Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 02:24 PM   #361  

S/C/G: 229.8/223/175

Height: 5'8"

Have to celebrate today! I signed the 20 pound board!! Yeah!!! Finally!!
Old 04-11-2009, 02:39 PM   #362  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Made my goal!

Finally, Down 2 more lbs today at WI for a total of 22 lbs. Surprised me though, I expected no loss according to home scale. I've been getting on daily +++ (yeah, I know, a little obsessive and probably not a good idea) but every time I get on the scale it just does not budge... 229, 229, 229 .... ALL WEEK! My scale is about 1 lb less than MRC so according to this, I shouldn't have lost but when I went for WI this am, I was 228 .... GO FIGURE?!! I am delighted though, have no Idea how I lost 2 lbs from home to center but I'll take it. When I spoke to my consultant we discussed my "plateaus" and she noticed I often skip a fruit at lunch, occasional night carb, and frequently skip my veggie during lunch.... I think she has finally convinced me that more is better and that I have to eat it all to keep the metabolism going steadily... I think I've finally got it.... I guess I'll start taking the time again to prepare my lunches ahead so I stop skipping these little extras. One great benefit to this weight loss ofcourse is the clothing ... took my daughter to find an Easter dress and happened to find a cute skirt suit for myself ... grabbed an 18 and was shocked that it was way too big ... tried a 16 and it fit! I haven't worn a 16 in about 8 years.... It felt great! I really was trying to avoid buying clothes as long as possible but I just had to treat myself to this one. Hope you all have a wonderful Easter/Passover, enjoy your families!
Old 04-11-2009, 03:35 PM   #363  

S/C/G: 238.5/155.5/160

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for the congrats from all of you!! The support here is amazing!
Old 04-11-2009, 03:37 PM   #364  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen1234 View Post
Finally, Down 2 more lbs today at WI for a total of 22 lbs. Surprised me though, I expected no loss according to home scale. I've been getting on daily +++ (yeah, I know, a little obsessive and probably not a good idea) but every time I get on the scale it just does not budge... 229, 229, 229 .... ALL WEEK! My scale is about 1 lb less than MRC so according to this, I shouldn't have lost but when I went for WI this am, I was 228 .... GO FIGURE?!! I am delighted though, have no Idea how I lost 2 lbs from home to center but I'll take it. When I spoke to my consultant we discussed my "plateaus" and she noticed I often skip a fruit at lunch, occasional night carb, and frequently skip my veggie during lunch.... I think she has finally convinced me that more is better and that I have to eat it all to keep the metabolism going steadily... I think I've finally got it.... I guess I'll start taking the time again to prepare my lunches ahead so I stop skipping these little extras. One great benefit to this weight loss ofcourse is the clothing ... took my daughter to find an Easter dress and happened to find a cute skirt suit for myself ... grabbed an 18 and was shocked that it was way too big ... tried a 16 and it fit! I haven't worn a 16 in about 8 years.... It felt great! I really was trying to avoid buying clothes as long as possible but I just had to treat myself to this one. Hope you all have a wonderful Easter/Passover, enjoy your families!

Congrats to you!!! The unexpected losses are the best! The MRC scale is always nice to me too. Great NSV with the 16's too! I used to dread going shopping but now I like to go and see what size I can fit into that I haven't seen in about 15 years
Old 04-11-2009, 03:41 PM   #365  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford4life69 View Post
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Like I said, I won't make my personal goal at the end of the period I've already paid for and have NO intention of paying for it any further. I might go ahead and do maintenance and stabilization when I get there just so I know how that works and if someday I decide to lose more then I've got all the tools and access to this site to do so at a later date. I will DEFINITELY have to take a break because I'll have been doing it for 6 months by then.

When do you start stabilization??

I knew I wouldn't make my goal at the end of my contract either. If you are within about 15lbs though, they won't make you resign as long as your sticking to the program. I was still at about 174 when my contract ended and they let me continue without paying. I was so happy that I didn't have to resign. It really motivated me to keep going to the end. They start you on stabilization when you are about 6 lbs. away. I started on week 2 of stabilization today. I get fruit at breakfast 3 times per week....woohoo!
Old 04-11-2009, 04:46 PM   #366  
Learning from Mistakes!!

