Old 10-05-2005, 11:48 AM   #76  

Carmen, Happy Anniversary!

does he have the team jacket or shirt?
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 12:00 PM   #77  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Julie and Karen - both great ideas - thanks! He already has a Browns beer mug (but no stein) and he has a jersey too. I may try to find him a stein and start him a little collection for the family room. He wears the jersey during EVERY game . A little juvenile, but cute.

Andi - Your counselors sound really nice to call you and check up on you. Mine only do that if you're MIA from your WI for over a week. Your menu looks fabulous. Give the plan some time to grow on you. Once you begin to see the results (for you and your DD) it should begin to be a lot more palatable.
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 12:16 PM   #78  

Default Hi Chicks...

Mary - Thanks for asking about me..... I have been lurking, stalking just not so much posting....
I had a physical afew weeks ago and I am having to have some extensive testing. It has made me anxious, nervous and unable to concentrate. I am trying to stay really busy at work so the time will pass faster. So far that hasn't worked very well and I'm really bored.....
I called today and put my plan on hold, for a month. By then the tests and maybe surgery should be partly over....and I will enjoy counting circles again.. However I have kinda lost my desire for food too, but can't be interupt my worry to keep track
Carem - Happy anniversary! I say get him another jersey. He sounds adorable...
later.....
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 12:32 PM   #79  

Height: 5' 4"

Andi,

When you go to your next appointment, be honest on what you can and cannot deal with. If you decide not to use the bars and you don't have to, they will actually increase your plan so you get more real food to compensate for the calories, protien, etc. I couldn't gag the bars down either, some people love them; but I couldn't do it so I didn't.

As Julie was saying, they did modify my plan because I couldn't handle 3-4 fruits per day. They will work with you to get you comfortable with the plan.

As I said before, it is a life changing experience. Just hang in there and give it a chance before deciding to give up on it. All the ladies on here will give you suggestions and try to help. The counselors are being paid to help you. We have a joke about the nutrtionist, but there is one avaliable by telephone to the counselors.

I bought the La Cookbook to help out with me. I used it for awhile just to figure out how to count things and get an idea of some things to eat. I am an extrememly picky person and I have managed well. Check out the recipe thread on here, alot of ladies have posted recipes from the cookbook and there are some on laweighloss.com.

LAWL might not be the diet for you. LAWL is actually more than a diet, it changes your eating habits. Ya'know those eating habits that you don't want to let go of, the change that you are scared of. For weight loss and weight maintenance to be successful you have to change your current eating habits into more healthy ones. Why do you think you went to the LAWL center to begin with? Apparently, your eating habits were putting you at an uncomfortable weight and you wanted to change your weight to one you could live with for life.
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 12:36 PM   #80  

Star, stress does some strange things to us. I can totally relate. When I'm stressed out, I either want to eat more or not eat at all. Yesterday, DFI and I were fighting and I even missed my fruit and only realized it this morning.

You do need to try to eat to keep your metabolism from running and hiding on you......

I hope everything goes well. Ya'know we are only a few keystrokes away.
Old 10-05-2005, 01:20 PM   #81  

I have the same problem with stress -- right now, I'm in a not-eating-when-stressed mode, which is really strange for me --

Mary, truthfully, I would not go to LAWL and try to get a deal for 4 or so weeks - if you're concerned - why don't you see a real nutrionist and try to get a few weeks with her? It may be a little more expensive, but the info will be more tailored to you. You can also ask her any questions about Eli, and fruit, etc. (I'm actually more like Karen here - no problems at all with the veg, but the fruit is another question!)

Julie
Old 10-05-2005, 02:08 PM   #82  

Mary, I don't drink much juice, but you can use 4 oz of fruit juice not from concentrate. I had a hard time with the veggies at first, but it got much easier.
Old 10-05-2005, 02:08 PM   #83  

Thanks ya'll, so much, for all the kind replies.

Honestly, I don't care for Luna bars either. I don't care for any of the bars - Pria, Atkins, Clif, etc. If I'm going to spend the calories, I'd rather have food I like.

I know that I chose LA Weight Loss because it will work for my daughter. I honestly believe that people lose weight best with a plan that fits their personality. DD didn't like WW and stayed hungry on it all the time. She also hated the meetings.

I, on the other hand, am a real people person so I loved my WW meetings. I also loved the program because I can lose very well on it. It drives me a little crazy looking at my lunch today, knowing that I could be satisfied on much less chicken (3 oz. instead of 6) and have a chicken sandwich, baked lays, baby carrots and pear. Same amount of calories, one is satisfying to me and one isn't. I suppose it is an eating style preference.

