Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2009, 11:44 AM   #301  
dla
Denise
 
dla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 388

S/C/G: 321/ticker/175

Height: 5'-10"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMe2009 View Post
Hi everyone!

I have been struggling for the last 9 days and I know it is entirely my own fault. I went off program for 2 days, ate whatever I wanted and drank some wine (a couple of glasses) and didn't take my supplements or any of my pills. I came home 5 lbs heavier but lost 3 lbs in 3 days. I have been totally on program for 9 days straight and lost the 5 lbs but nothing more. I am right where I was the day before my cheats.

My program expired on 4/2 and I was hoping to start stabilization since I am 6 lbs from my center goal weight. I had an awesome counselor today, she went and spoke to the manager and she agreed to let me have 2 more weeks to meet my goal so I need to lose 6 lbs in 2 weeks. Not that hard right???? Wrong!! I have been struggling to lose 2 lbs in 6 days! I am so sick sick sick of the food and I miss my cereal, my popcorn, my couple of pieces of chocolate. I have been doing this since January 8th....3 months of restrictive dieting! No caffeine, no sodium, lots of water....80 - 100 oz a day! What am I not doing? I am lucky they gave me 2 weeks, I should have met my goal by now! I work out when I can, I worked out both saturday and sunday, 1 hour each day at the gym. I can't work out more than that right now, I am working 2 jobs and work 12 hour days 4 days a week. The counselor suggested that I change up what I eat, try something new so I will do that but I am a very picky eater I tend to stick to what I like. I don't know what to do....I want to meet my goal of 6 lbs in 14 days but I know I need to do something to push it. Please help me with suggestions.....I am willing to do anything!!

Thank you for listening to me....I actually feel a little better after venting to you all. I am so close....

Take care all and I hope that you can inspire me with your words of wisdom!!

Mel
Hang in there...you can finish this up. Don't beat yourself up. You are doing what you can do. You'll be there in no time. Good luck with the Meta-Quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer73 View Post
My goal is to sign the 20lb board this week. I went in for weigh in yesterday and was down another 1.5 lbs. My counselor said you are only 1.5 lbs away, I said see ya Friday get the marker ready It is cold here right now, 20 degree drop so I plan on going walking when it gets back up in the 60s but the 50s is too cold for me. Checked the weather channel and tomorrow it should be in the 60s so I plan on walking 3 times a week
You'll get there. I hope the weather works out for you to go walking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 thinner me View Post
Hi Everyone. I am a repeat offender. I have gained 17lbs back. Long story short....I weighed 191.5 when I started and 145 at stabilization. I didn't follow stabilization properly, stopped going to the center and fell back in to my old habits. I wrote a little thread the other day about gaining the 15 lbs and going to lose it without the help from my center. Well, I have wisened up and today went to the center to resign. I feel like a big weight has been lifted. I know feel like this 15 lbs will come off and then some. I told the girls at my center that I have all the supplements & HSN, and I know the menus inside and out but I just couldn't get it together. For me it is seeing them, talking with them. I love the feeling of having my own personal cheerleaders. I will be weighing in on Thurs, I'll keep ya posted.
I'm in the same boat. I am almost positive that I know the menus better than almost all of the counselors at my center. I lack the motivation and need to be micro-managed. If left to my own devices I would make my own rules. Welcome back...it is good that you acknowledged that you need the help and the accountability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan76 View Post
So as you see above my goal for this week is 2 lbs. Today at WI, only one pound lost. That makes me with only one more pound til I get to sign the 30 pound board. It is exciting, but it does get a little frustrating when I go in and have only lost 1 pound... I am doing everything perfect!! Ugh. I just have to remember that losing a pound is better than gaining a pound every WI.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lose40in2 View Post
Hi everyone! So I go in tomorrow to get my WI and also to stock up on some of that liquid stuff HSN I think its called because I'm officially done with my pre-conditioning. But for some weird reason I feel kind of nervous. What if I gained weight ya'all??? Man I would feel mortified. I started at 196 lbs and hopefully by July I'll be down to about 160. I'll let ya'll know how it goes tomorrow....Wish me luck....Hopefully I haven't gained anything.... Well keep up the good work everyone. Ya'll are a truly inspiring group of people!!! Thanks for all your support.
*Love from a newbie from Oregon*
***Cheers****
You can do this...once you get the hang of it I think that it requires FAR LESS thinking about food than what you probably do right now. Your goal seems pretty reasonable. If you gained weight during pre-conditioning (which I doubt) just move forward. What's done is done. You'll be fine.
dla is offline  
Old 04-08-2009, 11:52 AM   #302  
dla
Denise
 
dla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 388

S/C/G: 321/ticker/175

Height: 5'-10"

Default

I have a question about exercise...

