Old 12-12-2007, 08:59 PM   #586  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRISTYBEAN01 View Post
Hi all. Having a really bad day today. I am experiencing terrible headaches and my throat feels just raw from the supplements. Did any of you have that feeling when you first started taking all of the pills? Will I get used to it? I am sticking with this no matter what, but it is almost to the point where I dread eating because of how my throat feels. It isn't like a sore throat either, just like something is stuck in my throat! I dont know... I am feeling a little discouraged, especially since I weighed myself at home, which i shouldn't have done... I gained two pounds. I am hoping that is just the water weight because I have not cheated one bit. I probably should make a pitstop to my center tommorrow. Anyway, Thanks again guys just reading your posts helps me out. I love having someone who knows what it is like both the good and the bad. Take care.
How many pills are you trying to swallow at one time. Maybe spread them out in between bites, that way you aren't downing just pills.
Make a point to only weigh yourself at a certain time of the day, and no matter what, don't get on the scale at a different time of day when you are at home. Your weight is going to flucuate throughout the day, and I like you get discouraged easily. So I stick to morning weigh in's on my home scale only.
Goal4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 09:36 PM   #587  
On her way

S/C/G: 296/ticker/178

Height: 5'7"

Unhappy

Christy: I hope that it gets better for you. I hate taking the pills, but with the thought that they are supposed to help I take them. It will be worth it. I liked Goals idea of taking one pill in between each bite! I need to try that.

Now on with the self defeating behavior!

So I have been trying recipes from the MRC cookbook. Tonight I made one of their turkey vegetable meat loaves thinking it sounded good. I made it and it looked and smelled delicious!!! I took one bite, wanted to spit it out, but sticking to the two bite rule in our house had to take another bite. That was that. I thought it was nasty. So because I put so much time and effort into it, and it tasted like mushy dirt, I went and ate 2 cups of cornflakes. I mean I have never had corn flakes before, but they looked good and I ate them. Now I feel like crap because I did soooooo good by exercising this morning and it all went down the tubes. My husband said there were much worse things that I could of splurged on. It was 250 calories with the milk. No fat. 6 grams of sugar. But WHYYYYY!!!!!

Last edited by Lilyannas Mom; 12-12-2007 at 09:37 PM.
Lilyannas Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 09:37 PM   #588  
On her way

P.S. the best time to weigh yourself is naked after you peed in the morning
Old 12-12-2007, 09:40 PM   #589  
DIANA-Start Date 03/08/08

S/C/G: 243/206/180

Height: 5'4

Hi ladies i too am needing help regarding the supplements i only take the flax and the mrc-6 but i am feeling a little weird since yesterday ... my face and mouth feel a little numb and they tingle a bit do you think that it is the mrc-6? I did not take it tonite and i am going to not take it tomm to see if i feel better has anyone had this happen? Is anyone doing the program without the mrc6? I really bummed i have only used this since monday and i paid $60 for the 3month supply can someone help....could it just be withdrawls?
alexiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 10:18 PM   #590  
Bonnie

Alexiah:
I do think the Relcore and Hoodia are helping. My midsection seems to be shrinking quickly (now if I can just direct Relacore to work on my bum and avoid the "sisters"!!). The Hoodia is keeping the hungry monster at bay.
I'm in the Southeast Metro area here, btw. You?
bomaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 12:23 AM   #591  
On her way

Hey ladies,

When you go and buy generic brands of different vitamins etc, do you buy every component seperately? Like the Hoodia Extreme. Do you also buy the cayenne, the gymnema sylvestre and the garcinia cambogia? Or do you just buy the Hoodia?

Thanks a bunch! Been researching alternatives for hours
Old 12-13-2007, 12:30 AM   #592  

S/C/G: 233.5/ticker/155

Height: 5' 4"

Hey Christybean01,
I too had/have issues with all the pills. I have found that if I take the pills with my HNS they go down smoother. If I take them with water, I feel like they get caught in my throat. Have you tried taking b12 in the morning? Or some advil
Carol
ThinMinney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 02:31 AM   #593  

S/C/G: 178.5/168/140

alexiah- MRC Enhncancer worked best for me, for controlling hunger. Have a HNS anytime you feel hungry. You should only have 4 a day but if you're hungry and can stay on plan by having a HNS, this is good! I drink water but sometimes it's not enough.....HNS have few calories compared to Taco Bell!! Hang in there!

Briana -Water is water... try to drink as much H2O as Crystal Light - eventually you'll get to craving water, and it won't be an issue.

feelinbetter- I keep HNS in my glove compartment, and at my desk at work.

graduatethin- yep, just climb back on that horse and ride! You can't get too down on yourself...... tomorrow's another day.

CHRISTYBEAN01- The stuff in your throat is probably your body's reaction to protein/low carb. A lot of people have weird tastes in their mouths as well as feeling a little "off" when your body first gets into ketosis. I personally felt a sweet, slimy feeling in my mouth (which is gone now) at first and I couldn't believe they would tell us we can't use mouthwash! It'll pass, just wait it out. I take my pills with as much water as it takes, and I save my HNS to drink without pills. (It feels like I'm wasting HNS just to choke down some pills!) I'd suggest taking your pills two at a time and if that doesn't help, talk to the reps at your center.

