Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 09:42 PM   #436  
Christie

S/C/G: 197/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Rockijames: Just wanted to give you a bit of encouragement on the parties coming up. I just went on a cruise and I was so freaking nervous about messing up. I was very aware of all of my choices and I was so upset when I felt like there wasn't a good choice that I could make. Before I left, i talked to my counselor at the center and really all I could do was do my very best. But b/c I was so darn paranoid about it, I was even more likely to choose the best I could. I came back and went to wi and I lost 5 pounds!!! So just be aware. And I have a serious problem with stress eating, and I was with my in-laws (who were very stressful on this particular trip!!) and I still managed to lose. I know you can do this. If me and my addiction to sweets can survive five days, I know you can do this. We all believe in you...give youself a little credit and trust yourself!!!
Old 02-27-2008, 09:45 PM   #437  
Christie

S/C/G: 197/ticker/135

Just real quick, has anyone been able to figure out what the edamame might replace? starch or veggie? I wasn't sure b/c it's a bean...
Old 02-27-2008, 10:41 PM   #438  

S/C/G: 306/299/180

wow its amazing to read everyones posts!! im still trying to get to know all of you and i need to start posting more often. today was my third day following the plan. i did 4 days of preconditioning last week. this is really an easy diet to follow but i am wanting some good old comfort food. i know this plan is all about the science of the foods working together but i dont see how a little cheat every blue moon would affect you. i mean....if you are eating healthier than you used to the weight will come off right?
Old 02-27-2008, 10:42 PM   #439  

S/C/G: 306/299/180

oh ya ladies.....another question......im going on vacation in 1 1/2 weeks and ill be gone for 8 days......every single meal will be eaten out.....we have continental breakfast in the AM and then have to find our own lunch and dinner....we will be going to sea world and the zoo and just walking around downtown san antonio.....and suggestions for staying on plan? thanks
Old 02-27-2008, 11:03 PM   #440  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Red face I joined MRC today...

Hi, I'm Crystal! I'm new here and to the whole MRC thing. I'm 35, married, with 4 kids.

I already have a question tho...and you all seem so great and helpful!

They didn't really tell me what to eat during my preconditioning...pretty much just said to eat three meals and drink 64 ounces of water. I know there has to be more to it than that?

Also, I got the multivitamin, flax and MRC6. Is there a cheaper place to get them? I wanted the Enhancer, but it was $99!!!! Are they even necessary?

This sounds so wonderful. They claim I will lose 52 pounds by July 4! I can't wait! And, I feel so motivated already!!! 192 to 140 in only 17 weeks!!!??? OOOOH I hope so!
Old 02-27-2008, 11:41 PM   #441  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

readytobethin...Thanks SO much for your encouraging words. I KNOW I can do it too, I just hate passing up the food when we only get to go to this conference once a year and we're not sure about next year right now. I just have to remember it's just one night, 2 hours and it'll be over. As long as I mingle enough and aren't hungry while I'm there I should be good. Last year I waited too long and missed out on the desserts, so I'll try and do that tomorrow too.

Lizziewhan25..The more you cheat, the harder it is to get back on track. For me, just one small bite is enough temptation to go off program completely. Therefore, I just don't do it. It's easier to just eat what we're supposed to and stick to the program and think about the reward at the end..A healthier, happier, more confident, sexier you!

blueyedange...As for Pre-Conditioning, I had a menu..didn't they give you that? I had bread/fruit/protein for breakfast, bread/fruit/veggie/protein for lunch and dinner and no snacks in between. The menu told me what I could choice for all of those different types of food groups. Plus, getting the water in is VERY important. It helps you get used to it and we should always drink that much water no matter what (whether we're dieting or not). As for pills..It's up to you. Try it without them at first (that's what I did) and you may decide you don't need them. I went ahead and got the MRC6 and the Corti-Trim b/c I want to lose the belly fat and hard to reach other fatty bulging areas and that's what they said it would do!
I've been OP for 11 days now and they say I'm target to lose my 42lbs by my 14 weeks, so I know you can do it too.

Good luck to all the newbies!
Old 02-27-2008, 11:50 PM   #442  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Hello All,
I did a wi today....lost another 2#, just 2# from signing the 40 board. I really want to do that by Monday. For whoever asked about weight loss, they told me I have averaged 3.4 pounds a week since I started. I am currently 13#s from goal and this is day 80 (a little over 11 weeks).

I am thinking that I may change my goal tho....I think I might make it 155, so then I am 20# from goal. But I got 7 extra weeks so I think that I can do it. I have until the end of May to do it.