How much are you all exercising with this program? I know that the information says 30 minutes I believe 3 times per week. Is that what you are doing? Are you doing more or less?

I am trying to compare what I am doing with exercise to the people who are successful on this diet.

Thanks for any input you can give.
dla is offline  
Old 04-08-2009, 12:35 PM   #303  
Learning from Mistakes!!
 
1 thinner me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sunny, FLORIDA
Posts: 86

S/C/G: 213/194/135

Height: 5.5

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dla View Post
I have a question about exercise...

How much are you all exercising with this program? I know that the information says 30 minutes I believe 3 times per week. Is that what you are doing? Are you doing more or less?

I am trying to compare what I am doing with exercise to the people who are successful on this diet.

Thanks for any input you can give.

On my 1st time around I was trying to walk atleast 4 hours a week for 1 hour. I lost 46lbs from July-Oct. I started walking again last week. It seems like the more you do it you want to do it! Good Luck to you!
1 thinner me is offline  
Old 04-08-2009, 12:48 PM   #304  
Member
 
Tara415's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska
Posts: 35

S/C/G: 206/See Ticker/145

Height: 5'2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dla View Post
I have a question about exercise...

How much are you all exercising with this program? I know that the information says 30 minutes I believe 3 times per week. Is that what you are doing? Are you doing more or less?

I am trying to compare what I am doing with exercise to the people who are successful on this diet.

Thanks for any input you can give.
Thanks for asking this question because I am also curious to see what others have done for exercise that was successful for them.


The last time I weighed in was on Friday and I went to weigh in this morning. My weight is the same as it was on Friday although I have been completely on program. I realize that there will be plateaus during certain points in this journey, but I couldn't help feeling a little disappointed. Being new to the program, I really want to reach my first ten pound loss. Instead of dwelling on this, I decided to concentrate my focus towards goals that will help me work towards a healthier and more active lifestyle. One of those goals is to try two new recipes next week because I am already growing tired of eating chicken for many lunches and dinners. The other goal has to do with exercise and I am toying with the idea of starting the couch to 5k program next week. I'm starting to realize that a lot of the changes that I need to make are in my mindset and once I can get past that, I can do anything!
Tara415 is offline  
Old 04-08-2009, 01:26 PM   #305  
Tired & disgusted...
 
ford4life69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 172

S/C/G: 280/279/180-160

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMe2009 View Post
Hi everyone!

I have been struggling for the last 9 days and I know it is entirely my own fault. I went off program for 2 days, ate whatever I wanted and drank some wine (a couple of glasses) and didn't take my supplements or any of my pills. I came home 5 lbs heavier but lost 3 lbs in 3 days. I have been totally on program for 9 days straight and lost the 5 lbs but nothing more. I am right where I was the day before my cheats.

My program expired on 4/2 and I was hoping to start stabilization since I am 6 lbs from my center goal weight. I had an awesome counselor today, she went and spoke to the manager and she agreed to let me have 2 more weeks to meet my goal so I need to lose 6 lbs in 2 weeks. Not that hard right???? Wrong!! I have been struggling to lose 2 lbs in 6 days! I am so sick sick sick of the food and I miss my cereal, my popcorn, my couple of pieces of chocolate. I have been doing this since January 8th....3 months of restrictive dieting! No caffeine, no sodium, lots of water....80 - 100 oz a day! What am I not doing? I am lucky they gave me 2 weeks, I should have met my goal by now! I work out when I can, I worked out both saturday and sunday, 1 hour each day at the gym. I can't work out more than that right now, I am working 2 jobs and work 12 hour days 4 days a week. The counselor suggested that I change up what I eat, try something new so I will do that but I am a very picky eater I tend to stick to what I like. I don't know what to do....I want to meet my goal of 6 lbs in 14 days but I know I need to do something to push it. Please help me with suggestions.....I am willing to do anything!!

Thank you for listening to me....I actually feel a little better after venting to you all. I am so close....

Take care all and I hope that you can inspire me with your words of wisdom!!

