Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 04:19 PM   #271  
Janett41

S/C/G: 263/256/192

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepinOnandOn View Post
I didn't start exercising regularly until December 1st. I had been on program for about 2 1/2 months and had already lost about 35 lbs. I started walking on my treadmill for 30 minutes 3 times per week. In January I started the Couch to 5K program. Now I am training with ShineOn for a 1/2 marathon on May 3rd. We ran 6 miles last Thursday and we'll be up to 7 miles this Friday. If someone had told me a year ago that I would be running a 1/2 marathon this May, I would have laughed in their face! I still can't believe it myself. Exercise definitely helps, but don't let it discourage you if you can't do much because of your back surgeries. Do you like to swim or do water aerobics? That's supposed to be low impact and really good for you. Walking is great too though and sometimes the most convenient.

Woohoo!!! I love your ticker!
Cake tastes good but, I have to say, fitting into a size 8 pair of jeans sure feels lots better!!

Thanks, Keepin! I love my ticker, too.. LOL

WOW I am SOO impressed!! I 1/2 marathon??? I just think that is awesome. I see these other women on here talking about running miles at at time and I am just like..never me... I can't run down the block right now.. That is just SOO cool!! I walk tons, and should do so a lot more. I ama really fast walker, too. I just cant do crunches or lift weights or run, probably ever I have a rods and screws in my back...

Man are you right about that cake.... I would be SOO mad at myself today if i had done that..
Old 04-06-2009, 05:38 PM   #272  

S/C/G: 221.5/see ticker/170

Height: 5'4"

Hi All.

So I need to get motivated. I had a really really really bad weekend. A lot of things going wrong in my personal life right now, to the point I am thinking of packing my things and leaving with my little one.

I fell completely off program this weekend, and now feel guilty for slipping so bad. I am up 1.5 pounds (by my scale) since my weigh in Friday in which I was FINALLY down to 205 and I bet I could have been down under 200 by next week. I don't know if it is the extra sodium or if I really gained or just b/c I haven't gotten in my water like I should have since everything hit the fan here Friday evening.

I am really sad and upset and over the weekend half the time I didn't feel like eating then when the hungar finally hit me I just went for what was there. I left my home over the weekend and bounced from friends house to friends house a bit too scared to go home. So I ate what was available which was definitely off program.

Today I didn't fare much better. I am going to give it my all tomorrow to get back on park. I think I am going to skip my WI tomorrow, eat right and go back on Friday to see the ultimate damage I have done.

Take care everyone.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:19 PM   #273  

S/C/G: 158/155/125

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by janett41 View Post
Rachel, i am new and have been on for 2 1/2 wks, and i am doing it without a center. My counselor is a sister to a girl in my office, and we do it through emails, phone, and mail. I am lucky, because she is just great and i talk to her in one form or another at least 2-3 times a week. My friend, her sister does my measuring. I SOO wish i had a center, though just to partake in the fellowship and classes.. Still, working just great for me so far. Down 11 lbs in 2 2/1 wks! I use this website almost every day as a support system and it is so great to have it here, and the ladies are really great!
Hi Janett. It is so good to hear from you. I am very glad that there are other members here who are doing this program remotely. I thought I was the only one, LOL. You know at first I thought I might miss seeing other member’s success from near, miss seeing them sign the boards, miss looking forward to sign my name on the boards. But then I thought this place could be all that for me. You know, I even thought of creating a banner to post here as our 10 pounds loss board, LOL, then I too could look forward to signing it, LOL. Anyhow, the most important thing is to become success. Right?
Thank you for encouraging me to join too. I have started precondition last Wednesday. I got my package just today and shall start the program this Wednesday. So far I have lost little over 1 pound. Yeah, another thing I shall miss is their scale, putting my weight down. Somehow I feel that number is more official then my own scale, LOL. Anyhow, great to meet you.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:08 PM   #274  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmlmommy View Post
Hi All.

So I need to get motivated. I had a really really really bad weekend. A lot of things going wrong in my personal life right now, to the point I am thinking of packing my things and leaving with my little one.

