Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 11:02 AM   #346  
dla
Denise

S/C/G: 321/ticker/175

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleDiana View Post
If you are doing what you should, don't be depressed about this. I was on MRC five years ago and yesterday, when I rejoined, we looked at my old progress chart. A few times along the way, I was up 1-5 pounds on a weigh-in (and I did not cheat, ever!). I did lose it again so just keep at it. It is when we think we can "do this alone" that we have problems.

5 years after my almost 30 pound loss, I gained it plus 20. I'm gonna do it RIGHT this time!!!!
Welcome...I know you will succeed.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:08 PM   #347  
Janett41

S/C/G: 263/256/192

Height: 5'6"

Thanks, guys for the boost! It helps SOO much to know that some of you have been through these stupid plateaus before and come out better on the other side.. I really appreciate all the support..
Old 04-10-2009, 03:39 PM   #348  

S/C/G: 238.5/155.5/160

Height: 5'5"

Surprise for me today.....I hit my goal!! I had a 2.5 lb. loss again this week so that put me right at my goal My scale didn't show that this morning, but I'll take it anyway! It's hard to believe it's almost been 7 months since I started!

Welcome to all the newbies....keep posting! It inspires me to keep going when I hear all the excitement you all have when those big drops happen in the beginning!

For those of you struggling with plateaus.....keep on keepin on! We all hit them and they stink...but that's just part of the process. You'll keep losing if you stick with it through the hard times and stay on program! You can do it!!
Old 04-10-2009, 03:58 PM   #349  

S/C/G: 219/211/152

Height: 5 ft. 3 in.

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepinOnandOn View Post
Surprise for me today.....I hit my goal!! I had a 2.5 lb. loss again this week so that put me right at my goal My scale didn't show that this morning, but I'll take it anyway! It's hard to believe it's almost been 7 months since I started!

Welcome to all the newbies....keep posting! It inspires me to keep going when I hear all the excitement you all have when those big drops happen in the beginning!

For those of you struggling with plateaus.....keep on keepin on! We all hit them and they stink...but that's just part of the process. You'll keep losing if you stick with it through the hard times and stay on program! You can do it!!

CONGRATULATIONS! Way to go! Losing weight is soooo hard and you DID it! What an inspiration you are!! I love reading your posts, your support and encouragement! Keep up the great work! Blessings!!!!
Old 04-10-2009, 04:11 PM   #350  
cmb

Way to go Keepinon and on

You are such an inspiration. congratualtions!!
Old 04-10-2009, 04:27 PM   #351  

S/C/G: 198/195/170

Height: 6'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdy2Lose View Post
Congratulations on the good start!! Make sure to read the recipe thread to get some ideas to keep your menus from being boring.
Thank you!! Down 2.5 more this week! But I can definitely tell I've lost inches. Woohoo!
Old 04-10-2009, 05:41 PM   #352  
Cari

S/C/G: 304 / ticker / 180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:

Congrats to you!!! What a wonderful gift to yourself on a Friday!!!
Old 04-10-2009, 06:36 PM   #353  
dla
Denise

S/C/G: 321/ticker/175

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:

Congratulations!! You look fabulous!
Old 04-10-2009, 08:19 PM   #354  

S/C/G: 199/192.5/155

Height: 5'8''

thanks mel- i'll try the B. i cut back to 1 of each suppliment instead of 2 and the headaches have diminished somewhat...still trying to rock this diet- todays weigh in showed i'm down 11lbs...so exciting to finally be doing something positive about myself instead of waking up each morning and saying "todays the day..." and then going to bed saying to myself "there's always tomorrrow". and being pissed at myself in between. now i feel like In control. which feels great.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:28 PM   #355  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Smile PCOS and Metformin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford4life69 View Post
Why do they have you on diabetes meds for PCO? I was told that the only treatment for PCO is BC which is the reason I've been on NuvaRing for 5 years now.... Sorry if I'm asking too personal a question - just ignore me.
OK, Medical Person here, will answer this question:
PCOS begins with insulin resistence just like diabetes causing the cells in body to become more and more resistant to insulin in the blood. As they become more resistant, more insulin is released as a means to correct the problem only making it worse. Metformin reduces insulin resistence at the cells. It makes the cells very sensitive to insulin so as a result, taking this can help to reverse PCOS effects. Body begins to ovulate correctly which corrects the cycle. Other SE's improve as well including acne, hair growth etc. Hope this helps.
Old 04-11-2009, 08:22 AM   #356  

S/C/G: 206/See Ticker/145

Height: 5'2"

Quote:

Congratulations - that's FABULOUS!!! I just wanted to say that you are such a positive voice on this board and such an inspiration for those of us who are new! Thank you for all your encouragement and helpful advice!
Old 04-11-2009, 10:51 AM   #357  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Quote:

You are a continued source of inspiration!! CONGRATULATIONS!!
Old 04-11-2009, 12:01 PM   #358  
Tired & disgusted...

S/C/G: 280/279/180-160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen1234 View Post
OK, Medical Person here, will answer this question:
PCOS begins with insulin resistence just like diabetes causing the cells in body to become more and more resistant to insulin in the blood. As they become more resistant, more insulin is released as a means to correct the problem only making it worse. Metformin reduces insulin resistence at the cells. It makes the cells very sensitive to insulin so as a result, taking this can help to reverse PCOS effects. Body begins to ovulate correctly which corrects the cycle. Other SE's improve as well including acne, hair growth etc. Hope this helps.
Very much so. The dr that diagnosed me while I was having a miscarriage didn't give me much information - just put me on ovcon 35 which made me moody and nauseas all the time which also caused me to lose a lot of weight. I think I got down into the 180's then. When I got off the ovcon I gained all of it back and went 50 over my previous top weight of 214. *sigh* NEVER AGAIN!! The dr I went to when I moved said the diagnosis was incorrect but because I knew that BC didn't make me gain weight I got on it I went ahead and got on the Nuva Ring which stopped the gain etc etc bla bla bla. I didn't have any clue that it started with insulin resistance. My mom is diabetic and my dad is hypoglycemic so I'm screwed either way. *shrug*

Quote:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Like I said, I won't make my personal goal at the end of the period I've already paid for and have NO intention of paying for it any further. I might go ahead and do maintenance and stabilization when I get there just so I know how that works and if someday I decide to lose more then I've got all the tools and access to this site to do so at a later date. I will DEFINITELY have to take a break because I'll have been doing it for 6 months by then.

When do you start stabilization??
Old 04-11-2009, 02:20 PM   #359  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Quote:

Congratulations! I hope you are very proud of yourself - we're all so proud of you You give us all so much to look forward too. Thanks for sharing
Old 04-11-2009, 02:23 PM   #360  

S/C/G: 229.8/223/175

Quote:

WAHOOOOOO Congratulations!! What a way to end the week!! You are an inspiration!
Closed Thread