Old 12-11-2007, 02:50 PM   #511  
Amy

S/C/G: 248/177/160

Height: 5'6"

alexiah - I lost during preconditioning as well - not sure of the exact amount, but it was between 5 and 10 pounds. Since I started in May I have lost 64 pounds and 78 3/4 inches. I started in a TIGHT 22 and now I am in a 14. I probably could have lost more, but I have induldged in a drink every now & then, or snacks... I am happy with what I have lost so far, and I am on my way to losing the last 35 - 40 pounds. I have started excersing - walking and some light weights.

As long as you follow the plan then you will continue to lose. Some losses will be more than others, and sometimes your body wants to fight the plan, but you will learn to work through that. Listen to your body, and listen to the people at your center. This is a life changing plan - literally. You can do this!!!
losingweightnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 03:07 PM   #512  

S/C/G: 232.6/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone!

Geez - I just can't seem to get on here enough to catch up with everyone's awesome progress and wins!!!

Just a quick comment....Harry & David just got delivered to the office. And my most favorite - the little chocolate covered cherry things and blueberries, are in there.

I am DEFINITELY not going to have one, but that is really the first tempting thing I've seen and actually had a hard time turning away since being on plan.

Anyway - the plan works, and I keep seeing those numbers drop at the scale - Hallelujah!!!

Rae
Raemi13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 03:28 PM   #513  
DIANA-Start Date 03/08/08

S/C/G: 243/206/180

Height: 5'4

Ok ladies so i have been reading all the prior posts and i need to know about taking the supplements ...i take my flax ,mrc6 and my multi all together am i not supposed to do it like that? I have read conflicting answers to this ? does anyone know if their is a wrong way to take them?
alexiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 03:30 PM   #514  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 312.0/ticker/212.0

Height: 6'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiah View Post
Ok ladies so i have been reading all the prior posts and i need to know about taking the supplements ...i take my flax ,mrc6 and my multi all together am i not supposed to do it like that? I have read conflicting answers to this ? does anyone know if their is a wrong way to take them?
MRC-6 is supposed to be taken up to 30 minutes before your meal. All the others that I take, I take them all together.
steph0320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 03:52 PM   #515  
DIANA-Start Date 03/08/08

S/C/G: 243/206/180

Height: 5'4

Well i just finished lunch and i have a horrible headache i do not drink caffine so i dont think i am having a withdraw ...does anyone know if it is ok to take tylenol or motrin with the supplements? Also i forgot to ask you all are we able to have salt at all on plan?
alexiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 03:53 PM   #516  

S/C/G: 205/153/155

Height: 5'7"

I braved the storm- yea right, we could have gone to school, not that I am complaining.... and wi---I LOST 4 LBS AND SIGNED THE 30 POUND BOARD!! WHOO HOO! I AM THERE WITH YOU NAMASTE AND GOAL4LIFE!!

Hvnlymsic-- I have done this one other time, so I kind of know what to expect. I have taken my mother many times, so I know the routine. I will be glad when I can eat. I went and bought some popsicles and jello-sugar free of course and I will be starting my prep before too long and that will keep me busy- lol. The people at the center said that some Dr. have ok'd the HNS as a clear liquid, not my Dr. So, I will do what they say- it is only for a couple of days.
graduatethin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 03:59 PM   #517  

S/C/G: 205/153/155

alexiah: I have taken tylenol and motrin- haven't heard that you shouldn't. I also quit using table salt, but I do use a little sea salt- I was a huge salter, so the sea salt helps me. It has half the sodium of regular salt they say, but I don't really know.
graduatethin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 04:03 PM   #518  

Default sodium

I always find the salt thing interesting .... when I was buying salt and checked between the sea salt and the regular morton's salt, they had the same sodium content -- so I don't know what their rationale is for that. I find the Mrs. Dash table blend to be very satisfying, I do use some Spike too (has a tiny bit of sodium) from time-to-time.

I think sometimes the consultants just repeat what they've been told without investigating .... but inquiring minds want to know ..........
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 04:03 PM   #519  

S/C/G: 258/Tracker/135

WOW, it took me five days to catch up on all the reading. You all are doing so great!

Last week was a killer for me. It started with a bad food choice that gave me horrible indigestion for three days which made me not want to eat anything other then bread and milk. Let me tell you DO NOT MAKE THAT MISTAKE! Because of that I was so constipated that nothing was moving. It was so bad that the councilor recommended that I think back on what I used to eat that I would have to immediately run to the bathroom. So I left MRC on Friday and went to McDonalds. Within 30 minutes I was on my way back to being normal. I went off plan for one meal each day and I found I was actually having difficulty choosing bad food. I realized I did not want it and it was not all that it was cracked up to be. Monday morning I woke up feeling back to normal and ready to continue my weight loss journey. I can not believe how helpless and hopeless I felt during that week. I was so embarrassed over the way I was acting after not veering off plan for over 60 days that I could not even bring myself to read this board. I felt guilty and lost. I now have two very good days under my belt and I am not going to look back. I will learn from that week, but other than that I am giving myself a really big erase, erase. Now I need to lose the 2.5 that I gained and finally get to sign that 30 pound board.

I don’t know why I turned my back on you all? After reading through all the posts, I realized that if I had continued to read and post, it would not have gotten so far out f control. I will remember that next time!

Last edited by 4my2ltl1s; 12-11-2007 at 04:04 PM.
4my2ltl1s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 04:05 PM   #520  

Default pregnant and program?

Does anyone know if they offer this program to pregnant women? My dil was asking about it -- she has been impressed with my progress in such a short time.
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 04:17 PM   #521  

Regarding the salt discussion - I always thought the sea salt/morton's salt had something to do with it being iodized. I could be totally off on that, but I heard that somewhere.
Old 12-11-2007, 04:33 PM   #522  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raemi13 View Post
Regarding the salt discussion - I always thought the sea salt/morton's salt had something to do with it being iodized. I could be totally off on that, but I heard that somewhere.
I think you are right. I do use sea salt sparingly, but I try to stick to the Mrs. Dash blends.
Goal4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 04:35 PM   #523  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmd27 View Post
Does anyone know if they offer this program to pregnant women? My dil was asking about it -- she has been impressed with my progress in such a short time.
I don't think so, unless it was Dr authorized and for a very good reason. I would say she should start the program once she gives birth, and Dr ok's weightloss (if she doesn't plan to breast feed).
Goal4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 04:44 PM   #524  
On her way

S/C/G: 296/ticker/178

So, today, even though I am feeling crummy, I decided to go WI on my way to get some yummy peppermint tea. I went in. I have lost 3 more pounds!!! They did my measurements and I am down 15.5 inches!!! YEY! Seeing it on that string makes it so much more real, then looking at it on the scale. 15 pounds seems like a blimp on the radar since I have SO much to lose, but seeing that string made me so happy!!! I just had to share the news! My goal, is by the end of next week to hit that 20 pound board!
Lilyannas Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 05:01 PM   #525  

Way to Go LillyannasMom!!! Yea - I got my first string last week, and boy does that help to visually see what's gone! Woohoo!!!

Sorry you are feeling crummy - but I bet you're glad you went into your center anyway!

Nice job!