I fell completely off program this weekend, and now feel guilty for slipping so bad. I am up 1.5 pounds (by my scale) since my weigh in Friday in which I was FINALLY down to 205 and I bet I could have been down under 200 by next week. I don't know if it is the extra sodium or if I really gained or just b/c I haven't gotten in my water like I should have since everything hit the fan here Friday evening.

I am really sad and upset and over the weekend half the time I didn't feel like eating then when the hungar finally hit me I just went for what was there. I left my home over the weekend and bounced from friends house to friends house a bit too scared to go home. So I ate what was available which was definitely off program.

Today I didn't fare much better. I am going to give it my all tomorrow to get back on park. I think I am going to skip my WI tomorrow, eat right and go back on Friday to see the ultimate damage I have done.

Take care everyone.
I am so sorry that you are going through rough times. I hope that you would be able to resolve your difficulty soon, while still on the program.
If I may make a suggestion, do not skip your WI tomorrow. Go. You will get back on track sooner. My own experience has been that whenever I pushed something back, reasoning I could fix it on my own before I let anyone else know about, I was not as successful as when I faced my problem with my support system right at the moment when I felt I need to get back on track.
Good luck. I am sending you positive vibes.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:12 PM   #275  

Quote:
[COLOR="Indigo"][B]
For me, I need guidance, and accountability. Spending that amount of money, immediately made me accountable, and the guidance in not having to make hard decisions on what to eat,for me, is just what I need. I don't know about you, but I am eating healthier than I ever have in my whole life, as is my whole family..
Me too. I need guidance and structure. The more things are spelled out for me, the easier it gets for me, and the more successful I shall be, LOL.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:18 AM   #276  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer73 View Post
Hi all,
Well first, I wanted to say I am still here. I fell off on a depression wagon. I am having some personal problems with my daughter who will be 10 and all I can say is I am finally finding strength. I had a few alcoholic beverages and wah lah, stalled big time. But I am proud to say I am back on track 100% and even though I had a small stall, I fit into a new size of jeans! YES! So after 37 days I am down 15 lbs. My husband had to leave again, sigh, gotta love the military life--- or not Any way, I am here and appreciate all the support I can get ty all!

I'm a military spouse too - mine retired a couple years ago. Hang in there! It's a tough job, but it usually makes us a little tougher too. We tend to be able to really follow through where others run away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dla View Post
I have been completely back OP for an entire week now. I feel much more energized and have even started exercising again. Finally I feel like I have my head in the game again.

I decided earlier this week that I want to be at my goal by my 40th birthday in the first part of December. Should be more than doable, but at the rate I was going it wasn't going to happen.

I tried the "peanut butter cup" recipe last night...it was good for a change of pace. I also tried the MRC nachos. Thanks for posting those ideas ladies...that's why I love this site!
Yeah! Dla is back on. You can do this - I've been in your shoes and once I got my head back in the game, I was able to complete it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTeacher View Post
Hi all! I have been gone for a WHILE and BAD BAD BAD off plan! I gained back (alot) of what I lost and am starting over (well, almost) My new goal is to lose 73 lbs. I know how to do it, I just have to make up my mind to do it and not give up. I got too excited about the way I looked and the sizes I was buying and lost sight of the end goal. That's ok - because this time I know better and will be EXTRA careful when I start getting back to the "danger zone" of being close to goal. I do need support, though, and this forum is great for that! Just wanted to say a quick "hello" and let everyone know I was back
I'm so glad to see you back.