However, I did this because I know that the two programs are not compatible in the least. I can't make WW Chili & cornbread (perfectly fine on WW) because DD wouldn't be able to eat it.

So, I've been a whiney baby instead.

Anyway, DD is thrilled with this program. She can't wait for our Free to Live meeting on Thursday. She says that she isn't hungry at all and is perfectly happy.

I'm truly sorry. I'll get my mind around this. Somehow, I will make this work. I just so wanted to love this program and feel happy about it.

Andi

Last edited by wtxchick; 10-05-2005 at 02:11 PM.
wtxchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 02:47 PM   #84  

Andi, you are doing great, you should have saw how i wined every time we passed an olive garden when I started. (And of course they started never ending pasta bowls again 2 weeks in my program)

But I promise you will get used to it...and you just have to talior your lunch a little.

you can combine starches to have a sandwhich, or if you don't like open faced sandwhiches, you can cut it in half and save half for tommorrow. You can also have carrots and pears (I think a whole pear is two veggies though)

Sorry about the lays though, but you can get the chees curls or popcorn (they are pretty reasonable)

Figure out what you like and go for it, and like someone said earlier, there are alot of foods that aren't spelled out in the book, that you can eat (just compare calories, sodium, fat..etc)....Don't forget your carb cravers.

i was a bread, pastam potatoe queen, so if I can make the the change, i am sure you will too. Just keep at it and in about a week or so you will be a LAWL pro
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 03:58 PM   #85  

Andi - I'm also remembering how tough it was when I first started, and it does get easier -- if it's not for you, then that's not such a bad thing - at least you know another thing that doesn't work for you!

I think one of the biggest changes in me now - is when I get hungry I look for things I still have to eat during the day, and choose from that. With WW, I'd choose from something that was not necessarily the best thing for me.

About the lites - my own favorites are the honey nougat and the cookie dough - I know what you mean about the aftertaste - I find that in the double chocolates and the peanut butter ones.

Julie
Old 10-05-2005, 04:01 PM   #86  

I'm feeling brave today, I guess. Please don't be too critical....

I posted this on the journal thread, but I'm posting here for those that don't go over there....

Ok, I'm posting my FitDay Link; but you have to remember I was in stabilization from 5/30/05 - 7/10/05 and I have been in maintenance since 7/11/05. I even list my cheats in FitDay...

I'm not sure how far back it will let you go. But maybe someone can get some ideas.

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJ...Owner=kdphipps

Last edited by MetalChic; 10-05-2005 at 04:04 PM.
Old 10-05-2005, 04:07 PM   #87  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Andi, I think that you are an awesome mom to help your daughter this way. Good for you for trying hard to gain a great attitiude about LAWL. I think that a few weeks into this, after you really have some poundage loss to show for it, you will be cheering! I don't know what a typical day is like for you, but I found that I was over eating and snacking when I was bored, especially in the afternoons during nap here at my daycare. On a good day, I can get all 14 kids asleep for a couple of hours (I know, I am the queen of naptime!) Anyway, this had been the time that the binge begins. I finally decided that I needed a hobby besides children and repossesing cars. I got out my sewing machine, and now I love to sew in the afternoons. I have to set the timer to remember my waters and snack because I totally forget. Good luck, you are doing great! Katie
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 04:09 PM   #88  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Critical?!?!?!?!?!? I don't think so. Karen - you're on maintenance lady, and you're doing WELL! I haven't looked at your journal (yet) but I DO have a question for you though...

When you log your foods into Fitday, even the "cheats," is the underlining idea still to remain within a given range of calories?
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 04:11 PM   #89  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chklithunder
Critical?!?!?!?!?!? I don't think so. Karen - you're on maintenance lady, and you're doing WELL! I haven't looked at your journal (yet) but I DO have a question for you though...

When you log your foods into Fitday, even the "cheats," is the underlining idea still to remain within a given range of calories?
Yes mam! That is my plan and I'm sticking to it......
Old 10-05-2005, 11:52 PM   #90  
Missing Ohio

Unhappy Quick Drive By Before Days End

Just a quick driveby to say hello all and keep doing what you are doing to reach your goals. I've been a little depressed because I got the shock of my life Monday when I went with my sister to the hospital. She didn't tell me that her cancer is spreading. I thought that they got it the first time that they went in and she has known since then that it's in the limphnoids (sp) and is spreading. Pray for her and me please.

It's late and I should try to get some sleep whether or not I get to sleep in if I want to.

later,
LadyIzzy is offline   Reply With Quote