Mel
I'm glad they're working with you. I know I won't meet my "goal" by the end of this paid period and I'm NOT going to renew either. I don't even care at this point. I can't afford it anymore. I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do about more HNS because I'm going to be out tmw. *sigh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 thinner me View Post
NewMe2009----Don't get frustrated. Take some deep breaths......okay, have you ever tried the Meta Quick shakes? You can have a meal replacement bar for breakfast, a shake for lunch, and an on program dinner. You are allowed to do this up to 7 days in 1 month. I have tried this in the past to kinda jump start & change things up a bit and it worked for me. I have never done it for 1 solid week but 3 days at a time. You could do 3 days this week and 3 next week. 7 shakes come in a package. Good Luck to you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMe2009 View Post
Hi 1 thinner me!

Thanks for your response....it feels good to know someone is reading your posts and wants to help! I have not tried the Meta Quick, they have never mentioned it to me. I have the bars and shakes, I do about 3 in a week, because of my work situation somedays I have to do the bars/shakes for my dinner meal but I only replace that one meal, not 2. I think I will try this today, I have not had my breakfast yet and I have a bar with me. Thank you so much for the suggestion!!

Congrats on your recommitment to a healthier and thinner you! You can probably do 15 lbs in a month! Keep us posted on your progress, come here often, reading everyones thoughts and suggestions and struggles helps me and I know it will help you! Take care!

I'm feeling better today! I saw on old friend yesterday who I had not seen in a couple of years....she said you look great, so thin, you haven't aged a bit! It felt really good, I needed that little boost!

Have a wonderful OP day and good luck on your WI this week!

Mel
They haven't ever mentioned that Metaquick to me either.

Aren't the shakes more expensive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dla View Post
I have a question about exercise...

How much are you all exercising with this program? I know that the information says 30 minutes I believe 3 times per week. Is that what you are doing? Are you doing more or less?

I am trying to compare what I am doing with exercise to the people who are successful on this diet.

Thanks for any input you can give.
I'm doing NONE! Well, none that they consider exercise at least. <EFG> I walk around an 80G sq ft warehouse moving stuff around all day, I just recently moved and am still lugging boxes of junk around DAILY, and then there's everything else I do. I think I've spent a total of 4 hours in front of the tv in the last WEEK and the rest of the time I wasn't sleeping I was up moving around doing stuff. I've got too much to do go walking and accomplishing NOTHING when I've got places to walk that accomplish necessary tasks. Like getting paid to work. *sigh* I'm just getting tired of getting that attitude of that's not good enough. I guess I'll have to make time to go in tmw and buy a box of bars and a box of drinks and hopefully avoid that witch. My scales at home say I haven't gained or lost so wish me luck my two days of saying screw it didn't screw me up too bad.
ford4life69 is offline  
Old 04-08-2009, 02:35 PM   #306  
dla
Denise
 
dla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 388

S/C/G: 321/ticker/175

Height: 5'-10"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara415 View Post
Thanks for asking this question because I am also curious to see what others have done for exercise that was successful for them.


The last time I weighed in was on Friday and I went to weigh in this morning. My weight is the same as it was on Friday although I have been completely on program. I realize that there will be plateaus during certain points in this journey, but I couldn't help feeling a little disappointed. Being new to the program, I really want to reach my first ten pound loss. Instead of dwelling on this, I decided to concentrate my focus towards goals that will help me work towards a healthier and more active lifestyle. One of those goals is to try two new recipes next week because I am already growing tired of eating chicken for many lunches and dinners. The other goal has to do with exercise and I am toying with the idea of starting the couch to 5k program next week. I'm starting to realize that a lot of the changes that I need to make are in my mindset and once I can get past that, I can do anything!
A lot of people plateau after a couple of weeks on program. Just keep doing what you are doing.

I'm thinking about starting the C25K next week as well. I started it back in January and then got pneumonia so I quit. I am actually jealous of the ladies that started when I did and are now doing a half marathon in a month!!

I agree that changing up the food is important. I do a lot better with more variety. There are tons of good recipes on the MRC recipe post. Let us know what you try and what you think of it. Have you tried buffalo yet? I find it to be one of my favorites.

Last edited by dla; 04-08-2009 at 02:36 PM.
dla is offline  
Old 04-08-2009, 03:31 PM   #307  
Junior Member
 
jordansmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 3

S/C/G: 219/211/152

Height: 5 ft. 3 in.