I'm moving this weekend so there's bound to be pizza and beer again.......I've decided to have one slice of pizza and no beer... we'll see how that goes! wish me luck!!!
Mary V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 07:12 AM   #594  

Thanks for you replies. I am up earlier today than most and having a little me time! I got on the scale, but still no change! BUT, today is a new day. I walked around long enough with this weight I am sure i will survive, especially knowing that I have made up my mind to lose it. I will try to spread out the pills a little better, I have just never had a problam with pills, but I will take them because I know they must be working. I will not step on that scale again today! You know, having a place to post your thoughts to others means alot. I know we share these thoughts of wanting to lose the weight and keeping our eye on the goal of feeling better about ourselves and most of all, being healthy. I need to look at that as the positive part of this whole thing. This is a lifestyle change, and obviously my body is trying to battle against it, but I will win this time! Thanks all. I wish you all the best day.
CHRISTYBEAN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 07:44 AM   #595  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiah View Post
Hi ladies i too am needing help regarding the supplements i only take the flax and the mrc-6 but i am feeling a little weird since yesterday ... my face and mouth feel a little numb and they tingle a bit do you think that it is the mrc-6? I did not take it tonite and i am going to not take it tomm to see if i feel better has anyone had this happen? Is anyone doing the program without the mrc6? I really bummed i have only used this since monday and i paid $60 for the 3month supply can someone help....could it just be withdrawls?
I do not take MRC-6. It is not a required supplement. I only take the required Flax, and I take my own dr. recommended multi-vitamin, and b6/b12/folic combo. Talk to your center about your reaction, and maybe they will refund you a portion, or let you swap out with another vitamin/supplement that you want/need. Alexiah, I didn't start any of the supplements until I was on my first menu, why did your center start you on everything during pre-conditioning? Seriously, pre-conditioning is just that, a time to slowly start eliminate those bad things from your daily diet, and trying to get those good choices from each of the columns into your body. You shouldn't feel so stressed on pre-conditioning.

Last edited by Goal4Life; 12-13-2007 at 07:50 AM.
Goal4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 09:09 AM   #596  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goal4Life View Post
I didn't start any of the supplements until I was on my first menu, why did your center start you on everything during pre-conditioning?
Mine did start me on flax, Total Woman & MRC-6 during pre-conditioning - no doubt another of those differences between centers.
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 09:14 AM   #597  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyannas Mom View Post
Hey ladies,

When you go and buy generic brands of different vitamins etc, do you buy every component seperately? Like the Hoodia Extreme. Do you also buy the cayenne, the gymnema sylvestre and the garcinia cambogia? Or do you just buy the Hoodia?
I just got the hoodia - something in MRC's hoodia supplement messes with my stomach if I take it on an empty stomach. I actually take all my pills after I eat anyway, so it's not a huge issue, but I figure it's the hoodia itself that's the actual appetite suppressant anyway, not sure what the other stuff is supposed to do (except that cayenne & other spicy stuff supposedly boosts metabolism a bit) so I didn't worry about it.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:19 AM   #598  
Em

Alexiah,
I got to thinking about how you've always been a big water drinker & wanted to give you a heads up - don't be alarmed if you don't have a big weight loss in the beginning. Usually when people drop lots of lbs the first week or two, it's because they've been retaining lots of water. That probably isn't as much of an issue for you since you drink lots of water already. Just didn't want you to be disappointed if you go to your food instruction class (tomorrow?) & most people have lost more weight than you during pre-conditioning. It's just because they were carrying around more excess water than you. It'll all even out in the long haul.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:43 AM   #599  
texdoc2001

S/C/G: 207/207/150

Height: 5'2"

Lilyanna'smom: It's the self-defeating behavior question that I keep struggling with. So far, it hasn't been bad on this plan. But I know myself all too well. Right now, I've lost my "widow weight" (what I gained when DH died). So now I'm at a weight that my friends, etc., are used to seeing me at. I know that, during the next 20 pounds, I will start to look different. When that's happened in the past and I start hearing "Wow! You're really looking good!", something happens and I start to sabotage. Sometimes it's a feeling of, "Well, then, I guess I can do whatever I want." Sometimes it's sort of a panicky feeling that I don't really understand. Maybe has to do with being the focus of attention. I don't know yet, but I'm trying hard to figure it out. Anybody else have these experiences or others like them?
texdoc2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 09:45 AM   #600  

Height: 5'6''

Well I had my WI last night and I finally showed a loss! I lost 6lbs this week, which is the trend my body kinda rolls in. No loss, no loss, no loss, BIG loss, BIG loss...etc. I'm used to it now. I did get to the center without my wallet somehow, so I'll have to go back to buy HNS...but oh well.
Without my wallet, I also couldn't eat (no money to buy food), so I went until about 10pm before I ate dinner (I did have an HNS in there somewhere). I was nausious and tired and cranky and really hot for some reason...not a good thing. So I eventually ate and then went to bed. It was a rough night. But I survived
Hvnlymzic is offline   Reply With Quote