I had gone to MRC. I had been in for back issues, she told me about MRC and I went the next day. It made me feel good that they noticed. My Dr. stressed how very important it was to go through stabalization and not fall back into bad habits. She then told me how she had been overweight most of her life until about 10 years ago. I was shocked she is very small and petite.

I am always surprised at these tiny people I see and hear how they use to be overweight by a lot. So many of the people at the center just look perfect and I can't believe when they show me their before pictures.

I have been thinking why do I want to lose weight, is it because society puts an emphasis on being thin? I don't think that is healthy thinking. So I looked back at what I want out of this and oh there are so many things
Feeliing Better
Old 09-05-2009, 11:02 AM   #203  
rip

Accidentally hit post and I was not done. Okay,
Feeling better, I already feel so much better no carrying so much extra weight I can't imagine how I will feel when all the weight is gone.

So much more energy
I am more sociable.

I have much more fun with my kids and feel like I am living life the way I want
with out restrictions

I am completely off of any medication I was taking

Blood Pressure is normal

Most importantly for the first time in a long time I am truly happy not just pretending. Not that I was not happy before but before all I thought about was eating and how miserable I was after I ate. Now I know how to eat properly and healthy.

I am so excited to keep losing.

Everyone have a great holiday!
Old 09-05-2009, 11:05 AM   #204  
rip

Kristalin180,

You will survive the in-laws. Try not to stress and just take things as they come. Easy for me to say (my in-laws aren't here)!

Lane Bryant or not 14/16 is just AWESOME.

Best Wishes.

Started MRC 5/9/09
Old 09-07-2009, 11:00 PM   #205  

Rip, congratulations on making the nurse do a double take! And I agree that society makes too much of being thin, they call being overweight the last acceptable prejudice. I think we need to concentrate on being healthier. I like the idea of being thin, but I like the idea of being at a healthier weight better. And you sound like you are seeing the results of being a healthier you already. Not all of them are on a scale or on a tag inside a pair of jeans. You go out and take on the world! Let your smile be your beacon.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:59 PM   #206  

I finally signed the 30 pound board! Down 3.5 pounds to make a total loss of 32.5. Yahoo! That was after attending a wedding, going to the movies (did have some popcorn), went out to lunch and a bbq this weekend. Whew! it was like walking through a battlefield. Instead of bullets flying around me it was food tempting me, wedding cake on the left, baked beans on the right. Watch out, that was a glass of wine coming up behind me! Oh and then there was the little mints, looking so innocent but they are like sneak attacks. Then the absence of all we need for a MRC meal. I feel like I need a medal or something! lol signing the 30 pound board was good enough!
Old 09-08-2009, 02:04 PM   #207  
jeanette

S/C/G: 170/139/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori123321 View Post
I finally signed the 30 pound board! Down 3.5 pounds to make a total loss of 32.5. Yahoo! That was after attending a wedding, going to the movies (did have some popcorn), went out to lunch and a bbq this weekend. Whew! it was like walking through a battlefield. Instead of bullets flying around me it was food tempting me, wedding cake on the left, baked beans on the right. Watch out, that was a glass of wine coming up behind me! Oh and then there was the little mints, looking so innocent but they are like sneak attacks. Then the absence of all we need for a MRC meal. I feel like I need a medal or something! lol signing the 30 pound board was good enough!
WOW! Lori, half way to your Sept goal and almost half way to your overall goal! You did great on that battlefield! Way to go, Lori! jeanette
Old 09-08-2009, 02:14 PM   #208  

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuselady View Post
WOW! Lori, half way to your Sept goal and almost half way to your overall goal! You did great on that battlefield! Way to go, Lori! jeanette
Thanks Jeanette, I shouted so loud when I saw the numbers on the scale, I think I scared a few people! There were two people touring the center and guess they are thinking of signing up. Hope I inspired instead scared them off!
Old 09-08-2009, 02:25 PM   #209  

S/C/G: 158/147/120

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori123321 View Post
woohoo! congrats Lori!! that surely is inspiring! So is there a special treat/ plan 2 celebrate ur victory? ( u deserve it!) u knw sometimes i think that not succumbing to temptations can be a greater achievement ( in the long haul) than actually losing weight - if it teaches you a thing or two abt will power! as for me - signing the 10 pound board looks so far away that i cant even imagine what 30 pound loss can be like!
enjoy ur success n wishing u more!
Old 09-08-2009, 04:28 PM   #210  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountain gal View Post
woohoo! congrats Lori!! that surely is inspiring! So is there a special treat/ plan 2 celebrate ur victory? ( u deserve it!) u knw sometimes i think that not succumbing to temptations can be a greater achievement ( in the long haul) than actually losing weight - if it teaches you a thing or two abt will power! as for me - signing the 10 pound board looks so far away that i cant even imagine what 30 pound loss can be like!
enjoy ur success n wishing u more!
Thank you. Did some shopping and indulged in a leopard print bra! I have never owned anything as outragous as that. FYI non of my bras fit anymore so I bought some plain ones for everyday use and then that one for fun! Had a pedi and hair done last week with a massage so it was kinda like celebrating beforehand.
Closed Thread