Default

Hi Ladies~

How inspirational you all are! Congrats on the super weight loss! I just started MRC on 3/31/09! Go to my cooking class on Friday! 4/10/09! I have been put on the All Day Weight Loss supplements! I was wondering if anyone ever experienced being lightheaded or dizzy when beginning this diet?? There are different times throughout the day I feel this way! I plan to ask about it Friday, but just wondering if anyone else had this issue!

I do take Metformin for PCOS and told the ladies at the center this, but am not diabetic or have high blood pressure! I am wondering if this medication is causing some side effects with the MRC supplements?????

Thanks! Keep up the great progress!
jordansmommy is offline  
Old 04-08-2009, 04:02 PM   #308  
Restarted WW 09/14/13
 
NewMe2009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: West Texas
Posts: 78

S/C/G: 193.2/see ticker/152

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dla View Post
Hang in there...you can finish this up. Don't beat yourself up. You are doing what you can do. You'll be there in no time. Good luck with the Meta-Quick.

Thank you Denise! I started the Meta-Quick today, I'll see what a difference it makes for my next WI. I am going to think positive! On the exercise question, the center says 30 minutes a day, 3 days a week. I don't exercise enough, I try to go to gym twice a week but seems like I only do it twice a month. I am going to get better about it this week since I am trying to finish up strong!


Quote:
Originally Posted by ford4life69 View Post
I'm glad they're working with you. I know I won't meet my "goal" by the end of this paid period and I'm NOT going to renew either. I don't even care at this point. I can't afford it anymore. I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do about more HNS because I'm going to be out tmw. *sigh*

They haven't ever mentioned that Metaquick to me either.

Aren't the shakes more expensive?
Hi Connie! Yes the shakes are more expensive, I think they are $21.50 for a box of 7. I like the chocolate, tried the vanilla and did not like it so much. I am doing the Meta-Quick right now, I just hope I don't get into too much trouble at next WI when they see my food sheet. I will just tell them I wanted to try something to shake things up, no harm no foul....

On the HNS situation, I did some reading on some previous posts and I am including some information that I found from a very wise women on these boards, Meemo. She made her own HNS....it's worth a try to save some money. Hope it helps you! Good luck Connie, don't give up, you have come this far, try sticking it out a little while longer friend.

Here is the info from Meemo:

"Crystal Light mixed with egg whites is a good substitute for the HNS, tho - takes about 1/2 cup of egg whites (I use the ones in the carton).

You can also add 1/2 cup of egg whites to an egg to make a nice big pile of scrambled eggs or an omelet (with 1 oz of cheese) for breakfast or lunch. The egg whites again sub for an HNS.

Egg whites - I don't use egg beaters - I use the plain egg whites - you can get pasteurized egg whites in a carton, usually right by the egg beaters.

It's also possible to make your own with crystal lite & plain unflavored whey protein powder. The taste isn't quite the same, but the protein content & calorie count is.

Last night in class it came up that one of the drinks is the equivalent of eating 2 eggs without the fat & cholesterol. So basically 2 egg whites. I'm out of the plain whey protein, I'm gonna go with using 1/2 cup egg whites (the pasteurized ones in the carton) mixed with some Crystal Light for my 3rd HNS of the day. Half a cup, according to the carton, is 60 calories & 12 grams protein. Same as an HNS. That'll stretch the HNS I bought last night - with the starter kit special, if I don't have as many cheats as I did last time I might be able to lose what I want to without having to buy any more HNS. And if I'm having scrambled eggs or an omelet for breakfast, I'll just add 1/2 c egg whites to the whole eggs & skip the drink. We'll see how it plays out. Worked for me before, tho."

Take care!
Mel
NewMe2009 is offline  
Old 04-08-2009, 04:06 PM   #309  
Tired & disgusted...
 
ford4life69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 172

S/C/G: 280/279/180-160

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordansmommy View Post
Hi Ladies~

How inspirational you all are! Congrats on the super weight loss! I just started MRC on 3/31/09! Go to my cooking class on Friday! 4/10/09! I have been put on the All Day Weight Loss supplements! I was wondering if anyone ever experienced being lightheaded or dizzy when beginning this diet?? There are different times throughout the day I feel this way! I plan to ask about it Friday, but just wondering if anyone else had this issue!

I do take Metformin for PCOS and told the ladies at the center this, but am not diabetic or have high blood pressure! I am wondering if this medication is causing some side effects with the MRC supplements?????