S/C/G: 213/194/135

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by workin2lose View Post
Good for you. That is a great feeling, you should be so proud!
Old 04-11-2009, 04:51 PM   #367  
Learning from Mistakes!!

S/C/G: 213/194/135

Height: 5.5

I WI on Thursday, lost 2 lbs. Yesterday I bought the kids Easter Candy for their baskets and dipped into it big time. Today I have eaten off program for both breakfast & lunch. I am coming on here before I screw up my whole day. I have contemplated on just screwing up for the whole weekend but my heart is telling no. This is why I have gained 15lbs back. I am going to get my sneakers on, fill up my water bottle and go walk for an hour. I am going to pull my outfit out of the closet that I would like to fit in by next friday. One of the girls told me to do that on Thursday but I have only pulled the shirt out so far. I'll check in later. Thanks for listening......
Old 04-11-2009, 04:51 PM   #368  
repeater

S/C/G: 213.7/212.4 /145

Height: 5"7

keepinon.....i'll say again..i am so impressed with your great amount of wt loss in a short time.....just for fun....tell me some of the exact things you did...what did you eat mainly? was it a variety?..some people fix enough chicken to last the week (example). okay, just give me a piece of your mind and the way you thought during this process. thanks
Old 04-11-2009, 07:17 PM   #369  

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/152

Height: 6'0"

First, the good news. I went on the pre-conditioning menu last Friday (a little over a week ago) and I weighed in before my class yesterday...down 10 lbs in one week! I'm scheduled to lose 30 lbs in 8-10 weeks but now I only have 20 to go so I think I'm going to be through this program faster than I thought (and hoped!).

As I mentioned, I went to my first class yesterday and got my first menu. I'm a little scared and intimidated. It doesn't seem like very much food at all (yellow menu). I start the menu Monday. I'm taking all the recommended pills and will be drinking 4 of the supplements. Will I be hungry? I'm so worried I'm going to be hungry.

Also, I'm traveling for work this coming Thursday-Monday. Lunch is going to be really difficult on Thursday as I'll be on Day 4 of Meta-Slim yellow menu. I have a 10:30 flight which lands around 11:30 am but I'm not the one in charge of the car so I go where others go. Any suggestions on what to do about lunch? Also, I'm looking for suggestions on ordering at restuarants on this program. I'll be eating at restaurants for 2 of my 3 meals each day. I'm really nervous but I'm so committed to get through this without falling off program. I haven't sneaked one single thing in that was off program for the last 8 days. If I can do it for 8 days I can do it for 70 days!

Last edited by lcmaly; 04-11-2009 at 07:18 PM.
Old 04-11-2009, 07:47 PM   #370  

Height: 5'9"

Default Just saying thanks

I have been on MRC diet for two months and have lost 27 pounds. This is my 3rd time on this diet...motivation got the best of me each time...This time it is different. I am FED UP with the weight gain over the past 8 years. I have watched this forum for the past two months watching and reading about all the success and great tips and recipes...THANK YOU ALL...I will keep watching and will check in on occasion. Having been on this program before I was not AT ALL concerned with my stalls...cheese...not eating my bread...I know it works I just have to stick with it...My weight loss has a patterned too...if I have a big loss one WI I will definitely have a low number the next, I expect this and have not beaten myself up...I just keep on going. Thanks to you all.
Old 04-11-2009, 07:54 PM   #371  
Makin' it happen

S/C/G: 199.8/199.8/130

Height: 5ft 2in

Hi everyone,
I just signed up for this group today. It is so nice to see so many people being so supportive of each other. I just started the yellow menu today and I am a bit concerned about Easter tomorrow. Does anyone have any tips for beating the holidays?

It seems like the next few days might be the worst the yellow menu seems like a huge cut from preconditioning. I am taking 4 supplement drinks and all the pills. Hoping the supplements will help to keep me full. Any tips anyone has would be great.

