Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 12:33 PM   #436  

S/C/G: 266/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

For those who are at a plateau, listen to my news today!

Although I have had my little jelly bean and almond binges this past week but I really stepped up my workouts and tried to make up for the extra calories. I went in this morning for my WI and I have been stuck at 203 for almost 2 weeks. Today I was exactly the same...203. I wanted to cry. I kept thinking "yeah, I had an extra 800 calories over a few days, but I did a lot more exercising" She said "I know you just had a tanita done on the 6th, but lets do it again" Soooooo....she said "you have lost 5lbs of body fat since then, but gained 5.5 pound of muscle...in 11 days!" So here I was beating myself up, when I am actually still moving in the right direction, it just wasn't showing on the scales! I am so thrilled. She said for me to keep up the exercise and the more muscle I gain, the more fat it will burn. I will also say that I AM having a skinny day today and I have had 3 people comment on how great I look. I really needed that positive motivation!
Old 04-17-2009, 01:57 PM   #437  
Cari

S/C/G: 304 / ticker / 180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnieMcC View Post

Although I have had my little jelly bean and almond binges this past week but I really stepped up my workouts and tried to make up for the extra calories. I went in this morning for my WI and I have been stuck at 203 for almost 2 weeks. Today I was exactly the same...203. I wanted to cry. I kept thinking "yeah, I had an extra 800 calories over a few days, but I did a lot more exercising" She said "I know you just had a tanita done on the 6th, but lets do it again" Soooooo....she said "you have lost 5lbs of body fat since then, but gained 5.5 pound of muscle...in 11 days!" So here I was beating myself up, when I am actually still moving in the right direction, it just wasn't showing on the scales! I am so thrilled. She said for me to keep up the exercise and the more muscle I gain, the more fat it will burn. I will also say that I AM having a skinny day today and I have had 3 people comment on how great I look. I really needed that positive motivation!
CONGRATULATIONS Bonnie!! That is a great reading and great motivation. Keep it up!!
Old 04-17-2009, 02:28 PM   #438  
dla
Denise

S/C/G: 321/ticker/175

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:
Hi Ladies!
Let me tell you, I have had a rollercoaster of a week. On just about every diet I have been on I get to around 200 pounds and I give up...I start to cheat and sabatoge everything. I swore to myself that this time was different. When I got to 205 I knew I was so close to finally getting under 200. I started workign out a little more to try to move the scales, but then mid afternoon the HSN wasn't enough so I had a serving of salted almonds. I thought "no damage done" because I didn't gain anything, but then I had a WI and I didn't lose anything either. I continued to have those darn almonds everyday, had another WI and lost another 2lbs, so then what do I do? I eat THREE servings of almonds 2 days in a row. It honestly made me feel sick after eating them. I had another WI, lost NOTHING, so I said at my WI I am NOT going to stop at 200lbs like I have all the other times and gain it all back. That was 9am monday morning. 3pm on Monday I went back to those freaking almonds and then jelly beans...two large handfuls. Tuesday I had almonds and more jelly beans (two huge handfuls again) my stomach was cramping from the bad food. I called my bff (been friends since 4th grade) and we talked for over an hour about my weight, my healthy, my obsession, my addiction, and of course about almonds and jelly beans. She is a "tell it like it is" kind of person, but also knows how to make me laugh. She really opened my eyes to a lot of stuff. She knows this is where I always fail and she doesnt want to see it happen again...nor do I! i got off the phone feeling so motivated, like I did when I first started the program. I also watched the Biggest Loser on Tuesday night and there was so much emotion for me while watching this episode..probably more than any other epidsode I have ever seen. I was on my treadmill for an HOUR watching it and was really filled with emotion and inspiration. Since then I have been to the gym kickin butt everyday and hoping the cheats didn't cause too much damage when I weigh in in the morning. I soooo want to be in ONEderland!!!
The crazy thing about the almonds and jelly beans is that most people would think "ohhhh, a few handfuls of almonds or jelly beans isn't a bad cheat..why obsess about it" but for me it WAS huge. I have been faithful 100% like I had been with WW, Nutrisystem, Atkins, South Beach...you name it, Ive tried it...but the weight comes back on when I start with a small cheat, but the small cheats turn into BIG cheats...first its jelly beans, then its binge eating and McDonalds.
Bonnie....I TOTALLY understand. YOU ARE WORTH THIS AND YOU CAN DO THIS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireice13 View Post
I haven't cheated yet but I have really wanting to because I've been in a plateau for almost 2 weeks now. I'm hoping that's going to end soon because I won't have anymore stress after tomorrow for about 2 weeks and then finals hit but then I'm done so a lot less stress. Also I've been going to the bathroom a lot today without increasing water anymore than usual and that usually means I'm going to drop some weight. I WI tomorrow afternoon so we'll see. I'm really hoping to break this plateau because I need to the reassurance that this will work and it's my body being weird and not the program not working.
Just keep doing the program. Plateaus are SO frustrating, but the weight will start to come off again...just keep going!

