Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 08:36 PM   #196  
Cari

S/C/G: 304 / ticker / 180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by janett41 View Post
I had a major test this weekend! I went down to my Mom and Dad's for the weekend. Now, my Mom is the Best cook ever and makes amazing pies. She was so great, though and only had food I could eat. It was difficult, but I stayed OP all weekend!!
Congrats Janett!! It can be so hard when you are not in your own environment but it sounds like you were a great success!!!
Old 03-29-2009, 09:00 PM   #197  

S/C/G: 229.8/223/175

This has been a real tough week. My daughter was here visiting and we ate out quite a few nights and even though I made good choices I fear it will not show on the scales when I weigh in tomorrow!

I have been reading through the posts and evryone is doing so well so Congrats to all of you for all your losses and NSV!!
Old 03-29-2009, 09:49 PM   #198  
Jamaica Bound

S/C/G: 213/173/150(170 by 6/18/09)

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by workin2lose View Post
This has been a real tough week. My daughter was here visiting and we ate out quite a few nights and even though I made good choices I fear it will not show on the scales when I weigh in tomorrow!

I have been reading through the posts and evryone is doing so well so Congrats to all of you for all your losses and NSV!!
remember workin2lose, you know you stayed on program, if by chance you don't see a loss you still made it through a difficult time and stayed on program. I know its very difficult to go out to eat and not order the things that you first see and think "oh that sounds so good". But you thought out rationally and hung in there! So good luck tomorrow on weigh in, but if you don't lose, you still did good by staying on program!!!
Old 03-29-2009, 10:43 PM   #199  

S/C/G: 180/160

Height: 5'7"

Shannon,
You are so right! I have had several occasions lately where eating out was necessary. It just makes it so hard to stay OP. But it definitely can be done. Although even with trying to stay OP, the food can be prepared in a manner that creates problems for you...doesn't make it easy on weigh in day. But I try to take the Fat & Carb Blockers prior to eating. So far, it has worked ok, but doesn't speed the weight loss.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:02 PM   #200  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Hey everyone!! Congrats on all the losses and welcome to the newbies.

I had a weekend long scrap book event and last week I was totally OFF program. I gained 5 lbs in one week (sound familiar??) and went into my weekend at 131 lbs! UGH! Raven...I'm back up there with you so don't look to me as your here! Just kidding, b/c I know we both CAN and WILL do this, but we obviously have some of the same issues in conforming to the rules and following directions and staying strong!!

Anyway..I changed my goal weight to 125 b/c I was just too obsessed and stressed over the 120 goal! I still REALLY want to get to 115. However, I was so stressed and sick over not being able to reach the 120 that I had to change it. I guess because I'm already in the healthy range for BMI and Total Body Fat they said I could change the 120 to 125 and still be good. That gives me 4 weeks to lose 6 pounds instead of 4 weeks to lose 11 lbs. However, I think I'll be down a pound tomorrow so it should be an even 10 in 4 weeks which is only 2.5 and I CAN DO IT! I even went to the gym at the hotel where our scrap book even was held and walked/ran for 27 minutes yesterday. I'm not as awesome as Gina or (oh, my gosh I can't remember your name..sorry) the other beautiful lady she's running with, but I'll get there someday.

I'm so stressed over work, life and my kids being sick that I'm relieved over the change in my goal weight and think taking that pressure off me will really help. They want me to start stabilization tomorrow and just stop messing around back and forth on green menu. However, I think I want to wait one more week. I want to be On Program for a full week again before I start stabilization.

Have a great week everyone and keep up the great work! Thanks for all the jello advice and for all the motivational posts here! You all are amazing!
Old 03-29-2009, 11:14 PM   #201  

S/C/G: 206/See Ticker/145

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dla View Post
I have found eggs and toast or cheese toast to be the easiest for me. There is also a really good cheesecake recipe in the cookbook (and I think on the recipe thread) that makes enough for four mornings. I have also made the turkey sausage into 1 oz. patties and that seems to work as well.

Good luck!
Thanks for the suggestion! I just found the cheesecake recipe and I think I will definitely try it. Cheesecake for breakfast just seems wrong though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmlmommy View Post
I do a french toast thing in the morning. I am on the beige menu so I can have 2 eggs. I whisk them up sprinkle in some ground cinnamon and 1 packet of splenda and then Nature's Own has a low-fat 40 calorie per slice wheat bread and I soak the bread on both sides for a few minutes to soak up the egg mixture and then I cook in frying pan slightly above med. It's not too bad. I also invested in the Walden Farms syrup and put a little bit of that on it. They syrup is sugar free, carb free, calorie free (but I could only find it online at Walden Farms website).
Ooh! This is a great suggestion since I love french toast. I usually eat it with just sprinkled powdered sugar, so I will have to try it with splenda. Thanks for the recipe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineOn View Post
You can get really creative with cottage cheese too. I will throw it in the blender with a chocolate pudding and decaf coffee granules for a creamy smoothie, mix it with Pineapple HNS for the sweet tooth. Another yummy comfort food is to microwave cheese until it's melted and scoop up with melba toast - tastes too good to be a diet!
These suggestions are great! I want to try the smoothie one soon since I already like chocolate/coffee type drinks.

