Old 12-06-2007, 03:39 PM   #361  
texdoc2001

S/C/G: 207/207/150

Height: 5'2"

MEFIRST: Girl, I'm right there with you with panting at the 20lb board. It's close enough to taste (so to speak). Here's a huge sprinkling of for you.

CHRISTY: Those caffeine withdrawls are from **** . But they do pass. You won't believe how much easier next week is. I, too, was a caffeine junkie, starting my day with 2 diet cokes, moving on to Starbucks and often ending the day with a cup o' java. But, truly, I don't miss it. And have more energy than ever before. And sleep like I haven't slept in years. It's sooooo worth it.
texdoc2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 03:44 PM   #362  

S/C/G: 205/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Goal4Life: We did have the same thing!! That is so funny - it is really good! I warmed up another breast for lunch today. It was better when it was fresh, but still delicious. I think that is my new favorite. Now, I just need a favorite way to get that fish in-- I need to go back to some of the old threads and find those fish recipes. I have really been slacking on the fish!

Welcome ChristyBeano1! We are always glad to have newbies join us. You will find this to be a great source of support! Drink, Drink, Drink your water- that supposedly helps with the caffeine withdrawals...... It will get better!
graduatethin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 04:14 PM   #363  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRISTYBEAN01 View Post
Hi All. I am sooooo glad to find this site. I have just started my pre conditioning with MRC. I have been reading thru the posts on this site, and your sucesses are really motivating and helpful! I hope to met some new friends on my venture to finally dropping the pounds! I go in Friday for my class and to get my protein drinks and what not. I hope they help with curbing my appetite a little! I am a caffeine freak right now and really have the withdraws. I am down to just a small cup of coffee in the morning and a good dose of advil in the afternoon! Anyway, thanks for all the posts gals, and I will keep you posted on my progress!
Welcome Christy!
LOTS of water - that will help with your caffeine withdrawal.
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 05:11 PM   #364  
DIANA-Start Date 03/08/08

S/C/G: 243/206/180

Height: 5'4

Hi ladies well i start my pre conditioning menu tom i am excited !! I had a question about the menu , in some colums the same food is repeated does this mean i can have it twice if i choose? A;so where do you all buy the flax if you do not buy from mrc? Any helpful hints or advice for me i can use all i can get..lol
alexiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 05:21 PM   #365  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by me first this time View Post
Well I weighed in on Monday and lost .5 lbs and today another .5 lbs. For a total of 19 lbs. I'm working hard to get on that 20 lb. board and I've hit a plateu I guess. The counselor told me to switch up my menu some that my bodies getting used to what i'm eating. I eat alot of turkey and chicken, so I need to get my 2 days a week in of beef or pork. She mentioned giving me another menu for a few days to get through plateus, she said if I don't come out of it by next WI she'll give me the menu. I'm still losing-just slower than I was and that's a bummer!
Hi Cindy - I've noticed a slow down too lately and am suspecting the creamies. I know 1/day is OP, but I'm going to see if sticking with the clear HNSs will speed things back up for me. I noticed last night that the chocoloate crisps have like 10 grams of sugar in them! I know they have protein too, but I'm suspecting they are the culprit since things slowed down when I started including them in my diet. Anyway, just figured I'd share what I'm trying out, maybe it would help you too. I've also heard that cutting back on cheese can help too, if you're eating it. Personally, I'm keeping the cheese for now and just cutting out the creamies. Good luck to you!
Moliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 05:46 PM   #366  

S/C/G: 232.6/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Hello everyone!

I haven't been on this week yet...been pretty busy at work.

Anyway - I'm having a problem right now.

I am having a chocolate craving. I've had it for about 4 hours now. I have drank more water, drank my minerals, chewed some minty gum, drank a diet root beer. Nothing is helping it go away.

This is the first real craving since I've been on this plan for the last month. I am not planning on digging into that blasted candy bowl.....but Dang it! I hate this feeling.

Any thoughts??

Thanks!

Rae
Raemi13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 06:31 PM   #367  
texdoc2001

S/C/G: 207/207/150

Height: 5'2"

RAE: Can you get your hands on the double chocolate pudding HSN? It sure does it for me?

Somebody asked for a fish recipe. This is one I use several times a week and haven't tired of yet:

Use orange roughy or cod. Preheat oven to 475. Place fish on a square of aluminum foil, lightly salt and pepper (sometimes I use seasoned salt. don't know if it's strictly OP but the flavor is good). Slice a small lemon in thin slices and place them over the fish. Wrap the fish in the foil and place in the oven for 15 minutes. When done, remove and discard the lemon. The flavor and moistness will still be there. Personally, I like to have some cooked leaf spinach with this, but that's just me!
texdoc2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 07:21 PM   #368  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiah View Post
Hi ladies well i start my pre conditioning menu tom i am excited !! I had a question about the menu , in some colums the same food is repeated does this mean i can have it twice if i choose? A;so where do you all buy the flax if you do not buy from mrc? Any helpful hints or advice for me i can use all i can get..lol
I don't think you're supposed to have it twice (it's been a LONG time!) - I think it just expands your options. Someone who's done pre-conditioning more recently than me may need to correct me, tho.
As for flax oil capsules - you can find them most anywhere. Walmart, Target, etc, even the grocery store in the vitamin section. Lots of times they'll offer 2 for one specials at drugstores for vitamin & herb supplements.
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 07:25 PM   #369  

Wink Greetings

Hey all,
Thanks so much for your posts. I need the support! I have been going to MRC for about 4 weeks and have yo-yo'd all over the place. The problem isn't the program bu my ability to stick with it. I trying to hop back on the horse again, any tips?