Last edited by jeweliek; 02-27-2008 at 11:52 PM.
Old 02-28-2008, 12:24 AM   #443  
Chillin' like a villian

S/C/G: 341/289.5/176

Height: 5'7"

Hey everybody! I've had a crazy busy couple of days at work but I have managed to stay completely on plan. Well... I did have A SINGLE TORTILLA CHIP DIPPED IN QUESO today. Literally a SINGLE chip. Never in my life have I had a single chip! But then I came home and got my chicken and veggies and an orange and chowed down.

I had to read 4 pages to get caught up with you guys so I'm way behind. I've seen a lot of great advice and support for everyone and it makes me even happier to have found this board. Everyone is just so wonderful. And I am so happy for all the losses that have been reported! Sounds like we are having a great start to the week and have gotten through "Hump Day" with some great success. Keep on trucking folks!

Liz - You KNOW you can call/text me when you're tempted. But I have to say that I've discovered the longer I have been able to fight those cravings for "comfort food", the less I've had the urges for them. Not only that, but I think my body is actually wanting more of the good stuff now. Try your hardest to stick to the plan on vacation. You might want to check out the fat/carb blocker before you go (I know I plan on getting it before Vegas) just as a back-up. Oh, and I'm a night owl so don't worry if you've got a late night craving and some support fighting it.

I go for WI tomorrow. I will have been on plan for 3 weeks (that's with the 8 days of preconditioning). I really hope I see a good loss but I'm not going to stress if I don't. I can FEEL the difference in my body and that's the most important part (thanks for that reminder Meemo)!

OH! I made the Yes! Mayo tonight for my tuna and it was pretty good. For those that have made it before... Was yours a little runny? Definitely not a mayo thickness but still good nonetheless. And it totally added the moisture/flavor that my tuna needed. I was quite satisfied with my quick dinner (had it with slice of toast and green beans).

Ok... Time for bed! What a LONG day!!! Good luck to everyone doing their weigh ins this week! Have a great rest of the week!
Old 02-28-2008, 03:25 AM   #444  
Super Maintainer

S/C/G: 357/197/maintaining

Height: 6'0"

Graduatethin~ FYI, LOL, I work the graveyard shift. This should explain my early AM posts

I just had to say a BIG CONGRATS to jeweliek and goal4life for your total weight losses
You guys are showing us all how to be successful by being great examples.

I have a confession to make. I haven't been completely on plan since I started over 8 months ago. I'm so ashamed of myself I probably could have been at my goal weight by now. I thought I was following the plan perfectly all this time. I actually found this out by reading your posts here. I just asked one the consultants about having cheese with dinner at my last WI. OMG, I've been having cheese with dinner. I really thought you couldn't have a 3 oz cheese meal for dinner, but it was OK to use cheese as a condiment in recipes for dinner. Most of my dinners have consisted of 4 oz of meat and 2 oz of cottage cheese. I've even had parmisan cheese encrusted tilapia (Yummy BTW). I feel like I've been living a lie and letting all of you down The bad thing is I don't want to change even though I know it's not on plan now. What should I do at this point in the game? I really don't want to give up my dinner cheese.

On a lighter note, I just signed the 130 pound board at my center

angierue~ I love reading your posts and blogs!!! Don't feel too bad about your SINGLE TORTILLA CHIP DIPPED IN QUESO. You are showing real inner strength by eating just one. I wouldn't recommend tempting fate too many times though.

Quote:
lizziewhan25 oh ya ladies.....another question......im going on vacation in 1 1/2 weeks and ill be gone for 8 days......every single meal will be eaten out.....we have continental breakfast in the AM and then have to find our own lunch and dinner....we will be going to sea world and the zoo and just walking around downtown san antonio.....and suggestions for staying on plan? thanks
Always PLAN, PLAN, PLAN Ahead. Make sure you have your vitamin supplements, HNS, Fruit or Bread (I like melba toast snack rounds), salad dressing, and a meal replacement bar just in case there isn't any other good food choices. Good Luck! (I know I'm not one of the "ladies", but I hope this helps)

Speaking of not one of the ladies; Hey Tim, howya doing? How bout those NY Giants? You seem to be off to a great start with your weight loss journey. Let me know if I can help you in any way.

losingweightnow~ Almost at the 70 lb mark is awesome!
Wow, you and I go all the way back to Take II. Can you beleive it? I'm so glad you still hang around here.

Newbies!!! Lizziewhan25 and blueyedangel

Last edited by nomoredonuts4me; 02-28-2008 at 05:54 AM.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:40 AM   #445  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Donuts...what did your counselor say about the cheese? I wouldn't worry about it at this point in your weightloss. It hasn't slowed you down by any means! I do use cheese as a condiment at times for dinner, and the 'mock' pizza recipe I posted, is one I do every other week or so when the rest of the family orders pizza delivery for dinner. I too, have had parmesean crusted tilapia for dinner. I would say, as long as you aren't getting your sole protein source from cheese at dinner, you are fine. Plus you are a guy, and your body may use it differently than some of us women. I wouldn't stress over it. If you want to slowly cut it out, maybe have cheese as a condiment/side every other day, instead of daily with your dinner.
AWESOME job on the 130 pound board! Keep it up, you are so on your way to goal, just 40 pounds left!