Thanks! Keep up the great progress!
Why do they have you on diabetes meds for PCO? I was told that the only treatment for PCO is BC which is the reason I've been on NuvaRing for 5 years now.... Sorry if I'm asking too personal a question - just ignore me.
ford4life69 is offline  
Old 04-08-2009, 04:22 PM   #310  
Tired & disgusted...
 
ford4life69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 172

S/C/G: 280/279/180-160

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMe2009 View Post
Thank you Denise! I started the Meta-Quick today, I'll see what a difference it makes for my next WI. I am going to think positive! On the exercise question, the center says 30 minutes a day, 3 days a week. I don't exercise enough, I try to go to gym twice a week but seems like I only do it twice a month. I am going to get better about it this week since I am trying to finish up strong!




Hi Connie! Yes the shakes are more expensive, I think they are $21.50 for a box of 7. I like the chocolate, tried the vanilla and did not like it so much. I am doing the Meta-Quick right now, I just hope I don't get into too much trouble at next WI when they see my food sheet. I will just tell them I wanted to try something to shake things up, no harm no foul....

On the HNS situation, I did some reading on some previous posts and I am including some information that I found from a very wise women on these boards, Meemo. She made her own HNS....it's worth a try to save some money. Hope it helps you! Good luck Connie, don't give up, you have come this far, try sticking it out a little while longer friend.

Here is the info from Meemo:

"Crystal Light mixed with egg whites is a good substitute for the HNS, tho - takes about 1/2 cup of egg whites (I use the ones in the carton).

You can also add 1/2 cup of egg whites to an egg to make a nice big pile of scrambled eggs or an omelet (with 1 oz of cheese) for breakfast or lunch. The egg whites again sub for an HNS.

Egg whites - I don't use egg beaters - I use the plain egg whites - you can get pasteurized egg whites in a carton, usually right by the egg beaters.

It's also possible to make your own with crystal lite & plain unflavored whey protein powder. The taste isn't quite the same, but the protein content & calorie count is.

Last night in class it came up that one of the drinks is the equivalent of eating 2 eggs without the fat & cholesterol. So basically 2 egg whites. I'm out of the plain whey protein, I'm gonna go with using 1/2 cup egg whites (the pasteurized ones in the carton) mixed with some Crystal Light for my 3rd HNS of the day. Half a cup, according to the carton, is 60 calories & 12 grams protein. Same as an HNS. That'll stretch the HNS I bought last night - with the starter kit special, if I don't have as many cheats as I did last time I might be able to lose what I want to without having to buy any more HNS. And if I'm having scrambled eggs or an omelet for breakfast, I'll just add 1/2 c egg whites to the whole eggs & skip the drink. We'll see how it plays out. Worked for me before, tho."

Take care!
Mel
i bought a 10 for $90 nearly five weeks ago telling them i'm doing 2 per day. i just don't know how to explain to them what i've been doing between now and when i can afford to buy some more.....
ford4life69 is offline  
Old 04-08-2009, 04:37 PM   #311  
Junior Member
 
nina333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: midwest
Posts: 19

S/C/G: 199/192.5/155

Height: 5'8''

Default

hi, this is my first post. i just start mrc a couple of around the end of march @ 198lbs and as of today on my home scale am down to 186, so yay me! however i have a question for you old timers...has any one experienced feeling wierd and cranky on the suppliments? i am taking all-day weigt loss and mrc-6. how do they make YOU feel? nina
nina333 is offline  
Old 04-08-2009, 05:03 PM   #312  
Restarted WW 09/14/13
 
NewMe2009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: West Texas
Posts: 78

S/C/G: 193.2/see ticker/152

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford4life69 View Post
i bought a 10 for $90 nearly five weeks ago telling them i'm doing 2 per day. i just don't know how to explain to them what i've been doing between now and when i can afford to buy some more.....
Connie, maybe you can just buy a couple of boxes. The center is still doing the 5 for $50 or 10 for $90, I just bought some on Tuesday, I think they are $11 for one box. I am going to try the extra egg whites in with my eggs for breakfast and cut out the morning HNS on the weekends.