Quote:
I had a MAJOR test today. My whole family (12 of us) met at Brown County Cooking Buffet for lunch today to celebrate a couple of birthdays. (My oldest son's 20th and my sisters) They had all kinds of fried, yummy stuff. I had a salad and some boiled shrimp. I SOOOO wanted a piece of this almond cake that is my favorite, but i did not take a crumb, and I brought my own spritz salad dressing.. I am pretty proud of myself!
Now that is a major VICTORY!!! Great job!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheilall View Post
Thanks so much for the encouragement & advice!
I ended up waiting until after breakfast to go to Silver Dollar City, so I was able to eat on plan. Since it is about 2 hrs. away, we stopped at McDonald's for lunch & I told them I wanted "something with a grilled chicken breast". He said, "no problem, people order just a grilled chicken breast all the time here". Wow, I had no idea I could get that at McD's. I was really excited!
Then for dinner I found a "low carb chicken fajita" at Silver Dollar City.
There was a disaster, though....I attempted to discreetly pour my grape concentrate into my Dasani water bottle & it squirted all over the place & made a huge sticky mess! Everyone was staring & I was sooo embarassed! So I just got some wipes & did my best to clean up the mess & drink the small part of concentrate that actually made it into my water bottle!
Anyway....I'm proud of myself for doing so well & resisting the funnel cakes, dippin dots, etc. that the rest of my family was eating.
I just kept telling myself that it would be worth it when I lost weight & became healthier so I can do more things with my 11 yr. old daughter.
Oh, yes, & also thinking about them having to give me a seatbelt extender & how embarassing that is!
I don't know what I would do without this forum.....y'all keep me motivated. I think the Phenatrim must not be working for me because I am extremely hungry this afternoon!!!
Sheila
Sheila, I'm really impressed. You could have taken the easy way out, but instead, you made the best choices for the situation. You will really succeed with this program!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahobbs55 View Post
Congrats on making it through silver dollar city been there a bunch of times, I live in NW Ark and I know how wonderful all the food is there. An update on myself went to WI on Friday at the center where I swear all the girls are cranky. I hadn't even done the weigh in yet and the girl was already telling me how if wanted to lose more weight faster, I needed to drink more supplements a day at least try to do 3, I told her I couldnt afford it and that I was purchasing a elliptical this weekend to help with the weight loss.

By the way lost 2.5 pounds.

Did buy the elliptical and could only do 6 minutes. Plan on adding 2 min a day until I reach 30.

Just wanted to let everyone know.

Great job on the weight loss & I love my elliptical. I did just did as much as I could and then added a couple minutes each time. Pretty soon, I was up to 30 minutes. It's a great exercise for low impact too. BTW, there was a lot of chatter on "cranky consultants" Just know that this is your program - you are paying them to help you. If you don't like someone, just request to not see them. You have this power. I would also give the manager a heads up - I've had to do this in the past. A little uncomfortable, but really made a big difference. Not everyone is as motivated as we are on this board - I think that they forget and start to get worn down like the rest of us. They need to be reminded that their attitudes make a big difference in our journey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Want2LiveLife View Post
It has been some time since I have gotten on here and boy do I need your help. I have been stalling for the last month between 41-47 pounds lost. My goal is 51 and I just keep sabotaging my efforts. Has anyone encountered this issue? What can i do to get myself motivated again like before? I am so close to stabilization! Please help!!!
Wow - I went down this road twice. I really had to sit down and ask myself why - and it came down to self-sabatoge. I didn't feel like I deserved to succeed and I was afraid to succeed. There is a lot of safety in the constant monitoring and after losing this much weight, it's a little scary to think about having foods added back in. It will be ok. Just get your head on board and your body will follow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmlmommy View Post
Hi All.

Take care everyone.
I'm really worried about you. First and foremost, if you are in a dangerous situation at home, please don't go back until you can get things resolved. And don't avoid the center. I know that is our instinct, but that's what they are there for. It's actually more beneficial to go in while we are struggling than to wait. I know I learn more from my failures than my successes. I used to feel like I could only go in when I was gauranteed a success - not I run in when I'm struggling. They are there to give us a reality check and suggestions on how to overcome these situations. We're paying a lot of money for their help - let them do their job and be vulnerable with them.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:22 AM   #277  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

I just need to brag on KeepinOnandOn. We ran a 5k this weekend - her first, my second. I was having a bad run day - trouble getting my breathing under control. At the half way point, I started getting sick & encouraged her to run on without me - she was having such a great run and I was holding her back. When I turned her loose at the half way point, she surged ahead and finished strong with a 33 minute finish!!! Outstanding!!! My first 5k was just under 36 minutes and I finished this one in 36 min and 17 seconds even after walking .2 miles, so I did show imporvement too. I'm so impressed with how well she is doing with the running. She is an outstanding and motivational running partner. I feel blessed to have met her on this forum!! Great job!!