My first week OP is going good so far. I planned my meals for the entire week and I think doing that each week will be helpful. I really want to try the broccoli cheese soup in the cookbook to take for lunch, but I can't have creamy HNS until later this week, so I plan to try that next week. I did make the ranch dressing recipe from cottage cheese today and that is amazing!

The only downside that I have going for me right now is that I feel really tired and want to nap. I'm not sure what is going on here, but I'm curious if anyone else encountered this at first.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:25 PM   #202  

S/C/G: 196.5/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Default MRC works wonders!

Hello, I am Shannon and I am new to this site. I am 32 yrs old and started the Meta-slim program on Jan 18th and I have lost 25.5 lbs so far. I am amazed at how easy it came off and how easy the program is. I have tried boot camp, curves, and others and MRC seems like it is the winner. My life has changed and mood has lifted so high. My hardest parts are plateaus. I get to a point where I feel so helpless and don't know what else to do. I just remind myself that it the weight didn't get put on over night and so it isn't going to come off over night. I am so glad that I found this site. Everyone is so nice and inspiring.

Hope everyone has a great day!

~Shannon
Old 03-30-2009, 01:03 AM   #203  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Welcome back Shannon & welcome to Shannon Rocki - it's good to hear you are back on the treadmill!! You inspired us to do this running thing in the first place!! KeepinOnandOn and I are adding 1 mile a week to our runs. I officially signed up for the half marathon today - it's on May 3rd, so just over a month away!! It still seems crazy to me that we are running this much and able to do it comfortably in our 40's!! Speaking of motivational people - where has Carrie from the West Coast been??? Hopefully, you are still lurking - you need to check in!!

Had a great dinner tonight - took left over chicken and cubed it up, sprinkled some garlic pepper, garlic sea salt, Mrs Dash Chiptole, chili powder & cumin and sauteed it with green peppers and green onion and a tsp of olive oil & butter flavored Pam. When it was heated I put one of the 50 cal tortilla's in the pan, sprayed a little more Pam on it - cooked it on both sides and folded over until cool. It was very mexican food tasting and hit the spot! Almost forgot I was eating chicken, let alone on a "diet".

Hope your Monday morning weigh in's go well!
Old 03-30-2009, 10:40 AM   #204  
Janett41

S/C/G: 263/256/192

Height: 5'6"

I had my very first measuring today and i lost 17 1/2 inches in two weeks! I am pretty excited about that. I don't have a center, so had a MRC alum do it for me.Yay!
Boy, some of those recipes posted (like the cheesecake) sound just decadent! I will have to try them..

Old 03-30-2009, 10:44 AM   #205  
Janett41

S/C/G: 263/256/192

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan76 View Post
Hello, I am Shannon and I am new to this site. I am 32 yrs old and started the Meta-slim program on Jan 18th and I have lost 25.5 lbs so far. I am amazed at how easy it came off and how easy the program is. I have tried boot camp, curves, and others and MRC seems like it is the winner. My life has changed and mood has lifted so high. My hardest parts are plateaus. I get to a point where I feel so helpless and don't know what else to do. I just remind myself that it the weight didn't get put on over night and so it isn't going to come off over night. I am so glad that I found this site. Everyone is so nice and inspiring.

~Shannon
Hi Shannon, I am new too, and the people on this site have REALLY inspired me. I don't have a center where i live and have to do it by phone, mail and email. It is like having a support group on here and to see what they have accomplished is what keeps me motivated!
Old 03-30-2009, 11:04 AM   #206  

S/C/G: 238.5/155.5/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by workin2lose View Post

Congrats on making the best choices for your situation! That's what a lifestyle change is all about! Even if it doesn't show on the scale this time from the sodium, etc., you'll see a drop soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocki View Post
Hey everyone!! Congrats on all the losses and welcome to the newbies.

I had a weekend long scrap book event and last week I was totally OFF program. I gained 5 lbs in one week (sound familiar??) and went into my weekend at 131 lbs! UGH! Raven...I'm back up there with you so don't look to me as your here! Just kidding, b/c I know we both CAN and WILL do this, but we obviously have some of the same issues in conforming to the rules and following directions and staying strong!!