Thanks
JenfromOmaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 07:42 PM   #370  

S/C/G: 183/169.5/135

Height: 5'5"

Meemo: I have a feeling that I will be a slow loser. Do you think that the 2-5 lbs per week that MRC advertises only works for some? I'm staying on plan (well most of the time) and I'm happy with the 10lb loss so far. How do you stay motivated to not quit - like I've done so many times before. I'm struggling with believing that I can lose the weight. And there is chocolate everywhere I turn!
BrownEyedChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 08:19 PM   #371  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

I had my true test today! I had to bake 4! dozen brownies for my son's cub scout den today, and then, I had to be around all of the baked good's for the last 3 hours. A) I didn't even lick a finger/spoon/bowl when baking and B) My son's kept throwing their goodies at me when they were half finished with them (normally, I would've eaten it up) I just asked them were they finished and then threw it in the trash! Also, everyone was drinking hot chocolate, I just gazed on while drinking my bottled water. This was truly the first time, I was witness to my new good food behaviors, I wasn't even tempted! I am in shock right now. I guess this little stall to the 30 pound board is keeping me focused, b/c I really want to be signing it!
to all!

Last edited by Goal4Life; 12-06-2007 at 08:20 PM.
Goal4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 08:22 PM   #372  
Bringin' Sexy Back

Graduate...
That is too funny about our meal! It was good, I loved sauted mushrooms, so that is why I picked this dish. I need to find a fresh fish market around here. I have been cooking the fresh frozen lately, and I see a huge difference in it to the fresh from the market stuff.
The best fish to start with is flounder, as it is light and not to fishy tasting, that should a good start for some of your recipes.

Last edited by Goal4Life; 12-06-2007 at 08:23 PM.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:25 PM   #373  
Bringin' Sexy Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moliver View Post
Hi Cindy - I've noticed a slow down too lately and am suspecting the creamies. I know 1/day is OP, but I'm going to see if sticking with the clear HNSs will speed things back up for me. I noticed last night that the chocoloate crisps have like 10 grams of sugar in them! I know they have protein too, but I'm suspecting they are the culprit since things slowed down when I started including them in my diet. Anyway, just figured I'd share what I'm trying out, maybe it would help you too. I've also heard that cutting back on cheese can help too, if you're eating it. Personally, I'm keeping the cheese for now and just cutting out the creamies. Good luck to you!
I have always suspected the creamies, I have been actually trying to keep them at 3-5 days a week instead of 1 time a day. I stay away from the crisps unless absolutely necessary, my center told me those are for only 3 times a week, and 1 week I noticed I slipped and had them 5 times. Same with the protein bars. They seem to slow me down sometimes. Try spreading them out with a day in between. See if it works for you.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:01 PM   #374  

S/C/G: 344.5/tracker/144.5

Height: 5'4"

Hey all!

Christy and Jen I am sure you will find this board very helpful. When you have time, and I mean lots of time, go back through the previous 5 MRC threads. They have a lot of great information!

I am super bummed! I have been having a terrible time losing! I gained .5 this week! I was sooo good and did everything right. I have only lost about 5 lbs in the last month! Even when I go off program, in the past, it has been extra melba toast! I was so upbeat when I walked in and so down when I left. We had about 4-5 inches of snow today and the center was practically empty, so I am crying in the lobby and all the counselors are trying to make me feel better. They were so nice, but I am so frustrated. Heavnly you are doing so well, and at least have a reason for a gain! I was measured last week and the inches lost were good, but still, there should be some movement on the scale! Oh well, I will not let it get me down and off program. There is far much more tragedy in this world!

Speaking of tragedy, I know the family of the young man who committed the killings. They were members of the church I attend. I went to a prayer service tonight. It is so sad. My heart goes out to his siblings as they will have to deal with this at school. They attend the district I work and live in. It has been so horrible how many people this has affected.
TexDoc Thanks for your concern. I am sure there are quite a few of us who attend MRC that have been affected by what has happened here. It is so nice to know we have support all over the country!

Well, time to get on with things here. Thanks to all for your great support!
krazykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 09:31 PM   #375  

Default tears

Thanks Karen,
I was just in the center crying yesterday. Perhaps they see that a lot!
Jen
JenfromOmaha is offline   Reply With Quote