Last edited by Goal4Life; 02-28-2008 at 08:44 AM.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:06 AM   #446  
Chillin' like a villian

S/C/G: 341/289.5/176

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoredonuts4me View Post
I have a confession to make. I haven't been completely on plan since I started over 8 months ago. I'm so ashamed of myself I probably could have been at my goal weight by now. I thought I was following the plan perfectly all this time. I actually found this out by reading your posts here. I just asked one the consultants about having cheese with dinner at my last WI. OMG, I've been having cheese with dinner. ...

What should I do at this point in the game? I really don't want to give up my dinner cheese.

On a lighter note, I just signed the 130 pound board at my center

angierue~ I love reading your posts and blogs!!!
First off, like the PP, I wouldn't worry too much about the cheese. You have done WONDERFULLY with having it so I don't think it's effected your loss too greatly. Also, I asked my counselor about it just the other day because I find I have trouble estimating the difference between cooked and uncooked portions and end up with less than 6 oz after I'm done. I don't have time to cook more meat so I have added cheese to make it an even 6 oz. She said that as long I'm not having cheese any other time of the day (breakfast or lunch) that it should be okay.

Secondly, WOOFREAKINGHOO on the 130 lb board! That is just to awesome. I don't really "know" you but I am beyond proud of you! I hope to following in your rapidly shrinking footprints! (By the way... Have you noticed if your shoe size has changed? I've often wondered if losing the weight will let me were a smaller shoe size.)

Thirdly, thank you so much for the compliment. And I promise not to tempt fate too many times.

WI this morning folks. I was down .8 lbs at home this morning from my Monday WI so I'll probably see a flatline at the center today since I'm clothed and have eaten now. But that's ok. I'm fine with that because I KNOW it's working.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:47 AM   #447  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

I need to share with my online friends. I am nervous. I went to the Gyno yesterday for a exam because of my recent problems. I have had a growth in my uterus for a while, they are worried that it is larger. But basically they gave me a whole list of MAYBE's. YIKES. Don't they know they cannot do that to a chronic worrier!!!!

Anyway, it can be PCOS, or my Thyroid comming back into good zone, or my IUD could have perferated my uterus (they seem SUPER concerned with this), or the cysts (she said there are alot), the list goes on.....
she put me on the pill with my IUD, I go in for a ultrasound in a couple minutes, and follow up on Monday. She is most concerned with perferation and the growth growing!

So I get home from this and my sis calls to tell me my mom is in the emergency room with Chest pain. They were running all kinds of tests, so now I just have to wait until someone calls me today. I am just SOOOOO stressed out!

Thank you for listening. I haven't told my sisters about anything going on with me because of the mom stuff. I work from home in a place I moved to just a bit ago so I really don't have many friends to chat with. I just needed to tell someone so I feel better!
Old 02-28-2008, 11:59 AM   #448  
Bringin' Sexy Back

Jewelie..don't get to stressed out, take a breather when you can, maybe a pedicure, manicure, or just a stroll down your street, something just for you. Give the dr's a chance to run their tests on you, and figuare out exactly what is wrong before you stress and worry. I have learned that the more I worry, the more I hurt myself. Once you get your diagnosis, deal with it the best you can, to keep yourself healthy. As for your mom, I know that has to be stressful on you too. I hope it is minor. After your mom is recovering and better, maybe you should talk to your sisters about your health. It always helps to have someone close to you, to help you go through trying times.
I too work from home, in a fairly new town, so I understand about having a hard time with friends. I'm here for ya! You will make it through this
Old 02-28-2008, 12:02 PM   #449  

S/C/G: 242.5/233/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweliek View Post
I need to share with my online friends. !
Jeweliek! My goodness - when it rains it pours. I will say a little prayer for you! Try to think positive although I know it can be difficult. Sometimes we wonder just how much we can take!
Old 02-28-2008, 12:02 PM   #450  
Bringin' Sexy Back

I wi'd in today...am down another pound!
I signed myself up at the gym for a spin class, starting tomorrow. But, I am doing this 'blindly', off of someone's recommendation, so what exactly is a spin class? I know I know, I should have asked at the time, but was kinda embarrassed to ask her. LOL, Ah well, it can only make me better and healthier right? I am ready to get out of the 210's (teens), so maybe this will boost me past 210 right to 209 by my next wi!

Last edited by Goal4Life; 02-28-2008 at 12:05 PM.
Closed Thread