Quote:
Originally Posted by nina333 View Post
hi, this is my first post. i just start mrc a couple of around the end of march @ 198lbs and as of today on my home scale am down to 186, so yay me! however i have a question for you old timers...has any one experienced feeling wierd and cranky on the suppliments? i am taking all-day weigt loss and mrc-6. how do they make YOU feel? nina
Hi Nina, welcome and sounds like you are off to a great start! I take both the all day weight loss and the MRC6, I haven't had any side effects from either one. When I first started on program I did have some dizziness and/or lightheadedness but I believe it is just from carb withdrawal. I know it gets better! I completely cut out caffeine and have been caffeine free for 3 months. My counselor suggested B12 for caffeine withdrawal and it seemed to help me, I still take one B12 a day and I have no headaches. I am amazed because I used to get headaches quite often. Good luck and keep posting!!

Take care!
Mel
NewMe2009 is offline  
Old 04-08-2009, 05:49 PM   #313  
Senior Member
 
KeepinOnandOn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Papillion, Nebraska
Posts: 282

S/C/G: 238.5/155.5/160

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara415 View Post
Thanks for asking this question because I am also curious to see what others have done for exercise that was successful for them.


The last time I weighed in was on Friday and I went to weigh in this morning. My weight is the same as it was on Friday although I have been completely on program. I realize that there will be plateaus during certain points in this journey, but I couldn't help feeling a little disappointed. Being new to the program, I really want to reach my first ten pound loss. Instead of dwelling on this, I decided to concentrate my focus towards goals that will help me work towards a healthier and more active lifestyle. One of those goals is to try two new recipes next week because I am already growing tired of eating chicken for many lunches and dinners. The other goal has to do with exercise and I am toying with the idea of starting the couch to 5k program next week. I'm starting to realize that a lot of the changes that I need to make are in my mindset and once I can get past that, I can do anything!
Don't be discouraged by the plateau (I know easier said than done :0) When I have hit them, I have a good loss afterward which usually makes up for it. Your body is just adjusting to the changes. You'll see a loss soon if you stick to it and stay on plan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordansmommy View Post
Hi Ladies~

How inspirational you all are! Congrats on the super weight loss! I just started MRC on 3/31/09! Go to my cooking class on Friday! 4/10/09! I have been put on the All Day Weight Loss supplements! I was wondering if anyone ever experienced being lightheaded or dizzy when beginning this diet?? There are different times throughout the day I feel this way! I plan to ask about it Friday, but just wondering if anyone else had this issue!

I do take Metformin for PCOS and told the ladies at the center this, but am not diabetic or have high blood pressure! I am wondering if this medication is causing some side effects with the MRC supplements?????

Thanks! Keep up the great progress!
I'm on metformin for pcos also. I've never taken the all day weight loss but I do take MRC6 and haven't had any problems. I know I have read a few other people ask about dizziness in the beginning since I've belonged to 3FC and I seem to remember that it goes away after about a week or so. It could be your blood sugar or insulin level that is being affected too. If it continues, I would ask your doctor and see if there is an interaction going on.

I was really discouraged about my weight before I joined MRC and kind of used my pcos as an excuse as to why I couldn't lose it. This diet is perfect for us who have it though. I have been very pleased with my results. Good luck to you!!
KeepinOnandOn is offline  
Old 04-08-2009, 05:53 PM   #314  
Senior Member
 
KeepinOnandOn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Papillion, Nebraska
Posts: 282

S/C/G: 238.5/155.5/160

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford4life69 View Post
Why do they have you on diabetes meds for PCO? I was told that the only treatment for PCO is BC which is the reason I've been on NuvaRing for 5 years now.... Sorry if I'm asking too personal a question - just ignore me.
A lot of people who have pcos have high insulin levels. I'm one of them and am also on metformin. I never knew that insulin was a hormone and hormones are what the pcos messes with. After I got on the meds (spironolactone also) I started having periods again and some of my other symptoms are under control too (heart palpitations, etc.). Hope that answers your question

Last edited by KeepinOnandOn; 04-09-2009 at 09:53 AM.
KeepinOnandOn is offline  
Old 04-08-2009, 11:20 PM   #315  
Junior Member
 
lose40in2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 6

Default

HI everyone!!! So I did my first weigh in today and unfortunately I gained a pound, *sigh. But the girl that was helping me was so sweet and told me to not worry about. i guess tomorrow is when the fun starts. I'm on the green menu. It says meta slim three meal plan. I mean it looks really doable but I think the hardest thing for me to do is to make sure I don't snack in between meals because your not allowed to do that with this meal plan. Is anyone else on this?? Does anyone have any advice on how to make this work as cheatless as possible??
Good luck to everyone. Thanks for being awesome individuals. *WE CAN DO IT!!!*
**Cheers**
lose40in2 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:16 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.