Old 10-11-2005, 12:10 PM   #166  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hi All,
Went to COD last night, down 2 lbs. The 190's will be here in no time! I am trying to get 30 min in on my Gazelle every day. I too am a flip flop diva. I even have one pair that has a 3 inch foam platform. I love how they make me taller, so last winter, before the snow got deeper than the shoes, I was still wearing them. I kept slipping and sliding on the ice until I finally fell flat in the driveway. DH laughed his head off, told me I had it coming for wearing flip flops in the snow. Oh well, we short girls need some help sometimes! Hope everyone has a POP day! Katie
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 12:13 PM   #167  

Great to hear from you Andi!

I feel the same way you do about weigh-ins at different times of day. that's why I just go by m personal weigh-in at home in the mornings when I know I have ate anythign for over 8 hours.

Sadly, some of the counselors do only read your diary and send you on your way, but there are some good ones who will ask about what you have planned for the wek and try to give you some help and ideas. I just recently switched centers for the same reason. But then again, you are there 3 x's a week, so it does get redundent(sp?)

And the bowel movement is a daily question, so get used to it They want to make sure you are "regular" and I think it also has something to do with the fact that the diet takes a lot of fat out of your diet and it might make it harder to go. (I read something liek that on a post here, but whoever wrote it can probably tell you beeter that i can remember)

I'm writing my grocery list out right now. One thing about this diet that I do hate is that I have to go grocery shopping at the very least twice a week. I always loved my two week stock-up shopping I useto do
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 12:25 PM   #168  

Katie - I can just picture you flip flops up in the snowbank....lol
About the constipation thing, this plan can cause it, it's short on fat. The other reason they ask is so they can sell you the suppliments. I do like it when they suggest how you can stay on plan for special events like weddings, parties, etc.
Julie - I don't always feel the need to have a sit-down with the counselors either - I know what they are gonna say, so I use the "I'm running late, it's my lunch hour" thing too.
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 01:50 PM   #169  

Star: Give up the secret. I thought that I saw the same thing in an earlier post, and was going to comment. Mary beat me to it.
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 02:29 PM   #170  

Mary and Sy - My colon doctor told me to stop the colonics.....
I lost it last week when I was nervous about all the tests and then I couldn't eat anything on Thrusday or Friday......But it's not a good way to lose.......
I would rather be happy, care-free and fat.....lol
Old 10-11-2005, 03:30 PM   #171  

Mary, - make the sandwich!!

Okay, now ya'll don't get mad at me, but I have been around the old weight loss block a few times. The reason this program works is because it is a reduced calorie diet and they have built in accountability with the 3 "office visits" per week.

I have been looking at the Carb Craver selections in my Red plan and DD's Orange 1 plan. The calorie count balances out to be approximately 275 calories. Okay, we know that you can count one CC as a protien. My protien selections are approximately 225 (for 3 large eggs) to 355 calories (for 7 oz chicken breast, cooked). So, I think they are making the program more livable for those of us who need more carbs to be happy (and that would be me ) by allowing us to substitue one per day for a protien. The calorie count will come out to be a little less than if you had your full protien.

So, I say have it.

But then again, what do I know? Nuthin'! I haven't even been at this for two whole weeks!

Andi

Last edited by wtxchick; 10-11-2005 at 03:52 PM.
wtxchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 03:42 PM   #172  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Andi-

I think you're right about that-except that for some people, eating starches seems to make them MORE hungry. I know that although I love my carbs-I am way more satisfied and for longer when I eat the protein.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 03:50 PM   #173  

JulieMarie - you're right! I was going to say something about that, but I didn't want to get into any trouble!

Seriously, I lost great on WW - even with all the carb choices I made. However, DD can not do it. She is starved all the time when making "carb-y" choices. Which, by the way, is precisely why we are doing LAWL and not WW (which I mourn the loss of each day )

DD has never felt better. Every day she writes in her LAWL diary "I feel great. I'm not going to bed hungry." Which makes me so happy!

I, on the other hand, feel sort of out of sorts. I don't have that satisfaction level that DD and DH are having with this program.

I have come to realize that, while real weight loss happens due to restricting caloric intake, the ability to stick to that diet depends on how well suited the program is to the individual.

So, I forge on because this isn't really about me, it is all about my beautiful baby girl. As long as she is happy, then I am happy!

Andi

Having said all that, I would eat the sandwich!
wtxchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 03:50 PM   #174  

Mary, I agree with Andi- either count it as it's parts - 2 starches, 1 dairy, 1 fat, whatever veg, or count it as a CC substitute. . .

When I joined last year, the carb craver stuff was on a separate sheet, and I only got it after I complained for weeks about the inflexibility of the program. (This is the OLD program -it's much more comprehensive now).

I know, too, that for me, having controlled portions of carbs is much easier for me to handle. I'm not much of a sandwich eater, and truthfully, I'm not sure I could trust myself to have one of the pasta CC meals, and don't even want to try the french toast or pancakes. . . I do do the cereal occaisionally. Even when I do the frozen meals, I don't have to worry about leftovers.

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 04:08 PM   #175  
New mommy again :-)

Mary and anyone else who can benefit...
As far as the constipation thing, I can say that I am just the opposite. I go a couple times a day (I don't want to make this gross and give too much info). One of the supplements that I take regularly is omega 3, 6, and 9's. You can get it at any health food store. They come combined in liquid capsules (and other forms). I take 2 capsules per day because they are good for you, but one of the many benefits is that they keep you regular. You will not need a laxative with these. Don't get me wrong...they don't act as strong as a laxative, they just keep your colon healthy. Okay, I'm done with this subject now! Hope this helps.
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 04:10 PM   #176  
New mommy again :-)

Oh, and by the way, Mary...I've done the laxative for a bit of chocolate thing, too. I thought I was the only one...haha!
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 04:29 PM   #177  

mary - are you gonna start doing exercises for your arms soon? You can change them with some work.....
Old 10-11-2005, 04:29 PM   #178  
217/177.8/150ish

Andi stick to it and eventually you'll feel better.. It is about you too, but I do understand us mothers tend to put our kids and husbands before us..

Star im glad to see that you made it under 160.. even if it wasn't a great way to do it, you still made it woohoo

Julie Im totaly with ya on having to control the carbs. my body dosen't like them but its no biggy to me because I could careless if I have them or not.. lol

Ive had a great couple of WI which im shocked about since TOM came for a visit today sat I was down 3 lbs and today 1.4. they couldn't believe it at the center either lol

Hope everyone is having a great pop day!

Last edited by buttonsinabox; 10-11-2005 at 04:32 PM.
buttonsinabox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 04:30 PM   #179  

Hi Beth - How's the dungeon these days, still busy?
Old 10-11-2005, 04:34 PM   #180  
217/177.8/150ish

NO but I better get busy or i'll be at mcdonalds flipping burgers.. lmao I guess its time to get the christmas gift giving ideas going.. Like printing pictures on canvas for gifts, and ornaments..
buttonsinabox is offline   Reply With Quote