Quote:
Originally Posted by janett41 View Post
Hi guys! Wish me luck! I am leaving to go for the weekend to Dallas to the Scarborough Renaissance Festival. They have turkey legs there, so that is my hope and I guess i will take a couple of HNS in my bag. I am really feeling fat these last couple of days. I haven't weighed since Monday, and i had lost 4 lbs, but you know how you have days where you feel it, and days where you just dont?? I am not discouraged, exactly, but, I don't know, I just am a little tired.. I will let you know how it goes..
You'll do GREAT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmickley View Post
Ok, well I feel like somewhat of an idiot. Went off plan a few weeks ago; posted that I was quitting MRC and it just wasn’t for me. Well, wanted to go back to calorie counting and just can’t seem to keep my eating under control now. I lost about 50lbs on my own before, but can’t seem to get back into it this time. The main gripe I had with MRC is the lack of flexibility. I sometimes feel that I need to grab a cheeseburger if I’m in a hurry and just count that into my daily calorie allowance. I could do it before, but it is really hard now. So I called my center last night and I am going back in today to weigh in and get back OP. Wish me luck!
Welcome back...
Old 04-17-2009, 02:31 PM   #439  
dla
Denise

Quote:

Bonnie...I am so EXCITED for you. I had been wondering where you went!!

You are SO CLOSE to being in ONEderland. I will probably cry for you when you post that you are!

You deserve your skinny day!
Old 04-17-2009, 02:34 PM   #440  
dla
Denise

I had a good week this week. I have been really struggling for the last couple of months and the scale hasn't moved much at all. Most of the problem has been my attitude, but for the last two weeks I have been really following the program. I was so excited yesterday, because I lost 3.5 pounds in the last week. I realize that it isn't such a big weekly loss, but it took me two months to lose the 3.5 before that. Finally my head is in the right place and I am moving forward.

Thanks to all of you for the encouragement. I need all the help that I can get.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:57 PM   #441  

[QUOTE=dla;2702664]Bonnie...I am so EXCITED for you. I had been wondering where you went!!

You are SO CLOSE to being in ONEderland. I will probably cry for you when you post that you are!
QUOTE]
You and I both maybe crying!
Thanks!
Old 04-17-2009, 03:19 PM   #442  
Tired & disgusted...

S/C/G: 280/279/180-160

Height: 5'6"

i think i only lost .5 to get under 200 and since i weigh daily at home it didn't really sink in. i was more affected by getting into my 16's again. i haven't been brave enough to try on the garage sale 14's yet but i was in my 16's before i broke 210. i don't know how much is between each size, guess it depends on where you lose it at but the day i hit 14 i will probably cry! I haven't been in 14's since like sophomore year of HS!!!!!
Old 04-17-2009, 05:58 PM   #443  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford4life69 View Post
i think i only lost .5 to get under 200 and since i weigh daily at home it didn't really sink in. i was more affected by getting into my 16's again. i haven't been brave enough to try on the garage sale 14's yet but i was in my 16's before i broke 210. i don't know how much is between each size, guess it depends on where you lose it at but the day i hit 14 i will probably cry! I haven't been in 14's since like sophomore year of HS!!!!!
I get what you are saying...my size 14 are my GOAL jeans for now. I can put them on and button them...my butt looks great, my thighs look good too, but its this big belly that just blobs over the top. I have been holding on these jeans for a few years waiting to wear them. I have NEVER been this close to wearing them. I wanted to wear them by my bday at the end of may, but now I am thinking I may wear them next weekend when going out with my cousins next weekend. They havent seen me since Thanksgiving at my highest weight..I hope they FREAK OUT! haha
Old 04-17-2009, 08:19 PM   #444  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Hi MRC family! I hope everyone is doing well! I've been in California; I went home for spring break with my son and got to see most of my family. We had a wonderful time! I've missed you all!!!! Here is a pic from Easter

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atta...8&d=1239810968

Last edited by namaste; 04-17-2009 at 08:24 PM.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:55 PM   #445  

S/C/G: 196.5/165.5/146

Height: 5'6''

Default hi everyone

Hi everyone! I've been lurking for a few days now while I was on journey of deciding whether or not to join MRC. I decided to join (after one of my friends lost about 90 lbs on the plan) and my first day was wednesday. I went to nutrition class today and got the yellow menu which i'll start on sunday. I've already lost 2 lbs on the pre conditioning menu which is 2 lbs more than i've lost in the last 3 months with just diet and exercise.

You all are so encouraging and helpful so of course I had join this community! Weightloss can be so hard and it's so nice to have poeple who are on this journey with me!

I'm ashley and I'm excited to get to know all of you and growing from your experience!
Old 04-18-2009, 12:15 AM   #446  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley460 View Post
Hi everyone! I've been lurking for a few days now while I was on journey of deciding whether or not to join MRC. I decided to join (after one of my friends lost about 90 lbs on the plan) and my first day was wednesday. I went to nutrition class today and got the yellow menu which i'll start on sunday. I've already lost 2 lbs on the pre conditioning menu which is 2 lbs more than i've lost in the last 3 months with just diet and exercise.

You all are so encouraging and helpful so of course I had join this community! Weightloss can be so hard and it's so nice to have poeple who are on this journey with me!

I'm ashley and I'm excited to get to know all of you and growing from your experience!
- Welcome Ashley! You'll get plenty of great info and support here. Good Luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
Hi MRC family! I hope everyone is doing well! I've been in California; I went home for spring break with my son and got to see most of my family. We had a wonderful time! I've missed you all!!!! Here is a pic from Easter

OMG - you look fantastic in your new Easter Pic! Just amazing - you need to look at that pic every day b/c I bet you don't even realize how good you look. So great - thanks for sharing!

Quote:
I get what you are saying...my size 14 are my GOAL jeans for now. I can put them on and button them...my butt looks great, my thighs look good too, but its this big belly that just blobs over the top. I have been holding on these jeans for a few years waiting to wear them. I have NEVER been this close to wearing them. I wanted to wear them by my bday at the end of may, but now I am thinking I may wear them next weekend when going out with my cousins next weekend. They havent seen me since Thanksgiving at my highest weight..I hope they FREAK OUT! haha
That is soooo exciting and and even more motivation to stick with it - next weekend is right around the corner and you'll be out and about in your fave dream jeans after all the hard work Then you'll have to set your eyes a new pair to work into !!
Old 04-18-2009, 12:39 AM   #447  

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/152

Height: 6'0"

I'm on the blue menu (day 1 blue/ day 5 overall - finally protein at lunch!) and I'm traveling for work. I was really nervous about being able to get food that's OP while on this trip. But I think I've been doing pretty darn good. One thing that's been really tough for me is getting enough raw veggies with my lunch. Like today, I had my ~4 oz chicken breast (though it had some BBQ sauce on it that came with it...I scaraped off as much as I could) but the only OP veggie available was shredded iceburg lettuce. I filled my plate with it (probably 2 cups worth) but there was no way I was getting to 8oz. That was probably only 2-3 oz. I called the center to ask if it's a problem that I can't get all my veggies in and her response was "yes...the program will not work if you don't get all your veggies in". That can't be true, can it? I'm following these menus to a "t" and doing what I can. I've been SOOO good at dinners, ordering off the restaurant menu and not being afraid to ask for exactly what I need. It's been so hard not drinking (this trip I'm on is known for great dinners and drinks following each tough day) but I've been good!

I have a very open personality and sometimes I share too much with people. Most of the people I work with feel like a 2nd family to me. So I don't hesitate telling them about this diet I'm on. However, I'm getting a lot of negative responses from them which makes me feel foolish. I know they look at me and see a skinny girl because I'm skinnier than them. But I want to lose weight because I've battled with my weight all my life and I want to finally win the battle. I've been as high as 210 and as low at 155. I don't want to deal with fluntuations anymore. But these people I work with (who are telling lots of other people about my diet...people that I work with but certainly don't have relationships with outside work...I don't like that because those people are REALLY judgemental) are being a bit negative. How do you deal with that?

I wish there was a scale in this hotel! I hate not know my progress. I'm looking forward to hitting the 15 lb loss mark (which as of Tuesday I was only 4 bs away from). If I lose weight this week while I'm away from home on a business trip, I'll be so happy. I usually GAIN 5-8 lbs on work trips!
Old 04-18-2009, 07:21 AM   #448  

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post

Love the new pic...you look FABULOUS!
Old 04-18-2009, 08:47 AM   #449  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 239.5/232.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Went to my center last night and talked to the counselor that signed me up. She was really encouraging and helpful. I am back OP today and feeling really excited and encouraged. When I weighed in last night I had not gained any!!!! The counselor said that I should have alot of weight come off really fast from sodium, water, etc. I am very excited and I am going to WI on Tuesday. She explained to me that you need to eat 9 perfect meals (3 days worth) in order to get back into chemical balance and fat burning, so I should be back on track by Tuesday morning. Good luck to all of you ladies.
Old 04-18-2009, 11:06 AM   #450  

Hi everyone, I am on day 2 of my pre conditioning & I feel like I can't do it for a whole week! I feel like I am not getting enough food. My couselor said to pick 1 food from each column. Yesterday I followed it to a t, but I was miserable. Can you have a salad with your meals? I don't want to fail at this. Did anyone else feel this bad in the beginning?
Also, why can't we have regular coffee?
Thanks for any help
Kathy
Closed Thread