Old 10-19-2005, 04:14 AM   #316  

Hi I am new to this site!! I love it, all the info is GREAT!!!

Boyerm: Do you like the Pilates? Do you feel it is a good investment?
klk3404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 06:47 AM   #317  

I bought the Pilates videos (Pilates basics and 20 minute workout) off ebay, so I didn't spend a lot of money on them. I'd recommend trying to buy them that way, at least until you see if you like them. It seems to be good--I've only done the workout a couple of times so far so it's too early to tell what it will do for me, but I can feel it afterwards so I guess it's doing something!
boyerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 06:59 AM   #318  

Hi everyone. Just a quick post after playing catchup. Went to the COD yesterday and was up 1.2 from last Friday's early WI. I'm really frustrated. I'm doing as well as every or ever better and the scale just doesn't seem to be moving and I'm getting depressed about the whole thing. I'm hoping when I go in on Friday that the counselor I like will be there. We need a heart-to-heart to get it out of this slump! I'll do anything, even the Blue Plan that I refused to try a couple weeks ago.

Welcome KLK3404 - hope to see hear more about you.

Take care, Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 07:56 AM   #319  

Morning, chicks!

I picked up the fall/holiday tip booklet; I'll post the glazed ham recipe in the recipe thread. . . I always find the LAWL recipes interesting since they calculate the servings in new ways.

Sy - when you see your fave counselor be honest about how much exercise you do, including the LONG weekend workouts. .

Katie - I've never seen the lighthouse brand of dressings, and I do haunt the dressing aisle often - I like to use them as marinades as well as on salads. Are they by the fresh salad stuff?

About workout vids - check out your rental store - it's a good place to try out new ones - or ebay - I've gotten several there. If you like Kathy Smith - she has a couple of shortish aerobics tapes- you can also go to collagevideo.com (although the last time I tried that link I couldn't get it to work). I agree about the easy steps - I got warm, but definately not dripping, like I was hoping. If you have 40 minutes Kathy's functionally fit fat burning is pretty intensive.

I'm at the point of trying to find a consignment store for my bigger clothes, too - I've done this before - they usually don't have clothes in large sizes and they sell pretty well.

Regina - Wow on the entralac - I love how it looks, but all those little triangles and picking up would drive me crazy - it's what stops me from doing some of those mitered designs too. Fingers crossed for you to get to that 50 pound marker this weekend. Like the new avatar, but I miss your sassy chick!

Slimdreams - my aunt also freezes grapes! Also, you can have 1tbsp of ff choc syrup as a condiment - you can use that with strawberries or bananas, too.

Has anyone used the hot drink lites, or the shakes? I think the Alba mixes are a pretty good substitute.

Did anyone catch BL yesterday? I am so disappointed that the blue team lost. There is no way that the women can win IMHO. (But I did like the chocolate in a cloud that Bob showed the girls how to make).

Also caught Dog last night - Star, I think you're right - Beth definately has lost weight, or had something done to her tummy area. They are showing more full body shots of her lately. I'm trying to decide if I like Dogs new hair braiding?

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 08:09 AM   #320  

I agree with Julie. I really think the deck is stacked against the women. Even using percentages, there is no way that women can post big enough weight losses to get those percentages higher. The men are significantly higher in weight than the women. I read an article in O magazine that pointed out that if men and women follow the exact same food plan, men have an automatic 300 calorie advantage (they just burn more calories sitting still). So, you have those guys eating less and exercising (at least one of them) for 5 hours!! It's just not fair to the gals!

I'm taking my youngest DD to the eye doctor today. She had a note sent home that she can't see the board. We're going to make the morning of it, do the glasses then do lunch. She's so excited! My only problem is I haven't quite figured out how to eat out on this program yet. It's been a lot of grilled chicken salads!

Andi
wtxchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 08:40 AM   #321  

Andi - I know what you mean - I do a lot of grilled chicken salads, too, but, in your guide take a look thru the restaurant section - there *are* sandwich options, or subway, so there is some lee-way there.

I just remembered the teaser for the next BL - seems like they're doing away with the teams, so I wonder how they'll calculate the losses now? I don't remember from last season if they went by percentages at that point?