Thanks!
Old 04-11-2009, 08:09 PM   #372  
dla
Denise

S/C/G: 321/ticker/175

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:
Congratulations!! It always feels great to sign a board, doesn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen1234 View Post
Wow...an unexpected loss and an NSV all in the same day...I would be ecstatic!! You are doing fantastic...follow your counselors advice. You need all of the food on the program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 thinner me View Post
I WI on Thursday, lost 2 lbs. Yesterday I bought the kids Easter Candy for their baskets and dipped into it big time. Today I have eaten off program for both breakfast & lunch. I am coming on here before I screw up my whole day. I have contemplated on just screwing up for the whole weekend but my heart is telling no. This is why I have gained 15lbs back. I am going to get my sneakers on, fill up my water bottle and go walk for an hour. I am going to pull my outfit out of the closet that I would like to fit in by next friday. One of the girls told me to do that on Thursday but I have only pulled the shirt out so far. I'll check in later. Thanks for listening......
Make a u-turn and get started again...you can do this. Do not "screw up" the whole weekend. YOU are worth this and can do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcmaly View Post
First, the good news. I went on the pre-conditioning menu last Friday (a little over a week ago) and I weighed in before my class yesterday...down 10 lbs in one week! I'm scheduled to lose 30 lbs in 8-10 weeks but now I only have 20 to go so I think I'm going to be through this program faster than I thought (and hoped!).

As I mentioned, I went to my first class yesterday and got my first menu. I'm a little scared and intimidated. It doesn't seem like very much food at all (yellow menu). I start the menu Monday. I'm taking all the recommended pills and will be drinking 4 of the supplements. Will I be hungry? I'm so worried I'm going to be hungry.

Also, I'm traveling for work this coming Thursday-Monday. Lunch is going to be really difficult on Thursday as I'll be on Day 4 of Meta-Slim yellow menu. I have a 10:30 flight which lands around 11:30 am but I'm not the one in charge of the car so I go where others go. Any suggestions on what to do about lunch? Also, I'm looking for suggestions on ordering at restuarants on this program. I'll be eating at restaurants for 2 of my 3 meals each day. I'm really nervous but I'm so committed to get through this without falling off program. I haven't sneaked one single thing in that was off program for the last 8 days. If I can do it for 8 days I can do it for 70 days!
Traveling is tough. I eat out a lot and I try to order double vegetables and make sure that you are ordering everything without added seasonings/salt. There can be lots of hidden fats and oils in restaurant food. I have found a number of salads out there that are close to on plan if you don't have dressing with it. Just do what you can. Remember you still have to live your life and you can't beat yourself up. You'll be fine. The fact that you are trying to plan for it says a lot!
Old 04-11-2009, 08:50 PM   #373  

Quote:
Congrats on hitting 20 lbs!! You're doing awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 thinner me View Post
Don't throw away your whole weekend! You'll regret it later and you know you will feel that it wasn't worth it! If you get back on plan, you will feel a million times better getting into that outfit than having some candy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcmaly View Post

10 lbs in a week is awesome...especially for someone who doesn't have that much to lose!! The HNS will really help with the hunger. I'm hardly ever hungry on this diet but I never did the yellow and blue menus. You can have fiberfills also which really help with hunger too and they taste really good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWE140 View Post
I have been on MRC diet for two months and have lost 27 pounds. This is my 3rd time on this diet...motivation got the best of me each time...This time it is different. I am FED UP with the weight gain over the past 8 years. I have watched this forum for the past two months watching and reading about all the success and great tips and recipes...THANK YOU ALL...I will keep watching and will check in on occasion. Having been on this program before I was not AT ALL concerned with my stalls...cheese...not eating my bread...I know it works I just have to stick with it...My weight loss has a patterned too...if I have a big loss one WI I will definitely have a low number the next, I expect this and have not beaten myself up...I just keep on going. Thanks to you all.
Sounds like you're coming in with the right attitude this time! Welcome back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdie View Post
Hi everyone,
I just signed up for this group today. It is so nice to see so many people being so supportive of each other. I just started the yellow menu today and I am a bit concerned about Easter tomorrow. Does anyone have any tips for beating the holidays?

It seems like the next few days might be the worst the yellow menu seems like a huge cut from preconditioning. I am taking 4 supplement drinks and all the pills. Hoping the supplements will help to keep me full. Any tips anyone has would be great.