Last edited by ShineOn; 04-07-2009 at 12:23 AM.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:55 AM   #278  

Quote:
Hi! I am new too. I have been on the diet for 3 wks (one in pre-cond) and have lost 11 lbs...I too had just gotten sick of myself. I know that feeling. Once you get to that point, then you jsut have to decide, ok...I know that i have to do it, and more importantly, now I WANT to do it, but how??
I tell you , jsut from my own personal experience. I am 41 and have tried every diet known to man. I WISH I could just cut calories, or eat half portions. Lots of people told me to do that. Until I started this program, I have NEVER, EVER gone three weeks without not cheating, but also not WANTING to cheat!!!I think it is witchcraft or something/... LOL
For me, I need guidance, and accountability. Spending that amount of money, immediately made me accountable, and the guidance in not having to make hard decisions on what to eat,for me, is just what I need. I don't know about you, but I am eating healthier than I ever have in my whole life, as is my whole family..
I don't even have a center, do it over email, phone, mail. But this forum helps SOO much. In the end, you have to decide for yourself. Hang in there, sugar, you can do it.. I can do it,too!..
Thanks for the support honey!!!I totally agree. I need to hold myself accountable. I mean we make the choices to either stay on track or not. We decide what goes into our mouth. Its just that I'm making this so much harder than it actually is. I go college, I don't really have the time to prepare my meals so I just kind of eat on the go. But you know what I spent like 400 dollars for this. I'm gonna stick to this. Seriously ya'all starting tomorrow NO MORE CHEATING!!!!!!
***Cheers***
Old 04-07-2009, 09:19 AM   #279  
dla
Denise

S/C/G: 321/ticker/175

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepinOnandOn View Post
I didn't start exercising regularly until December 1st. I had been on program for about 2 1/2 months and had already lost about 35 lbs. I started walking on my treadmill for 30 minutes 3 times per week. In January I started the Couch to 5K program. Now I am training with ShineOn for a 1/2 marathon on May 3rd. We ran 6 miles last Thursday and we'll be up to 7 miles this Friday. If someone had told me a year ago that I would be running a 1/2 marathon this May, I would have laughed in their face! I still can't believe it myself. Exercise definitely helps, but don't let it discourage you if you can't do much because of your back surgeries. Do you like to swim or do water aerobics? That's supposed to be low impact and really good for you. Walking is great too though and sometimes the most convenient.
Are you and ShineOn doing the Lincoln half marathon? My goal is to do it next year.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:20 PM   #280  

S/C/G: 266/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Braggin rights...I have lost 65 inches so far (at 14 in the past month!) Oh yeah baby! Still not in Onederland...but getting closer!
Old 04-07-2009, 01:19 PM   #281  
Tired & disgusted...

S/C/G: 280/279/180-160

Well my last WI was 8 days ago. I kinda wanted to see if they'd call like they said they wld but they haven't. My BF's car decided to have issues and we spent several nights last week *my normal WI night included* tearing it apart to find a broken piston head *fun stuff!* The weekend went pretty well until Sunday night. I had to literally CHOKE DOWN my salad at lunch Sunday and cldn't even stomach the THOUGHT of another one for dinner. We do a LOT of eating out when I'm at his place because he's a typical living alone male and keeps NOTHING in his fridge and while we've known each other for years, we've only been dating since Jan and I don't wanna be that girl that just takes over his place. *sigh* So Sunday night we went to the only place that wasn't gerasy fast food that was open *italian* and I ordered and ate something with pasta in it. Then along comes Monday and I figured, **** I wasted 4 days last night, might as well make it 5 and remind myself of all the good stuff I will get to have again when this torture is over and had two brownies, a small Krackle bar and kept the rest on plan just not very in proportion. That's my first willful decision to say screw it since I started! Now I'm having trouble getting back on, not interested in going back to WI, I'm out of money and I might have 2 more days worth of HNS *at 2 per day* and I'm flat a$$ sick of what I'm eating. I don't want to deal with exercise beesh cuz I'm liable to tell her to screw herself if she opens her mouth but I don't want to be rude and just walk out if she gets my file or ask for another girl. *shrug*

So now I gotta figure out how to fix me.

