Old 10-12-2005, 04:54 PM   #211  

Hi Bre - Good to have you back.......
Have to run home now - see ya'll tomorrow.....
Hugs......
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 04:54 PM   #212  

Hi everyone

Andi~ I don't really hve a problem with Take-off. I love being able to eat all day long (but I do hate not being able to have anything other than green veggies)
I am so with you on the writng in my journal thing. The first time it happened, I actually subconciously pulled it back from her. (There is a long blue mark from her pen when I snatched it still in my first diary) Why can't they use scratch paper? i have stopped them from writing my weight in for me. Especially since i keep track of my home weight and not my center weight. But i am a organizational freak, so I almost had a panic attack when they wrote these huge letters in my book.

Karen~ great to hear from you. Good luck on the wedding planning.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 10:39 PM   #213  

Mary,
What brand of pita bread do you buy?
emmabenmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 10:43 PM   #214  

About ready to sign off for the night-

I'm not a neat freak about my journal, sometimes i don't color in my circles, and then my counselors do what you do, Andi, they put in the portions next to them - the highliter - sounds like that's the way they were trained -- to make sure that what you wrote matches the circles -

There is a lot of turnover in the centers. I did go on hold for a few months over the summer - when I returned, they were ALL new.

Mary - you go girl - you are just around the corner from a new decade! (almost like New Years)

Shennie - is that cutie your son?

Andi - I had to break myself of the saving portions habit, too, so I know what you mean. Actually, that's one of the hardest things for me - I'd like to have a piece of cake without guilt -- but actually, knowing that I can't have it on a regular basis has really tamed the habit. ( I still tend to count veg as free, though.) About the plateau buster - eventually, in every diet, I think we plateau -- I think what Sy was given was a way to shake things up - usually centers recommend using a modified juice fast to break a plateau --This is part of the goal of 2 pounds a week.

Karen (our new Bridezilla) - you seem to know yourself pretty well. When you look back at it ten years from now, what will you wish you'd done? The dress, the place, the food, the honeymoon? Do you want lots of people? Or something simple at a favorite place of yours and DF? Do you want to spend more money on the wedding or the honeymoon? A small wedding, and a big party later to celebrate? My family has a few professional photographers and I've assisted at several weddings -and I've seen all sizes, places, sorts. (I do think photographs are important at these things!)

Juliemarie - I thought it was supposed to be 16 oz of juice a day -nutrition is 100 cals per 4oz - let me know if you want more deets.

Sy - hope this works for you - but aren't you over 5 hours of exercise a week? esp with doing a 20 mile bike ride? and golf?

Sleep tight, all,
Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 07:54 AM   #215  

MetalChic/Karen: Congrats on setting a date/planning the wedding. Star was right, the new offical Bridezilla. As far as paying - depends on who has the money and who offers. My DMom couldn't afford it, so DH and I paid for our own wedding (his parents were/are deceased). DMom and DSisters cooked all the food and we had an outside reception at DM's. It's was a blast, and after 24 years - I still get comments on how much fun our reception was. I think that champage punch contributed to that. If you shop around and aren't to picking on a particular flower - you can get beautiful arrangements using daisies instead of roses for much less than 1/2 the cost (or another type of lower cost/beautiful flower). My hats off to you at marrying for a second time! How exciting for both of you!

Hugs, Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 10:19 AM   #216  

Good morning all,

Karen you are going to be one skinny beautiful bride! eveything will just have to fall in place around you, because this is your show and what you want is what everyone else will have to deal with.

Julie~ yes that is my son. He actually made me put it up because he said my little flower was ugly and everyone else has better pictures. Sadly although i buy pictures 4 times a year (for football, baseball, school and now basketball) That picture is from kindergarten and he is now in 4th grade.

One day i will pull out the scanner and get a newer one up.

