Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 03:47 PM   #391  

S/C/G: 229/see ticker/160

Height: 5'0"

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori123321 View Post
Wow, what exhaustion will do to you. I worked Mon, Tues, and Wed nights. Got off Wed. Took a friend to drop off car at garage and then to work. Preplanned but didn't realize that the garage was in a town about 30 min away. Then had to drive back to Colo Springs to drop him off at work. He was getting work done on his car while he was out of town. Thank goodness I didn't offer to take him to airport in Denver! Then youngest, who has been sick for a while with this cough, got worse. Had to take him to doctor. Then slept for 3 hours. Picked my oldest son up and he hung out with us for a while. I ordered pizza because I was just too tired to cook and was afraid I would burn the house down! I ended up eating 3 pieces of pizza. I was so worn out that I didn't realize I hadn't eaten all day! The pizza was ok, but so salty! Then Friday I spent from 8am to 6:30 pm driving around running errands. But got a lot done. Did much better with being on plan but still feel swollen with all the salt from pizza. And Friday morning, felt irritable and cranky. Definately not worth it!
Well, just about everything is ready for trip to Omaha. Even bought a bathing suit. Clearance for $9.99 still does not make up for that kind of torture! Leaving Thursday morning and can't wait. Get your waving arms ready ladies!
Lori --

Anything special going on in Omaha or just a bit of R&R? If I'm too nosey, just say so!

Don't know where you'll be staying, but if you're close to the Old Market section of town, you really should take that in. And of course, the Henry Doorly Zoo is always awesome!

Have fun!

-- JJ
Old 09-27-2009, 04:09 PM   #392  
Goddess in Training

S/C/G: 284/209/150

Height: 5'3

Default Thank you to all of you!!

Namaste, rip, lori, Karen, fifties lady and the rest of you.
I just wanted to thank you all for being an inspiration.
You guys are the reason I finally decided to join MRC. Besides the fact that I really need and want to lose this weight.

Today is my first day on the menu after my pre conditioning, so I need all the help I can get. I have been reading these posts for a couple of weeks now and they have brought me laughter and tears of joy with all of your successes.

I hope I have as much success as the rest of you!!

Thank you all again!!
Old 09-27-2009, 04:32 PM   #393  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

OK, THE SCALE HASN'T CHANGED FOR FIVE FRIGGIN DAYS!!!

Thank you, now I feel better...just had to yell! :-(
Old 09-27-2009, 04:34 PM   #394  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyb712 View Post
You guys are the reason I finally decided to join MRC. Besides the fact that I really need and want to lose this weight.

Today is my first day on the menu after my pre conditioning, so I need all the help I can get. I have been reading these posts for a couple of weeks now and they have brought me laughter and tears of joy with all of your successes.

Thank you all again!!
You bet Kathy. We all inspire each other. Good luck in your days, weeks and months ahead. Just remember, we are here for you...we are your support group. I couldn't have been motivated to join if it wasn't for all the wonderful ladies (and men) here. We are all awesome!!!
Old 09-27-2009, 06:02 PM   #395  
rip

S/C/G: 282

Height: 5 11

Fifties Lady,
Hang in there. It is just a plateau and could last up to 2 weeks. I know how discouraging it is (been there, done that) but it will come off. It could possibly be salt. I was so shocked after vacation when I gained 10 pounds. Got on the scale as soon as I got home. Two days later 8 of those pounds were gone. It was all that darn salt in the food.

I have noticed that I can eat the same thing and the plateaus are so erratic anywhere from 3 days to 1 1/2 weeks. Just keep a smile on your face and don't dwell on it. Sometimes I think we live by the scale, can't wait to weigh ourselves everyday. I try to put mine away during plateus and stay on plan.

Hang in there.

Kathyb712,
Welcome, glad to have you aboard. You are in this for yourself and we are all here to help. You are starting at about the same weight I did. Some things I learned at the beginning
1. Don't get depressed after that first 10, 20, 30, etc pounds if you are the only one that really notices
2. When people start commenting on your hair over and over and you haven't done a darn thing with it then you will know they are noticing something. If only a haircut was all it takes
3. The first few weeks for me were hard. Didn't know what to eat, obsessed, etc. Once I fell into a plan of what to eat and began preparing breakfast and lunch the day b4 it began to be routine.
4. If you lose 35 pounds and go to a wedding with your spouse, signifigent other or friends and they comment on how great they look and don't say anything about how awesome you look don't get down. Happened to me and it really made me fell like crap.

B4 you know it you will start feeling the changes.

Everyone has their own little tips that can be shared and numerous success stories.

Started MRC 5/9/09
Old 09-27-2009, 06:43 PM   #396  

Height: 5'9"

Quote:

Thank you all again!!
KathyB712 - You will find a great deal of information, advice and just a place to vent here! Welcome and good luck on your journey to a healthier and slimmer you!
Old 09-27-2009, 07:42 PM   #397  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phat not Fat View Post
Lori --

Anything special going on in Omaha or just a bit of R&R? If I'm too nosey, just say so!

Don't know where you'll be staying, but if you're close to the Old Market section of town, you really should take that in. And of course, the Henry Doorly Zoo is always awesome!

Have fun!
-- JJ
I am going to Omaha to visit with my best friend who moved back there to take care of her grandmother (she had a stroke and this was the only way she could stay out of a nursing home). My friend has had a really hard time of it and I am a little worried she is doing too much and not taking time to relax. So, I have some great relaxing things planned, like hanging out in the hot tub at hotel. Getting a massage, pedi/mani, going out to dinner and getting her out of the house. I think the rest of the family has dumped the whole thing on her and not helping. So, I am going to drag her out and see the sites there and do some theraputic friendship. The fun part will be that my guy friend is going with me and the three of us always have a great time when we are together. Picture him getting a pedicure!

Quote:

Thank you all again!!
Welcome Kathy! While our journey's are each unique, we have all had common struggles. So, join us with the laughs and tears. I am looking forward to hearing all your successes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifties Lady View Post
OK, THE SCALE HASN'T CHANGED FOR FIVE FRIGGIN DAYS!!!

Thank you, now I feel better...just had to yell! :-(
Shout away, Sugar Muffin! Frustrating little snot scale, kick it and throw it in the closet. Put it in time out until it starts working in your favor!

Last edited by Lori123321; 09-27-2009 at 07:45 PM.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:12 PM   #398  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:

Thank you all again!!
I'm so happy for you! Congratulations to you for starting on this wonderful path to finding yourself! You are going to do wonderfully!
Old 09-27-2009, 11:38 PM   #399  

To RIP and LORI...

What scale???? Have no idea what you are both talking about?????
Old 09-28-2009, 02:03 PM   #400  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Whew... you guys have been busy on this board and I've been busy at home so I'm trying to catch up with you all today :0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahruthie View Post
thanks guys, i appreciate all the warm wishes. i'll keep you updated!! no cheats yet, so that's nice, and i'm trying really hard to keep a level head for josh's sake.

karen, my boyfriend's dad is pretty ill (liver is failing--we're thinking cirrhosis, but we'll find out more today) and doesn't have health insurance, so it's a pretty trying time emotionally and financially right now. :S thanks for the encouragement!
Leahruthie,
I'm so sorry to hear that, I hope you find the answers you are looking for. Cirrhosis can be dealt with for quite a while as an outpatient with careful control of meds that can help get rid of the excess ammonia through the GI tract and close followup with GI for labs, scans etc. to monitor this. It all depends on the level of cirrhosis, the cause etc. Wishing you, Josh and FIL the best and still thinking of you :0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifties Lady View Post
i Just Want To Say All Of You Are The Greatest In The World!!!

I Am So Lucky To Have All Of You In My Life. And To Share All My Ups And Downs With!!! I Just Feel That I Have Known You All My Life. Someday We Are All Going To Have To Meet!!!!!

Here Is Wishing Everyone A Great Weekend No Matter What You Are Planning. Just Stay And Eat Healthy!!!

And You Leahruthie, An Extra Special Prayer For Josh, His Father Any You! Please Take Care Now.
FL, I feel just the same way, how blessed are we to have stumbled upon eachother here! I feel like I know each of you and you're like my internet sisters!! I look forward to hearing from all of you everyday, you make this diet do-able, without all of you I would feel so alone in all of this. It's so reassuring to know others have been through this and it can be done. There have been many before us, keepinon, Namaste, Shineon who were always here when I first started and were a great inspiration to me... I am so glad we can be that for others too!! Keep up the great work ladies :0)

OK, Here's my 2 cents about menus...
I am pretty consistent with meals and eat pretty much the same thing for B & L, and vary dinner....
B: 2 eggs, 1 pc of toast
or 2 eggs, 1 tortilla
or 2 oz hard cheese, 2 pieces melba toast
or MRB

L: Grilled CHicken (4 oz or 3 oz with 1 oz of cheese)
Salad with O&V dressing or 1/2 packet of some Light Italian dressing
1 orange/tangerine or strawberries or an apple

D: 4 oz of some protein
a piece of bread or a tortilla
4 oz of some kind of cooked vegetable

Since you like cottage cheese, why not try the cheesecake recipe or have cottage cheese for breakfast and try grilled chicken for lunch? I just make up a big salad on Sunday night with romaine lettuce (buy the pre-washed and cut stuff in organic section), diced tomatoes, cucumbers quartered and sliced, toss together and store in a freezer grade ziploc baggy, squeeze out as much air as possible and this prevents it from spoiling/turning too quickly... this usually lasts me at least 3 days unless we have it for dinner one night. I then make up the grilled chicken by buying chicken tenderloins or I'll slice the chkn brst into strips and cook in pan with olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, sea salt ... cook for a few minutes on each side then turn heat down low and put a lid on it allowing it to cook and tenderize a bit over a 5-10 minute period. Turn heat off and leave for a few minutes until cool. Ready to go! I will cut it up into chunks and put in a little tupperware bowl to take to work with my salad. I also sometimes cook up a batch of mushrooms and will take 3 oz of chicken, 1 oz of cheese and 4 oz or cooked mushrooms, Yummo!! Give it a try and see if ya like it!

Also, Welcome Kathy... We're glad you found us and wish you all the best in your new journey... stick with it, it really does work and we'll be cheering with you as you go!

Last edited by Karen1234; 09-28-2009 at 02:05 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 03:19 PM   #401  

S/C/G: 193/143/145

Height: 5' 5"

I've been away for a while. I had 22 family members in for the Husker game this weekend and it's been crazy. Now I'm back at it. I went in for my stabilization meeting today, but won't actually start on that menu until I hit my goal...so I have about 7 or 8 pounds to go!

I too want to thank all of you wonderful folks out here for your support.

Leahruthie - Sorry to hear about all of this! I will be thinking of you and the rest of your family! I live in NW Lincoln and think of you often..since I know that you're out in my neck of the woods, I wonder if I ever run into at the store and not know it!

Lori - I do hope you had a wonderful time in Omaha. It was a perfect fall weekend in Nebraska.

Fifties Lady - I'm cheering for you and I still can't find your name on the board...NO ONE gives me enough time to look! AHHHH! : )

Karen - I'm way behind on reading, but I do hope your weekend in your fancy dress went well and I hope you're thinking of putting pictures out there (if you haven't already).

I need a big push to get the rest of the weight off. I feel like I'm hovering right here and I need to keep movin.

Last edited by lookinfine09; 09-28-2009 at 03:43 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 03:39 PM   #402  
Goddess in Training

S/C/G: 284/209/150

Height: 5'3

Well I go for my first WI tomorrow. I didn't lose any pounds during pre-conditioning but I know for a fact I am losing the inches. I'm kind of excited to see what the scale says.
My husband came home from lunch today and said I was going to get skinny and leave him. First of all that is not going to happen and second of all I have a loooong way to go before I get skinny lol.

Thanks for welcoming me to the group and all of your words of encouragement!!
Old 09-29-2009, 12:39 AM   #403  
266/236/192

S/C/G: 266/236/192

Height: 5'10"

Default Back sort of just a quick pit stop:)

Hey Guys... sorry life has been a little crazy since the wedding. Work kind of blew up but things should be better after this week as I am cutting down to 4 days a week with Fridays off to spend more time with my daughter. Here is a link to pics as promised. I don't know if the Mods will leave it up or not. I still haven't gained anything not being OP. Trying my hardest to get back there. Looks like everyone is doing really well. I will try and get back and be here on a more reg basis maybe it will help me get back on track. Hugs to all.

http://www5.snapfish.com/thumbnailsh...NAME=snapfish/
Old 09-29-2009, 05:03 AM   #404  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristalin180 View Post
Hey Guys... sorry life has been a little crazy since the wedding. Work kind of blew up but things should be better after this week as I am cutting down to 4 days a week with Fridays off to spend more time with my daughter. Here is a link to pics as promised. I don't know if the Mods will leave it up or not. I still haven't gained anything not being OP. Trying my hardest to get back there. Looks like everyone is doing really well. I will try and get back and be here on a more reg basis maybe it will help me get back on track. Hugs to all.

You look so beautiful and so happy. Fav pic is the one where you were sticking your tongue out! So carefree and lighthearted. Loved the dress and hair, a perfect combination.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:45 PM   #405  
Teresa

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristalin180 View Post

You look gorgeous! I liked the picture of you sticking your tongue out too, but my favorite is the black and white of your little girl. I loved your veil, it was beautiful with your dress. Love the hair too. Are you going to keep it dark? It looks great on you.

Thanks for sharing pictures of your beautiful day. Hope your trip was wonderful as well.
Closed Thread