Quote:
Originally Posted by Smileydd View Post
I am so jealous of you!!! go girl go
who are you jealous of if i may ask?
Old 08-12-2009, 09:56 PM   #92  
joz

S/C/G: 250/225/140

Height: 5

Well I have fallen so far off the wagon I am not sure how to get back up. But I will say today, I wieghed in and gained 5 pounds! WOW what a wake up call. So starting tomorrow.....I am working hard again.

Jo
Old 08-12-2009, 10:19 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

noahsmama, you are melting away! Are you staying perfectly on plan, exercising alot, or both?

joz--what's stalling you? Are you tired of the food or just out of the routine? You're going to have to find your mojo again, girl. It isn't easy, I know.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:34 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

So when I went to my weigh-in this morning, I talked about my personal goal of being 150lbs. Since I had won an extra two weeks of the program I now have until November 2nd. This will give me the cushion I need to make my goal, but the counselor also encouraged me to consider getting down to 142 lbs.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to do this. It's just that thinking about this is putting a little extra pressure on me. On one hand, it would be helpful to stay fully engaged in losing weight near the winter holidays, on the other hand I don't want to set myself up for failure if this is not a good weight for me.

I guess I'll worry about getting to 150 lbs first.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:32 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 278/185/165

Height: 5'9"

Hey everyone! 'Haven't posted in a while, but I've been doing O.K. I'm feeling pretty tired (had a long day!), so I'm not going to "wax eloquent", just wanted to say "hey" to everyone! Have a peaceful night and an OP day!--JJ
Old 08-13-2009, 03:59 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Height: 5'2"

Hi all,
Stayed on plan and am recognizing my body's pattern. After working for a few nights, I gain water and go up a pound or two. Then I sleep like a mad woman and with in a day or two. I drop 3-5 pounds. Home scale dropped to 178. Of course that is not official but it is dang good! I must have been a site dancing in the buff around my room. Thank goodness only the cat saw, she already thinks I am nuts so no harm! Also NSV, put on my size 14 petites. Tight as all get out but wore them to store. Then had to change before going to my friend's house because I was just uncomfortable. By next week I hope to be able prance around in them without a problem.

Had a 3 hour conversation with guy friend, we worked some stuff out. He feels personally like he wants to be involved with my kids' lives but at the same time not comfortable with that. Told him that was not expected of him, he could be as involved as he is comfortable. I just want him to be my friend. He did finally say he loved me. I am being cautious and taking that as a friend. Can someone say lower expectations?
Old 08-13-2009, 04:01 AM   #97  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjackson106 View Post
Hey everyone! 'Haven't posted in a while, but I've been doing O.K. I'm feeling pretty tired (had a long day!), so I'm not going to "wax eloquent", just wanted to say "hey" to everyone! Have a peaceful night and an OP day!--JJ
Welcome back to us! Know that tired feeling well. By the way, your losses look great. Congradulations!
Old 08-13-2009, 04:27 AM   #98  

Quote:
Originally Posted by joz View Post
Well I have fallen so far off the wagon I am not sure how to get back up. But I will say today, I wieghed in and gained 5 pounds! WOW what a wake up call. So starting tomorrow.....I am working hard again.

Jo
Good for you, get back on the MRC wagon. We all need a wake up call and some kind of motivation. This diet gets old and sometimes you just want to eat normal! I have called this summer the summer of tears because it has been so hard. One struggle after another, but staying on the diet has kept me sane, believe it or not. It gave me something I could control and focus on, something positive and not self destructive. While I wish I had lost more pounds, I did lose and proud of that.
You are a beautiful powerful woman. This weight prevents you from living your life as wonderfully and fulfilling as you can. You are in charge of how well you do and can direct your success in any way you want. I am certain you will rise above this moment and demand your success.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:36 AM   #99  

Man, am I hogging the site or what? Just wanted to answer the question of the week. I am signed up until Dec 31st. I think as much effort as I am putting into this and as much as it would change my life, I would extend. This diet while strict, is doable (sp?) and is working for me. So, my goal is important enough to keep striving for and I will persist. Of course that is now, not 4 months from now. I might feel different then.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:42 AM   #100  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by little edie View Post
So when I went to my weigh-in this morning, I talked about my personal goal of being 150lbs. Since I had won an extra two weeks of the program I now have until November 2nd. This will give me the cushion I need to make my goal, but the counselor also encouraged me to consider getting down to 142 lbs.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to do this. It's just that thinking about this is putting a little extra pressure on me. On one hand, it would be helpful to stay fully engaged in losing weight near the winter holidays, on the other hand I don't want to set myself up for failure if this is not a good weight for me.

I guess I'll worry about getting to 150 lbs first.

Hi Edie,

Thanks for the compliments. I'm curious...how did you win an extra two weeks? Do you remember the contest back in May with the cooler full of stuff? Did I tell you that I won that? And yes, i'm 99.5% OP. The only exception being that I use some SF syrup on my french toast every morning (our center says it's a no-no but I've read other people on here use it).

The Tanita print-out says ideally I should be at 147 in the end, but I think I want to push that between 140-145. We'll see though.

Good to see you posting again!

Last edited by noahsmama; 08-14-2009 at 08:06 AM.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:16 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 239/239/140

Height: 5'7"

Default Have not posted in a while

but I read your posts twice a day for motivation. I silently cheer you on, and your messages, your victories and NSV continue to inspire me.

My personal life has been my priority lately...that, and remaining, however precariously, on program.

After a 40+ year search, I finally located and connected with members of my birth family. It has been and is an emotional time for me. While I am not thrilled with all the circumstances, I do not regret the search or the new connections I have made. But it has rocked my world 180 degrees.