Mary~ Hope Eli lets you get a nap in

Ok I did not loose a thing yesterday on take-off, so I am not sure if it is allowed, but i am going back to the 6 oz of protein and veggies w/ lites TO for my second day(today). last time this one worked really well for me. Plus i think I got a little happy with the idea of being able to eat all day with unlimited protein and veggies- and I ate all day

I know that there are little people in my scale that are laughing at me and singing "she'll never get to 169, she'll never get to 169"
Old 10-13-2005, 10:25 AM   #217  

Way to go Mary!!!
Old 10-13-2005, 10:26 AM   #218  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

Congrats, Mary...I'm so excited for you!!!!!!!!!
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 10:34 AM   #219  

Height: 5' 4"

Mary!
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 10:38 AM   #220  

Default Mary -

my fav:

Welcome to the 170's......

Erik sounds pretty sweet (well half the time anyhow)....lol
Old 10-13-2005, 11:19 AM   #221  
Norissa on LAWL

Height: 5'3

CONGRATULATIONS MARY !!!!!
Mom_of_3_Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 11:21 AM   #222  

WTG Mary! Sounds like you did the smart thing by switching things up! Does your insurance have a prescription plan - sometimes I've requested one when I can get it for free, instead of paying for something OTC. . but it's good to know that there is something OTC when you don't want to go to the doctor.

Sy - how did yesterday go?

Star, how's it going?

About Pitas - I use the Sahara mini pitas. I find them in the bread aisle - by the specialty breads.

Hi to the other chicks!
Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 11:41 AM   #223  

Mary:

Julie: Yesterday the Plateau Breaker went well. I will confess - the LA Shake does not fill me up like an LA Lite. I'm sure I can manage for a couple days. The taste was okay (strawberry) - and it would taste like a 'real' shake if I could use some type of milk instead of water. It's only 80 calories.
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 11:47 AM   #224  

Default Good Morning Chickies!

Whew, am I glad to be back! You all are just too productive when it comes to posting results. I'm not even going to try to catch up. I'll just start from today.

September was not a good month for me. I think I wound up with a 5 pound loss for the entire month due to our cruise and then spending 5 days with grandson Davey in the hospital. Hospital food is not condusive to eating healthy! They *think* he had Rocky Mountain spotted fever because he was bitten by a tick and then developed a rash and high temp, but tests wouldn't confirm it. They came back negative for all tick-related illnesses. Oh, well, he is over it now and I'm back on track.

October is looking better. Yesterday I was down a total of 48.2 pounds! I like my scales better. According to them I'm down an even 50 from when I first weighed on them!

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding, Karen. Our 29th anniversary is coming up on Halloween. We got married in a double wedding ceremony on Halloween, 1976, in a bar (closed for the wedding) by a female minister of the psychic church in town. My parents had met my hubby only once before the marriage took place. They were afraid I was pregnant! My maid of honor cut the cake before we could get to it and we had to keep telling my two kids to get off the jukebox. We had known each other exactly two months.

OK, we didn't plan for it to be so unusual, but we do have fond memories of it and whenever anyone wants to discuss the "unorthodox ceremony" they had, we can always top it. It was a second marriage for each of us. Thankfully it is one that has lasted many years and we're still very happy with each other. David is my best friend.

Star ~ I'm glad to see those numbers have shifted into the 150's and you jus have a short journey to your goal! Way to go!

Mary ~ You are downsizing at a quick rate too! Congratulations!

Hello to all the people who have come in while I was gone. You will find a wealth of information and support here!

Now I'm off to start Davey's Halloween costume. He's going to be a pumpkin. I got all the material yesterday, washed it and put it into the dryer. I normally wash all my fabric when I get it, but I double-wash his because he has such sensitive skin!

I'll check back in later!
EweWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 12:27 PM   #225  

Regina - Hi Girl, I have been wondering where you were?
So gald GB Dave is okay, I know it just broke your heart to see him sick..
His costume sounds cute, you are the good grandma.....I'm the easy grandma - I bought their costumes at the Childrens Place, Kaycee is a butterfly, Dave is a Dragon, Jenna is a Ghost and Samantha has a halloween theme onsie (6 weeks old)....lol
Hugs....