Anyway..I changed my goal weight to 125 b/c I was just too obsessed and stressed over the 120 goal! I still REALLY want to get to 115. However, I was so stressed and sick over not being able to reach the 120 that I had to change it. I guess because I'm already in the healthy range for BMI and Total Body Fat they said I could change the 120 to 125 and still be good. That gives me 4 weeks to lose 6 pounds instead of 4 weeks to lose 11 lbs. However, I think I'll be down a pound tomorrow so it should be an even 10 in 4 weeks which is only 2.5 and I CAN DO IT! I even went to the gym at the hotel where our scrap book even was held and walked/ran for 27 minutes yesterday. I'm not as awesome as Gina or (oh, my gosh I can't remember your name..sorry) the other beautiful lady she's running with, but I'll get there someday.

I'm so stressed over work, life and my kids being sick that I'm relieved over the change in my goal weight and think taking that pressure off me will really help. They want me to start stabilization tomorrow and just stop messing around back and forth on green menu. However, I think I want to wait one more week. I want to be On Program for a full week again before I start stabilization.

Have a great week everyone and keep up the great work! Thanks for all the jello advice and for all the motivational posts here! You all are amazing!
Looks like we'll be starting stabilization the same time!! I officially start this Friday and I'm looking forward to the new food choices! I held them off for a week also because I wanted to get just a little closer to my goal weight first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara415 View Post
My first week OP is going good so far. I planned my meals for the entire week and I think doing that each week will be helpful. I really want to try the broccoli cheese soup in the cookbook to take for lunch, but I can't have creamy HNS until later this week, so I plan to try that next week. I did make the ranch dressing recipe from cottage cheese today and that is amazing!

The only downside that I have going for me right now is that I feel really tired and want to nap. I'm not sure what is going on here, but I'm curious if anyone else encountered this at first.
Congrats for making it a whole week on program!! I plan my meals for the week also. It helps me to think ahead and plan when I can have my bars or creamys, etc. I think the fatigue is not uncommon when you first start. I'm pretty sure I've read of other people here who had the same problem. Sorry, I didn't experience that so I can't help you there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan76 View Post

~Shannon
Hi Shannon!!! I'm in Papillion too! I go to the Bellevue center and usually weigh in on Friday mornings. You'll have to get your pic up so I'll recognize you if I see you Sounds like you're doing great with your loss so far. I know it seems like it takes forever, but if you just take one day at a time, you'll be there before you know it! The plateaus are the pits! I just went through one myself but then I dropped 3.5 lbs. the next week. Usually there is a nice drop at the end so there is something positive about them.

Quote:
I had my very first measuring today and i lost 17 1/2 inches in two weeks! I am pretty excited about that. I don't have a center, so had a MRC alum do it for me.Yay!
Boy, some of those recipes posted (like the cheesecake) sound just decadent! I will have to try them..

17.5" in 2 weeks is awesome!! Keep up the great work!
Old 03-30-2009, 01:38 PM   #207  

S/C/G: 258/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:

Great job!!!! I know it must have been a relief to see the inches melt away. way to go!
Old 03-30-2009, 01:46 PM   #208  

S/C/G: 249/249/180

Height: 5'6

I went totally off plan this weekend, we were in Seattle for a baseball tournament. I was planning for it and took my vanilla wafers, fruit for lunch and all my supplements. It lasted till Saturday noon, then the smell of hot dogs and the hamburgers got me hungry. I went for a little bag of popcorn instead of the hot dog. I know it is still off plan, but decided to have the sodium instead of the fat. Saturday night after 3 games, I was exhausted and hungry that we went out to eat and had an amazing tri-tip bar-b-que sandwich (no dessert) even though they looked amazing. Sunday morning I had a turkey omelette and couldn't control myself and had one pancake. I am back on plan as of this morning, but I will not dare to go to WI till Friday. I did great with my water intake, tho......
Old 03-30-2009, 03:46 PM   #209  

S/C/G: 234/seetracker/170

Height: 5'7

Meta Balance Menu???
Has anyone had any experiecne with this menu? I was struggling with the program and just not following it because of craving things that I consider healthy, such as low fat dairy, Milk, Fat Free Plain yoghurt etc.. But wasn't allowed to have on this program. The lady at my center gave me the Meta balance menu. I dont know what that is normally used for, but is similar to the green menu with the exception of having dairy 2 times a day. From what i can tell that is the biggest difference, and then it looks like you have your fruit with the HNS between meals if i remember correctly.. I don't have too much longer to go with my program or what i have on contract with them, so i need to get back on track ONCE AGAIN!! I don't know if i can do the green menu anymore and fully follow it like i should, so i'm wondering about this other one, but then don't want to be slowed down by that.. ahh i don't know what to do..
Old 03-30-2009, 04:20 PM   #210  

S/C/G: 198/195/170

Height: 6'1''

Default Today is the day!

I'm going to MRC at 5:30. Hopefully they don't try to sell me the world. I'm very excited. I only need to lose about 30lbs.....but I'm ready to get the ball rolling.
Closed Thread