Thanks!
Welcome!!! Holidays are tough no matter what you do. I went through Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's & Valentines Day not to mention my birthday and anniversary while on this diet. I'm the type of person that can plan to treat myself on those days and get right back on. I didn't do that on every holiday (just Christmas, Thanksgiving & my anniversay) but I did allow myself to eat the things I was really craving on those days. Others can't cheat like that and get right back on without a struggle. If you don't think you can get back on, I would recommend doing all you can to stay on plan tomorrow especially since you just started. I've found that I still enjoy the holidays watching everyone else eat and staying on plan and just enjoying being together with friends and family. Looking back over the last 7 months, I don't feel like I missed out on anything. I still enjoyed Valentines Day, my birthday and my kids birthdays even though I didn't pig out. As a matter of fact, I would say that I enjoyed them more because I felt good about myself and the way I looked in my new clothes so I was content doing what I knew would keep me feeling that way. Hope that makes sense
Old 04-11-2009, 09:18 PM   #374  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmitche View Post
keepinon.....i'll say again..i am so impressed with your great amount of wt loss in a short time.....just for fun....tell me some of the exact things you did...what did you eat mainly? was it a variety?..some people fix enough chicken to last the week (example). okay, just give me a piece of your mind and the way you thought during this process. thanks
Thanks so much!! Unfortunately, I am a very picky eater so I only have a few things that I eat and I just rotate them. I only eat 4 veggies, green beans, broccoli, green onions and squash. I don't eat any raw veggies at all. I hesitated even trying the diet because I knew I would be very limited. I don't like fish or any seafood at all so I pretty much ate chicken all the time until I tried bison. Now I eat mostly bison with a little chicken thrown in occasionally. I also make Cheese & broccoli soup as often as possible for my lunch. It's my fav and there is no meat in it so it's fast and easy to make. The only fruits that I like on the list are strawberries, pineapple, apples and raspberries. I was never a big fruit eater before but I have really come to look forward to the strawberries and pineapple at lunch. To make prep quicker, I would buy the big packs of chicken breasts at Sam's and then freeze them in individual baggies with the marinade already in them. Then I would just take one out in the morning to grill for dinner that night. The bison lasts a long time in the fridge because it is vacuum sealed. You can keep it in the fridge for weeks at a time uncooked so it is very handy. Breakfast was a challenge for me in the beginning because I don't
like cottage cheese. I got very sick of eggs and had to choke them down most mornings. I like the pancake recipe (it's on the recipe thread) that doesn't take a supplement. It's quick and I can't tell that there's cottage cheese in it. I also would eat the breakfast pudding recipe with the blended cottage cheese in the cookbook and couldn't tell it had cottage cheese in it. I also always get in my 3 meal replacement bars a week so that I don't have to eat the same foods all the time. I actually look forward to the bars a lot and love the break from cooking!

I said in the beginning that I was willing to eat cardboard for 6 months if I could just lose this weight.....well, it wasn't that bad but it was challenging for me with the lack of variety. I guess I was just determined to do it this time, no matter what. The almost constant loss is so motivating that I didn't want to do anything to slow myself down. I wanted to get this overwith as soon as possible!

My friend, ShineOn, is much better about getting the variety of foods in. She's very creative with smoothies and stir frys, etc. I think she has some great recipes on the thread. She's lost 100 lbs. and really inspired me when I first joined in September.

Sorry I was long winded.....if you have any other questions, let me know
Old 04-11-2009, 09:46 PM   #375  

S/C/G: 188.5/ticker/145

I started the program 2 weeks ago today. I've lost 8 1/2 pounds so far but I'm in a plateau right now. I think it's because 1) I have a presentation and 3 tests next week and I'm really stressed. I haven't eaten any off program foods but I have eaten a little more than I should've. I ate 3/4 cup of blueberries at lunch instead of 1/2 cup. I'm just hoping that the plateau will go away at the end of the week when I'm a lot less stressed. My scale at home has tenths of a pound so I have lost a little every day like four tenths of a pound but nothing big. I'm just wondering if people see a big loss after a plateau or does it just go back to being fairly steady?
Closed Thread