Last edited by ford4life69; 04-07-2009 at 01:20 PM.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:13 PM   #282  
oreoparent

S/C/G: 269/ticker/150

[QUOTE=ford4life69;2660070]i'm trying to avoid knee surgery as long as possible by doing MRC. That's my entire motivation at this point. My knee keeps going out of place at will, the MRI I had done in 03 showed both lateral and medial meniscus was shredded but since the pieces weren't blocking my range of motion he said to leave it in as long as possible and hopefully i won't have to have a knee replacement by the time i'm 35. that doesn't sit too well with me, the do nothing until you have to attitude so i'm looking for another dr now that i'm more independent and the pain is getting worse.

i think the two that i realllllly like might have said something to the one i don't like because when i went in monday and signed the list she walked right past me w/o even speaking to me and the food lady *i'm assuming the manager?* came out of another room to get my file herself. neither of them are there on Mondays but they're both there on Thursdays so i'm thinking about changing the days i go in just to avoid that situation. my luck i'd pick more days they weren't there. *sigh*

i agree, the ones with bad attitudes need to GO![/QUO

Hey! Sorry you have problems with that person at your center.
Thought I would jump in and talk about knee surgery. I had been told my right meniscus had a tear. I could hardly walk. Before that I had been told I needed knee replacements and could not have them until I was 50 so when this new doctor said it was a meniscus, I thought, "Let's do the surgery!" When they got in the knee in surgery, they realized the meniscus was fine, but I had a piece of bone that had bruised and was "flapping" and causing pain. So my surgery ended up only being arthroscopic in nature. I needer no physical therapy and am recovering nicely. I go back to the doctor on Friday to find out when we can operate on the next knee. They say it is a meniscus and a pin-point fracture, but I guess what I have learned is they really do not know what is wrong until they get inside the knee. It might be possible that you might not have what they say you have. I have osteoarthritis. It will come back and we will go back in and scrape it out when needed, but the doctor believes I am far away from needing knee replacements. If I had waited until it got worse, the chances of knee replacement happening sooner would have been greater.
I will praying that you are able to stay OP and meet your goal. I am trying to do this to help increase my chances of good knee health in the future.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:43 PM   #283  

S/C/G: 229.8/223/175

Catching up on all the posts today. I have been working the past few days and 12 hr shifts do not leave much time to do anything else! It seems like everyone is having some great losses. A few are struggling.....hang in there it all pays off in the end! I found getting through the first few weeks very difficult but I did it because of all the money I spent.....no that I am seeing results I am thrilled and have not cheated since I began! This is a total first for one......my husband is amazed!

I have not gone in to get weighed yet this week, I usually go on Monday but could not motivate myself to do it....just tooooo tired from all the hours at work! SO.......I am celebrating my NSV.....I was able to buy my self 2 pairs of pants today and they are both size 16. When I sytarted this diet in Jan I was wearing a size 24!! I am so excited and pleased!!!
So this size change has brought up another problem ith my center.....these people can't even measure right.....according to them I have lost 12 inches.....I think I will do my own measurements form now on! I had to have lost more than 12 inches because none of my clothes fit me!

Hoping everyone is enjoying thier day! I sure am enjoying mine!
Old 04-07-2009, 04:01 PM   #284  
dla
Denise

S/C/G: 321/ticker/175

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnieMcC View Post
Braggin rights...I have lost 65 inches so far (at 14 in the past month!) Oh yeah baby! Still not in Onederland...but getting closer!
Congratulations...they did my measurements last week and I was at 67-1/2...It's amazing to me...I have almost lost as many inches as I am tall!!
Old 04-07-2009, 04:15 PM   #285  

S/C/G: 198/195/170

Height: 6'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by jek3fl View Post
I'm going to MRC at 5:30. Hopefully they don't try to sell me the world. I'm very excited. I only need to lose about 30lbs.....but I'm ready to get the ball rolling.
Just a follow-up. I lost 3.5lbs last week on pre-conditioning. I'm on the beige menu and so far so good. She said if I follow the plan I should lose quick since I'm a guy. Let's hope she is right!!!
Closed Thread