Julie
Old 10-19-2005, 09:39 AM   #322  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

First off, do I just have the most beautiful Penn State cheerleader or what? I dressed up my baby girl (19 months old) for our town's Halloween parade last night. She caused quite a buzz...my husband and I were very proud parents. She's the light of my life. While I'm talking about her...I always say that she's my 2nd major reason for losing weight. I want to be a positive influence on her so that she doesn't have to struggle with her weight her entire life like I have. Well, on the weekend I was stretching and doing some light weights in the living room and she wanted to do them too. We touched our toes and touched the sky and stretched. She even wanted to hold the dumbbell and do like mommy. It reaffirmed my reasons for getting healthy again.

Kisha--I like to eat frozen blueberries as a snack. You can buy them at the grocery store year-round. I have a Dell in my office at work. I've had it for 2 years now and love it!

Katie--that dressing sounds awesome. I'll have to look for it today at the store.

Sy--Hang in there...this will pass. Hopefully your counselor will have some suggestions. Not sure if this will help, but I hit a snag in my losses about a week ago. My counselor gave me the new Menu Plan book which now has dots next to some foods (do you have that one). I'm supposed to only have 2 of these food per week and see how that goes. Apparently the food with the dots are higher in fat and/or sodium and could hinder weight loss.
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 10:42 AM   #323  

Cool

Good morning ladies!

LadyIzzy(Bre)-I posted to you over at slim in 6 too! Glad to see you over here! Let me know what plan you're on again, I could use your help on mine!

Marbear(Mary)-Thanks for the tip, I will have to try that!

Boyerm-I do slim in 6 from beachbody.com, and have lost over 13lbs and 21" in 5 weeks(didn't do full 6wks). It is a great workout, and I could only do the 20-30 mins, now I can do the full thing. But, the 30 mins gave me great results still! I just ordered turbo jam too, and I can't wait for it to get here! The scale may haven't moved much, but the inches definitely tell the story. I can now fit into some 12's, and I used to be a tight 16, and I still weigh in the 180's.

Klk3404-Welcome, I'm new myself, and I like it here.

Sy-Sorry to hear about your gain. Hopefully you will see your counselor soon, and she will know what to do. Just curious, why was it that you didn't want to try the blue plan again?

Julie-Man, they sound so good, I will add that to my list, thanks!

Emmysmom(Tina)- Your baby is gorgeous! I love to dress my girls up too. I just wish they could stay sweet and adorable! Oh, the blueberry treat sounds good. Do you know if I could make my own english muffin using them? I see the blueberry muffins in the store and have never tried it. So I'm wondering are they good?

Shennie- How are you doing? I'll check my mail today, and write you! Thanks again for all of your help. I had a peppermint patty last night, but I burned it off, by exercising for 1 hour! My eating is coming along good, and I'm not hungry anymore. I actually look forward to my bagels now!

Shouts out to all the ladies here. Have a nice day!
slimdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 10:50 AM   #324  

Hello to all!!!!!!
I thought I would drop a quick hello and to see if my graphic will work-- I am not very computer savy!!!!! Gotta run right now-- I need to get ready for work and I think my son is playing in the toilet-- ugh!!!!!! Type to ya all later!!!!!
cnt0418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 11:23 AM   #325  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone.

Went to COD last night. Was trying to wait for TOM to get here and then leave, but I'm not sure he's coming at all. I think I have to stay bloated and attitudinal like this for the rest of my life. The good news is that I am able to move my ticker again...(finally!). The bad news is that I think I am a food addict. Something is up.

It dawned on me last night. I came in from WI, had a POP dinner and was finishing the rest of my water. DH goes out to pick up something for his lunch, and came back and handed me a medium order of Mc Fries, which I DEVOURED even though I knew I wasn't hungry. Afterwards I was so ashamed of myself for having had them. I RUINED a POP day - and when I say POP I mean PERFECTLY on plan. Now see, normally for me there is always something that prevents me from being POP. Whether its not getting in all of my water, or missing a fruit, or having a whole potato instead of a half at dinner, to having butter on my potato AND my broccoli, there is usually always something. So I decided to make my goal to really hone in on those "slipups" that I wasn't even counting as slipups per se, and sure enough my ticker moved again. So what did I do? Had the fries! What gives??? I know all about planning and everything. I try to do that to the best of my ability, and then I sabotage myself. Something isn't right, and the answer is only within me.

I know the thing to do is to get right back on the wagon, which I have done, but its unsettling to know how weak I can be. With almost 30 lbs gone, much of the time I still feel like I am fighting a losing battle. I am not about to give up, I just am having a time understanding how this journey can seem like such a walk in the park to some of us while to others it is such a struggle.
I am not looking for a pity party or any sympathy. I guess the reason I posted this in the forum instead of my journal is so that anyone else out there who might be struggling a bit will know that they are not alone. Off my soapbox for now...