And I have made the decision to move my office location after 17 years. As you might guess, I am now doubling my rent and overhead. In an uncertain economy. So I am in the middle of the physical stuff. Packing, moving, and that is stressful.

So with all this emotional stuff, my weight loss has slowed. I have been able to stay pretty much on program, but have not been drinking sufficient water. On one hand, it has been good to have a program that I could depend on to be the same, and I didn't have to put a lot of thought into. On the other hand, I have struggled with time, and taking shortcuts like eating meal replacement bars for one meal. I am on the 2-meal a day plan, so not sure if I am recieving adequate nutrition. I found I simply was too exhausted to fill out the meal plan sheets, so that has gone by the way-side. And I have not filled the center in on how stressed I am feeling. I have just rushed in, weighed, and left.

I am mentioning this as "accountability". I need and want to get back more completely on plan and be more mindful. I feel these sorta minor details have slowed my weight loss and maybe even thrown me out of ketosis on some days.

I have my new menu for below 200 pounds and will start that today, so I am excited. My home scale reads 197 in the am, before food and water, but by the time I get to the center to weigh in, it has crept back up to just barely over 200 pounds.

So thanks, you all, for keeping me grounded these past few weeks. I appreciate you all, and all the good wishes and acceptance present here in our "community".
Old 08-14-2009, 06:00 AM   #102  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyWallet View Post
but I read your posts twice a day for motivation. I silently cheer you on, and your messages, your victories and NSV continue to inspire me.

My personal life has been my priority lately...that, and remaining, however precariously, on program.

After a 40+ year search, I finally located and connected with members of my birth family. It has been and is an emotional time for me. While I am not thrilled with all the circumstances, I do not regret the search or the new connections I have made. But it has rocked my world 180 degrees.

And I have made the decision to move my office location after 17 years. As you might guess, I am now doubling my rent and overhead. In an uncertain economy. So I am in the middle of the physical stuff. Packing, moving, and that is stressful.

So with all this emotional stuff, my weight loss has slowed. I have been able to stay pretty much on program, but have not been drinking sufficient water. On one hand, it has been good to have a program that I could depend on to be the same, and I didn't have to put a lot of thought into. On the other hand, I have struggled with time, and taking shortcuts like eating meal replacement bars for one meal. I am on the 2-meal a day plan, so not sure if I am recieving adequate nutrition. I found I simply was too exhausted to fill out the meal plan sheets, so that has gone by the way-side. And I have not filled the center in on how stressed I am feeling. I have just rushed in, weighed, and left.

I am mentioning this as "accountability". I need and want to get back more completely on plan and be more mindful. I feel these sorta minor details have slowed my weight loss and maybe even thrown me out of ketosis on some days.

I have my new menu for below 200 pounds and will start that today, so I am excited. My home scale reads 197 in the am, before food and water, but by the time I get to the center to weigh in, it has crept back up to just barely over 200 pounds.

So thanks, you all, for keeping me grounded these past few weeks. I appreciate you all, and all the good wishes and acceptance present here in our "community".
Wow, you should pat yourself on the back. It is hard to stay OP on the best of days and you made it through the moving, the emotional upheaval and new relationships. big hugs to you
I raise my water bottle to your resilience and dedication to yourself. And congrats on the trip into onerland. Even if it is only on your home scale. Soon it will show on theirs as well.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:56 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 279.5/195.5/166

Height: 5' 11"

SkinnyWallet--
Pick one thing that you can immediately--for example drink water--and make that your priority for today. You can still slug down a lot of water! And then tomorrow, pick something that you don't want to do/have time to do and do it. Journal your food as you are eating it--I hate to do this, and have been known to fill out my sheet moments before weigh-in, but it is also a tool to reinforce the program.
Life catches each and everyone of us off guard, and we do the best we can. You have wonderful, exciting, positive experiences in store for you!

And now for a bit of personal horn tooting.... 3 pounds down since Tuesday! I am at 76 pounds lost; not only did I sign the 70 pound board on Tuesday, but I signed the 75 pound board today. The keys to my success--1. Light clothing-I have on a dress that weighs practically nothing. 2. Game face--I am really working on the 'head' part of this plan and staying focused. I am in control darn it! 3. Darn I don't have a 3rd other than I am going to be below 200 by this time next week!

Have a great weekend everyone!!!!

Last edited by msim; 08-14-2009 at 03:58 PM. Reason: spell
Old 08-14-2009, 04:44 PM   #104  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by msim View Post
SkinnyWallet--
Pick one thing that you can immediately--for example drink water--and make that your priority for today. You can still slug down a lot of water! And then tomorrow, pick something that you don't want to do/have time to do and do it. Journal your food as you are eating it--I hate to do this, and have been known to fill out my sheet moments before weigh-in, but it is also a tool to reinforce the program.
Life catches each and everyone of us off guard, and we do the best we can. You have wonderful, exciting, positive experiences in store for you!

And now for a bit of personal horn tooting.... 3 pounds down since Tuesday! I am at 76 pounds lost; not only did I sign the 70 pound board on Tuesday, but I signed the 75 pound board today. The keys to my success--1. Light clothing-I have on a dress that weighs practically nothing. 2. Game face--I am really working on the 'head' part of this plan and staying focused. I am in control darn it! 3. Darn I don't have a 3rd other than I am going to be below 200 by this time next week!

Have a great weekend everyone!!!!
Congrats to you!!! I wish I could drop the pounds like that!! Awesome job.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:00 PM   #105  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/196/155

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsmama View Post
Congrats to you!!! I wish I could drop the pounds like that!! Awesome job.
hah, me too! (congrats!!) i think i'm so antsy and excited to start seeing big results that i keep forgetting i haven't even been fully on plan for a week yet. :P everyone else's losses are just so inspiring!
Closed Thread