Carm
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 01:11 PM   #326  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

Oh Carmen, I can totally relate. I have my moments when I am so proud of what I have accomplished so far. Then in the next instant I'm wondering why I have to worry and watch what I eat when others don't have to. Or I'll wake up and work out and feel all good, then go to work and eat a donut and lose track again. It gets so frustrating. I think the best thing for me is to try to take this moment by moment because when I expect myself to lose so much per week then I feel like a failure when I fall short. We will get through this and be maintaining some day. Be proud of what you have accomplished so far...you're almost at a 30 pound loss...that's awesome!!!!
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 01:14 PM   #327  

Carmen - I hear your pain!

You know, my struggle with this is close to Carmen's. I haven't had but two POP days since I began 2 weeks ago. I still have so much of the WW in my head, that it is hard to say no to things that were perfectly acceptable on WW (and where I lost weight too). Does that make sense? It is hard for me to not have a sandwich, baked lays and a pickle when I know that it is, say 8 points, but not "legal" on LAWL.

For example, I got up this morning and said I would have a POP LAWL day. Breakfast was fine. Then, I took youngest DD to the eye doctor and then to McAllister's Deli for lunch. Okay, sure, I could have had the grilled chicken salad and had them leave off the bacon and cheese. But, I have a thing about paying $7 for lettuce and 3 oz. of chicken. So, I ordered a grilled chicken sandwich on an onion roll. Now, that is 2 starches and 1/2 a protien. And, I still haven't accounted for the small slice of swiss cheese that came on the sandwich (should have had that removed, but didn't). There is no wiggle room. So, I'm counting it as a P and 2 Starches and moving on...

I did take a menu so I could sit down and try to figure out something more on program. I know this is do-able, everyone else here seems to be fine.

Carmen - keep working at it. That's what I tell myself - the program is paid for!

Andi
wtxchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 02:04 PM   #328  

I'm hoping that I can get this posted before my dialup wigs out again, but I guess I'd like to say - if it were easy, none of us would be here. I find the standard program to be pretty easy for day to day, but like everyone I have bad days - when I say to h*ll with it, and go for the cake and ice cream. Andi, I went thru lots of what you're posting when I first started on LAWL. It does get easier with time. And I know it's easier for me since I'm just cooking for me, not for anyone else.

Carmen - (don't beat me up over this -) yes, you put the fries in your mouth, but why did your DH put them in your hand? Did you ASK him to get them for you? I would find it REALLY hard to resist McD's ff's- I think they're the best on earth - besides the KFC baked potato wedges.

Andi - truthfully, I don't think you made that bad of a choice. The thing with the pickles is really all about sodium. It's part of the LAWL way of trying to get us to the 2# a week goal. Ask your counselor about them to see if they can work it in somehow?

Julie
Old 10-19-2005, 02:19 PM   #329  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Julie, Tina, and Andi - Thanks! It helps to know that I am not alone. Don't get me wrong, all the great stories of success are really inspiring too. About DH, you're right. I did not ask him to bring them for me. I did explain to him though that I didn't want him to bring me anything else home, unless it was a salad, which he does from time to time. He immediately countered "well babe if you didn't want them you shouldn't have taken them," and he was right. I had NO ANSWER to that, and that's the question I am still asking myself. That is the source of my frustration. Well, I am finished dwelling on it, and as they say, today is another day. I do plan to make the best of it. "I deserve the best choices." A little birdy told me that.
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 02:22 PM   #330  

Hi everyone,

I had a sewer problem this morning and come to find out i have to get my tree dug up, sidewalk tore up and a new sewer line put in. Thankfully, the city will pay for it all.

I was down .4 this morning, but still at 170.4. I am soo upset at myself for all of the messing up i have been doing lately. I was so busy with my toilet overflowing this morning, i didn't eat and then ended up having a donut hole, I stopped by subway to get a chicken breast sandwich on my way in to get something in me, but i have got to get on the ball. I am 2lbs over my goal for tommorrow.

Kisha~glad to hear everything is working out for you, hope you get the plan in the mail soon, let me know when it comes in.

After going through all of the stuff in my basement to get the sewer rodded, I definetly need to get back on e-bay and sell some stuf, but my digital camera is broke

I guess i should do some work since it is already 1:30 and the first thing i did when i got in the office is log onto here, so i will chat with you all later.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote